Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

They Don't Care About You If You Live Or Die. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / They Don't Care About You If You Live Or Die. (525 Views)

Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / You Can Either Get Slim Now Or Die Fat (photos) / We Don't Care About This One Thing! Here Is Why We Should (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Don't Care About You If You Live Or Die. by Maximus85(m): 4:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
I don't usually create threads on the health Forum but I can't hold it anymore.
And this madness I'm about to talk about has never been taken seriously by those that we voted to protect us.

Recently in the US, 1000 non-smokers were tested for lungs cancer and lungs related disease and surprisingly 54 tested positive to one lung disease to another. This is America where health is of paramount interest of their government.

I learnt that in the first 6years of a vehicle, the engine releases carbon dioxide which is the same gas we release as humans. But after the 6th year, the car will start releasing carbon monoxide which is toxic and very dangerous to human life and that of plants and animals.

In Lagos State it is of no interest to the government that we have lots of vehicles that aren't supposed to be allowed to move around. Thick toxic smokes are been release and we inhale these smokes. I wonder what the result would be if 1000 Lagos non-smokers are tested for lung ailments.

What do we do? We are trying to avoid cigarette smokers but can we avoid these dangerous vehicle releasing these killer smokes around Lagos? At Contain this afternoon I saw this very thick black smoke coming from a dump site.....

In Carlifonia:

Smoking Vehicle Complaint Program
This page last reviewed October 23, 2015

Smoking vehicles are detrimental to California's air quality. Here's how you can help reduce harmful air pollutants caused by smoking vehicles:

Keep up the maintenance on your own car, truck, or other vehicle. A well-maintained vehicle is a cleaner-running vehicle.

Report smoking vehicles on the roadway.
Complaint Form for Smoking Vehicles
To report a smoking vehicle, you may submit a Complaint Form for Smoking Vehicles to the Air Resources Board, or call ARB or the local Air Pollution Control District.

Please have this information ready to report:

Vehicle Type
License Plate Number
Date, Time, and Location of the Incident
Make and Model of the VEHICLES

They need to hear us. What do we do?
If you're driving your own car and you can't worry of inhaling toxic smoke, you can still help those without such opportunity by joining voices with us till the government hears and do something fast about this madness.

NB: If you know your vehicle smokes and you won't fix it and you go about polluting the air others inhale then you're heartless and wicked. In fact you're a killer.

(1) (Reply)

Joyetech Ego Mega Twist+ Kit-more Simple For Vape Beginner / This Is Currently Going On In Nigeria / *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.