Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here (12185 Views)

Seeking A Nigerian Used 1999 To 2003 Audi A6 Sedan For My Cousin / How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL / Infiniti G35 2003-2006 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 7:40pm On May 23, 2016
nissparts:

I went for scanning, the mechanic got two code Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 and 2. He erased the error code and said no need to change the sensors. I drove for less than 3kilometer and my idle went hail wire. How do I get this fixed?
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2016
What code(s) do you have now, specifically?
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello House, It been really quiet some days now. I guess everyone is enjoying the Qx4.
I need to know the price of the Power Steering Pump.- hope to fix mine this weekend.
I also intend purchasing Auyop OBDII scanner, wondering if it is compatible with the 2001 Qx4
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Autopartz: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
For information on the price of the Power Steering Pump you can contact suppliers directly by visiting the website:

www.autopartz.com (main site) and take the following steps:

Select Infinity(Make); Qx4(Model) and then 2001(Year)

Subsequently, visit the Steering section under the 'browse category' column and click on Power Steering Pump

All the suppliers of Power Steering Pump for Infinity Qx4 2001 registered with us would be displayed.

You can then click on the contact information of any of the suppliers of your choice to get the price.

Please share your experience with us.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Purchased a Car Scanner.
Scanned Vehicle today.....
Got these codes :
P1110
P1130
P1135
P0455
P1448
P0140

Am I dead ??
Please house
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
promexy:
Purchased a Car Scanner.
Got these codes :
P1110
P1130
P1135
P0455
P1448
P0140

Am I dead ??
Please house

No you are not, they are all fixable. Google these codes one after the other, you will find answers to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2016
promexy:
Purchased a Car Scanner.
Got these codes :
P1110
P1130
P1135
P0455
P1448
P0140

Am I dead ??
Please house

Erase codes, drive for a day, scan again.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
nissparts:

Erase codes, drive for a day, scan again.

After erasing and battling with, and resolving a surprise AIR FLOW problem, these are the codes left

P1130
P1110 - PENDING
P1130 - PENDING
P1135 - PENDING
P0140 - PENDING
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2016
Change the sensors
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
How much can I get rear ABS signal circuit for Infiniti QX4 2002?

nissparts
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
Anyone experiencing "Rattle Sound" from your engine when you accelerate; especially when climbing a hill or sort of? Holla at me, I've got a simple fix for you.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
Itulah:
Anyone experiencing "Rattle Sound" from your engine when you accelerate; especially when climbing a hill or sort of? Holla at me, I've got a simple fix for you.
Oga, abeg I am all ears. Rescue a brother.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by promexy: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
nissparts:
Change the sensors
Went to the biggest spare parts market in Benin, Couldn't get anyone that had a clue on what those sensors are. Do those sensors have "Street names" that local dealers would understand ?? Its baffling.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 3:26am On Jul 01, 2016
promexy:

Oga, abeg I am all ears. Rescue a brother.

QX4 are designed to run on Unleaded Gasoline only, which as you know aren't available in our dear country Nigeria. To substitute this therefore, it is required of you to procure fuel injector cleaner or fuel treatment, whatever name they call it. There are varieties of them out there from N400-N600, Abro or any other brand works like magic. Buy and pour in your gasoline tank when you refill half or full tank.

Please come back here and share with us your success story. Good luck.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2016
General information:

Do I need a high-mileage oil?

High-mileage oils generally contain higher detergency and anti-wear components in their additive packages, and additional seal conditioners to help slow or stop smaller leaks. If you have a small oil leak or are experiencing oil consumption, give it a try. There is also no harm in running high-mileage oil even on a new engine, or one without leaks.

What's API SM, SN, SL, etc?

API stands for American Petroleum Institute

API sets minimum specifications for engine oil; the current specifications is API SN. Always ensure that oil you purchase has the API certification label on the back with the current spec. The API donuts looks like this image below.
[img]http://www.widman.biz/images_boletin/91-5w30_donut.gif[/img]

How long can I go before changing my oil?
It ultimately depends on your driving style.
If you primarily make short trips and rarely get the oil up to operating temperature (which generally takes around 20 minutes of driving), it's better to change the oil at a shorter interval such as 3,750 miles (which is the severe service interval for our Pathfinders and QX4s) using conventional oil. If you can, try to drive on the highway for half an hour each week to boil off moisture in the oil.

