Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? (2637 Views)

My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? / Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / My 14-Year-Old Sister Made Shocking Revelations, How Can I Manage The Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by freelance777: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2016
Nairalanders, I need your thoughts on this, still on the issue of having to query my wife regarding men. Now this time my son came to me, with mums phone in his hand

'daddy' its game, which means , he needs me to operate the phone for him to play game on it, lo and behold, probably where he mistakenly pressed the whatsapp icon, a

message from someone whos number isnt saved saying:

why arent you picking my calls?

hope there is no problem?

is everything ok?

Has this phone been stolen?

my wife then responds with:

Lolz, I stole the phone, if you see this phone u will know it cant be stolen.

That ended the conversation there. I then asked her whose message was that, she sighed and said

" oh you actually saw that message, 'she said in a sober tone' I answered yes, whos is the person

She answered saying its one man ooo, I said which man, she said she met him a long time ago, I asked again who he is, she answered
saying it was the guy he met last year at GTbank whom she told me about that the guy chased her from Gtbank as far as reaching
where she was going to. Oh well I did remember she told me herself that a guy trailed her all the way from GT down to where she had stopped by,
only for the guy to pressure her for her number and she gave him out of too much pressure knowing fully well she would not entertain his calls.

She said the dude has not called her since last year, that he stated back then he was travelling out, and that hes probably back
reason why the dude called, and at first she didnt recognize who it was until he described himself and soon as she found out he was
the one, she decided not to pick his calls resulting to the text he has been sending as shown above.

Now Nlanders, I have two points here that bothers me, and which I made use a medium to confront my wife.

Firstly, I said if you dont know what you are doing yourself, how in this world would someone have you give him your number because you were pressured?And how
in this world would you justify the fact that if truly you claim not to entertain conversation with this man, why do you even have to respond to his whatsapp message with the above statement above by her? Above all, I picked a statement which I find terribly suspicious which sends serious signal of worry. That being:

She lost her phone 3 weeks ago, and to replace that same phone would cost me as much as 80-90k, and due to the current financial situation, an android phone
i got for 10k for my skype was passed on to her, a phone which to me is not bad @all, so for my wife to have responded to this man saying if he did see the phone, he would know that it cant be stolen to me really bothers me, I dont know what you guys think, but what I think might be right, or magically wrong.

Lastly, after the confrontation, all I could get as an answer was ;its not my fault', I didnt want to talk to him thats why I did not respond to his message for long, bla bla. I responded by saying, the foundation for trust to be built takes a gradual process, and from incidences frm wayback which showcased a trait of infidelity wife, it will as far as I can see take years to build, as I see a woman that lacks discipline, and lacks fear of the unknown.

I apologize for the long epistle. Its mind buggling, young women wife of nowadays. Na only God fit save men.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Stanleyafam(m): 8:43am On Apr 29, 2016
Women are always chased, married or not, but you just have to trust her, cos if you don't, you hurt your self, and as for the phone looking like it can't be stolen, please remember you can never please a woman, read less meaning into it, work more on your happiness and ignore most things else you'll grown thin.. please don't be hard on yourself..
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Jackeeh(m): 8:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Either willingly or coerced, she gave out her number. This means she wants him to contact her. She shouldn't have. As long as he has her contact, they will always communicate. Madam may seem uninterested at first but might gradually start responding . She indirectly complained about her phone's "poor" status. Strange man might offer to buy her an expensive phone. That could lead to other activities. Or may not. Do let her know she's playing with fire and it burns. Talk to/with her. Watch her reaction. If she's sober and apologizes, then you're safe. If she becomes angry and defensive,hmmmmm................. Then she's filing him under "future" purposes.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2016
Hmmm... It's a two way thing, might be the truth or she might be lying. Don't jump into conclusion already because of past incidences. Tell her you believe her but start watching her.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Gloriagee(f): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2016
My opinion is that you seem to have a pattern of bringing your issues online, which is something I wouldn't be comfortable with, if I were ur wife. Ur the head of the home and women like men that lead without necessarily coming across as overbearing. Communicate with her. Ds is wat u did wrong, y did u do so. Listen to her n map out a game plan for the future.

If u continue ds way, u may end up with a hardened wife and ultimately lose her

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by 5minsmadness: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2016
Your jealous.
It's normal. After all, you are her husband.
But don't read too much meaning into it.

