Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,647 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? (6658 Views)

You Need To Read What Obasanjo Wants Nigerians To Do On April 11 / Obasanjo Wants To Run My Govt – Jonathan / Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by joftech(m): 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2005
Will it be possible for George Bush to want to remain in office after his 2nd term if the war in Iraq is not over by then?

I think i need to start thinking about how i can emigrate from this country. The future of this country looks bleak. cry cry cry cry sad sad
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by bagoma(f): 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2005
joftech:

Will it be possible for George Bush to want to remain in office after his 2nd term if the war in Iraq is not over by then?

I think i need to start thinking about how i can emigrate from this country. The future of this country looks bleak. cry cry cry cry sad sad
hey brother Joftech, did you say emigrate? Is that the solution? what will become of the rest of us now?
Will you be at peace anywhere knowing your home is on fire?
I think not.
Indeed its a bleak picture we have before us but bolting away isnt the solution.
Lets brainstorm. it should get us somewhere. abi, what do you think.

as to george bush remaining in office after d expiration of 2nd term, it is "impossicant" but then there is absolutely no basis for comparison here. our democracy and that of the US are worlds apart.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 12:30am On Nov 22, 2005
In Our Country, we are always blessed with praise-mongers, "milo group" even a respected politician like Jim Nwobodo said in Abuja's 2 MILLION- March that " Voice of people is Voice of God, that Abacha can carry on forever " IMAGINE !
Obasanjo had denied 3rd time bid several times( see Seun's post of Nov 17 on this subject)
At times , we need to ask ourself, am i misinforming people or am i divulging nothing but the TRUTH.

MCKAYCEE
My stand is stated in my previous post and is OBJ will NEVER NEVER go for 3rd term wether he needs it or situation demand or Contractors want to eat.
In your post of Nov 17, you alleged that the Senators had been given #100m to sanction 3rd term, WHERE DID U HEAR THIS SIR ?
You also alleged that OBJ is given DORA (Nafdac) problem. How on earth could one do that to his best Leuitenant ?
How on earth could a Culture-bridled individual used Late Stella as a tool to attack OBJ? It is pure nonsense.
BAGOMA : I was amazed by your inteligence, i was compelled to check your profile but i got no futher info about you. KEEP IT UP! Together we will make our Country great again.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 12:35am On Nov 22, 2005
Blenz4real : It is very bad to speal ill of the dead. None of us know the kind of death that will kill us.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2005
Akolawole:

1) You wrote " Kids are hawking..... Is there anything bad in hawking ? All my brothers and sister had hawk before, Awolowo and Abiola had experience it, So whats the big deal

@ Akolawole

Unless, I'm reading that statement wrongly, I take it you mean Hawking should be made an obligation for kids just because Abiola and whoever else went through the experience. I think it just goes to show the mind-set of Nigerians if someone can say there is nothing wrong with having kids(who should be at school anyway), patrol the streets in a bid to earn peanuts. It's such that poverty and misery is considered a "normal way of life". Seriously, can you allow your kids( if you've gotten any), to go running around on highways with stuff on their heads?  I don't think so, mate. To answer your question, there is everything wrong with it. I can't believe you'd ask a question like that! Your brothers and sisters went through that, does that make it alright then? I never had to go through that b'cos my parents did and they know what it means.
If you can't see anything wrong with the hard-life that is basically a typical one for the Nigerian kid, then I've got nothing to say.

Strange also how you can't see how the cost of living has risen in Nigeria. I don't even know what to say. Do you mind telling me how much a bag of Rice costs presently and how much it cost say four, five years ago? When was the last time civil servants' minimum wage was raised, yet in that time, we've had all sorts of increases in cost of production ?
I aint impressed with the govt. of that country. I am not saying the OBJ guy is the worst president ever, but Nigeria could do with another fellow in charge, come 20007.

PS. Tony Blair can appoint Blunks as the next king of England if it were possible. It would have very little bearing on me actually, except that higher taxes would be needed for his eye treatment. Just let OBJ take leave of Aso Rock in 2007.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 2:47am On Nov 22, 2005
joftech:

Although there's visible poverty here but am yet to see anybody who can't get something to eat no matter how small it may be. Education up to Senior Secondary School level is more or less free. Most of the people abroad saying all these rubbish about Nigeria don't really know what's presently obtainable back home.

