Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (53698 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Zikdik(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2016
This is a really stupid post. Really stupid.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Cholls(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2016
My brother nice topic. I'll take a stab. God is ineffable. Nobody can say what God is exactly, so that poses a challenge in answering questions about His/Her/Their existence. As Protestant theologian Karl Barth put it "God is wholly other." I've been in fellowship groups where the term "Great Mystery" is substituted for the word "God". So the best I can do is express my own understanding, based on my personal life experiences, powerful social conditioning, reading and thinking about the nature of reality. Kant taught us long ago that our perceptions are inescapably filtered through fallible sensory apparatus and mental categories that prevent us from full knowledge of external reality. As Saint Paul says, "we see through a glass darkly". I think we can talk about God from a functional standpoint: what belief in God does for humans even when we can't offer anything like a precise definition.
The best I can come up with as a working definition is that God is the felt presence of a Higher Power "in whom we live and move and have our being." Not particularly original. The Higher Power, of course, comes from the Twelve Step recovery groups, and denoting any power that we recognize outside ourselves as controlling or guiding our lives--be it Yahweh, Allah, or Good Orderly Direction. So God is not necessarily the Dude in the Sky. The phrase "in whom we live and move and have our being" is from Acts 17:28. The "felt presence" part is mine, reminding us that what we feel might not be real in an objective sense although it can be important to us. Belief in God is an existential decision to bet our lives on this vaguely defined felt presence.
To me, God is, among other things, a code word for Ultimate Meaning and an expression of my sense that it's a great big wondrful universe we live in--as the Protestant theologian Paul Tillich puts it "the Ground of all Being", or as John Dewey prefers "the summation of human idealism". I've been influenced by psychologist Viktor Frankl, who sees the quest for meaning as the basic human drive. Writing from his observations in a Nazi concentration camp, Frankl thinks that the prisoners who survived were those who could find meaning to their lives even in that hellacious environment. The meaning could take a variety of forms:memory of a loved one, a ray of light coming through a cell window, etc. However, Frankl thought there were some human pursuits which are blind alleys when it comes to meaningful existence: wealth, status, power, and sensual indulgence. Pursuit of such things inevitably leads to emptiness. I tend to describe this in the vocabulary of religious metaphor: idolatry. These are false gods.
Does God have objective existence? I tend to reject the concept of God as the "Dude in the Sky" watching and judging us. I've been influenced by a couple of physicists, Dyson Freeman and Paul Davies, who see more to the integrated complexity of the universe than operation blind material force--but they admit that this is metaphysics rather than physics. So objectively, God is either the author of the laws of physics or the laws themselves. I've also been influenced by a personal "moment of clarity" (religious experience, psychotic break, whatever) in which a passage in Genesis took on new meaning for me: the part about humans being created in the image and likeness of God. From then on, I can't go to Shoprite without seeing God in the aisles and checkout lines. Of course, I could give a perfectly naturalistic explanation to this psychological phenomenon, but the metaphor helped a lot to change my attitude and make me, in my opinion, a better person. Beyond that, I can't decide yet whether I'm a theist, deist, pantheist, panentheist or confused agnostic. But Jesus is my hero.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by CaptainBomb(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2016
Atheist God Exist , because your knowledge and your science can't explain how death work or how can one of you create the least of all God creation. 'Ant' and give it life.. So fvck you... God exist because you can't give life to what God has taken away its life.. Not even the world No 1 scientist can.. Once again fvck atheists.

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 11, 2016
1. which god?
2. what about natural disasters?
3.Who says they emerged by chance? Ever heard of trial and error? ever heard of natural selection?
4.Religion limits our inquisitive nature and make things quite 'easy' Instead of taking a,long and difficult route to finding out about a strange phenomena I can easily say 'God made it that way' There are athiest sientists too anyway
5.Where we find ourselves plays a major role here thats why religion seem to be regional or ethnic.

I rest my case
and...wish me well on my exams tomorrow
nothing personal cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Imaeyez(m): 9:04pm On May 11, 2016
Some Christians can really be insecure eh, who has time for these types of arguments in 2016?
You believe there is a sky daddy who grants your every wish, lucky you! but must everyone believe with you? Hian!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by BiafranAmerican: 9:04pm On May 11, 2016
GOD DOES NOT EXIST. GOD IS EXISTENCE. HUMANS ARE GOD EXPERIENCING PHYSICAL REALITY ON EARTH. THERE IS NO ONE BEING CALLED GOD. GOD IS WHAT WE ARE BUT WITH PHYSICAL BODY TO EXPERIENCE AND CONTINUE OUR DUTIES AS CREATOR.

