Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? (8223 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2006
hey people,, as anybody asked this guy what he's worth, there are two sides to a coin, my guy what do u worth?, what is your perception about life? what kind of job are we talking about here,

when i was in Nigeria, my first job didn't pay me kobo, i worked for 5months without a pay but i had endless time on the internet which i used to my advantage, before the end of my second year in the organisation(after i was offered 20,000/mth) i got another job on the island, i was made the marketing manager with a salary of 50,000/mth and a car.
I got admission to study in england with a full scholarship using free internet from the company that never paid me and the company that gave me a good job actually got to know me through this company.

Life is a lesson.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Seun(m): 8:04am On Nov 25, 2006
i worked for 5 months without pay but i had endless time on the internet

This is exactly what I meant by "career development opportunities" in my earlier post. It's worth thousands!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by bolaoni(m): 9:59am On Nov 25, 2006
are you sure it is tons & not mills? I'd gotten unlimited opps from home and abroad since i startd
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by KDK(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2006
@ uche_uche & cosby,
Why una dey beef me? Is it an offence to let him have a mini scenario to help his decision making? Ok, may be i said too much. Sorry that I pissed you guys off. Make una no vex wink

@ Otokx, Seun and followers,
Your school of thot seem to be the most rationale and deepest, the fact is that some peeps advising him not to take the job has never been in a situation were u don't have a dime and u don't even have N20 to feed.If only you know what it is to almost stand on the street and beg for money for upkeep, you wouldn't tell him what u just did. Life cud sometimes be hardknock hence my fully agreeing with Seun and others.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by geevibe(f): 11:11am On Nov 25, 2006
5k! what kind of employer of labour would deem it fit to pay a graduate 5k a month, we are talking about 31days here!
People who want him to take it cos they've had similar experience must have had it wen times were good.now 5k would not even buy u a good shirt and trousers and shoe to go with it no matter how Cheap!
Be wise my brother! I'ld rather work for free n call d shots than work 4 5k and be slave to someone else. Set a standard for Yourself,you did not go to school to come out n work for 5k.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by KDK(m): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2006
@ geevibe,
Have you ever been without money and no hope of getting any from relatives and friends?We said if he has no other source of sustaining himself, he should take it based on the circumspective advise given by Seun and others. Dat way, atleast he can get a square meal a day without having to beg or steal. Not everyone has good friends and relatives that u may be taking for granted.Anything is better than ntn as long as it is not illegal.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by vassilli(m): 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2006
am presently servin in jalingo taraba state
this sort of arguement ensued btw i and my neighbors
wat pained me most was dat dey dint argue like graduates
dey dint argue logically and objectively
hw d hell will a graduate earn 5k per month?
dats not even enuf to pay t.p
y must me subject ourselves to these greedy enterprenuers
cos we are desperate to get a job?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ronkebaby(f): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2006
why not? do not despise the days of small beginnings the bible advises. you are at least doing something and that is a seed on which God would build greater things. so go for it as there is dignity in labour!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by hbrednic: 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2006
they talk say half bread is better than kwuli kwuli,u have to go for it, to keep ur mind and a soul together.its is stepping stone.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by boladonas(m): 11:27pm On Nov 25, 2006
Please my brother, theres something called starters humility
and if u take that job u can only go forward.
However in the meantime please send me your CV
and lets see if I can find something better than 5k per month for u.

send ur CV to boladonas@yahoo.com Pls indicate ur Nairaland user name
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by soulpatrol(f): 12:55am On Nov 26, 2006
na wa o.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by soulpatrol(f): 1:19am On Nov 26, 2006
5k is kind of small, but then again, if the job is going to offer you good working skills and experience, go for it, learn what you can and in the process look for a better one. we all have to start from somwhere. being a graduate doesn't always guarantee you a good job soon as you come out of school. sometimes its just a matter of luck or privilege. nevertheless, work hard towards your goal and you will surely get there. good luck. cool
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by otokx(m): 3:46am On Nov 26, 2006
@cool4ny

nice testimony
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Seun(m): 7:50am On Nov 26, 2006
why must we subject ourselves to these greedy enterprenuers
because we are desperate to get a job?
Because you're too lazy to create your own jobs. Jobs do not appear out of thin air. Somebody creates them. Why can't that somebody be you? It's up to you to make yourself useful to the society so the society can reward you with money. Nobody owes you a job - I don't owe anybody a job, except myself, and neither do you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by soulpatrol(f): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2006
true talk seun. some of us dont realize that we can actually be entrepreneurs and create jobs for ourselves. i think we just don't know how to go about doing it. most people just prefer a ready-made job as opposed to having to create one for themselves. we can actually be our own boss instead of working for some yeye person that will tell us what to do. any tips, mr seun? cool
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ronkebaby(f): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2006
Seun:

Because you're too lazy to create your own jobs. Jobs do not appear out of thin air. Somebody creates them. Why can't that somebody be you? It's up to you to make yourself useful to the society so the society can reward you with money. Nobody owes you a job - I don't owe anybody a job, except myself, and neither do you.