The "quality" of the "Education" is what is more important, Bro. I guess you can name 10 government secondary schools which libraries or laboratories are fully equiped.  Not all those adverts they show on TV, I mean in real-life.  Name me five Federal Universities with fully equipped labs, for the diiferent programs they run, currently. I'm not talking about the days of Awolowo, I'm talking present-day Nigeria. Nigerians are some of the most brilliant fellows on the earth. You can imagine where we would be if we had the resources to keep some of these great minds at home.
Has it ever occured to you that more and more people are patronising the Private institutions(both secondary and tetiary)?  And have you ever bothered to ask yourself why most Nigerian guys are sending their wives out of the country to places like Britain once they get pregnant? Is it because they don't know of the "free education" in Nigeria? I tell you, mate, it's frightening, the rate at which you see Nigerian girls( or ladies) coming into this country to give birth so as to ultimately get themselves some kind'a residence permit. Just in the last three weeks, we've had three babies born by women(who have been here less than three months,BTW) in the church I attend. And with the curent weather conditions. These are kids that would otherwise be born and raised at home, if their parents were comfortable with the idea.
Nigeria has fundamental problems and OBJ has waited too long to tackle those problems. Now he wants a third-term, like there is some magic he's going to perform inside four years.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by variation(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2005
I know that he just want to see reactions of Nigerians if they will wlcome it. He is dreaming because if he does ....................................................
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2005
Pie1ect
I ask u few questionsin a legible manner but u never reply accordingly, you skip most of them. i will take your points one by one for other members to enjoy and contribute.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by bagoma(f): 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2005
Akolawole:

In Our Country, we are always blessed with praise-mongers, "milo group" even a respected politician like Jim Nwobodo said in Abuja's 2 MILLION- March that " Voice of people is Voice of God, that Abacha can carry on forever " IMAGINE !
Obasanjo had denied 3rd time bid several times( see Seun's post of Nov 17 on this subject)
At times , we need to ask ourself, am i misinforming people or am i divulging nothing but the TRUTH.

MCKAYCEE
My stand is stated in my previous post and is OBJ will NEVER NEVER go for 3rd term wether he needs it or situation demand or Contractors want to eat.
In your post of Nov 17, you alleged that the Senators had been given #100m to sanction 3rd term, WHERE DID U HEAR THIS SIR ?
You also alleged that OBJ is given DORA (Nafdac) problem. How on earth could one do that to his best Leuitenant ?
How on earth could a Culture-bridled individual used Late Stella as a tool to attack OBJ? It is pure nonsense.
BAGOMA : I was amazed by your inteligence, i was compelled to check your profile but i got no futher info about you. KEEP IT UP! Together we will make our Country great again.

Thanks a million for the compliment. i feel flattered.

Lets all be more objective in our views and be willing to look at things from all sides.
every contribution is important because every voice is important and should be heard. wink
we all share something in common and that is a burning desire for CHANGE. A VISION of a BETTER Nigeria. and .......

surely we'll get there.... someday!
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 4:58am On Nov 23, 2005
A SPECIAL FOR MY FRIEND IN BOLTON; Chief Pie1ect
Your quote on women/ Ladies coming to your England to born
####And have you ever bothered to ask yourself why most Nigerian guys are sending their wives out of the country to places like Britain once they get pregnant? Is it because they don't know of the "free education" in Nigeria? I tell you, mate, it's frightening, the rate at which you see Nigerian girls( or ladies) coming into this country to give birth so as to ultimately get themselves some kind'a residence permit. Just in the last three weeks, we've had three babies born by women(who have been here less than three months,BTW) in the church I attend. And with the curent weather conditions. These are kids that would otherwise be born and raised at home, if their parents were comfortable with the idea.####

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LIE OF ALL TIME. WHY ARE YOU MIS-INFORMING NIGERIANS & HONOURABLE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM ON THIS ?

The truth of the matter is, in United Kingdom, Parents cannot derive any form of Residence permit from a child born there. Even Children born in England are not AUTOMATICALLY BRITISH.
Until last year, Parents can derive Permit in IRELAND, NOT IN ENGLAND.
Honourable members, if you need any clarification on UK Immigration, please visit www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk
I am awaiting responses on this b4 i proceed on your other points
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 5:04am On Nov 23, 2005
Pie1ect,
Concerning your church people that just delivered babies in your Church less than 3 months of getting there. I say CONGRATULATIONS.
If i may ask, what is their immigration status? Please tell me.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2005
Kola, it is your choice the way you interprete what I write. I used the word "ultimately".  Check your dictionary if you don't know the meaning of the word. And don't  misquote me. If you intend to quote me, then quote me CORRECTLY!
You can convince yourself that majority of Nigerians who leave that country (women,men, boys or girls) are just interested in "visiting" their host countries!

And what will this "BIGGEST LIE" be? That the number of Nigerians abroad is still on the rise? Who are you kidding, man?