If most of your trips allow the oil to reach operating temperature or drive mostly on the highway, you can safely extend your oil change interval to 5,000 miles if you're using conventional oil, or 7,500 with synthetic (or longer if you decide to get a used oil analysis to evaluate the condition of the oil). Allowing the oil to reach operating temperature and stay there for a while will boil off excess moisture in the oil. Highway driving is easy for an engine oil and driveline lubricants, and allow the change intervals to be lengthened.

Should I use synthetic oil?
Once again, that depends on your driving style primarily, and secondly the additional cost of synthetic oil. Those who make short trips are not good candidates for using synthetic oil and extended drains because the oil is rarely allowed to reach operating temperature. Synthetic oil has the benefit of better cold weather performance.

In my opinion, today's conventional oils are blurring the line between conventional and synthetic oils. There is no need to run synthetic oil if you do not perform extended drain intervals.

Does synthetic oil lower oil temperatures?
The thermostat controls the engine temperature, so the general oil temperatures will remain the same. However, there are other "hot spot" areas in an engine where synthetic oil may lower temperatures, so oil temperatures may drop by a small amount, but it will never drop below the temperature that the thermostat opens.

Do I need thicker oil in hot weather?
As said in the previous statement, the thermostat controls engine temperature, so using thicker oil in extremely hot weather will not make a difference, unless perhaps your cooling system is not working properly. One can use 0W-30 all year round if desired without issue.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Itulah:

QX4 are designed to run on Unleaded Gasoline only, which as you know aren't available in our dear country Nigeria. To substitute this therefore, it is required of you to procure fuel injector cleaner or fuel treatment, whatever name they call it. There are varieties of them out there from N400-N600, Abro or any other brand works like magic. Buy and pour in your gasoline tank when you refill half or full tank.

Please come back here and share with us your success story. Good luck.

Its meant to run on gasoline and it doesn't mean you should add snake oil or some random additives that will ultimately destroy silicon/rubber sealants, block injector nozzles and create unnecessary problems.

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
kingreign:

Its meant to run on gasoline and it doesn't mean you should add snake oil or some random additives that will ultimately destroy silicon/rubber sealants, block injector nozzles and create unnecessary problems.

Differentiate between Gasoline and Diesel It appears you are mistaking Gasoline to be Diesel

Let me help you with definition

Gasoline /ˈɡæsəliːn/, also known as petrol /ˈpɛtrəl/ outside North America, is a transparent, petroleum-derived liquid that is used primarily as a fuel in internal combustion engines. It consists mostly of organic compounds obtained by the fractional distillation of petroleum, enhanced with a variety of additives.

*NB: The fuel injector cleaner eliminated the Rattle Noise from my engine, hence my recommendation.
If you`v ever observed, countries where Unleaded Fuel are found in all Refilling Stations has no use for Fuel Injector cleaner, carefully look at their automobile shops you won`t find one cause they have zero used for them. Here we are in our dear country where you can not even tell if what you are buying in some Refilling Station is engine oil or fuel. A black man can do anything to make triple gain. I`ve been a victim of one with my Honda Accord and I must say, it wasn`t a funny experience knowing you paid for full tank and you were given 30% OIL and 70% Fuel, my injectors paid ultimate price for that silly mistake I made.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Itulah:

Differentiate between Gasoline and Diesel It appears you are mistaking Gasoline to be Diesel

He's not.
Nissan engines don't handle additives well.
Expect misfires in the near future if you keep using injector cleaners
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Itulah:

Gasoline /ˈɡæsəliːn/, also known as petrol /ˈpɛtrəl/ outside North America, is a transparent, petroleum-derived liquid that is used primarily as a fuel in internal combustion engines. It consists mostly of organic compounds obtained by the fractional distillation of petroleum, enhanced with a variety of additives.

*NB: The fuel injector cleaner eliminated the Rattle Noise from my engine, hence my recommendation.
If you`v ever observed, countries where Unleaded Fuel are found in all Refilling Stations has no use for Fuel Injector cleaner, carefully look at their automobile shops you won`t find one cause they have zero used for them. Here we are in our dear country where you can not even tell if what you are buying in some Refilling Station is engine oil or fuel. A black man can do anything to make triple gain. I`ve been a victim of one with my Honda Accord and I must say, it wasn`t a funny experience knowing you paid for full tank and you were given 30% OIL and 70% Fuel, my injectors paid ultimate price for that silly mistake I made.