As per the phone. She only said that cos it's been in her thoughts for a while that the phone is actually cheap. If u can, change it. It's not a priority though.

Like stanleyafam said, don't dwell too much on these things else you will grow thin.

P. S. Hope u didnt say those things about infidelity in a wife to her face? It will make her feel sad and disappointed. And she may start trying harder to hide such things from you. For now it seems like she is being quite open about her predicaments with mischevious men. Don't make her start hiding such things.

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by freelance777: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2016
Gloriagee:
My opinion is that you seem to have a pattern of bringing your issues online, which is something I wouldn't be comfortable with, if I were ur wife. Ur the head of the home and women like men that lead without necessarily coming across as overbearing. Communicate with her. Ds is wat u did wrong, y did u do so. Listen to her n map out a game plan for the future.

If u continue ds way, u may end up with a hardened wife and ultimately lose her

Point of correction, tons of issues have occurred, that I never brought here which I had to handle myself. But there are situations where you need insight from meaningful people. Also, didnt you read the part where I said I confronted her? Isnt that communication? I also stated the aftermath of the confrontation which made me ask if I handled the situation well.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by PresVA: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2016
Concerning your questions, yeah many ladies give out their numbers to avoid the guy(s) following you around and pestering you. .. with the intention of blocking or ignoring his calls afterwards hoping the guy gets tired and stops calling etccc....this is for the singles anyway. .

As a married woman, I will sternly tell you that I am not an irresponsible married woman. ... I don't give out my number now no matter how much the pressure is. ...

Then concerning her reply, I don't see anything wrong with that... you should loosen up a bit and stop being too sensitive Op... if I tell my husband something like that, he will laugh and jokingly tell me to give him back his "precious" phone.. or simply tell me to go and buy one that can be stolen na grin grin

You just have to tell your wife to cut whatever communication she has with the man, simple. .. When she fails to do this, then that's when you should get bothered. .. All d best..
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by dulux07(m): 9:22am On Apr 29, 2016
Dont mind her. Y would u give ur number to such guy, its quite obvious she knows what he's after. So Y. There are somethings u avoid, some who cheats didnt plan to cheat, this is how starts, stuff like this gives room 4 it.

Op, just play smart, warn her, she is ur wife. Dont let this bug u, so u dont get depressed. But be curious and inquisitive when u have to.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Gloriagee(f): 9:24am On Apr 29, 2016
U feel it's Ok to come online to say ur wife lacks discipline and fear of the unknown, whatever that means. Do u realise that communication is a 2 way affair and for it to achieve meaningful results, u have to clear ur mind of biases. U've already concluded that she's showing traits of infidelity n then u confront her. In the words of Madonna, U'll only see wat ur eyes want to see....U're frozen when ur heart's not open. Does praying sarcastically that God saves u from young women wife of nowadays stop this incident from repeating itself? Cos all I can see is blame apportionment, nothing like dearie in future pls wen a guy stops u, take dis action or that action

N to be honest, I'm not sure u know what it's like to be a nig female. Sometimes the more u say no, the more they hear yes. So be open minded n pls desist from belittling ur wife in public. Cheers!
freelance777:

Point of correction, tons of issues have occurred, that I never brought here which I had to handle myself. But there are situations where you need insight from meaningful people. Also, didnt you read the part where I said I confronted her? Isnt that communication? I also stated the aftermath of the confrontation which made me ask if I handled the situation well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by freelance777: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2016
PresVA:
Concerning your questions, yeah many ladies give out their numbers to avoid the guy(s) following you around and pestering you. .. with the intention of blocking or ignoring his calls afterwards hoping the guy gets tired and stops calling etccc....this is for the singles anyway. .

As a married woman, I will sternly tell you that I am not an irresponsible married woman. ... I don't give out my number now no matter how much the pressure is. ...

Then concerning her reply, I don't see anything wrong with that... you should loosen up a bit and stop being too sensitive Op... if I tell my husband something like that, he will laugh and jokingly tell me to give him back his "precious" phone.. or simply tell me to go and buy one that can be stolen na grin grin

You just have to tell your wife to cut whatever communication she has with the man, simple. .. When she fails to do this, then that's when you should get bothered. .. All d best..

