Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack (14679 Views)

Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari / Benjamin Madubugwu Sparks At Security Operatives In Court (Photos, Video) / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by free13: 12:52am On May 01, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by poseidon12: 1:24am On May 01, 2016
Governor, you need to demand the immediate sack of the heads of the various security agencies that attended the state security council meeting and did nothing to prevent the carnage; especially the commissioner of police, the Army GOC, the Garrison Commander, the police Area Commanders, and the state DSS boss.
South East governors need to coordinate in establishing an armed vigilante system. Then if one state is under attack, other states can assist them. It's obvious that we are on our own as far as security of lives and properties are concerned.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by poseidon12: 1:29am On May 01, 2016
adconline:
But the govt is still not completely absolved.. There was a time then gov Ngige had issues with Obj, he security details were all withdrawn. He had to improvise and took charge of security situation in Anambra. Same with Peter Obi. It was pure naivety and delusion on his party to think that GMB would rise to occasion when he never did in Benue, Oyo, Lagos etc.
This is a governor who gets N600 monthly for security and couldnt mobilize his CSO to mobilise local vigilante to forestall attack. Just offering just N2-3million to DPO to mobilise their men would have done a lot to stop these terrorists. These terrorists succeeded because they met no resistance!!

You are right. I think the governor was naïve. He has a lot of learning to do. I hope other governors are learning too.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by adconline(m): 2:37am On May 01, 2016
ehissi:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!! To the best of my understanding, security vote is at the discretion of the government.

The basic across board used to be #40million, I guess moststates have jacked up their budget!!

In simple english, "I am budgetting amount X as security vote". Federal government sends cash to the states, what they do with it is their thoro!! That's why you see the imbalance in the figures.

And for the record, Nairaland is a fora where opinions are expressed through "Typed" text. Nobody really talks on Nairaland, its not an audio chat!!

Just thought I should chip that in..........
Typical way of offering rebuttal with nothing but maybes, it used to , I don't believe.. Just show us contrary data to support ur position or keep quiet.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by 400billionman: 3:03am On May 01, 2016
omenka:
Will be right back..

Now, where were we? cheesy

You are satisfied now ?

Here is the truth you kept denying on a previous thread..
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by BlackTechnology: 3:03am On May 01, 2016
poseidon12:

You are right. I think the governor was naïve. He has a lot of learning to do. I hope other governors are learning too.

The governor is a greedy thief who will rather pocket the security votes than spend it on a vigilante system.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by BlackTechnology: 3:07am On May 01, 2016
bittertruthz:

This is lies and excuse for failure. Governor has power to deploy security Without waiting for buhari.

Lazy and confused governor. Stop lying.
You only care for immunity from prosecution and executive power to steal, executive power to deploy 1000 police to guard you and your family yet you couldn't deploy security, common civil defense or vigilante to protect your people.

Anybody blaming buhari on this issue is a bigot. Blame your governor, police commissioner, LGA chairman and traditional rulers for failure.

Ghanaians don't wait for fed govt to resist herdsmen. They do it locally.

Very true. The useless governor prefers to pocket the security votes than spend it on a vigilante system.

Do you know that the thief is yet set up a vigilante system.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by BlackTechnology: 3:13am On May 01, 2016
ehissi:

My friend don't be petty!! Security vote is #40million Naira monthly and no more; besides if you read the deposition put forth by the governor, DSS, Nigerian army, Nigeria Police - SARS, were all at that meeting.

Who told you that it was 2 or 3 million Naira that he gave to all these people!?? Tafia papa!!

Whatever dogma you hold about Nigerian politicians doesn't change the fact that he informed the Security operatives before hand and provided them the logistics they required hence he is absolved from all blame.

Constitutionally, he is not required to give a dime to federal agencies of government, as a state governor, if he does so, he does it out of perceived necessity which is understandable given the fact that Buhari is now holding forte for fulani, na only to issue orders to military for twitter, facebook and Nairaland na e buhari sabi!!

