Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo (62103 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / 4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by BluePearls(m): 6:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
OP I almost finished my MB while viewing this your thread, but it was worth every byte of it grin

5 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by saxby(f): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
BluePearls:
OP I almost finished my MB while viewing this your thread, but it was worth every byte of it grin

Thanks for stopping by grin grin
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by oduastates: 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bicycles.
Bicycles
Bicycles to solve traffic and transit problems
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by AprokoTV(m): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
Who e epp?
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by omonnakoda: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
Clearly Lagos was very developed before oil was discovered and continues to develop based on the Best shoreline in the country giving it the exclusive privilege of the Major Port since the 1890s. Eko Akete

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
Wow this is awesome!
U don take COWBELL MILK today?
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by shamecurls(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Some regions still find it difficult to meet-up with a Lagos of 40 years ago lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lagos leads, Others follow

4 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Btruth: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
Years when corruption hasn't arrive. When UK was begging Nigerians to come to UK for their holidays. When in most stores in the UK you see the inscription "Naira (n) is acceptable here". O Lord! Please, visit our nation again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by codemaniacs: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rayhutar:
After they finish building lagos with Nigeria wealth some people are laying claim to it, the way Abuja is been built with Nigeria oil money after Gwari people will say Abuja is their achievement

Cocoa gotten from the SW developed the SW and still fed Nigeria.... not Nigeria's wealth..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by mosclement: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by datopaper(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
Why do we allow things to get bad. Lagos is great, and it continue to be centre of attraction.

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by d4gmail: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
I never knew some parts of Nigeria were this neat.

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by henrydadon(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
derrick333:
white men left too early lipsrsealed
because of this same white men that why south africa is at where they are today..imagin if they had stayed in Nigeria..

4 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by oglalasioux(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
socialmediaman:
Well its better now than then

You got it. There's no way life in the past was better than today.

What would I do without the internet?

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by MrMcJay(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rayhutar:
After they finish building lagos with Nigeria wealth some people are laying claim to it, the way Abuja is been built with Nigeria oil money after Gwari people will say Abuja is their achievement

Those that claim their wealth was used to develop Lagos come from places which today are not as good as Lagos of 40 years ago.

13 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by quickly: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:
This was before Niger Delta Oil money rolled in, in few years Abuja people would also forget their city was built by our oil.

#ResourceControlNow

Olodo IMF and Paris Club loan. Also Lagos was already a booming port town even before oil was discovered in the late 50s.

Na oil money them take build Banana island or Eko Atlantic

6 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by UjSizzle(f): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Did you try reading the message on the postcard of Tinubu square?

These pictures make my heart heavy with grief. I would have loved living in that Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Stanbeto: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Wow Lagos has gud all the way
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by ceslide: 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
No lies things have gotten worse...I saw peeps smiling in all those pictures...it's the opposite now
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by MANOSUB(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
don tail wey oyibo get sense
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by AreaFada2: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
codemaniacs:

Cocoa gotten from the SW developed the SW and still fed Nigeria.... not Nigeria's wealth..

Don't forget we had regionalism then.

North had groundnut, SW cocoa, SE/SS had some coca, rubber & oil palm.

In fact all of Southern Nigeria had fairly similar things to offer. Oil palm or rubber wasn't scarce in SW either.

But no doubt federal income contributed to Lagos growth as National capital. Even though Lagos has been booming since 1860s already.

I think it was more about discipline & foresight of Awo and followers in the SW generally. Until Awo-Akintola stand off came about.

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rossikk:
What about the mainland? By the way, those bicycles were on the pedestrian sidewalks. That's wrong.

You don't know what the rule was back then.

2 Likes

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by amzee(m): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
Who d pinshures don epp?
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
UjSizzle:
Did you try reading the message on the postcard of Tinubu square?

These pictures make my heart heavy with grief. I would have loved living in that Lagos.
The Lagos of that time was heaven. Little or no fear of witnessing bloody hell embarassed
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by leofab(f): 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Once upon a time when discipline holds sway
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Generalyemi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
DaBullIT:
Lagos has upgraded beyond words

No wonder Olamide thinks , if i carry you go to Island my guy you go love Lagos o

And thats why those people want Lagos to be declared as no man's land

Mtchewww

Mynd44
how many properties do u own in Lagos..guy go n hustle,leave matter,those people own 55 percent of properties in lag
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
henrydadon:
because of this same white men that why south africa is at where they are today..imagin if they had stayed in Nigeria..

Are we better than south Africa now??

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by UjSizzle(f): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
CFCman:

The Lagos of that time was heaven. Little or no fear of witnessing bloody hell embarassed
It's you cheesy

I read the postcard 3 times. It's sentimental and sweet smiley
Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
derrick333:
white men left too early lipsrsealed
May GOD bless u
May GOD continue to bless u.
May u remain Blessed

1 Like

Re: Old Pictures Of Lagos (even B4 Independence) You Probably Have Not Seen - Photo by juman(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
One nigeria caused backwardness and failure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.