Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack (14660 Views)

Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari / Benjamin Madubugwu Sparks At Security Operatives In Court (Photos, Video) / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by nairacoded: 3:41am On Apr 30, 2016
Following the slaughter of 46 Ukpabi, Nimbo in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State natives last Monday, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, on Friday, accused security agencies in the state of complicity despite assurances they gave him that planned attack will be forestalled.

Ugwuanyi made the accusation while speaking in an emotional laden tone during a news briefing at Government House attended by the Deputy Senate President, Ike

Ekweremadu,Deputy Governor,Cecila Ezeilo,all serving senators and House of Representatives members in the state.

The governor’s speech read in part:”On Sunday, April 24, by 7 pm, the night before this carnage took place, I got security information from Uzo-Uwani Local Government Transition Chairman, Hon. Cornell Onwubuya that such an incident was likely to take place in the state.

I immediately summoned a meeting of the State Security Council which commenced by 10 pm.

The meeting was attended by the following: Garrison Commander, Brigadier General Olufemi Akinjobi who normally represents the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 82 Division Nigerian Army; the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu; the State Director of Department State Security Services (DSS), Mr. M. Abdul Malik; the State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Mr. Lar Stephen; Representatives of the Nigerian Air force, Federal Road Safety Corps and Nigerian Prison Services, who attended as observers.

“From the side of government were, myself, the Governor, the Deputy Governor, the Secretary to the State Government, the Chief of Staff, the Chairman, State Traditional Rulers Council and the Honourable Attorney General of the State.

“In the meeting, we received assurances from the Commissioner of Police that the Area Commander of SARS was on ground in Nimbo. That the Anti-Terrorism Unit was at Nimbo. That he was in contact with the Kogi State Commissioner of Police and reported suspected herdsmen grouping at Odolu in Kogi State preparatory for an attack on Nimbo and Abbi communities. That Police mobile force and conventional police were already drafted to Nimbo and Abbi communities. That he was in touch with the Area Commander, Idah, ACP Ikegwuonwu and had linked him with the Area Commander, Nsukka, ACP Monday Kuryas. Both men according to the CP reported that there were no traces of suspected herdsmen in Nsukka or Idah.

“That he ordered the Area Commander, Nsukka to redeploy to Nimbo. That the Garrison Commander on his part assured the meeting that Military was already deployed to Nimbo. Let me state that the State Government provided logistics for these deployments. After receiving these assurances of deployments to Nimbo, I felt quite confident that we had done everything possible to forestall an attack on Nimbo.”

“I have deliberately narrated what transpired at the Security Council meeting fully conscious of the provisions of the Nigerian Constitution pertaining to my oath of office. I am doing this in due discharge of my duties as Governor.

“Sadly, in the early hours of Monday reports of this carnage reached me. More disturbing was the report that the attack of innocent and defenceless citizens were carried out at about 6.30 am. Further reports available to me indicate that apart from the killing and maiming of innocent and defenceless citizens of Nimbo, a Church was also burnt. Following this development, I engaged the security agencies in order to ensure that the Nimbo area was secured from further attacks that might escalate the situation.

“I am at once, constituting a judicial commission of inquiry to investigate the immediate and remote causes of all the violent occurrences in the State associated with suspected Fulani Herdsmen and recommend appropriate measures that will be put in place to prevent future occurrence.

“What happened between 6.30am and 7.30 am on Monday 25th April, 2016 despite assurances from the Security Agencies? Only the Security Agencies can answer this question”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/i-alerted-security-operatives-before-fulani-herdsmen-attack-says-ugwuanyi/

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by nairacoded: 3:43am On Apr 30, 2016

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Eboski(m): 5:01am On Apr 30, 2016
Mr Governor prayers alone can't stop the attack but place a measure that restrict their movement of cows they should also be disarm.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by freeze001(f): 5:05am On Apr 30, 2016
Just imagine! This is damning evidence of the complicity of the security agencies. They were given ample notice and logistics and yet they turned blind eyes, deliberately allowing and even providing cover for the idiots. They deliberately arrived in time to forestall reprisals after innocent citizens had been murdered, injured and displaced with properties looted and burnt!

The fact that the same heads of security agencies for the state still occupy their offices and there is no sign of an investigation by the Army, Police, DSS and others to determine why despite credible intelligence, the attacks still occurred at the magnitude which they did only means one thing: that they acted under instructions from higher quarters to remain put and not attempt to protect the targeted area at the material time; they are in fact being rewarded for a job well done!

