Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,671 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? (6659 Views)

You Need To Read What Obasanjo Wants Nigerians To Do On April 11 / Obasanjo Wants To Run My Govt – Jonathan / Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by conscience(m): 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2005
Akolawole:

@ Conscience

what of if he leaves in 2007 nko?

Leave to where?
Who else can rule Nigeria like he does?
He is GOD sent .
He reminds me of Abacha we all loved so much.
Let him stay till God calls him.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2005
He is going to leave anyway but he will make some people useless.
There's going to be some political calculations and we will all be suprised.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by conscience(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2005
Akolawole:

He is going to leave anyway but he will make some people useless.
There's going to be some political calculations and we will all be suprised.
He is not GOD and so has no powers to change any ones' destiny
Just like Abacha chained and imprisoned him thinking he has made him ''useless''
But GOD has the last say and today he is President again.
We are not disturbed but have absolute faith in GOD
HE will take care of his Flock, like the Good Shepherd HE is.
You just wait and see.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by bagoma(f): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2005
yes, why dont we all wait see.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2005
@Conscience
Dont get me wrong o. In our politics in Nigeria, Thereis this "power of Incumbency" which play a major role. Some names had been mentioned as Aspirants which most of us are not happy with, which we hope god will not permit, but which we think God will use OBJ,EFCC to mess up before they actually collect their form.
If he is the same OLUSEGUN OBASANJO , he will definitely leave in 2007.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by conscience(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2005
Akolawole:

@Conscience
Dont get me wrong o. In our politics in Nigeria, Thereis this "power of Incumbency" which play a major role. Some names had been mentioned as Aspirants which most of us are not happy with, which we hope god will not permit, but which we think God will use OBJ,EFCC to mess up before they actually collect their form.
If he is the same OLUSEGUN OBASANJO , he will definitely leave in 2007.
When you say ''most of us are not happy with..... '' who are those in your group?
Where lies OBJ's moral right/justification to judge others?
He has never believed in any other past  Rulers,
for either ''not giving Sap a human face'', or for not being'' the Messiah'' or for running the ''worst human right government'',
Yet Nigerians are dying in thousands because of hunger, armed robbery and poor transport system during his administration than any other in the history of Nigeria.
Let him hide his face in shame.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by rikkyjen(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2005
third term my ass...wetin d man do ...common lagos-abeokuta expressway..which leads to his own house ...the man never do am ..when the man wants to pass ..the man uses chopper...can u imagine?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 12:19am On Dec 27, 2005
Like you have done in your previous post, I respect your opinion as well.
I can confirm that OBJ is ARROGANT, but is there any Principle man that is not ARROGANT ?

If anybody says nothing has changed in Nigeria of recent years, such person DEFINITELY needs AN IQ TEST.

Well in a country of 120 million people comprises of different characters, what do we expect ? Even respected voice like Gani Fawehinmi once called OBJ 's regime has the worst Human Right record in our history. Imagine! Me think, Chief needs to go and ask TEll, The News and Pro-Democracy groups.

Personally, i am out of this topic as advised by my very good confidant in this forum, OTHERS CARRY ON !
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by conscience(m): 1:07am On Dec 27, 2005
Akolawole:

If anybody says nothing has changed in Nigeria of recent years, such person DEFINITELY needs AN IQ TEST.

A lot has changed and we have all seen the changes.
Glory be to GOD!
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2005
Indeed a lot has changed, we now have a lot of drama, if it is not happening at lisa, then it must be yenagoa, or is it the one that took place at awka or the one at ibadan now. There is freedom of expression in the land. Feel free to open you vocal cavity but mind you if there is no arsenal to back you up then it will be a case of alams.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by panafrican(m): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2005
embarassed Obasanjo wants to be like Bongo of Gabon or Compaore' of Burkina Faso.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200512300089.html
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 1:47am On Dec 31, 2005
Good advise from a former Ruler, who was once forced out of Office.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by joftech(m): 8:24pm On Jan 02, 2006
Good advise from a former Ruler, who was once forced out of Office.

I pray this people will not give the military boys a veritable reason to seize power once again.

The politicians here have wasted more more than what the military has stolen in their entire regime, still we are all still reeling from the inefficiency of their maladministration.

Since 1999 we can boast of regular power supply, rule of law and basic human needs. Pensioners are dying without getting what (gratuity) they have laboured for.

This country brings out the worst of human deprivation in every form. No wonder people engage in so many vices just to get the basic needs for their existence.

I used to wonder maybe the SUV and official cars with tinted windows these unprudent officials drive they ply our roads in have blinded them from seeing the suffering of the masses.