Police, DSS, Army - in short, even agbero - must come and tell the people of enugu what they where doing when Buhari's village people went on rampage!!

Is uzo awani the first town to be attacked.?
If the governor had set up a well armed vigilante system, that attack would have been stopped even without federal securities.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by BlackTechnology: 3:21am On May 01, 2016
adconline:
But the govt is still not completely absolved.. There was a time then gov Ngige had issues with Obj, he security details were all withdrawn. He had to improvise and took charge of security situation in Anambra. Same with Peter Obi. It was pure naivety and delusion on his party to think that GMB would rise to occasion when he never did in Benue, Oyo, Lagos etc.
This is a governor who gets N600 monthly for security and couldnt mobilize his CSO to mobilise local vigilante to forestall attack. Just offering just N2-3million to DPO to mobilise their men would have done a lot to stop these terrorists. These terrorists succeeded because they met no resistance!!

Don't mind the ewu called governor.
With 200million every month, he will be able to sustain a well armed 1000 man strong state vigilante system.
Rather than do this, he prefers to pocket the money and leave the job for the police to do.

Do you know that the thief is yet to set up a vigilante system even after this incidence.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:24am On May 01, 2016
This governor is the representative of failed and rigged in leadership in the EAST
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by ehissi(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2016
adconline:

Typical way of offering rebuttal with nothing but maybes, it used to , I don't believe.. Just show us contrary data to support ur position or keep quiet.

You never showed me any info - except a link to a page on Nairaland, that has a link to news archives of allafrica.com - that in the absence of Sullivan chime, they were worried about how security votes were spent.

Nothing in that page says Mr President gave that money to the governor as security vote.

Think about it, if Mr Pesident gave such, then why Did Kwankwanso of Kano state have zero Naira allocated to his state as security vote?? Because there are no insecurity issues in Kano state?? Come on!!

Use your unbiased mind, it called a "vote" for a reason!!
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by ehissi(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2016
BlackTechnology:

Is uzo awani the first town to be attacked.?
If the governor had set up a well armed vigilante system, that attack would have been stopped even without federal securities.

Well!! I guess he misplaced his faith in assurances given to him by the police, army and DSS!!

Come to think of it, if this is how these guys are carrying on in enugu, imagine what is happening in the North east with Boko Haram!!

Afterall, all attacks by fulani herdsmen were initially dismissed as minor by security operatives; from Agatu, to Taka, to enugu and these are places were the media have easy access !!

Imagine Borno, yobe where the press thread with serious caution. Only God knows how the people there are coping!! cry
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by adconline(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2016
ehissi:

You never showed me any info - except a link to a page on Nairaland, that has a link to news archives of allafrica.com - that in the absence of Sullivan chime, they were worried about how security votes were spent.

Nothing in that page says Mr President gave that money to the governor as security vote.

Think about it, if Mr Pesident gave such, then why Did Kwankwanso of Kano state have zero Naira allocated to his state as security vote?? Because there are no insecurity issues in Kano state?? Come on!!

Use your unbiased mind, it called a "vote" for a reason!!
You are still arguing from the position of uninformed stance.
President doesn't give security votes, Governors make and insert them into appropriation budget.
Also security vote cannot be misappropriated, so govs have unlimited power to spend as they see fit.

On the source- could you find something that confirms ur position??
http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/23/buhari-has-scrapped-security-vote-top-federal-officials-sources
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by ehissi(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2016
adconline:

Always speaking from their _-anus without crosschecking facts.
Here are some facts for u. Enugu gets N600m monthly for security vote

http://allafrica.com/stories/201301070460.html
https://www.nairaland.com/2366372/monthly-yearly-security-votes-appropriation

U said enugu "Gets" as though someone - in this case FG - gives it to them as opposed to the actual case which is enugu "Budgets"!! I guess that what got my attention as far as your comment is concerned!!

Plus, I am unaware that they budget that much! #40million was deemed suited once upon a time.

Nevertheless, I believe the governor didhis best under the circumstances. If I hold a meeting as governor with the representative of GOC 82 division, DSS, and Nigerian police. And they place request for items required to guarantee security of an area with assurance and I provide it, I don't expect anything else to go wrong.

