Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? (8224 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by tenik: 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2007
bunmii:

i think N5000 is an insult, keep looking for your own job. N5000 is low for a univerity graduate
hmmm, wat makes u think dats not his job, you only talk from ur perspective but always learn to put urself in other people,s shoe cos without 5k he might just be idle, and am sure only God rewards hardwork not idleness
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by dafidixone(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2007
Hello,

I will like to let you know that it is criminally small amount that you have been offered and for a person of your status I think it is rediculous.

However, one will not say you should stay without nothing. My candid opinion will be that look for little capital N5,000 can start buying and selling to make something for yourself. No matter how little their will be dignity. Never sold you self into slaveryt my friend. Wake up to the reality of our time be a boss of your self first then you can be a boss to others.

God bless you dear.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Babahimsef(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2007
my advice. pls be strong .it's not your fault that things are the way they are.be positive but do not limit yourself keep your search you will find grater ok? naira land is there for you keep in touch.your God have ceen your effort you can not end like a nobody.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 2:05am On Mar 22, 2007
You have to start from somewhere.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by crito(m): 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2007
na wa oh,
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by MAYORIN1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2007
5000 grin - that one go hard small o.

But if the work will help gain experience but build is career then no wahala.

Take for exmaple if a B.Sc Computer Science student is too work with a Software dvelopment company for N5000, if can decide to opt for the job if he considers what he stand to gain from it.

Skills, Internet Access, exposure and free lunch cool
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Chiori(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2007
why did you graduate at all?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by otuonye(m): 7:26am On May 22, 2007
my brother,

the amount small well well ooo, but if you do not have an alternative for now, just manage am dey pay trasport, so that you go dey comot for house.

Continue to make contacts to leave that job [at least, you are now conversant with places like nairaland]. Very soon you will get a better job

BOREDOM KILLS. If you doubt it, try it

Jojo
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Lawijo(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2007
My brother,
N5,000 is nothing o. I am almost certain this will not even cover your transportation cost, let alone feeding yourself.
Like someone mentioned earlier, boredom is not the best either.
Why not take up some voluntary work ie old people' home, motherless babies home, salvation army. This way you will be involved in something that is highly socially responsible and at the same show to prospective future employers that you are willing and ready to work. You will also develop a routine and descipline you will need when you eventually get a job.
Why not drop me an e-mail @ amster_1@hotmail.com
Goodluck brother!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 4:43am On Jun 02, 2007
Half bread is better than non,
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by moondust(m): 12:57pm On Jun 05, 2007
rubbish!!! are u out of your mind?
don't  listen to what all these small minded folks are telling u.
Aim higher because there's something better out there for you
even pure water sellers make more than that in a month
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by skylo(f): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2007
the lord says,he will provide fo us according to his riches in glory.after3 has said it all.pls dont ever accept such an offer.
may the good lord provide you with a befitting job soonest.it is well guy
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 6:04am On Jul 11, 2007
You said he should not take the job. ok after that what will he be doing?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by deor03(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2007
DO NOT TAKE THE JOB OH. IT WILL ENSLAVE YOUR MENTALITY.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by 2dye4(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2007
if u go ahead and take d job, i guess u av what u call work experience rite? but in future, should u decide to move elsewhere (i knw u will anyway cos i dont c u surviving on that stipend in modern nigeria), how do u think i would look when asked about ur past remuneration by your would-de employer? it mite automatically short-sell u!

beside a job of 5k for a graduate is no job, its a slave camp, pls don't take it.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2007
Bros, you better take the job. You can be working there, while looking for a better offer else where.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ashewo(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2007
texazzpete:

someone posted something about a job, he didn't see fit to provide more info about himself and his qualifications etc and hasn't even contributed to the discussion. i for one am of the opinion that the guy's just a rabble rouser looking for some cheap popularity.

anyway, just in case you really mean it,  i don't agree with y'all that advocate his taking the job, or working without pay. working without pay is only an option if there's a clear indication that you'll get something out of it.
as a graduate, taking 5k a month is definitely selling yourself short, it's self abasement on an astronomicl scale to stoop that low. I mean, it's a lot better to sell recharge cards or take photos, at least then you know you're your own boss.

develop yourself and persevere. that's my advice.

Why would you think he is a rabble rouser looking for some cheap popularity.??
He may not have had access to the internet, you know they way niaja is?? angry
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by opensource(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2007
be self employeed rather than settling for 5000 thats bullshit

even those that didnt complete secondary schools get more than that this days

Calling attendant in a phone center

Sales girls / Boys in a boutique or supermarket

many other places for u to earn above that

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THINK IS THAT YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH

as a Uni Graduate i believe you should

so in that case better not take that jobbb oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by nuram: 7:27am On Aug 04, 2007
Nura
Well! I'm a graduate n salary ainer as a matter of fact 5000 is what I'm paying every month for my blackberry subscriotion of which I'm using to browse internet on my phone n even sending this msg. Geatefulness of who so ever should accept such a job would open more ways for one cos that was what I was aining before getting my preset job. Let's be grateful .
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ishmael(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2007
Better flee away from that kind of job. it's better for you to start making GSM calls with your mobile phone; you will definitely make that 5k in 2 weeks. Sebi u said u were a graduate?? Please let you graduateship be seen reflecting in you; you can do better things with your knowledge and skills to earn a living than doing a job of 5k in this present day Nigeria. It's an insult jo.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by giorgie(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2007
accept it , and count ur blessings.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ola4u: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2007
Hello all

5000 naira !! listen to my own opinion.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by tonia2000(f): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
I will rather work for charity cos 5,000 in our Nigeria today and even for a graduate will not do.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Chiori(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2007
Don't worry. By January 1 2008 if you are given a job that pays N5000 monthly, you will rush for it.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by tonia2000(f): 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2007
@chiori
You shouldnt talk this manner, rather u should think of the progress of this country.To be sincere its not funny haven't gone through the stress of schooling and eventually all u can be compensated with is 5,000 naira per month.It doesnt sound right u know. And mind u that issue of a graduate to collect 5000 by 2008 january wont apply 2 me its too late dear because presently i am happily employed.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Chiori(m): 12:01am On Sep 12, 2007
You see, I am in the networth bracket of those in their late 40s, yet I am under 30. I started out being paid 4500 mensally as at 2007. So what are you talking about? It's all about discipline and frugality.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by HUMPHERY(m): 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2007
IT ALL BOILS DOWN ON THE NATURE AND CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE JOB.IF THE JOB WILL EXPOSE ONE TO NECESSARY EXPERIENCE NEED TO LAUNCH FURTHER,WHY NOT! PEOPLE PAY TO LEARN TRADE SO IS NOT ENTIRELY DEHUMILIATING FOR ONE TO BE GIVEN A PEANUT TO ACQUIRE JUST A JOB EXPERIENCE. [i][/i]cool
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by hazeleyez(f): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2007
if its going to give you the experience u need to move on to bigger and better things, i suggest u take it.
consider it an education. unless of course it doesnt cover your transportation. although if you have someone
who will pay for you to obtain that education, take the job.

cheers
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2008
ht
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ayobase(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2009
N5K?
It is better to look for that amount
and start a small biz of mine with
effective time management!

A job of 5K with an organisation takes
not less than 8-10 hrs of one`s day.

But being alone to manage 5K
it is very yielding!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Career Switch Dilemma / Beneficiaries Of 2014 Nigerian Civil Defense Promotion Still Receiving Old Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.