Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know (45862 Views)

What You Probably Didn't Know About Powdered Milk / 4 Nigerian Foods With Foreign Origin / 13 Nigerian Foods That Are Better When Eaten Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by skolfizz: 4:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
selfdefence:
What then do we call kilishi?
kilishi na shiliki. Simple cheesy
selfdefence:
What then do we call kilishi?
kilishi na shiliki. Simple
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by romzyjoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
Edition 15 dictionary... . Is out ooooo, this op ehn nawa for u oooo
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Rajosh(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
kunu is gruel joor. as for ofada rice, you gave it a first, middle and surname.
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by NovusHomo(m): 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
toluine56:

Yamarita, Potarita sounds spanish.
LOLz @BeanCake burger
Corn aflame
Grain alive (like 5 alive abi?)

It all sounds so stupid, doesn't it?!
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by toluine56(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
NovusHomo:

very much so
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Magicdon(m): 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
whats the english name for fiofio or agbugbu a popular food in east especially enugu dat looks like beans but very tiny
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by ShiroSan: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
This one dey try tell me say she de use boom j8 grin
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Herrmes: 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2016
Wetin concern me? If I ask you whether you get Garri and you ask me wetin be that, I don dey go my way. Rubbish.
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2016
grain o' fibre kor fruit o' fibre ni abeg Aisha pass me one grain alive grin
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
Kilishi..beef crackers ko..how do y'all think bout things like this cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
ShiroSan:
This one dey try tell me say she de use boom j8 grin
Wetin u dey use?? tell am too
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
Magicdon:
whats the english name for fiofio or agbugbu a popular food in east especially enugu dat looks like beans but very tiny
Hmm i dnt knw wat its called in english but i callit Aya at least thts wat its called in d north or hausa groundnut
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
NovusHomo:

Kinda but its all jokes nobody wud actually take it serzly
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:39pm On Apr 30, 2016
skolfizz:
kilishi na shiliki. Simple cheesy kilishi na shiliki. Simple
So uncreative cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
sukkot:
pako chewing stick is now food ?
Hehehehehehe igbo ppleat it for bf na
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
gabylzy:
The way nairaland mods operate ehn ...i made this post this mawnin by 10:48....now a lady made hers buh she enta front page...dats even d picture i used..lol grin grin

Well i will blame Teeblizz...he caused it
Smh
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin Corn aflame & Grain alive
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
HannibalXVI:
grin grin Corn aflame & Grain alive
Stupid funny names cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Minesota1(f): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
ezychris:
Bullshit! If the Englishmen can't accept the names we have given to this foods, then they should go hug a moving train.
What nonsense! angry
Its not that serz..why u dey vex
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Skymiyke(f): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
jamex93:
grin

I chop FTC wao

I am waiting for FTC payment

I remember some one calling kunu as kun juice

grin

Dawa Juice to b precise
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by jamex93(m): 9:57pm On Apr 30, 2016
Skymiyke:
Dawa Juice to b precise

Lolx

U must b updated

Have this feeling u are from Kaduna state or kogi state
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by lambofri: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
Minesota1:
Stupid funny names cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lmao
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by lambofri: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
The person that did this is creative ASF
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by lambofri: 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
gabylzy:
The way nairaland mods operate ehn ...i made this post this mawnin by 10:48....now a lady made hers buh she enta front page...dats even d picture i used..lol grin grin

Well i will blame Teeblizz...he caused it
Women r powerful like that but i dnt see ow it relates to Tiwa's ish
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by lambofri: 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
SPDAZZY:

Oga look well, it is barbecued plantain. grin
U ppl r not well cheesy
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
op, the English name for moi moi is bean pudding.
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by jojothaiv(m): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
Potarita... Yamarita.... Semovita.... Miss Rita...
And those first two names got me reeling.....
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by JustOutstanding: 11:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
I'll just stick to the traditional names of all these things. Grain o' fibre my foot. Garri all the way.
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by Marinza(m): 2:38am On May 01, 2016
The English names of most sound so boring though. I prefer our local names
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by victme1(m): 5:50am On May 01, 2016
Bros e! Make una just catch d fun na.
Hehehehehe GRAIN ALIVE!!!! POWERFUL
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by ShiroSan: 6:33am On May 01, 2016
Minesota1:
Wetin u dey use?? tell am too

Tecno W4, but na boropose shagrin
Re: 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know by ezychris(m): 6:36am On May 01, 2016
Minesota1:
Its not that serz..why u dey vex
I dey vex because...... I don't even know self, maybe itz because you too fine and guys go dey disturb you wif enouh pmz grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You React When You See This Kind Of Bush Allowance? / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira / How Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.