I don't need you to agree,  as opposed to you. If you bother checking (since you are so interested in "informing" the masses):

1.) Try finding out if the number of Nigerians immigrants has decreased/increased or remained steady  over the last 4 years. I wonder why Britain had to impose visa restrictions on Nigerian youths, and why a country like S.Africa would introduce the visa conditions they did recently? (Abi that one na "THE BIGGEST LIE" TOO);

2.) And while you are at that, will you try answering my question on the minimum wage before you go on one of your rants?;

3.) And you didn't bother answering me if you would allow your own .......(Posted on: Yesterday at 02:19:44 AM);

4.) Oh...Can you also find out the statistics on Nigerians abroad returning home permanently in the last few years?

Gosh, I am highly impressed by your selective memory, my friend. You want me to answer you questions(?), when you choose what to answer to.

Suit yourself mate.  This is becoming very interesting...

PS:I am waiting for your next piece of CLARIFICATION and INFORMATION,  OH EINSTEIN.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2005
Pie1ect. Good evening sir.
I know u are online now.
Can you just tell me that what i wrote yesterday is wrong.
Please do then i will respond to the left-overs of yesterday and todays epistle.
Thank you.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2005
Waiting Sir
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2005
And what exactly did you write yesterday?
You posted three times on this thread yesterday, which one are we talking about?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2005
C'mon Kola, I meant: give me the number(#) of the message you want me to verify(in other words). That can't be too hard now, can it?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2005
Let take it one by one.
My 2 paragraphs of #42
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 12:05am On Nov 24, 2005
Hehe, what has been taking you this long?

Of course, they are temporary residents. Does the word "ultimately" mean anything to you?
BTW, you posted #42 today, not yesterday.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2005
I sent it at night hence mix-up.
Sorry, i've been switching between 3 website at a time. I am not good in English grammar which is why most of my post is characterised with flaws, which is why i dont know the meaning of "Ultimately". My friends in this forum will always help me out. Not everybody in this Forum can be Achebe, Soyinka and Fawehinmi rolled into one like YOU.
tEMPORARY RESIDENTS IN WHAT CAPACITY? sTUDENTS, wORK pERMIT hOLDER or Visitors?

I need ur response to #41.
Thanks
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 12:39am On Nov 24, 2005
U are even an Arsenal fan
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 1:10am On Nov 24, 2005
Kola, I'll let it rest. But please next time, do read my post carefully if you intend to answer and quote what I say, PLEASE, b4 going on to call me a liar.

Your response:
You posted the web address on #41. The visa cartegories are well-defined there. And the people I was talking about are on 3- years and 2- years student visas. These can be renewed, if you got valid reasons. And every country has a set minimum number of years b4 you go on to apply for perm. residence. Hope say you dey flow with my thinking?
Now tell me how one cannot "ultimately" acquire residency through that means!

I dey go sleep.

BTW, Yeah, Arsenal all round!!!
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 1:16am On Nov 24, 2005
Chief Seun has adviced us to provide the link(URL...) to support our argument.
Please tell us : where see your facts like

1)  The Senators had been given #100m to procure 3rd term and

2) Where did you get the info  that OBJ is frustrating Dora Akinyuli( NAFDAC) ?

While i agree with you that very few people are going back to Nigeria permanently but WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT GOING BACK HOME?
## THE MAJOR REASON IS THEIR ORIENTATION ABOUT WESTERN WORLD B4 THEY JET OUT. Most people think once you fly out, youve made it. As you know it is not like that. Everybody want to go back home with their future secured but legitimately they cant even save anything believing "e go better", which is why most of our people remain in west, Please Ask Naija Soujourner ?
IF I MAY ASK, WHY DO NIGERIA ENGAGE IN FRAUD ABROAD?.

UK VISA.
uP TILL TODAY , Nigeria get visas more than any country in the world. British High commission told us its temporary, it will resume back in January. Please read from this link:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101399480413&a=KArticle&aid=1112704853716
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 1:37am On Nov 24, 2005
Why are u resting it when quite a lot of people are enjoying this.
Anyway tell your Church people that they should study hard but they cannot get anything from their children. They can get Residence permit based on 10 years. unless they switch to another category like Work Permit after which they will wait of 5 years.
Their Children are full Nigerians, but they can be British in 10 years time.

Ummmmmh
Before Eleke Crescent people could ever give them 2 years or 3 years student visa, they must have applied to study degree or Masters. Degree courses cost nothing less than £7000 while Masters will be in the region of £8-£10 thousands. How they born within their very expensive course? NO SIR, Something is amiss
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2005
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/naturalisation.htm

Nothing is amiss,Kola. Use your head,THINK.
Can we get back to the original topic now or do we carry on with this off-topic discussion?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 2:39am On Nov 24, 2005
AaaRrrrrrrrrrggHhhhhh!!!!

