Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) (14552 Views)

Victor Banjo Was Killed By Ojukwu Because He Spoke Yoruba With Awolowo / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen / Bruce Mayrock Memorial Building By Ojukwu: Bianca Fulfils A Promise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
We've come across a video by Ikemba Ojukwu, making rounds online of the genesis of the distrust between Igbo's and Yoruba's.

How Northern Nigerian delayed Nigeria's Independence and how Igbo's were massacred in the North.

Watch The Video

https://twitter.com/jacksonpbn/status/1158820962818805763

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by GMbuharii: 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
We know who the betrayers are.... I no mensan any name o....
grin

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by chiagozien(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
ok ok
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by mrvitalis(m): 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
The invention of social media is the worst thing to hit the yoruba midea houses , truth can be gotten in few mins

U betrayed a man , took his leadership few moments later want to form a government with him and expect him to trust u .....only a dumb fool would think that

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by njoku10(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
wow
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by HisSexcellency(m): 10:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
The lack of trust and mutual animosity between the yorubas and igbos can never end. We might try to conceal it or make a joke out of it but the reality remains with us and will forever be a bane to both tribes collective goals

10 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
mrvitalis:
The invention of social media is the worst thing to hit the yoruba midea houses , truth can be gotten in few mins

U betrayed a man , took his leadership few moments later want to form a government with him and expect him to trust u .....only a dumb fool would think that

Social media destroying all Western propaganda...

Lies fit travel millions of miles ...e no take truth nothing to catch up.

By the time internet finish dealing with them...on their own..they go humble.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Lizzysamuel(f): 10:07am On Aug 07, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by BlackfireX: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2019
What.

This revelation dismantle a lot of bundled lies

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by muykem: 11:28am On Aug 07, 2019
Igbo and Yoruba are parallel line that can never meet. While one approach issues based on emotion without seat down to evaluate repercussions the other believe that end justify the means.
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2019
Awolowo is the father of modern day tribalism.

Nothing good can be linked to that man.

Tribalism, suicide name any bad attributes he has it.

If not what would have prompted even people in SW to vote azikiwe instead of Awolowo.

That's why they rushed to establish lagos-ibadan express newspaper to fabricate lies but today the reverse is the case.

This is an untainted account.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by jlinkd78(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2019
Thank God for d internet. Yoruba monopoly to propaganda information thrashed. Imagine Punch newspapers yday taking down from their website d report on Tinubu calling for a revolution years back

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
jlinkd78:
Thank God for d internet. Yoruba monopoly to propaganda information thrashed. Imagine Punch newspapers yday taking down from their website d report on Tinubu calling for a revolution years back

Is a heavy blow to them

Very hard to recover.

Who doesn't know about lagos-ibadan express newspapers.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Is a heavy blow to them

Very hard to recover.

Who doesn't know about lagos-ibadan express newspapers.
Well they have been able to control information. And can spread propaganda easily

That's one thing i admire about them. Because information is also power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Well they have been able to control information. And can spread propaganda easily

That's one thing i admire about them. Because information is also power

In the 60's not now again oga.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by helinues: 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
In Phill Collins voice - One side of the story

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

In the 60's not now again oga.
You may think so but believe me even uptil now their media house is still effective

They are the ones that packaged and rebranded buhari. And the whole change mantra

Without the likes of tinubu who is a major stakeholder in media; buhari wouldn't have won jonathan

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

You may think so but believe me even uptil now their media house is still effective

They are the ones that packaged and rebranded buhari. And the whole change mantra

Without the likes of tinubu who is a major stakeholder in media; buhari wouldn't have won jonathan

Oga not true.
Nothing was packaged.

North voted west voted and voted counted.

No media packaging.

Not possible again this day.

World of Internet has deflated that.

17 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
AFONJAS always sitting on the fence...

19 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2019
I’m sorry to say but you are clueless.
Awolowo was not the tribalistic one. Zik actually was.
Let me take you to school a little:
Your question was what would have prompted West people to vote Azikiwe and not Awolowo? The West voted NCNC the party they started with Herbert Macaulay as founder. Herbert Macaulay, a Yoruba, was the head and without any tribalism gave Zik the party leadership when he died. The NCNC was the biggest party then. Won in the East and the West. There was no Midwest yet then. Ojukwu is mixing timelines here. However Zik should have left the West for the Yorubas that founded the party. However he wanted to rule from Lagos, being the capital. Which was in the West. Hence wanted to be premier in the West as well. This would have led to a situation where Igbos were ruling in both including the West where the Yorubas that founded the party were.
Of course that was not acceptable to the Yorubas. If you are wondering why that was not acceptable, would you found something and then because your founder died and a “foreigner” was leader, abdicate all rights to even your own land?
Isn’t the right to rule your own land what Igbos and Yorubas are clamoring for now and hating the Fulani herdsmen for trampling up and down? So that is a basic want of a people? Self-determination and self-representation?
Ask yourself, why didn’t Zik offer the Western region to the Yoruba deputy Ogunsanya (of the Adeniran Ogunsanya famous street in Lagos) instead of trying to be greedy for his own tribe?
Only a greedy person would want everything to be in his tribe’s favor but that seems okay to most Igbos since they appear to be very greedy.
The Yorubas voted along party lines and voted NCNC, their party they founded. It took Awolowo to convince them overnight that Zik was greedy and they voted with their feet. I’m sure convincing them must have been easy since Zik had in 1949 at an Igbo National Congress speech said the God of Igbo had destined them to dominate Nigeria and Africa. If Zik had given the premiership to a Yoruba man, NCNC would have won the West.
The problem was Zik who saw nothing wrong with putting an Igbo man as premier of the East and then an Igbo man as premier of the West despite the fact that a Yoruba man founded the party and he inherited it from a Yoruba man. He had no sense of justice and fairness and was rightly put in his place