STOP WASTINF TIME SEARCHING FOR YOURSELVES. I SPENT 20YEARS OF MY LIFE SEARCHING FOR GOD THEN I REALISED THAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ME ALL ALONG.

I AM THAT I AM.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by abbey621(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2016
The mere fact that the theory of evolution contradicts the creation of man from the religious point of view makes your argument hard to believe! From the religious point of view, we were made to believe that man was created from clay. Scientists however believe that man is an evolution of the apes, from Sahelanthropus tchadensis to homo erectus to homo sapiens. This alone will make it hard for you to ever convince any atheist, as for me personally, I believe God exists, he has to because so many things are unexplainable by science or religion alone!

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by dulux07(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2016
omonnakoda:
I wonder how God came into existence
All i know is there is something supernatural about our creation. wink
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by oncolor1: 9:07pm On May 11, 2016
One thing for religious folks to ponder.

Think about any pastor you know living now who claims they "perform miracles" both the pastor of your church and any others you believe and trust. Think about any miracle they have performed for you or others, healing of AIDS, blindness, diarrhea, barrenness, fibroid, poverty, etc etc you get the gist.

Now ask your self this question, there has been video of 'miracles' in churches,conventions, crusades etc. Have you ever seen a real miracle on video? I am not talking about someone blind and their eyes open, we cannot tell, or someone barren and they get pregnant no proof either. I am talking about somebody that had an accident for example and their legs were cut off or their hands cut off and then we see the hands growing live on video as proof. I am not talking about somebody sitting on wheel chair with his legs there and saying he cannot walk and voila he can walk, I mean the one with legs cut off from the knee and the legs grow back live on video

As yourself, why if these so called pastors or prophets or men of God can do other "Amazing miracles" why have we never seen an obvious miracle as described above that everyone can not argue about?

Now I know religious folks will argue and quote bible verses, Quran or whatever but until you can post a video showing what I just described being performed as a miracle, you have to think long and hard about the 'God' you are spending all your time worshipping.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by knockturnal(m): 9:07pm On May 11, 2016
Op, please try and open ur mind. Dig up more mindblowing facts or point to back up your stand. The once you raised aboved can not move any atheist to have a change of heart.

Remove fear from your reasoning. Once you can do that then your eyes, mind and heart will be opened to the reality of things as they truly are.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by logica(m): 9:07pm On May 11, 2016
oncolor1:
What a dumb post. No proof whatsoever in your post.
You know, I actually came into this thread hoping to see selfies of God (with the Devil photobombing) and Heaven. And maybe one or 2 angels. Highly disappointed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Cokwologu(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2016
God reigns, I have several proofs and facts..
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by olatex25(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2016
I dont need any1 2 inform me d existence of God.. He is d creator nd d createe, we exist cos of His existence. He is beyond any sort of praise given 2 Him.. The most Beneficient and the most Merciful
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:09pm On May 11, 2016
sarutobie:
I agree strongly with the OP on one point, the awesomeness and ever marvelous beauty of nature...being a lover of animals and their environment, I have looked and studied the myriad of unique abilities and anatomy of the different species of animals and I just concluded within me (with absolute conviction) that they were designed by a power far greater than a human can possibly comprehend...how can you possibly observe the complex and artistic beauty of nature and say to yourself "this was all a stroke of dumb luck"...
There is no Logic to this . Beauty is a perception. Female Gorillas are sexy to male gorillas and so on .What is beauty to you may be ugly to another.Anyhow the existence of beauty proves nothing . I might as well say the beauty of the world proves there are little orange men living on the moon.
I will not say there is no God, the fact is I do not know and nobody knows or can know, which makes it likely that there is none and certainly not the infanticidal version that begets sons and kills them to prove to MAN that he is great.
The so called beauty of the universe and its enormity should tell us how insignificant Earth and Man are in the scheme of things and inform us that if God had a son Earth would be the last place he would send him . Earth is the Universe is less significant than a grain of rice on Earth.
The same logic that makes God necessary makes a creator for God necessary too. Indeed what is more likely than the existence of God is other planets inhabited by more important and relevant beings than man

5 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by sarutobie(m): 9:09pm On May 11, 2016
Mrchippychappy:
He… hangeth the earth upon nothing.
— Job 26:7

This was written THOUSANDS of years before scientists found out that the earth hangs on nothing. How did Job know and who told him? God has been schooling science since the beginning of time lol.
that was when the leading scientists of the day thought the earth was flat and that you can fall off the edge! while some believed it was being held by a giant titan called Atlas...one thing is certain, whether they believe or don't, when their body is failing, when the cold claws of death creeps upon them, they all say a silent prayer..to whoever might be listening...