Seriously, Kola, can you read at all?
When did I post those comments(1 & 2) you've credited to me (in message #53)? what are you playing at?

You've asked me a question and answered same yourself. What is then my part in your small drama?

Abeg, guy free me. If you can't read, stop boring me with your logic.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 2:11am On Nov 25, 2005
I am not having a personal attack on you but on your views most especially when i perceive its going to mis-inform others.
In your post #55, you quoted a website. THAT IS A WRONG WEBSITE SIR. The one you quoted is an agency assisting peole to get papers( so to say). In reality we know what an agent is? PROCLAIMING WHAT THEY CAN OR CANNOT DO
There is no gvernment parastatal processing work permit in LONDON. It is located in Sheffield. Their ONLY website is www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
Similarly you cant stay in UK as a student for 5 years and get British passport as "your website says" NO WAY SIR
Please note:
Work Permit holders who works countinously for 5 years are entitle to permanent stay(not citizenship).

CAN SEUN AND OTHER MEMBERS CONTRIBUTE IN ALL THESE PLEASE ?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Seun(m): 2:36am On Nov 25, 2005
I would have loved to contribute, but what you're discussing seems to have no relationship with the topic!
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 2:44am On Nov 25, 2005
Yes Seun, it is completely off topic but i hate misinformation. I always like to distinguish between FACT and OPINION.
I dont want my Friend in Bolton to misinform other peple about UK immigration.
Cheers
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by pie1ect(m): 3:54am On Nov 25, 2005
Ha.ha.....ha!

Kola,

Just what is your definition of "MIS-INFORMATION"?
I have been very careful not to make suggestive comments in my posts. I have not specified any time limit/range for anyone seeking legal perm. residence.
I repeat:  I neva tuck the number of years person need to apply for permanent residence for dis country.
Seriously, you are putting words into my mouth and I don't think it's funny.

Have a look at these two sites again:

1. http://workpermit.com/uk/naturalisation.htm;
2. http://workingintheuk.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/british_nationality/general_requirements.html;

Do you by any chance notice any similarities?
Yeah... that's right. They are effectively saying the same thing. Now aren't we both misleading the public here (by your logic)?

You wanna inform the users of this forum?
There is the announce board. Don't use my posts as an excuse to pass on your infinite wisdom. And by the way, you might want to check again( b4 your next piece of INFORMING) as there are schools that offer courses at fees less than those you've quoted.

Gosh, I have forgetten what the original topic was about!!! Please remind me.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Johnny(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2005
It is unconstitutional for Our president to remain in office beyond 2007, but if the constitution is ammended, so be it. The reform programm of this administration must continue, and remember that the only problem that has bedeviled us in this country for years now is lack of continuity, after all is it IBB or Atiku that is so good that Obasanjo should vacate office for? Or what do you think?
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by Akolawole(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2005
In reference to your last post.
Your second link is not working sir.
I am never somebody with infinite wisdom, Never would only God is. No be you say i didnt know the meaning of "ultimately", that i dont READ or THINK. But any discussion about UK immigration, i'm always interested because i KNOW some stuff about it.
It is a legal requirement for UK University to charge such money. It is not in the hand of such school but some colleges who has business relationship with some university can charge less?

I have checked your profile and note that you were born in 1983. How on earth could you know Obasanjo as a man. How he was forced to take up the mantle of leadership in 1976. What happen in 1979 presidential election. How he publicly inform Nigerians that he voted for Shagari instead of his Awolowo. Have you read "NOT MY WILL" and "MY COMMAND" How the kingmakers brought him into power from Jail in 1999. Like i inform honorable members in this forum in one of my previous post on this topic. I dont like OBJ as a person and one of is weakness is ARROGANCY. Remember his popular tone like " I DEY KAMPE" during "miss world saga". In 1999, none of our people voted for him. He even lost the street where he was born.
Even if 100 million people carry on to ask him to CONTINUE, he wont. He will leave office in 2007. What should worry us is how some of his good reforms could have contuinity? HIS GOVERNMENT IS NOT PERFECT BUT HE HAS DONE WELL.
Re: President Obasanjo Wants a Third Term? by WesleyanA(f): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2005
what next, changing the constitution so a president can run for life? rolleyes

i don't know bu i'm starting to think there's no hope for Nigeria with all that's going on right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Legislator Acquires Private Jet.says Its Cheaper Than Cars / A-z Photos Of Dr. Fayemi's Victory Celebration In Akure / Oando To Build N16bn IPPs For Lagos, Abuja Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.