MelesZenawi:

If not what would have prompted even people in SW to vote azikiwe instead of Awolowo.

That's why they rushed to establish lagos-ibadan express newspaper to fabricate lies but today the reverse is the case.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Guestlander: 5:29am On Aug 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ignorance of the highest order. This was a parliamentary system and it is perfectly legal under this system for two or more parties to form a coalition in order to form a government.
Thre same process produced the government led by Balewa and Zik.

9 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by SamNaijaboy: 5:46am On Aug 08, 2019
When has an Igbo man founded something and given it to the Yorubas to lead like Herbert Macaulay did? And we started the politics of tribalism? Zik held on to NCNC with nepotism lens until it became an Igbo party
Mostly the Igbo like to think they are smarter than you and will try to offer you a horrible deal and then take offense when you reject it.
Let’s talk Biafra. When the first constitution was being drafted, the rest of the country wanted a peace secession clause. How a region can leave peacefully. Only Zik opposed it. Fast forward 12 years, the country was fighting a war to try to achieve what could have been done peacefully except for Zik.
Why was Zik so bent on the country being together?
Who abolished the regional powers and came up with confederacy? Ironsi an Igbo man.
So why did it seem that the Igbo not only wanted the country to be together by force for ever but wanted things centralized? They assumed they would dominate the union.
When outwitted by the North, they took out all the leaders of the North on the first coup. Including Westeen leaders. And forgot to kill theirs

SamNaijaboy:
I’m sorry to say but you are clueless.
Awolowo was not the tribalistic one. Zik actually was.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by EagleNest(m): 5:52am On Aug 08, 2019
Interesting
Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:
The lack of trust and mutual animosity between the yorubas and igbos can never end. We might try to conceal it or make a joke out of it but the reality remains with us and will forever be a bane to both tribes collective goals

Our ancestors saw them for who they are. If you read Igbo history, they rarely rarely engaged Afonjas even in communities where both actually went to trade aka Benin. Our ancestors, although had very little engagement, avoided them like a plague incomparison to other tribes. Now, when you see the shit behaviors of Afonja and the level of wickedness, evilness and hatred they display towards Igbo, it shows that our ancestors were right to stay the hell away from them. The fucking British bleeped that up and may they rot in hell for that. May Lord Luggard and any person that helped him create this shithole rot in hell. Likewise, may Zik also rot in hell for being too ignorant to see the evil he's associating his people with. He's pan African mentality was his blindness. I'm all for African unity, shit I support that to the T and even fight for it but definitely not a unity with Afonja. Those people have shown their true colors more than once and they are fucking demons as they are nicknamed.

15 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 6:09am On Aug 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The bold is a huge FACT even non Igbos says the same thing regarding Awolowo. He brought in the tribal politics played in Niggeria politics. Ironically, each of their politicians still display that behavior in which they call "Awoism"

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
Sanusi
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-says-sanusi-lamido-sanusi/

As the leader of the NCNC, Azikiwe was to be the first premier of Western Nigeria following the elections of 1951, with Obafemi Awolowo, a Yoruba, the leader of the AG, as the leader of the opposition in the House of Assembly. It should be recalled, with profound sadness, that prominent Yoruba traditional leaders and political elites exerted pressure on a number of Yorubas elected on the NCNC platform to "cross carpet" in the House and join the AG, in order to deny Azikiwe the premiership in favour of Awolowo. The concept of "carpet crossing" was thus introduced into Nigerian political discourse. Azikiwe had assumed the leadership of the NCNC following the death of Herbert Macaulay, a Yoruba. There would have been no basis for "carpet crossing" if Macaulay, and not Azikiwe, were elected premier of the West on the NCNC platform in 1951.
As a result of this blatant injection of ethnicism into Nigerian politics, Azikiwe was compelled to "return home" to the East where he became the premier of the government. It is safe to postulate that, were it not for this event, the post 1951 development of Nigerian politics could have been spared much of the instability and crisis the country has experienced.
Igho
http://www.dawodu.net/igho.htm

Nigeria’s problems started with Awo’s introduction of tribal politics
Unogo
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/nigerias-problems-started-awos-introduction-tribal-politics-unongo/amp/

