Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday (14536 Views)

Saraki Unveils What Nigerians Should Expect From N’assembly In 2017 / N’assembly To Re-work N7.29tn Budget –reps Spokesman / Senators, Reps Lament Cash Crunch In N’assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by Hillzy(m): 11:23am On Apr 30, 2016
Tt

1 Like

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by saintmark88(m): 11:24am On Apr 30, 2016
I really wanna appreciate the executive for standing their ground, these senators think we r foo. ls, they think they can play us like they did In d past, thank God for Buhari who has exposed them, Buhari remains d right man to rule this country. After Buhari, why next, thts my only fear right now, We need radical leaders in this country, pple Tht cNt b bullied.... I think el-rufai is another stubborn leader........

6 Likes

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by DrLuv: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2016
sai buhari..the naija system is grossly corrupt..santification of the system no be 4yrs thing..continue buhari..God dey uour back.set the foundation for a better naija.we will get there someday.make God expose and punish all sabotuers

4 Likes

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by Remii(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2016
Jambana:
Budget of corruption
continue

1 Like

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by topsam1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
Like seriously speaking, i hardly complain on social media, but i do follow up...after four yrs of the present admin, i access and decide who to vote...we must all give support to the present administration so they wont have excuse...God bless PMB God bless nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by menxer: 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Wailing wailers/zombies how market?

Where is team #bringbackourcorruption?

Now who has the last laugh?

This goes to show that it takes political will to rule Nigeria and get the right things done.

See what GEJ did when a similar thing happened in his administration:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/4633-jonathan_threatens_to_sack_heads_of_mdas_for_distorting_2012_bud.html

3 Likes

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by hushshinani(m): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
Who are all these people commenting on this post without wisdom? I can't imagine reading a post here without seeing an atom of Tribalism!!!! Uncivilized Blacks..Oh Black Monkeys.

Tell them jare... Hush!!!
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by folks4luv(f): 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
it is so sad that we fail to learn, it is so obvious that both the executive and legislature are guilty, they are playing chess with the future of our nation and we are so blinded by sentiments and tribal bigotry to see it. ask yourself, was the first budget presented to NASS faulty? who are the people responsible for the fault?
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by noblegrex: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2016
Luckylife:
Bro saraki and buhari are of APC members , legislative are mostly occupied by APC members, And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Wise question a non zombie will ask him or herself , who are they fooling and taking for a ride of shameful return? Definitely I must not be one ! Are u ?
even common sense is not common.its a shame. Abeg what class are you.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by aloeman15(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
You people are funny o.
Govt submits padded budget, they're not to blame.
The nass adds their own 'pads', you blame them.
How fa na?
Meanwhile, all na d same pati all of dem dey.
Yet, buhari is working?!
If he'd done a competent job in the FIRST place, would our lives not be a whole lot better?
And over the years, how many opposition party members can you list as having protested against budget paddings?
Or did they partake of the bribes?
And if so, are they then not the corrupt people we should be sending to jail?
Except of course, if they're now apc and old things are passed away...
DropShot:
PMB na their mama's husband!

This 2016 budget is the first time in the history on our current democracy we've not heard of any report of the executives bribing NASS with Ghana-Must-Go stuffed with dollars for easy passage. As such, the corrupt legislooters found it too tough to accept. They considered it an affront which they must confront, hence the padding. But they underestimated the General at their own peril.

If we've learnt anything from Buhari, we must already know that he sticks to his guns once he is convinced of his position. He is very dogged and unyielding on such issues dear to him and that has helped him to build a reputation that can only be wished for by his haters!

He unrelentingly contested for the highest office four times without minding all the insults, lies and disparaging from the opposition. He eventually became an elected president.

He refused to devalue the Naira which would have effectively submerged us in recession. Today, the economy has more hope of surviving because of it but haters don't know.

I am very very confident that PMB remains the only hope of straightening Nigeria and our ways.

WE ONLY NEED TO BE PATIENT WITH THIS ENIGMA.
omenka:
Nothing terrifies the Wailing Broilers more than this budget.

They are scared with its implementation, there'd be a roll-back on all their lies an negative propaganda against this hard working government.

They would have preferred a penny wasn't going to their regions so they can mount their dirty horses and ride all across the globe screaming "Baba hates us!! We told you so but you wouldn't listen!!"

Demons, most of them.

1 Like

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by 989900: 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
DropShot:

So, would you prefer a house (APC) united to conceal their budget padding and thievery against the common man like you while you receive crumbs at the expense of their affluence living?

Na wa for una reasoning oo.

I swear, I can't deal . . .

1 Like

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by dayomike(m): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
My question is, will the corrected version contain the controversial Lagos-Calabar modernisation rail line?
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by topsam1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
dayomike:
My question is, will the corrected version contain the controversial Lagos-Calabar modernisation rail line?

We hope so
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by CoolAmbience(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
DropShot:

This 2016 budget is the first time in the history on our current democracy we've not heard of any report of the executives bribing NASS with Ghana-Must-Go stuffed with dollars for easy passage. As such, the corrupt legislooters found it too tough to accept. They considered it an affront which they must confront, hence the padding. But they underestimated the General at their own peril.

If we've learnt anything from Buhari, we must already know that he sticks to his guns once he is convinced of his position. He is very dogged and unyielding on such issues dear to him and that has helped him to build a reputation that can only be wished for by his haters!

He unrelentingly contested for the highest office four times without minding all the insults, lies and disparaging from the opposition. He eventually became an elected president.

He refused to devalue the Naira which would have effectively submerged us in recession. Today, the economy has more hope of surviving because of it but haters don't know.

I am very very confident that PMB remains the only hope of straightening Nigeria and our ways.

You are not only knowledgeable and intelligent but also articulate and insightful. Your kinds are what we need to sustain the current developmental 'jump-start' that President Buhari is giving the ailing 'machinery' called the Nigerian economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by macino1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
DropShot:

Hmm. In as much as I want to be hopeful, a part of me always remind me of the too many uncertainties, distrust, etc that is characterizing the political space of Nigeria.
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by macherie1: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
What change are we looking for in a government that does not have an approved budget 4 months into the year?Governance in Nigeria is a joke. We are more like an auto run economy. Our leaders are just a bunch of jokers.
Re: Budget: N’assembly To Return Corrected Details To Buhari Saturday by TGM2015: 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
theV0ice:

Budgets over the years have always been padded by a consortium of civil servants, ministers and legislators.

Why the scandal blew over now is because of Saraki trial and buhari's refusal to include ghana-must-go in the package as was the norm.

See it under GEJ who even confessed that it had been a practice since he entered as VP in 2007 but nothing was done and i doubt whether anybody was sanctioned

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/4633-jonathan_threatens_to_sack_heads_of_mdas_for_distorting_2012_bud.html
Thank you for the link.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mob Attack Injures 8 Government Officials In Imo / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) / Matawalle And Yari Sign Peace Accord (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.