That, I already told her last year when she told me the man called him, told her to cut ties, and then she still chatting responding to him? That response makes me feel he wants the guy to ask him what type of phone, gives him a description and allow the man to offer to buy a new phone? is that a trait of a good wife? People are here saying i should not put mind there, those people are probably not married, are you going to open your eyes and allow sand to enter it? If the bull is not taken by the horn earlier, one would end up being smashed to the ground. If a woman has decided not to communicate with a particular guy. And then thats the best response she can make use of?
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by freelance777: 9:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Gloriagee:
U feel it's Ok to come online to say ur wife lacks discipline and fear of the unknown, whatever that means. Do u realise that communication is a 2 way affair and for it to achieve meaningful results, u have to clear ur mind of biases. U've already concluded that she's showing traits of infidelity n then u confront her. In the words of Madonna, U'll only see wat ur eyes want to see....U're frozen when ur heart's not open. Does praying sarcastically that God saves u from young women wife of nowadays stop this incident from repeating itself? Cos all I can see is blame apportionment, nothing like dearie in future pls wen a guy stops u, take dis action or that action

N to be honest, I'm not sure u know what it's like to be a nig female. Sometimes the more u say no, the more they hear yes. Once at an African airport, some guy walks up to me and insists he must pay for my purchases. Note, I didn't know him and was more than capable of paying for my goods. He made such a scene, I had to allow him pay n I was thinking, next thing now, babes r gold diggers. Busy flaunting dollars that I no send. Insisted I added his BB pin n generally made a nuisance of himself. Needless to say, I deleted his pin as soon I got to lag. I've taken guys nos to save it as 'don't pick'. So be open minded n pls desist from belittling ur wife in public. Cheers!

You are probably not married, so you lack the core values that enshrines the policies of marriage. You were able to delete his pin, which means no chat or nothing. But here is someone who still opened a chat communication telling a guy that the phone cant be stolen because of what? What does that translate to knowing fully well you implored not to establish any form of communication? Please dont be a feminist here.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by PresVA: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2016
freelance777:
[/b]

That, I already told her last year when she told me the man called him, told her to cut ties, and then she still chatting responding to him? That response makes me feel he wants the guy to ask him what type of phone, gives him a description and allow the man to offer to buy a new phone? is that a trait of a good wife? People are here saying i should not put mind there, those people are probably not married, are you going to open your eyes and allow sand to enter it? If the bull is not taken by the horn earlier, one would end up being smashed to the ground. If a woman has decided not to communicate with a particular guy. And then thats the best response she can make use of?
The guy stopped calling that last year as she said... and it seems the chat in ur op is the only chat they've had..watch her and see if she continues communicating with him...

Also, Just look at all the assumptions you've made from just a single sentence Mehn you're so sensitive and overly serious. ... it's ok to be concerned about your wife's attitude but this your own seems so unhealthy. .mbok

Don't even want to talk about the response you gave your wife, so harsh. . You really need to loosen up...

All the best. ..

7 Likes

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Gloriagee(f): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2016
Ur opinion but I bliv my hussy is in a better position to assess the existence of core values or not

freelance777:

You are probably not married, so you lack the core values that enshrines the policies of marriage.

I thought I read somewhere that on knowing it was the guy, she ignored his calls. Guess, I was mistaken tongue n IMO her letting the guy know that her phone could not be stolen is a subtle way of letting the guy know he was being ignored. I guess in all, our experiences and upbringing shape our perspectives. I truly don't have a problem with ur perspective, tho it differs from mine. I'm just not excited bout the way ure going bout resolving the issue.

freelance777:

But here is someone who still opened a chat communication telling a guy that the phone cant be stolen because of what? What does that translate to knowing fully well you implored not to establish any form of communication? Please dont be a feminist here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by freelance777: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
^^^^^^ Plain nonsense. Words from a chronic single feminist.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by crackhaus: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
freelance777:
^^^^^^ Plain nonsense. Words from a chronic single feminist.
Lol...

Your wife may just like the attention she's getting from the young dude and may have no intention of taking it any further, that's not something you should take a bet on though. grin

The truth is she had no reason whatsoever to give out her number to anyone that may be interested in her romantically or sexually, but then again, the most needy group of Nigerian females tend to be unhappy married women, they're like babies...especially in this our generation.

I'm not saying your wife is unhappy or a baby.. but if after everything she's still responding to this guy's messages, then it seems there's something interesting/exciting she may be lacking with you and searching out. Find out what!