8 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 08, 2019
mrvitalis:

You just got it right. They used print media to sell propaganda to many back then but now, social media has cut them to size. I don't believe in certain things until they affect me personally. I've heard of SW betrayal and backstabbing but I never believed in stereotypes until I had two incidents, one during my youth service and another not too long ago.
It's become a norm that even foreigners are now aware of this backstabbing and betrayal thing of the SWesterners.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Ikenna0b:

Our ancestors saw them for who they are. If you read Igbo history, they rarely rarely engaged Afonjas even in communities where both actually went to trade aka Benin. Our ancestors, although had very little engagement, avoided them like a plague incomparison to other tribes. Now, when you see the shit behaviors of Afonja and the level of wickedness, evilness and hatred they display towards Igbo, it shows that our ancestors were right to stay the hell away from them. The fucking British bleeped that up and may they rot in hell for that. May Lord Luggard and any person that helped him create this shithole rot in hell. Likewise, may Zik also rot in hell for being too ignorant to see the evil he's associating his people with. He's pan African mentality was his blindness. I'm all for African unity, shit I support that to the T and even fight for it but definitely not a unity with Afonja. Those people have shown their true colors more than once and they are fucking demons as they are nicknamed.

Afonjas are naturally insecure. Even Luggard talked about it... he has never met a people as insecure and self centered as Afonjas. I don't know of any sensible Igbo or even SS that likes to deal with afonjas. Even in abroad, they know we don't like to associate with them! I don't even let my kids around them. I'll let my kids around Hausa-Fulani before afonja. Why? As one Nairalander put it "Hausa-Fulani only fear Igbo's domination but they have zero jealousy or envy for Igbos. But Afonjas not only fear Igbo domination, they envy Igbos with passion. Envy is deadly, someone can kill you because of envy." These people are naturally wicked; they don't know God and God has never known them!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 6:23am On Aug 08, 2019
Lizzysamuel:
We've come across a video by Ikemba Ojukwu, making rounds online of the genesis of the distrust between Igbo's and Yoruba's.

How Northern Nigerian delayed Nigeria's Independence and how Igbo's were massacred in the North.

Watch The Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8JjQQ-fq8Y

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Interesting report. Awolowo was equally the pioneer of the rigging in Niggeria's elections yet, for long now people have been blaming the Northerners for that. The Northerners may have perfected it but, they were not the initial start up. Rather interesting reveal. Thank God for the creation of the internet. I wish the video was longer, I would have loved to hear what he was about to say regarding the description the BBC gave it.

11 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Liquid2Metal: 6:32am On Aug 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by nothingspoil70: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2019
Ojukwu the cry cry baby, the first wailer in chief the runaway chicken of Biafra people I salute
Believe one side of a story at your own peril; One day, Awolowo and other stakeholders version of this story will come online and the gullible and lazy ipob youths he left behind would be dumbfounded

5 Likes

Re: Genesis Of Distrust Between Igbo's And Yoruba's — By Ojukwu (Video) by Ikenna0b: 6:47am On Aug 08, 2019
Success1020:

I don't know of any sensible Igbo or even SS that likes to deal with afonjas. Even in abroad, they know we don't like to associate with them! I don't even let my kids around them. I'll let my kids around Hausa-Fulani before afonja. Why? As one Nairandr put it "Hausa-Fulani only fear Igbo's domination but they have zero jealousy or envy for Igbos. But Afonjas not only fear Igbo domination, they envy Igbos with passion. Envy is deadly, someone can kill you because of envy."

My sentiments exactly. I keep reading on social media, especially Facebook, from Abokis wailing on how Igbos hate them blah blah. I lost count how many times I've seen this shit even on Igbos post. The shit even makes me laugh cause contrary to their believes most Igbos have nothing against them. Their problem and our problem is simply cultural difference and religion. Shit, I can say I don't like Afonjas but I can't say the same for Hausa-Fulanis. I can say I don't associate cause I don't like how they roll but I can't say I don't like them..

Honestly, I think most igbo very likely have the same mentality. We shouldn't have been in the same country with them either cause honestly, I believe if Igbos and Hausa-Fulani didn't have to share Niggeria, there's very likely likely would have been less animosity between the two. I rarely rarely ever see an Igbo bashing the Hausa-Fulani of other countries. Like here in US, I literally see Igbos avoiding the Hausa or Fulanis from Niggeria that they see here but, you rarely see the same when the said person is Hausa-Fulani from another country.
For example: A close friend of mine from my observation can't stand the Hausa-Fulani.. like dude has nothing positive to say about Hausa-Fulani of Niggeria yet ironically, one of his best friend is a Guinea Fulani...like dead ass closest friend is fulani. Should have never been a country together as long as we're in the same country, that cultural/religious difference will continuously create conflicts. For Afonjas though, nah. They shady as Bleep..

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Body Mass Index Now Criterion For Promotion, Says Navy / Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life / MKO ABIOLA Was A Selfish And Corrupt Polictician Who Had Selfish Interests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.