If our rulers failed to stop being power drunk, am sure a day will come when "somethings" will be showing them the way out of office willy-nilly.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pendelite(f): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2006
Could he be floating a trial balloon and exposing those that will do anything to subvert the future of Nigeria. Already they regulars are out marching, calling for an amendment to support a third term (you know them; they eat with you and dance on your grave). Do you think that OBJ will withdraw from this campaign and hand those that are out there to subvert the constitution. I for one think that OBJ will not accept to modify the constitution to support a third term for himself. However we will work very hard to encourage Nigerians to accept someone that will continue his good works.

Reading my previous post, one will get the impression that I think OBJ is as a failure. Here is my opportunity to state my case. OBJ has done well on several fronts and poorly on others. He has failed in the provision of foundational services like power, social and health services, social equity, minority rights and economic prosperity for Nigerians; but has succeeded in lifting the burden of debt that generations of Nigerians would have carried and dealt with corruption in his own way. It is my hope that debt reduction and managing corruption will provide the impetus for economic growth which will offer the opportunity to improve the general well being of Nigerians. On this subject it is difficult and there are many schools of thoughts on which of the issues is the horse and which is the cart. The future will tell.

The fact is that the dawn is setting on this administration; it should have prepared itself for this day. Succession is the norm, even in our individual homes, our parent prepare us for a the future without them. OBJ’s time is almost up; it will be up for his administration and one day for the individual. At the end, history will judge the man and his performance. I beg him to listen to the voice of reason; if he is outing the enemies of progress, great works; if he is pondering a sit tight attitude, it cannot work.

Your opinions…..
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Afam(m): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2006
Pendelite,

I am of the same opinion with you on this OBJ issue.

Unfortnately in Nigeria today it is either you agree that OBJ is evil and that he has failed on all fronts or you are branded an OBJ apologist or supporter.

OBJ did well on some fronts and did badly on others. Any blanket condemnation or commendation will be totally misleading in my opinion.

I hope he does not go for a 3rd term anyway but not because of the reasons being canvassed by people that just want him to leave without giving any thoughts on who he hands over to or what becomes of Nigeria after him.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by DoubleRevv(m): 8:33am On Jan 12, 2006
I honestly don't think Obj is going for a third term. He might be undecided on whom he wants as his successor but I think a south-south or south east candidate may be in his favour.excluding Governor kalu for obvious reasons.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by DoubleRevv(m): 8:36am On Jan 12, 2006
[/quote][quote author=conscience link=topic=3078.msg142330#msg142330 date=1135642021]
A lot has changed and we have all seen the changes.
Glory be to GOD!
amen bro..I am definately looking at better things to come.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by kajero(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2006
well personally i think this 3rd term thing is only some kindda political gimmick, some political calculus (RIP okadigbo).
to make some kinda impact..I dont think OBJ would want to loose all hi`s done for some troubled 3rd term.

But what do you know the guy naa homo sapien and in his DNA you have major trace of f_xkup? undecided
so let`s pray.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by ono(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2006
I'll stand by bagoma. We should just wait and see. Let 2007 come, then, we'll know if OBJ will go or not. Simple.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by otokx(m): 11:45am On Jan 16, 2006
i don't know what he will do but already the political equation has changed. Nothing is taking for granted anymore and not many people are sure of their political machinery.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by kenflavor(m): 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2006
THE leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday denied SPECULATIONS about the third term agenda of President Olusegun Obasanjo may have been pointless after all, as the President himself was said to have announced his intention to quit the scene and return to his farm after May 29, 2007.

The Cross River State governor, Mr. Donald Duke, who was one of the people President Obasanjo reportedly confided in on the issue, said that the third term agenda was a non-issue.

According to him, he once asked President Obasanjo about it and he told him not to mind the third term campaigners as he would surprise them. While saying that the constitution was clear on the issue, Governor Duke explained further that “I once asked President Olusegun Obasanjo, what about this third term issue and he said to me, ‘don’t mind them, when I get to my farm, let them come and bring me out.

More info check here ...   http://www.tribune.com.ng/260106/news01.htm

All OBJ haters will now keep their cool.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by ono(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2006
Oga Ken

''Actions speak louder than words – that’s common wisdom. And for those who try to suggest that there has been no overt action by the president before, during, and after the Oyo State crisis, I can only respond that there are times when inaction, speaks even louder than both action and words'' - Prof. Wole Soyinka, Speaking on Oyo State government crisis.

Taking a cue from the above, I'll want to believe that OBJ is not sincere with this third term thing. He should just come out plainly and openly to tell everyone that he's not coming for third term. I don't believe in telling close confidants what's one's intention, especially someone who's a public figure like OBJ. Besides, he was asked thesame question on third term on NTA the other day, but he decided to play abracadabra and Ota farm tactics on the question. He evaded it. So why do you want me to believe one Donald Duke, who's sold out to him on this matter?