2 Likes

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by Bolade005: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol...

Your wife may just like the attention she's getting from the young dude and may have no intention of taking it any further, that's not something you should take a bet on though. grin

The truth is she had no reason whatsoever to give out her number to anyone that may be interested in her romantically or sexually, but then again, the most needy group of Nigerian females tend to be unhappy married women, they're like babies...especially in this our generation.

I'm not saying your wife is unhappy or a baby.. but if after everything she's still responding to this guy's messages, then it seems there's something interesting/exciting she may be lacking with you and searching out. Find out what!
Exactly what I had in mind but let me just add one thing, OP pls loosen up a bit and learn to trust your wife.

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by crackhaus: 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bolade005:

Exactly what I had in mind but let me just add one thing, OP pls loosen up a bit and learn to trust your wife.
Yea trust her using your brain though, not with your heart... grin

2 Likes

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by keepingmum: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2016
Thank God I am not married to this very insecure paranoid op of a man. I can only imagine how unhappily married ur wife is.

I won't waste my time advising op cause he seems to attack everyone who tried to advise him about having an open mind/seeing things from the other person's view and an overview perspective.

If you want to know more read his previous topic and I think his wife also commented on that topic

This is the same man that refused sleeping with his wife because he says her veejayjay is wide after birthing his OWN kids....

Nairalanders pls search #treese for his wife's username and see the type of psychopathic beast this "prince charming" is to his wife

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by eyinjuege: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
freelance777:

You are probably not married, so you lack the core values that enshrines the policies of marriage. You were able to delete his pin, which means no chat or nothing. But here is someone who still opened a chat communication telling a guy that the phone cant be stolen because of what? What does that translate to knowing fully well you implored not to establish any form of communication? Please dont be a feminist here.

I think what is paining you in this whole matter is the fact that your wife calls the phone you gave her cheap. Her response that no one can steal this phone is actually funny to me. Lighten up. She made a joke, and it's not because she wants the guy calling her to offer to buy her a new phone.

Since you're not comfortable with the man communicating with your wife, you can only ask her or remind her never to reply his messages or receive his calls again.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by kevoh(m): 7:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Call the guy with your wife's phone number, give him a stern warning not to call or whatsapp your wife again and then make your wife delete the number in front of you. If after then there is still communication, any form at all, you would already know the next step to take.

Meanwhile be ready to do the same thing for your wife when a female begins to stalk you.
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:41am On Apr 30, 2016
keepingmum:
Thank God I am not married to this very insecure paranoid op of a man. I can only imagine how unhappily married ur wife is.

I won't waste my time advising op cause he seems to attack everyone who tried to advise him about having an open mind/seeing things from the other person's view and an overview perspective.

If you want to know more read his previous topic and I think his wife also commented on that topic

This is the same man that refused sleeping with his wife because he says her veejayjay is wide after birthing his OWN kids....

Nairalanders pls search #treese for his wife's username and see the type of psychopathic beast this "prince charming" is to his wife

Seriously?

Lemme go dig up her posts so we can see what sort of person we're dealing with on here.