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Rapsowdee01(m): 9:09pm On May 11, 2016
Abeg help us tell God that Buahri has removed subsidy and he should do something about it... You keep wasting your time trying to prove his existence and you forget you are suffering !!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Ahmed99: 9:09pm On May 11, 2016
zeemahn:
1. which god?
2. what about natural disasters?
3.Who says they emerged by chance? Ever heard of trial and error? ever heard of natural selection?
4.Religion limits our inquisitive nature and make things quite 'easy' Instead of taking a,long and difficult route to finding out about a strange phenomena I can easily say 'God made it that way' There are athiest sientists too anyway
5.Where we find ourselves plays a major role here thats why religion seem to be regional or ethnic.

I rest my case
and...wish me well on my exams tomorrow
nothing personal cheers
success man
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by sukkot: 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
lepasharon:
Intelligent design is a fallacy..brb
fala wetin ?
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by CaptainBomb(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
Fvck all atheists. You will meet your lord after this world Bloody Mofos.. So you thing everything came into existence by chance kwa? Once My lord takes away your life.. You can call on your fellow atheists to bring it back if you can. Awon were.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by introvertedsoul: 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
BiafranAmerican:
GOD DOES NOT EXIST. GOD IS EXISTENCE. HUMANS ARE GOD EXPERIENCING PHYSICAL REALITY ON EARTH. THERE IS NO ONE BEING CALLED GOD. GOD IS WHAT WE ARE BUT WITH PHYSICAL BODY TO EXPERIENCE AND CONTINUE OUR DUTIES AS CREATOR.

STOP WASTINF TIME SEARCHING FOR YOURSELVES. I SPENT 20YEARS OF MY LIFE SEARCHING FOR GOD THEN I REALISED THAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ME ALL ALONG.

I AM THAT I AM.

All these pro black intellectuals don come with thier BS and flawed reasoning!
I am certain you support(ed) affirmative action.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:10pm On May 11, 2016
dulux07:

All i know is there is something supernatural about our creation. wink
Define supernatural and creation. I see no evidence of any creation so explain your terminology

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by dulux07(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2016
omonnakoda:
Define supernatural and creation. I see no evidence of any creation so explain your terminology
Bro. Believe what u want. No time
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by demzylahot(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
my line up of testimonies will be a further proof that God exists
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Isomerizm(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
OK. We agree with you. God exists. You and God should try get a life. It's 2016. Time no dey for nonsensical arguments.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Bollinger(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
The quest for religion has made Nigerians lazy and insane. Instead of looking to themselves to solve the most basic of issues they turn their heads upwards or fall to their knees as the case may be. I believe in God, but i also believe that considering the various interpretation the bible has had over the centuries, a lot of things have been misrepresented and twisted to suit humanity. The worst thing you can do is to dilute information. It corrupts communication. A man refuses to go for medical check up on a regular basis and, or knows that he has an ailment that could be treated in a medical facility. He does nothing and dies because of it and people have the nerve to ask "God, why?". Why indeed. Another one? Nigerians keep asking, "God why do we have leaders like these"? Em, because you all keep voting for the same kind of leaders. I don't think i've ever seen God's registration and voters card. Common sense is not so common.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 11, 2016
ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY THAT THEY IS NO GOD

AND THE WISE MAN SAYS IT OUT LOUD

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On May 11, 2016
dulux07:

Bro. Believe what u want. No time
Lame!! So why did you come here
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by friedakara(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2016
believe it or not, MY GOD truly exist!
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Isomerizm(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2016
CaptainBomb:
Fvck all atheists. You will meet your lord after this world Bloody Mofos.. So you thing everything came into existence by chance kwa? Once My lord takes away your life.. You can call on your fellow atheists to bring it back if you can. Awon were.
A christian shouldn't be this vulgar. Don't you think?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 11, 2016
Dottore:
Atheism exists only on the lips. The heart of atheists strongly believe in the existence of God
berildan:
Welldone. Excellent post. I'd challenge every atheist to read the book "I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist" by Frank Nurek. Most atheists know deep down that a God exists, they just choose not to believe because a belief in God implies loss of freewill (especially in immoral terms).
otitokoroleti:
if you dont believe that God truly exist, go n suck ur dick. as for me & my household, Oluwa ni awa yio maa sin(worship). A guy on this forum became atheist just because of his health condition(ss genotype) saying that God suppose to makes him perfect.
CaptainBomb:
Atheist God Exist , because your knowledge and your science can't explain how death work or how can one of you create the least of all God creation. 'Ant' and give it life.. So fvck you... God exist because you can't give life to what God has taken away its life.. Not even the world No 1 scientist can.. Once again fvck atheists.
CaptainBomb:
I'm surprised by the number of shallow misconceptions about atheism. I thought we had disabused all your minds about them...
CaptainBomb:
I'm surprised by the number of shallow misconceptions about atheism. I thought we had disabused all your minds about them...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Figs(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2016
lepasharon:
Intelligent design is a fallacy..brb
an atheist spotted
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:16pm On May 11, 2016
Cholls:
My brother nice topic. I'll take a stab. God is ineffable. Nobody can say what God is exactly, so that poses a challenge in answering questions about His/Her/Their existence. As Protestant theologian Karl Barth put it "God is wholly other." I've been in fellowship groups where the term "Great Mystery" is substituted for the word "God". So the best I can do is express my own understanding, based on my personal life experiences, powerful social conditioning, reading and thinking about the nature of reality. Kant taught us long ago that our perceptions are inescapably filtered through fallible sensory apparatus and mental categories that prevent us from full knowledge of external reality. As Saint Paul says, "we see through a glass darkly". I think we can talk about God from a functional standpoint: what belief in God does for humans even when we can't offer anything like a precise definition.
The best I can come up with as a working definition is that God is the felt presence of a Higher Power "in whom we live and move and have our being." Not particularly original. The Higher Power, of course, comes from the Twelve Step recovery groups, and denoting any power that we recognize outside ourselves as controlling or guiding our lives--be it Yahweh, Allah, or Good Orderly Direction. So God is not necessarily the Dude in the Sky. The phrase "in whom we live and move and have our being" is from Acts 17:28. The "felt presence" part is mine, reminding us that what we feel might not be real in an objective sense although it can be important to us. Belief in God is an existential decision to bet our lives on this vaguely defined felt presence.
To me, God is, among other things, a code word for Ultimate Meaning and an expression of my sense that it's a great big wondrful universe we live in--as the Protestant theologian Paul Tillich puts it "the Ground of all Being", or as John Dewey prefers "the summation of human idealism". I've been influenced by psychologist Viktor Frankl, who sees the quest for meaning as the basic human drive. Writing from his observations in a Nazi concentration camp, Frankl thinks that the prisoners who survived were those who could find meaning to their lives even in that hellacious environment. The meaning could take a variety of forms:memory of a loved one, a ray of light coming through a cell window, etc. However, Frankl thought there were some human pursuits which are blind alleys when it comes to meaningful existence: wealth, status, power, and sensual indulgence. Pursuit of such things inevitably leads to emptiness. I tend to describe this in the vocabulary of religious metaphor: idolatry. These are false gods.
Does God have objective existence? I tend to reject the concept of God as the "Dude in the Sky" watching and judging us. I've been influenced by a couple of physicists, Dyson Freeman and Paul Davies, who see more to the integrated complexity of the universe than operation blind material force--but they admit that this is metaphysics rather than physics. So objectively, God is either the author of the laws of physics or the laws themselves. I've also been influenced by a personal "moment of clarity" (religious experience, psychotic break, whatever) in which a passage in Genesis took on new meaning for me: the part about humans being created in the image and likeness of God. From then on, I can't go to Shoprite without seeing God in the aisles and checkout lines. Of course, I could give a perfectly naturalistic explanation to this psychological phenomenon, but the metaphor helped a lot to change my attitude and make me, in my opinion, a better person. Beyond that, I can't decide yet whether I'm a theist, deist, pantheist, panentheist or confused agnostic. But Jesus is my hero.
Bottomline is God was created by man in man's image

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Arsenal Sacking Unai Emery / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Lady Dies After Man Reveals To Her On Facebook That He Had A Dream She Will Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.