The panel of judicial inquiry now set up had better be thorough and among other things, recommend immediate disciplinary action and redeployment of the heads of security agencies in the state who deliberately delivered up indigenes of Igboland in Enugu State to be murdered and injured. It should also recommend immediate disarmament and confinement of all cattle rearers in the state as well as routine, unannounced checks/searches of all Hausa-Fulani communities in Enugu State for seizure of illegal arms and immediate prosecution of any of them found in possession of such arms.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by titoetal(m): 5:47am On Apr 30, 2016
I said it that part of the reasons the governor was shedding tears is because of the narrative above. He was betrayed
The federal security agencies failed to act. States should established their own security and secure their territory.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by adconline(m): 5:59am On Apr 30, 2016
But the govt is still not completely absolved.. There was a time then gov Ngige had issues with Obj, he security details were all withdrawn. He had to improvise and took charge of security situation in Anambra. Same with Peter Obi. It was pure naivety and delusion on his party to think that GMB would rise to occasion when he never did in Benue, Oyo, Lagos etc.
This is a governor who gets N600 monthly for security and couldnt mobilize his CSO to mobilise local vigilante to forestall attack. Just offering just N2-3million to DPO to mobilise their men would have done a lot to stop these terrorists. These terrorists succeeded because they met no resistance!!

20 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by realestworld(m): 6:05am On Apr 30, 2016
See as them they play "kalo-kalo" with people lives

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by edlion57(m): 6:10am On Apr 30, 2016
Y waz he laughing at the presidential villa....dat act made me vex for him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by kcnwaigbo: 6:19am On Apr 30, 2016
The security agencies were obviously under instructions from their commander-in-chief to stay off action, so that the herdsmen can have their way

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Tex42(m): 6:33am On Apr 30, 2016
Of course Nigerians know that the Nigeria security operatives have been greatly compromised / polarized, and those who are not, are made to act a script or they are isolated.

By the way, this excuse still doesn't negate the fact that Ugwuanyi of Enugu state is a slow poke; when he found out that the security operatives stood down after alerting them, what did he do... For me, this matter should have been treated as an emergency considering the magnitude of havoc perpetrated by these herds men, but I don't think the governor of Enugu state treated it as such. On realizing the stand of the security operative, he should have sourced for security from within (local vigilante groups, volunteers etc.) and/or evacuate the community (pls don't tell me it can't be done).

The governor never deemed it fit to let this community know that there was no security on ground, he did not tell Nigerians what was going on, he relaxed in his governor's Lodge lazing about, and after the attack, he went to this community crying like a 2 year old.

I guess Ugwuanyi came up with this story after coming under nationwide criticism for his poor response prior to the attack and also his useless visit to aso villa.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Fanyogoyogo: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Security operative huh? The one that makes up 80% Northerners?
Please continue crying and fasting.
Enugu belongs to Fulanis.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by babs01(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by mayordadon(m): 10:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Yet dey say dey repel d attack ....
Just bunch of chest beater

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Nelkoko: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2016
And he was smiling b4 d he goat.....

6 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Fanyogoyogo: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2016
edlion57:
[size=18pt]Y waz he laughing at the presidential villa....dat act made me vex for him[/size]

He only cries in Enugu, he laughs everywhere else.

3 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by epospiky(m): 10:14am On Apr 30, 2016
The kind of security personnel we have these day emm...seems they themselves need more security than we do. smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Sijo01(f): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Cry cry governor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Fanyogoyogo: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Nelkoko:
And he was smiling b4 d he goat.....

Yea, blame it on Yoruba man.
Also blame your yoot's cowardice on Yorubaman.

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Until we start acting like the northerners do instead of just talking, we would never defeat them.

3 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by DrChukzy(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2016
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by TippyTop(m): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2016
That he was in contact with the Kogi State Commissioner of Police and reported suspected herdsmen grouping at Odolu in Kogi State preparatory for an attack on Nimbo and Abbi communities. That Police mobile force and conventional police were already drafted to Nimbo and Abbi communities.

With organised attacks like this someone would still reason Buhari is not behind the attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by blossom92: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2016
nairacoded:
More Details @Source>>>>> http://www.042report.com/2016/04/ifeanyi-ugwuanyi-reveals-i-alerted.html
This my governor looks like an slowpoke
grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2016
How to start a
conversation with
strangers in Enugu,
1. Enter a commercial bus and after a while, say this,
2. "I don't understand what our Governor is doing again",
They will talk to u & even ask for ur phone number, #lol. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi was busy snatching people's land from them, he's a thief.

6 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by tommykiwi(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2016
U try. Na u declare fasting finish. U enter Abj go dey flex abi?

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by omenka(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2016
Will be right back..

Now, where were we? cheesy
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 30, 2016
It's a coordinated attack by the fulani terrorists(Buruntai and buhari inclusively)

5 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Roccoandrocco(m): 10:20am On Apr 30, 2016
States should established their own security and secure their territory.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Fanyogoyogo: 10:22am On Apr 30, 2016
See as the ban resemble abo..ki.

Fulanis don colonize Enugu finish

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3658927_fbimg1461962152555_jpegcef761735868f431715d2313c59b3887

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Government Bans Churches From Holding Services In Public Schools / Governor Akeredolu Sings For Wole Soyinka, Others, Performs For Them (Video) / Zonal Congresses: Makinde, Fayose Split PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.