but seun, not every one has the means to start something now. even thou they have the ideas, most pple from tattered homes would find it difficult to raise the needed capital. so they have to work and give themselves a little target if only to raise the money.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by bolaoni(m): 12:11am On Nov 27, 2006
here we go again! read this: "Empty pocket neva hold a man down, it is empty HEADS that do that."
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 27, 2006
You are an embodiment of embarrassment to the average nigerian graduate, it is the likes of you who give employers the the believe that anything goes for the nigerian graduate. Don't even think of it brother. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by benzion72(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2006
I like everybody comment on this topic for and against it, the root cause of this problem is our education curriculum it is designed to produce lame duck after more than twenty years of schooling all nigeria graduate think is how to get a salary job that is not available anywhere again the little that is available is giving to the prieveledge few. Friend i do not pity you for you are not a subject of pity you are a man endowed by your maker you are fearfully and wonderfully made think of what you can do for yourself use your head, use your brain, come up with idea that can propel you to greatness but if all you can think about now is 5000tousnad naira job so be it but i want to assure you that there are better thing you can do that we earn you more than 5000 thousand naira in a month. You see atimes we need to drop the toga of graduate. Who is a graduate? somebody that spent 5 years in the university or polytechnic, friend that era is gone when you ill paid for what you know and not for what you do with what you know.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by gidig(m): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2006
@benzion 72

Touche my bro. Touche!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by gidig(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2006
One of the defects of our educational system. A few months ago, I was invited to am alma mater and I went with two people.one is an entrepreneur whose business runs into million every year;the other is a banker.When they were introduced to the gathering of almost a thousand undergraduates,there was so much applause for the banker the moment his bank was mentioned and the applause for the business owner was barely audible. The banker-who daily dreams of owning his own business was so shocked that people will accord more respect to him than a guy who owns his own business.

That really is what the educational system has made people to become.I have owned my own business along with my partners for years and I think it requires just as much energy to do it your own way as it is to work in a high paying job. The whole concept of security that the pay packet guarantees can sometime be a myth.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2006
The whole concept of security that the pay packet guarantees can sometime be a myth.
Sometimes? I disagree. Job security is always a myth! The only people that have job security are those that would have been able to start their own businesses if they wanted to. The rest can be fired anytime.

but seun, not every one has the means to start something now. even thou they have the ideas, most people from tattered homes would find it difficult to raise the needed capital. so they have to work and give themselves a little target if only to raise the money.
1) Find a problem around you that is yet to be solved - that will be your business.
2) Look for an affordable solution to the problem - that solution will be your product.
3) Find people who are willing to pay for your solution - these will be your customers.
4) Profit!

It is not easy to be a businessperson, especially when you've not been doing it in the past, but once you succeed the sky will be your limit. There is no salary cap in the business world; no limit to what you can earn. If it is difficult to find a job, and similarly difficult to run a business, why not go for the one that pays you better?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by amodu(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2006
I wil advise you take the job.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by bolaoni(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2006
I think how we see education should be redefined!

Somebody was saying some pple didn't reason like graduates, I wonder how graduates reasons ooo.

We all need to understand that the era of go to school and get a job is past gone! Jobs are getting harder to find every passing day, so the best thing to do is to create your own job and work at it till it get working!

People want to enjoy but dem no wan suffer? NO PAIN, NO GAIN!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by olatos(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2006
shocked shocked This is quite RIDICULOUS, 5k for what.PLEASE ADD VALUE TO UR SELF.U Khan still SEARCH,BELIEVE IN GOD AND BELIEVE IN UR SELF.Ciao, smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by babyboy2(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
5k per month for a graduate? Question
Answer No comment.Thank u very much
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by mrpataki(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2006
Let me tell you this straight, i have once been in a job that lasted me 9 months without pay. I did it for what is called  Continuing Professional Development(CPD). So my sugeestion to you is this please get the job, it might be what you need to set you on the edge above your equals in the nearest future. Moreso, do it for the experience and the knowledge not necessarily for the money even though that as well is essential.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ekunit(f): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2006
@ olatos

And in the meantime WHAT? You will be sending him some part of your income? cheesy
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Bigtee(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2006
Dont sell yourself cheap, N5,000 a month is a rip off. It is not complusory to work. u can start ur business. its not do or die. accept the best becaue u deserve the best.
N5K is too bad REJECT IT
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by naija4life(f): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2006
This is pathetic, don't you dare take it. It can only succeed in bringing you down. I told my uncle about your case and he's willing to help. He works as an education consultant in VI and also agent foe many UK and European Universities. He said he can pay you 15,000/month as a clerical staff, doesn't really entail much. Get in touch with me so i can direct you to him can't do it on this forum cos of stalkers. It doesn't matter which cause you studied except your CGPA shouldn't be less than 2.5

On the other hand, i can also personally help, My school EMU presently pays sub-agents in Nigeria a $150 (app. 20,000Naira) for each student you're able to convince to study here, its that simple.

Anyways, gotta stop here till you respond, but be fast as Spring Admission has started in earnest

Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by niyooo(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2006
The guy didn't inform us what qualifications he has and what kind of job he is supposed to be doing for 5k and why he is so desperate for a job to even consider the offer at all. I think that will help us advise him better but my own take based on what is that for a graduate, 5k is not worth it unless as some people posted there are other incentives attached and he has no other means of sustaining himself.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Kashif(m): 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2006
It is a very big game of ridicule! 5k? You will be so 'busy' doing nothing. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Career Switch Dilemma / Beneficiaries Of 2014 Nigerian Civil Defense Promotion Still Receiving Old Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.