https://www.nairaland.com/treese/topics
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:43am On Apr 30, 2016
treese:
Every woman loves a romantic guy, show me a woman who puts her husband's dp up ALL the time I would show u a woman is married to a man that makes her smile all the time. My husband isn't the romantic kind of guy but I don't think that's very true: Cos I rem 2yrs back he had flowers delivered to me far away in the United states and he was in naija. How he did I don't know, but it felt like a proposal, cos I didn't experience d "go on ur kneels will u marry me ish with him". I did a survey with my married friends on fb,instagram, and bb. And I see d way wives are bin celebrated by their husbands... so I ask myself, am I doing something wrong as a wife, or is my husband not just a happy man. I tried to talk with him. Cos he doesn't like to communicate much with me it didn't do much impact. I tried to develop sending romantic messgaes to him. It didn't work. I rem few days back, I sent him a message, I quote "is it okay to be crazy in love with you" and his response "lol, as long as u tread with care and caution cos someone like me if u love me to much it will make me care less and love you less... Till date that response is still my most embarrassing textmessage from him, when am not a girlfriend. I was thinking and planning we change environment, probably go out without d kids. But I know who am married to d I dea might even irritate him.
I can't touch his phones without his permission; he can strangle my neck for that reason. And if u ask him he says because I vowed never to touch his phone again he is saving my life from bin destroyed. Lmao.
I don't think he is happy, when he is angry with or we arguing over an issue u hear him say things like I should not av taken d child from u when u claimed u were pregnant: yes I got pregnant out of wedlock but I didn't force him to. So why so much hate...
I see d love in vogue and I ask myself where I av gone wrong that young couples like us av such boring marriage.
I have my weakness, I do in fact I av a lot, but if there is sincere love it can fix it in my opinion. I don't think it's about my weakness. I think there is more. I don't think there is any one else either...
When am down he doesn't notice, if I av something on my mind and I try to wear d mood.. am on my own. I understand he is so engrossed with work but still. Dear hubby only u know wat goes on in ur mind. Would av preferred better options. I have seen u defend ur mum on matters BTW us and I don't think u can ever defend me like that. I have seen u care for some of ur female friends nd Dat treatment is far from us. I one day asked my hubby y he doesn't check me out nd tell me wen I look good nd i recieve the comments from differebt men outside, he said it's normal. He said men admire other women nd might not admire their own wives. So much to say, this is just very little of how I feel.
We had an argument yesterday dat involved me mentioning my mum law before I knew it he reported me to my sister in law telling her everything I said. Till now I haven't recovered from d textmessage she sent. He reallt made me miss my late mum. I know I shouldn't av probably talked about his mum. But I tot couples av each other's back.
We av two lovely kids from this marriage. But if he doesn't love me anymore, maybe he never did.. i rem him telling me on our wedding day that i musnt give him problems oo, he said ot like twice and i rem telling him not to worry all will be well. But do men say that on their their wife on their weddind day? is it adviceable to continue, I don't encourage divorce but wat if it will mk him happy. I can't tell.. I love him very much but he doesn't love me Like I do nd he doesn't want me to push it, it irritates him like he said, And I don't want to force it.I want him to be happy, I can't ask him cos he doesn't like communicating with me, it doesn't always go down fine majority of the time. He doesn't believe in marriage counselor or shrink........ so!! "Very confused state of mind"

https://www.nairaland.com/2362536/letter-worried-wife-hubby

@OP: Is this true?
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2016
treese:
Though he usually says he doesn't care about my self esteem but I don't think this has to do with self esteem alone. I think there is more. While we were dating we spoke about my sex life and body nature. It's not like I had too many relationships but I just knew men say my vaginal is kind of lax. Even wen I lost my virginity the guy called me a blunt liar to my face, saying I claimed to be a virgin when I wasn't.

You didn't bleed and getting in wasn't so hard. That is one ruined relationship that would have been awesome. And probably the last man standing. If you be virgin, you go know, if you not, you will know and I KNEW then that I was.

Now my husband knew this about my body and decides to stick with it. Somehow someway which I don't know after my first child, vaginal got tight, second child too same happened. To a certain extent it helped our sex life because it made him love it. And I could tell it's one of the reasons he probably hasn't cheated..

Just 2 days back. We had a little misunderstanding then I mentioned something about sèx. Quote me if am wrong. Sex is meant for bonding between a man and a woman and that's why God instituted it in marriage alone. So you both can get closer, and in my own opinion when there are issues BTW them the power of sex is to make forgiveness easy. The next thing my husband said is. It's not like am enjoying the sex. It's now feels like been in a pool.

OMG I was HURT. I lost the essence of life immediately, lost the essence of marriage. Out of anger I told him only men with big dicks should complain, men with pencils dares nor. That was my only defence because he said it with soooooo much heartlessness. I cried...i cried so much. This man that I have back sex with so that our sex life would be whole. Sometimes I bleed. Then I said to myself it's not worth it. Then I realised, For him if anything goes wrong with me due to that sexual style, Am on my own. Few hours later I sent him a text that I was sorry for everything not because it was easy but two wrongs never ever make a right in marriage. Can't walk away with two kids can only make it work.

Following day wen I saw he was in a good mood. I decided to ask, then he said I was lax and it has made sex unenjoyable. I wondered y he didn't tell me immediately he noticed and why he had to throw it to my face. But what, it's a man's world. If they don't reap their mean ways here on earth. It waits in heaven.

