Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) (37978 Views)

Lagos Inaugurates Ibile Oil And Gas Corporation (IOGC), State Oil Company / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by femi4: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
juman:

Water is different.

Much more easy to do.

How come we have wells and boreholes everywhere
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Smooth278(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
I've lived in two different areas of ife and there has never been any water Corp supply. .. maybe it's only in that your area as I'm sure no one on my street is getting any supply... meanwhile pics of the pipes coming from outside the house will help show the truth...
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by femi4: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
janellemonae:

Waterboard is dead in lagos but is alive in some other states. Never seen waterboard working all my life living in lagos. They've built illegal houses and foundations all over the place and busted all the pipes. That ship has sailed & capsized, i dont think it can ever be salvaged, they'll just continue digging boreholes.

Waterboard died in Lagos around 1999/2000
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by juman(m): 7:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
femi4:
How come we have wells and boreholes everywhere

We have wells and boreholes everywhere because the military ruled and ruined the country.

I can remember, there was regular water supply (tap water) even in early 80s.

But the country became destroyed more and more as the number of years the military ruled the country increased more and more.
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Btruth: 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
......and you call that thing water? that's coming out of the tap like when small boy they wee?

Abeg, the water pressure you be increased, and water chilled too. cheesy

Anyway, den don try, more grease to their elbow ooooo.
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Olurote(m): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
HighIQ:
See What We Now Enjoy In Ile-ife (photo)

This is what we need in this country! I really want to use this medium to commend the Osun State Water cooperation (Ile-Ife axis) for the regular
and almost constant water supply that has
greatly improved since the beginning of this year
unlike previous years where it was very scarce.
Now in my house today, we students off campus fetch and fetch water and also store in storex tanks. Infact there was a time when there was no interrupted water for almost a month. In Ile-Ife presently , you don't need to dig bore-hole or well because it can end up been useless like thewell in my house currently. Now I see one area where Osun state is better than my state (Ogun) as at today. More power to your elbow.Keep on pumping that water! I hope this is not a temporal development. Fp to let others state government learn from this.
this is the house i stayed in my undergrad days and i can confirm OP isnt lying. Asherifa est.
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by femi4: 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
juman:

We have wells and boreholes everywhere because the military ruled and ruined the country.

I can remember, there was regular water supply (tap water) even in early 80s.

But the country became destroyed more and more as the number of years the military ruled the country increased more and more.
In the 80s, we were under the Military regime, and had regular water supply.

From 1999-till date is more than enough time for us to fix whatever problem we have with Nigeria water cooperation
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by juman(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
femi4:
In the 80s, we were under the Military regime, and had regular water supply

Yeah, but as the years the military ruled the country increased the water supply stopped.

nigeria became destroyed.
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Kay25(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
Its not new that your area enjoys water backdays when I was in ife they do enjoy water supply maybe because of opa dam but until u see water flowing very well in lagere or mayfair side I think the you saying you are enjoying water supply in ife is limited only to ur Side
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by RichieAngels(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
come to sapele and see water in excess... Both swamp, bore hole, river
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Ghost447(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
HighIQ:
since I have posted this no other person from other parts of Nigeria has said they enjoy the same thing as we enjoy here. hmmm. which way Nigeria.
Because water is not a problem to those who live in good houses. Water is running all through my apartment, kitchen, bathroom, dinning room etc. it's not a big deal actually, perhaps you have not been experiencing it before now that's why you're so impressed.
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by nathdim: 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
Do you know submersible borehole pump is one of the fastest selling commodity in Nigeria I was in Coker lagos last week when an igbo man sold 8 containers of pump in one day
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by chinchum(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
ventura:
Pls don't be offended OP, my intention is not to disrespect you because we all learn new things everyday. Pls note:
Corporation not cooperation
Portable not potable
Temporary not Temporal.
potable is the correct word not portable. Take note also.

1 Like

Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Lawcurrent(m): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
noted
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Chubbiehills(f): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
HighIQ:
See What We Now Enjoy In Ile-ife (photo)

This is what we need in this country! I really want to use this medium to commend the Osun State Water cooperation (Ile-Ife axis) for the regular
and almost constant water supply that has
greatly improved since the beginning of this year
unlike previous years where it was very scarce.
Now in my house today, we students off campus fetch and fetch water and also store in storex tanks. Infact there was a time when there was no interrupted water for almost a month. In Ile-Ife presently , you don't need to dig bore-hole or well because it can end up been useless like thewell in my house currently. Now I see one area where Osun state is better than my state (Ogun) as at today. More power to your elbow.Keep on pumping that water! I hope this is not a temporal development. Fp to let others state government learn from this.
pls in Ogun state, on my street, we enjoy pipe borne water monday to sunday, excluding friday afternoon.. Am sorry maybe your community never pays!
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by forap(m): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Memories... lived the first four years of my life in Ile-Ife/Modaikeke, as far as I could remember, there was constant water supply back then cry
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by daftpikin: 2:27am On Apr 30, 2016
HtwoOw:
Unlike some people , Some people always appreciate a good effort when they see it

granted it's a basic human /civil right to have constant water supply

but people who didn't have such supply for the past 6 years when a Doctor was there

Really appreciate the certificateless Fulani man for giving / helping them with what others haven't thought of

Eyah!!! Sorry ehn cry
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by Sleekshady(f): 7:54am On Apr 30, 2016
I wonder if it's the same Ile Ife that I am right now.
coolbreeze44:
Is it the same Ile Ife that I live in?
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by daphil: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2016
ayindejimmy:

That ur Owerri must be very local since you can't differentiate between pipe borne water and bore hole water.
This water is treated water from the water coperation!
'Potable' not 'portable'.
For this, the Op was right!
Re: Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) by INTERMAN: 1:47pm On May 01, 2016
Niceone. May God heal this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Can’t Descend Into The Gutter With You, Saraki Replies APC / Saraki Has No Right To Circulate My Song Without Approval, Says K1 De Ultimate / Benue North West: Governor Ortom Loses Senate Bid To APC's Zam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.