Anyway sha, I know that he cannot make it for a third term, even if he wants to come. The odds are too much for him to handle.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by dblock(m): 4:44am On Jan 27, 2006
Obasanjo isn't runing for third term anymore
http://www.tribune.com.ng/260106/news01.htm anymore

But is he speaking the truth
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by mustgo: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2006
[b][/b]How can he come back what have he done for his people in the past eight my people what look at what is happening in the country can you explain this were you have not done notting for but to ask for more.
he should be stop with every avalable means.[color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by ono(m): 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2006
[url]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/feb/28/national%20-28-02-2006-001.htm[/url]

My people, OBJ now wants to die for his fatherland. Please read the above story. Make una helep us tell am say if he die now, he has nothing to lose or regret. As far as I'm concerned, the death of OBJ for any cause will not amount to much in the nations polity; so, if he wants to die, he should go and die in Ota Farm, and be buried there - maybe Bird Flu will help accelerate this!!

He has spent 8 solid years in reforming the country. All he has to show for the eight years are:

- Corruption at its peak in the Petroleum Ministry
- Gangsterism, thugism, intimidation via the use of state security apparatus
- Selective persecution, and unjust killings
- Double didgit inflation rate
- Unemployment
- Bribery at the highest level (Ghana-must- go-bagism at the NA and Police)
- Extra judicial killings
- Hike in fuel prices
- Comatose education sector
- Dailapidated and corruption enmeshed aviation sector
- Hungary policemen, in both rank and file
- Chicanery from basketmouths - praise singers and bootlickers
- Unjust removal, through unconstitutional means of elected public officials
- Over bloated, nepotic, and despotic array of special and senior special assistants

The list goes on and on,

So, if he wants to die for this country, let all that he has done in the last eight years kill him. Then he will be accorded a heroic welcome to the other side.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by wormedup(m): 8:19am On Mar 02, 2006
well it doesn't look like a rumor anymore does it ?
the old man should go and rest. if he feels he has done so much good to the country, let him leave the seat for someone else. if he hasn't done all he's supposed to do in 7 years, i don't think there's much he can do in 1 year.
if he's so good and Nigeria is like this, i personally think Nigeria should be spoilt a little - or plenty ! this is not a kingdom as such we need no king to die on the throne !!
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by ahmedluv: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2006
THE OLD MABN IS DESPARATE TO HAVE THIRD TERM, HE WILL NEVER SUCCEED INSHA ALLAH, HEAR PDP NAT. CHAIRMAN, DO U JUST CHANGE A GUN WHEN IT NOT DIRTY?MEANING DO U JUST CHANGE OBJ WHEN HE IS STILL PERFORMING? NIGERIANS MUST SAY NO TO THIRD TERM AND OBJ MUST RESIGN OR GO COME 2007. angry
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by toshmann(m): 12:37am On Mar 03, 2006
prophet toshmann's prediction from the year 2007

2007 3rd term succeeds
2010.vision 2010.campaign for 4th term ensues
2011. 4th term realised
2014.constitutional ammendment to allow for 5th and "final" term.all opposition crushed.national assembly closed down.
2015. 5th term begins, etc etc etc

guys,what are we going for? a constitutional government (government controlled by the constitution) or a governmental constitution (constitution controlled by the government of the day). from 2007 onwards,every president that rules this country will ammend the constitution. when will we learn?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by WesleyanA(f): 4:57am On Mar 03, 2006
i guess the man loves his job  grin. . .

one would think trying to lead a nation like Nigeria was hard. well, if the president wants to stay for a third term means his job's easy and he loves and feels comfortable at it.

it can also mean  he's not working hard enough because if he was, he would be working so hard he'll pray day and night for retirement.

and, he needs a face lift or something. i don't see why Stella should be going for some surgery when it's actually her husband who needs it.

who knows he might decide to go do a face work and "die for Nigeria" in the process.

at least he'll make history for being the second president apart from Abacha to die (naturally?) in office. That's like a curse considering what type of a president Abacha was.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Jakumo(m): 6:14am On Mar 03, 2006
There will always be a pack of salivating, tail-wagging hounds who will make careers of baying at the moon to keep any sitting Nigerian president in office even after that president has repeatedly re-stated his intention to retire from office. 

Obasanjo will retire on schedule, after which the boot-lickers will hastily find new boots to lick.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by otokx(m): 9:59am On Mar 03, 2006
@Jakumo; Na you biko.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Larufa(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2006
To all Any Govt. In Power (AGIP).

Let Tell them Governance is a continous process, there is always an unfinished job somewhere, somehow. President Come President Go, Aso will still remain.

OBJ must leave in 2007, he does have any choice. He has to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur / Angola Becomes First Country To “BAN” Islam – Destroys Mosques / NNPC GMD Slot Not Enough For Igbo — Ezeife..........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.