But trust me since then I have been concerned,Google all I could, nothing much. Even the kegel exercise has always been my practice. I now feel this time he might just look outside wen sex gets all pool like. He said he will buy toys, he said he can't pretend to love it wen he doesn't. Which I agree with. But even the toys can it ever be Like d real things. Sometimes he might want to feel the woman and not want toys. What happens next? I can't encourage him to cheat cos if he does and I find out I would leave with my kids. But I don't want him to. Am confused. So so confused. You know wen a man is concerned he will probably do research with you, find out info call doctors, but he didn't, he just broke the news to me and he's like do something about it or I might not be making out with u again. It's really not fair. Cos some men might possibly not go about it that way. But at the same time, it's like that's his nature. I can only Leave with it or take a walk. But take a walk to where, becos am now lax? But I also hear sex in marriage is KEY, with two kids, and I love him, but thatz still not the point. I DON'T know. Please who does? I have smiling all over the house, acting like everything is fine once am alone i cry again, because the fear is, would there ever be a solution , would I still be tight again, and this is a marriage where sex is sometimes 1 in 2 or 3 weeks, so definitely that's not the reason for my laxity, i will be sad if my marriage gets ruined because am lax. I hope my husband reads this thank God he is a nairalander
cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2444832/husband-said-he-no-longer

And is this true also?

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:48am On Apr 30, 2016
treese:
So my hubby likes me cleaning his ears and doing his pedicures and manicure. Am totally totally cool with it. I didn't use to understand why I av to clean his ears tho. But I got to understand he likes me doing it. So why not. I rem a aunty of mine telling me that whatever u don't want with ur husband don't start it. She said it's not like shez discouraging me from doing all those. But one day it will cause a big fight that will confuse you. My be she was damn right. As I speak now my hubby has refused to eat or talk to me cause yesterday he asked me to clean his easy and I told him to say please and stop asking me like he put jazz in his mouth. So I went into the kitchen to make my hungry son's food and fed him; after feeding my son I took the cotton buds and asked to clean the ears and he bluntly refused; That was I knew fight don start. First can some wives share their own experiences with me on the Wierd stuffs we do for love and how you handle it. Cos it's unfair if he gets upset with me wen I refuse to do these stuffs. We have argued several times over this ish and he tells me to go and ask my formed and I will be shocked to hear a lot of wired stiffs women to for their men. So let's here ur ladies. Share your Wierd stuffs.

https://www.nairaland.com/2991904/wives-kindly-share-weird-stuffs

Or this?

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:51am On Apr 30, 2016
treese:
My topic might not be new. But my experience and what I have come to learn in this journey of marriage is new. So maybe I just began to agree with that saying "no man is worth the stress". I have come to learn the HARD way. My hubby made me learn the not so nice way that he isn't worth the stress; may months back i used to cry,complain,check his phones like every night, bother my head to get his password. And you know what I suffered more. Cos whenever i eventually find what u looking for, my dear i never get the answer I thought I should get. Words like "baby don't worry your little head about anything cause I will never cheat on you" even tho I know they ain't true. But rather I get abused, shouted at for not minding my business, and even sometimes I just find out the tables are turned around and am the one begging for what I don't know. Sometimes while crying 8 just LOL cause it's just a funny world.
I realised that it's not like he doesn't care. But no man can help having external woman around, no matter what u do to take care of them. They just can't do without it. Also he doesn't want me to ask questions about it instead just move on like nothing happened; thatz man's definition of just give me peace. I tried to do it my way several times but It never paid off.
Now I have drank the I don't care pills. I may not be there yet but am working and grooming myself to the point where even I find him on top of another woman I would just smile, walk into my kitchen and prepare food for my children. That brings me to the children part in this circle of marriage. They are all have got. There is none that loves me more than my toddlers. Cause they are the only ones that run to gt me tissue when they se tears rolling down my eyes. Only them know wen am in pains. Only them follow me where ever I go. Only them ask me mummy how are you. Note. Its not like hubby doesn't love; but here is his definition of love. I put food on your table, I pay all the bills, I take care of you and the kids, you never lack... that should. And you know what I pray to God to bless him for me everyday.
Am glad am getting better in this institution and my garden are getting better, from my cooking, to my use of patience, to my reduction of anger, and some others in can't mention.
But you know the shocking thing. I didn't pray about any. I only worked on it. Neither do I pray for my hubby never to cheat on me, nah, I rather pray for my toddlers to prosper, and remember the pain we went thru to bring them to the world and give them the best.
Or is there any need to pray for our men not cheat? Am I being selfish? I think I woyld rather work hard, have a fat bank account, so I can always give my kids the best in life. So dear wife worry not about them hubby. Your happiness is paramount, is he already cheating on you and you can't take it anymore. Then step out from the ever crying zone, gt urself a happy zone, mk urself happy, but keep praying for him to be saved. If u r happy u can pray, if u are sad have u observed you can't pray. So first get your happiness then u pray for him to be fine wherever he is.
Now my hubby don't respond to my messages, but I keep sending them. Reminding him I will always love him. 2days ago I bought him a small card of just 500naira but the words in it where true. May God bless us good and trying wife's and give us grace cause thatz all we need.

