Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? (8225 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by KDK(m): 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2006
@naija4life,
God bless you for that effort. It is people like you we need in this forum.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by omogenaija(f): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2006
the pay is low embarassed

but u have to start from somewhere,

something is better than nothing
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by divinemmy(m): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2006
thanks tenik, for your advise. it really encouraging and hopeful one. cos with God all things are possible. the great men and women today are the once that start from little seed to a great and multiple seeds.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by naija4life(f): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2006
Please if any of you knows the poster of this topic, tell him to get in contact with me ASAP, as i haven't heard from him and my uncle is getting impatient, being a very busy man. The contact remains naijaland@gmail.com or sms to 00905338431203. Name's Ugo Daniels wink
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by teena(f): 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2006
Believe it or not, this country is a terrible place!

All these noise about taking a 5k job depends on the class of person involved. There are some pple in this country that can spend 20k per day without itching to bring it out wheather they work or not. while some pple can stay for several months without getting anything with which to buy their soap for bathing.

I have a cousin who graduated 4rm UNICAL with 2.2, he stayed for good 10 years after service b4 getting a job of 20K last year. Within these period he tried so many other petty things to earn a living but there were not working out well because he had no capital and no one to support him. He was begging for job then no matter how small the salary may be.

So dear my advice is, instead of sitting at home doing practically nothing, start with the 5K. The experience of staying idle at home without even having any possible means of income is not worth having, I've had the experience some time ago, it was terrible. Its worst when you live in a public yard, pple will tend to look at you as an irresponsible person or a failure. But if you go out every morning, no matter how little you earn at the end of the month, you will have your prestige.

I knew of a lady in Lagos who after her ND, she couldnt get her dream job, she then picked a security job with BEMIL, the pay was very small but she was posted to COWBELL where she was staying at the entrance door. After some months, she made a better contact there and got a bigger job at abuja, Now she is riding a car and living comfortably.

Anny way, I WISH YOU GOODLUCK!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by domwas2(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2006
hi brother,though i can't say go for it or not, life is simple and the same way hard,that's what it suppose to be, you dont suffer you dont learn anything, there is some selfless sacrifices to be made to achieve ones life dream, It all based on every individual.
as i can see many pple coming with different ideas and passion to becoming--- they enjoy the goal but not the process,and u y'know what? the reality of it is that the true word of improving things is the little achievement of the day and that's what u need to stay in the field - Remember? life is a process. good luck

LIFE (Process) > Little achievement of the day > Your Goal smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ogra2k2(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2006
One, I want to say congratulations for being a graduate - it isn't easy to become one.
I would have loved to know your course of study, but in the absence of that info let's continue:
Two, I believe in the principle of "Sacrifice". In life, you have to pay your dues - if not now, then later.
i also started the same way, and I know ow difficult it is to make such decisions.
I will advice that you weigh your options well. Look at the prospects of the job, what relevant experience can you get? what would be the work-life balance? would you have time to search for other opportunities?, etc.
Three, you should be able to know the difference between "Sacrificing" and "being Used" - Don't allow urself to be used!!
Finally, Pray to God to direct your path. He alone has the answer you want. We can only speculate.
Take CHARGE!!!
Cheers
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Shokoloko(f): 1:36am On Dec 02, 2006
cosby, you dont really have a right to decide whether KDK belongs in nairaland. is he not nigerian? and even if he is not, its wrong to say that. no one is more qualified than the other to be a nairalander
for the N5000 it depends on what part of the ladder of succes we are on. for those at the very last rund, N5000 is a start, but once u start climbing u'll discover that it was a rip-off smiley
rip -off or not we must not despise the days of little beginning
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by jerrymania(m): 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2006
Why would you earn N5000 when you can earn N20,000 monthly here http://richernigeria.com
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by jeemoh: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2006
little drops of water makes a mighty ocean, if u are down for it, go ahead. who knows u might make ur connections from there, my man graduates these days na just by name o
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by jaybaby(f): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2006
Please I need to submit dis on SATURDAY ---I’v searched cant seems 2 find answers

Techniques in design & dying ---plz frnds help me out
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by oge4real(f): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2006
nooooooooooooo!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by AbdulWasiu(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2006
God! This is really serious.
Life can really be unfair.
Guy, it's all you now. Weigh all the options and take a reasonable decision.
May God help you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by AbdulWasiu(m): 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2006
God! This is really serious.
Life can really be unfair.
Guy, it's all you now. Weigh all the options and take a reasonable decision.
May God help you.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Ivoo(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2006
Bros did u say 5000? A fresh graduate? what is bad about it? Life begins with a STEP. I ll advise u to accept the job and start. 5000 at the end of the month ll save u from 1 or another type of embarrasment. From there u can keep looking for a greener pasture. I'm also a graduate, I started with 4000/2004, 5000/2004 dec, 5500/2005, 7000/2006 jan, now on 10,000. still working in theat same place.

I'm not satisfy, still looking for higher pay. note that, "A BIRD AT HAND WORTH 2 OR MORE IN THE BUSH".
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by ishmael(m): 7:20am On Dec 12, 2006
Ivoo:

Bros did u say 5000? A fresh graduate? what is bad about it? Life begins with a STEP. I ll advise u to accept the job and start. 5000 at the end of the month ll save u from 1 or another type of embarrasment. From there u can keep looking for a greener pasture. I'm also a graduate, I started with 4000/2004, 5000/2004 dec, 5500/2005, 7000/2006 jan, now on 10,000. still working in theat same place.