At least even if I expect the police to fail or DSS, I won't expect a military regional commander to fail!!

All the governor has to do is stop providing any logistics to any of those agencies -which is a waste of resources seeing how poorly they performed - and channel his energy towards raising a neighbour-hood watch or vigilante group!!

That's all!!
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by adconline(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2016
ehissi:

U said enugu "Gets" as though someone - in this case FG - gives it to them as opposed to the actual case which is enugu "Budgets"!! I guess that what got my attention as far as your comment is concerned!!

Plus, I am unaware that they budget that much! #40million was deemed suited once upon a time.

Nevertheless, I believe the governor didhis best under the circumstances. If I hold a meeting as governor with the representative of GOC 82 division, DSS, and Nigerian police. And they place request for items required to guarantee security of an area with assurance and I provide it, I don't expect anything else to go wrong.

At least even if I expect the police to fail or DSS, I won't expect a military regional commander to fail!!

All the governor has to do is stop providing any logistics to any of those agencies -which is a waste of resources seeing how poorly they performed - and channel his energy towards raising a neighbour-hood watch or vigilante group!!

That's all!!
At least we have agreed that president and govs create security vote fund and it's _fucking too much and breeds corruption
Then as per receiving assurance from security agencies and GOC, he said that he was put on hold for close to an hr and he wasn't assured by the president that he had taken care of things security plans.
Ugwuanyi dropped the ball by not making his own plan B. It was naive on his part to think that GMB would take care of Enugu people when he didn't in Oyo state; when he didn't in Benue; when he didn't in Delta. What made him think that Buhari would protect Uzo Uwani better than himself, son of the soil??
Mind you this Gov had already held a peace meeting with Fulani herdsmen in the state; urging them to be good and law abiding citizens. He had sensed that they were up to sometime barbaric and didn't make adequate security plans to thwart that. He failed his own constituents and people of Enugu state.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by Duru1(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2016
Any Igbo person who remotely thinks the current rampage going on in certain parts of Nigeria is handiwork of Fulani herdsmen is a dumbass fool. These acts of mayhem allegedly credited to the Fulani herdsmen are actually masterminded by northern region and their political leaders. The question should be what did people of Uzo Uwanni do to the Fulani herdsmen to warrant such attack by 500 armed men? Are the Fulani herdsmen greater in number than the cattle that are being herded? Mind you that 500 is battalion strength in any standard army. Ndiigbo should look beyond the so-called Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by jpphilips(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2016
freeze001:
Just imagine! This is damning evidence of the complicity of the security agencies. They were given ample notice and logistics and yet they turned blind eyes, deliberately allowing and even providing cover for the idiots. They deliberately arrived in time to forestall reprisals after innocent citizens had been murdered, injured and displaced with properties looted and burnt!

The fact that the same heads of security agencies for the state still occupy their offices and there is no sign of an investigation by the Army, Police, DSS and others to determine why despite credible intelligence, the attacks still occurred at the magnitude which they did only means one thing: that they acted under instructions from higher quarters to remain put and not attempt to protect the targeted area at the material time; they are in fact being rewarded for a job well done!

The panel of judicial inquiry now set up had better be thorough and among other things, recommend immediate disciplinary action and redeployment of the heads of security agencies in the state who deliberately delivered up indigenes of Igboland in Enugu State to be murdered and injured. It should also recommend immediate disarmament and confinement of all cattle rearers in the state as well as routine, unannounced checks/searches of all Hausa-Fulani communities in Enugu State for seizure of illegal arms and immediate prosecution of any of them found in possession of such arms.

Foolishness is not a virtue
Re: Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack by freeze001(f): 1:54pm On May 02, 2016
jpphilips:

Foolishness is not a virtue

Glad u realise it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female IDPs Turn To Prostitution To Survive - Borno Civil Society Organisations / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode / Governor Akeredolu Sings For Wole Soyinka, Others, Performs For Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.