https://www.nairaland.com/2893855/letter-worried-woman-no-man

This too?
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2016
freelance777:

Because you gave her a "brick" phone. You know, the sort of phone you'll even have to bribe and beg thieves to steal.

Anyway, what are you waiting for? Why haven't you divorced her yet?

Edwife: your input is needed here. Come help @OP castigate his scarlet wife. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by PresVA: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2016
^^^^ Hahahahahhahah... grin grin grin grin grin angry

Won't be surprised if the op cheats on his wife because most cheats are always so suspicious of their partners..

I hope things get better in their marriage shaaa.. they should just settle outside nl..
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by edwife(f): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Because you gave her a "brick" phone. You know, the sort of phone you'll even have to bribe and beg thieves to steal.

Anyway, what are you waiting for? Why haven't you divorced her yet?

Edwife: your input is needed here. Come help @OP castigate his scarlet wife. cheesy

I missed you too.
Nah, I don’t help people castigate their spouses. I only state facts and say what many people don’t say because they refuse to acknowledge their own part in whatever situation they find themselves in.

You go to the market to buy a mirror, the vendor tells you that the mirror has a scratch that is why he is selling it with that price. You obviously see the scratch and you agree to buy it; You loved it,put it right in the middle of your sitting. Friends and family came to visit, some didn't fail to show their dismay and some criticized it while some liked it. In order to please everyone and make yourself feel good, you went ahead patching it using glue which didn't change people’s opinion, it was worse. You then went back to the vendor and accused him of selling you a “broken” mirror and blame him for the present look.

They guy had two options: He could have ignore people’s opinion and focus on why he bought it in the first place or he could have cover that place with garments like flowers, put it where there is lightning so that people will focus on the beauty of the mirror with those embellishments than the scratch.

People should learn to accept responsibilities for their actions and stop with the blame game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

I missed you too.
Nah, I don’t help people castigate their spouses. I only state facts and say what many people don’t say because they refuse to acknowledge their own part in whatever situation they find themselves in.

You go to the market to buy a mirror, the vendor tells you that the mirror has a scratch that is why he is selling it with that price. You obviously see the scratch and you agree to buy it; You loved it,put it right in the middle of your sitting. Friends and family came to visit, some didn't fail to show their dismay and some criticized it while some liked it. In order to please everyone and make yourself feel good, you went ahead patching it using glue which didn't change people’s opinion, it was worse. You then went back to the vendor and accused him of selling you a “broken” mirror and blame him for the present look.

They guy had two options: He could have ignore people’s opinion and focus on why he bought it in the first place or he could have cover that place with garments like flowers, put it where there is lightning so that people will focus on the beauty of the mirror with those embellishments than the scratch.

People should learn to accept responsibilities for their actions and stop with the blame game.

Yes, yes, but what's your advice to @op? Me, I've told him to divorce his "unfaithful, ungrateful" wife. What's yours?
Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by edwife(f): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Yes, yes, but what's your advice to @op? Me, I've told him to divorce his "unfaithful, ungrateful" wife. What's yours?

My advice was in my message, they both fit each other.

1 Like

Re: Did I Handle The Situation Well Or Could I Have Done More? by EfemenaXY: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
edwife:

My advice was in my message, they both fit each other.

grin grin

Meaning?

She knew the mirror was faulty, yet went ahead to purchase it? C'mon - have a heart lady.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Father To Kiss His Daughter Like This? / Update On The Scam Alert By Mr David Peter Oloche / Woman Gives Birth After Being Pregnant For Just 3days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.