Calm down dude! If anything, i owned same truck for a year and NO issue came up I sold it and gave the elderly man guide on how to maintain it, 3 weeks ago, he came to do oil change. Truck is still in same state as I sold it to him. The only things he had changed were brakes, oils, tyre and MAP sensor.
Besides, I'm educated enough to differentiate between American and British English. Gasoline is American English for Petrol.

Well, keep using injector cleaners and 20W50 cos 'its hot in Nigeria' and I'm wishing you great luck with the truck!

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Itulah:

The correct way to go about this is to remove the injectors and service/clean them quarterly.
If you use injector cleaners, you'll suffer the repercussions.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
nissparts:

The correct way to go about this is to remove the injectors and service/clean them quarterly.

If he had tried using injection cleaners, we may soon brace up stories of 'how to solve P0171, P0174 amongst others.'
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
kingreign:

If he had tried using injection cleaners, we may soon brace up stories of 'how to solve P0171, P0174 amongst others.'

nissparts:

You guys can take a look at your leisure
http://forums.nicoclub.com/poll-on-fuel-injector-system-cleaner-used-by-members-t478730.html

And why it is very necessary is here: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/should-i-use-fuel-injector-cleaner-.html
I will urge you to patiently read. Thanks
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by kingreign(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
Itulah:

You guys can take a look at your leisure
http://forums.nicoclub.com/poll-on-fuel-injector-system-cleaner-used-by-members-t478730.html

Your car, your choice. But don't advice others to follow such ills.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
kingreign:

Your car, your choice. But don't advice others to follow such ills.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/04/should-i-use-fuel-injector-cleaner-.html
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by nissparts(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Your responses are amusing me.
Experience they say, is the best teacher.
Enjoy.
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
OP, thanks for this thread.
I`ve been using my able 2002 4x4 QX4 for the past 4yrs+ and I must agree with so many of you that it is a well thought out design, most reliable and dependable SUV. For these period, I not had any problem with mine other than tyre change, oil and other minor servicing.

One picture drew my attention on this thread, that is the bottle of Injector cleaner, very bright picture lol grin. However, I have read all the arguments counter argument related to weather it is ok to use or not to use. Haven had this ride for this long, I can vividly say that it is not a bad idea to use ''Injector'' cleaner for this SUV. Infiniti or Nissan may warned against it uses or sort of other addictive, in one of my owners manuals, Infiniti stated ''IT MAY CONTAIN active solvent or similar ingredients''; underline the word ''may''. Now what if it doesn`t? They also went further to advice that heavy knocking spark sound will lead incorrect ignition timing and that will disorient and damage your engine if the right fuel is not use for this vehicle of which one of you rightly pointed out the unavailability of the Unleaded gasoline in Nigeria. The only alternative solution that I see is the use of injector cleaner not on every full gasoline tank or have tank purchased as one of you (@itulah) also said but at least one bottle every 2 months is ok.
This is how I have been using my vehicle and have not had any issues.
@kingreign you only used yours for one year or less and sold it, while @nisspart that recommend every 6months injector service sells vehicle parts and may not be driving this particular brand. I am not sure you know the trouble involves in removing manifolds throttle body and other delicate parts to get to the injector, anything can happen on the process and you will end up spending more money you do not have. I am not saying you guys are totally wrong, but it will be wise allow a professional mechanic or more experience individual that owns and use this SUV on daily basis advice more.

I am only passing by...

3 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=reserved1 post=48087558][/quote]

Thanks for your response. Am enjoy the use of the bottle too. Like you highlighted, what if it does not have the addictive substances Infiniti warned about. This was exactly what I was trying to point out earlier, but those car gurus said no.

More luck with your ride bro am loving mine daily.

1 Like

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by diportivo: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Una nor sabi the average octane rating of the fuel wey una dey buy...una dey dump injector cleaner put inside

Why clean ur injectors when the car is running fine

Oh,trying to forestall unforeseen circumstances innit? grin

20w50 + injector cleaner = typical naija ride

I don't own a QX4....so I'm just passing by

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by Itulah(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=15pt]How To Configure Nissan Infiniti QX4 2001-2004 FOG Light To DRL [/size]

The schematic diagram illustrate this simple procedure and if you understand it, you may not need to read through.