I'm not satisfy, still looking for higher pay. note that, "A BIRD AT HAND WORTH 2 OR MORE IN THE BUSH".

Omo you try o!!. More grease to your elbow. I can predict how much your salary will be in 2007; probably 10,500.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by culasi(m): 12:07am On Dec 15, 2006
Hell no!!!!!!!!!! shocked

Thats is pure punishment / Slavery. How can you survive with 5,000 Naira in Nigeria?
Please run for your dear life.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by bigbumper(f): 4:18am On Dec 15, 2006
A bird in the hand ,
Half a loaf of bread ,
Little drops of water ,   u get the drift? Remember where there's life, there's hope.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. You are the only one who knows where your shoes is pinching you.

Our people sha !!!

A person contemplating on whether to take a low paying job is an embodiment of embarassment to the average Nigerian graduate INDEED. What about the prostitutes, the armed robbers, the yahoo-yahoo crew, etc

Some people even doubted the fact that the OP was a graduate in Chemical Engineering because he did not submit his CV to shell, LNG, etc, as if these companies are going to pay him his salary the day he hands in his CV.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by Chiori(m): 3:03am On Dec 19, 2006
No way. Remeber, you do not only work for money. You make money work and talk for you. Those who would settle for anythng might end up being poor, unambitioud men.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by culasi(m): 5:13am On Dec 19, 2006
i don't think i will take a job for 5k in Naija. smiley
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by texazzpete(m): 12:09pm On Dec 20, 2006
someone posted something about a job, he didn't see fit to provide more info about himself and his qualifications etc and hasn't even contributed to the discussion. i for one am of the opinion that the guy's just a rabble rouser looking for some cheap popularity.

anyway, just in case you really mean it, i don't agree with y'all that advocate his taking the job, or working without pay. working without pay is only an option if there's a clear indication that you'll get something out of it.
as a graduate, taking 5k a month is definitely selling yourself short, it's self abasement on an astronomicl scale to stoop that low. I mean, it's a lot better to sell recharge cards or take photos, at least then you know you're your own boss.

develop yourself and persevere. that's my advice.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by alaskaa(m): 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2006
Hi iwalewa i don't mean to upset you,but you have been on this issue for a long time now it is absurd and not advisable for a graduate to take up that king of offer just because you want to work please you need to know the kind of jobs meant for you and the amount of pay involved.thankssss.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by texazzpete(m): 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2006
on which issue?

this whole thread has degenerated into a show of dumbness.
1. the guy has posted only once, and hasn't seen fit to comment on any of your ruminations

2. It isn't really definite whether he was talking about himself or not. all he asked was our opinions whether it was a silly thing for someone to accept a 5k-a-month deal.

3. Some well-meaning (but silly) person puts his uncle's number and his email on a public forum for all to see. Well-meaning, but silly.

i reiterate that this is just the brainchild of someone looking for cheap popularity. that's all!

Besides, if he was in dire need of a job, how come of all his previous 9 posts on nairaland, none has been in the Jobs category?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by crito(m): 6:02am On Dec 24, 2006
na real wa oh.
olo be
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by GL(f): 2:32am On Dec 28, 2006
i wouldnt advise anyone to take a job of 5000 naira/month after at least 4 years in d university. i would rather sit down at home than go for that
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2007
Hi Guys, Merry xmas to You all and a blissfull new year. Well,not minding what i posted at first when i first saw this topic. I think you better go for the job,who knows maybe from there you can get a better job else where if not from that same company. Let may share this story with You guys,i have this friend that is a graduate of mechenical enginneering.He got an offer to work as a security guard in one company in benin,he came to me for an advice if to take the job or not,i told him to go for the job with a salary that is not up to 15 thousand naira.But now is earning up to 30 thousand naira as a security supervisor in that same company.Just because one of the top managers saw his qualification and his not suppose to be working as a security guard with such a degree. so you see start from somewhere.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by caringchi(f): 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2007
[b]no one can make you inferior without your consent [/b]
i believe dat saying. better start selling pure water, and, or fried groundnut, u ll definitely make more than dat a month
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by nice2nite(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hello KDK
lets assume u were to be a graduate and u are offered a job of #5000, and u have to pay 4 ur house rent and u must feed and take care of 2 or more expenses, so are we u coup.i can't take a job of 5000 naira now that i i'm not even a graduate cos there are many things to take care of like, buying of shoe,cloths and some other things of life.let say u have a girl friend u can't tell me u woun't give her money. just take a look at all this expenses and tell me if 5000 will be enough.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 6:07am On Mar 08, 2007
Half bread is better than non.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by dremoney(m): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2007
bro,
in as much as i wil advise u to get started from somewhere,abeg 5,000 aint gud enuf 4 a grad.
look for a promising job n start wit dat even if d pay is low but encouraging.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by slimnike(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2007
This issue is confusing Me, at times when i think of some issues i will just say take the job, but when i think of some other issues to say yes is difficult.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Fresh Graduate To Take A Job Of 5000 Naira Per Month? by bunmii(f): 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2007
i think N5000 is an insult, keep looking for your own job. N5000 is low for a univerity graduate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Help Your Lawyer Win Your Case / Career Switch Dilemma / Beneficiaries Of 2014 Nigerian Civil Defense Promotion Still Receiving Old Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.