Items required: Flat screw driver, 10/11 wrench/spanner, a cutter, a shot piece of wire and insulating tap.
Since the ignition is in OFF position, there will be no need removing the battery head.

Keyword: Tapping the Positive (+)[/font] supply to FOG Relay Pin 1 from RR DEF Pin 1 Positive (+)

Before we begin, please note the following:
a) I will not be lecturing about how you gonna find the relay box under the hood or popping it open and so on, that is elementary.
b) You are not buying additional relay(s) for this simple modification as the OEM relay will work it perfectly.
c) The default FOG Light will also control the switching ON and OFF after this MOD, so you can put it OFF at will.
d) All lighting and switching operations are intact. ( Refer to attached pictures)
e) Ignore the rest, our focus is the positive+ power source to the relay only.

Now lets begin, shall we!!

Procedures
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169231_capture1_jpegb1ff00360a9015ca7795717777a84460
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169232_capture2_jpeg72528766582dfff47d3117d82567eba3

1) Open the Relay box cover, unplug both the FR FOG Relay and RR DEF Relay from it socket.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169233_capture2_0_jpeg4e6c86f7c642650aa8d0505f61030152

2) Identify FOG relay power input usually PIN 1 and 2, (See schematic)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169234_capture8_jpegcdd8dd9585897855c93d6b85fa829ab7
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169233_capture2_0_jpeg4e6c86f7c642650aa8d0505f61030152
Pin 1 contact point is Positive (+), while Pin 2 contact point Negative (-) Ground. ( I used a Multi tester to confirm this and I discovered that Pin 2 is Ground (Negative (-).

*Use 10/11 Wrench/spanner to disengage the box from the chassis so you can have access to wiring underneath.

3) Under the Relay box, find FR FOG Relay wiring, identify the wire connecting pin 1 and 2. (These are the + and - supply to FOG Relay)

*You may have to open the bunch insulator a little to review the wiring.

4) Ignore Contact 2 pin 2 wire and CUT Pin 1 wire with some allowances, attached a small piece of wire to the Pin 1 wiring

5) Locate the RR DEF Relay Pin 1 wiring (see pic 3) this is the Positive (+) terminal to the Rear Window Defroster and it has power when the ignition is ON.

6) Slice it and attache the small piece of wiring from PIN 1 FOG to it.

7) Replace the relays to their default position and you are done.

Results:
DRL Day time
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169250_capture4_1_jpegcb9339ab22a0ef045ebc35f431ad731b

FOG Online
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169251_capture4_jpegd31796f37d67fed9324bf04b60e46a69

Low Beam
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169252_capture6_jpeg6b531a01d3a2df9783da4680589f9038

High Beam
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4169253_capture7_jpeg713dcdbe939229d5658be996377f56b8

Everything work as default, you only have your daylight running as an added advantage

2 Likes

Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by chukel(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Itulah:

Everything you need is in this pic below.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3728537_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd
that pic is definitely not for VQ35DE engine. The engine oil capacity is too low for that engine. In fact my manual says otherwise. That manual may be for VQ33DE
Re: Infiniti QX4 2001 To 2003 Owners And Prospective Owners Let`s Talk Here by benswagtt(m): 4:54pm On May 05, 2020
emy77:
I presently use this car...2001 model. I must say it's a very dependable, reliable and comfortable car. It's very rugged. Had a bad transmission, managed it without changing it for 2 years of everyday use before I finally changed it. Even traveled long distance severally with it in that state.

As per the fuel economy, mine was a bad guzzler until I changed all my spark plugs. Now its born anew. I actually enjoy it's fuel economy now. Can use a half tank for about 7days with ac. Very good ac by the way. In fact, it's presently more fuel efficient than my 2000 accord v6, don't understand why.

The parts are crazy cheap...back shocks,6k, front, 10k a pair. I highly recommend this car.

Can i get your contact please??

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To File A Complaint Against An FRSC Official / How To Register A Car In Nigeria / Is The Rover Car Market In Nigeria Lucrative ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.