Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK (17175 Views)

Best Country To Find A Lecturing Job / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Iglesia02(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
Hi pals.
I'm a graduate of Nursing Science
( BNSc, RN)
I'm yet to serve though(nysc)
But the problem now is that I have
always nursed the idea of joining my
cousin in the Uk after nysc.
But of recent, they young man who
happens to be my constituency
representative (Federal Reps) came to
our house to pay a courtesy visit to
my dad. (My dad thought him in
primary six and registered him for his
first school living certificate exam,
because he was very brilliant. A
gesture he normally do then as a
young teacher)

So when he came visiting, he saw an
enlarged pic of my sister that was
hanging on the sitting room, he asked
my dad about my sisters whereabout
and my dad told him that my sister is
serving but about to round up (she
has now rounded up)
He told my dad to tell her to apply for
the ongoing police recruitment which
my sister has done.
He strongly promised to be of help.
In my own case, my dad told him
about me, my course, school, class of
degree etc.

He proposed a lecturing job for me.
He was too serious to meet whoever
that perfected the thing in a glance.
He called my dad yesterday that I
should go to the school and meet my
H.O.D.
I went to they school today and my
H.O.D.told me that I have been
approved to be a graduate assistant
after nysc or I should go for my
masters first and be an assistant
lecturer.

The issue is that I want to travel to UK
and make it big with my Nursing
degree.
I have not seen a lecturer that rides
Range Rover sports car and its like
and I want to be among the Range
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?
Bros, go for the lecturing job. The grass is no longer greener there, am a living witness.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by ivyy(f): 12:07pm On May 02, 2016
Go to the U.k, further your education and become an assistant lecturer. Since the opportunity has presented itself, I think you should grab it. And if you are hardworking and put your heart in whatever you do, the success you are seeking for will definitely be yours anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Obiwiz(m): 12:16pm On May 02, 2016
stubbornman:

Nah range rover be your problem abi??
He's probably a kid. Notice how quick he was to use vulgar words, not minding the fact that he is(or claims to be) into a profession dat requires a great deal of ethics, composure and discipline. Things fall apart

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Bakare19: 12:27pm On May 02, 2016
honsaint:
I can't stop laughing...... two English teachers are fighting.... Sha no vex break head ..... And no one is above typing error.... Some fones try to correct our words n thereby writing wat we don't want
Sincerely you are not alone on this. I don laugh my ass out..
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Muyiii(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2016
Trust me ..I did my masters in the UK. It's not as rosy as most people think it is...in fact you stand a good chance of buying the range rover while in Nigeria. Patience okay...I was an Assistant lecturer and I could afford a Honda Accord 2010 ..that was 2 years ago tho...I had other jobs by the side. You just have to be smart, dedicated and patient...don't be in a haste. I'm now about to round up my PhD in South Africa and opportunities are already knocking...just have a blueprint ..stick to it and you'll be fine...you have to start somewhere but definitely not ditching the job just to go the UK that you'll still visit someday for summer.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:32pm On May 02, 2016
This OP would be a bad nurse. That is why I dislike nurses with passion except my good friend (Omolara).
Just because someone corrected you, you started abusing him. You need to change your attitude.

As for the dilemma you are facing, I would rather advice you to go for the lecturing job and pursue your higher degree in UK. Abroad no be sere sere.

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by mekeloby: 12:32pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
Hi pals.
( BNSc, RN)
young teacher)

has now rounded up)
my sister has done.
degree etc.

H.O.D.
lecturer.

degree.
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

Here's my candid advice based on personal experience.

Come to the UK for your masters. Last I checked Nursing is on the shortage occupation list, so not all the stringent immigration rules apply to you. The company would be willing to and able to support your visa application if you intend to remain and work. But you have to be dutiful and intelligent!!

Don't listen to any words of discouragements flowing here.

Don't exchange words with anyone and defeat the purpose of your thread.

Ultimately, what is your passion? What do you think you would wake up in the morning and be happy to run to. I personally go to bed and dream about going to work the next day, that's because I love my Job!! And that's what matters to me. What matters to you?

Regards,
X
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
Hi pals.
( BNSc, RN)
young teacher)

has now rounded up)
my sister has done.
degree etc.

H.O.D.
lecturer.

degree.
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

Oga count your self very fortunate out of over 25million young graduates who are currently out of Jobs and thousands of other Nigerian students in the Uk who are stuck with nothing for them except dread the day when their visas will expire.
I have this to say, accept the graduate assitantship position and you can Pm me I will give you the details of what you stand to gain. You have everything in your court right now don't allow youthful exuberance make you think going abroad now will make you more successful. A friend of mine finished his Msc in 2013 in Aeronautics Engineering in the UK best graduating student at that, the bros is back home due to the harsh rules over there. If you ask your cousin in the UK he;ll tell you the blank truth. All that glitters is not gold bro. I wish you all the best
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Plotzrealtor: 12:56pm On May 02, 2016
BreadandBeans:
Well OP, Assuming it's Canada, I'll have suggest you come.. there are a lot of jobs here for folks like you who have a degree in nursing
. Oga i beg ooo, I dey find opportunity to go to Canada I beg. I'm a real estate practitioner. How I fit do?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 02, 2016
adekzy:

I have a practising nurse who want like to travel to Canada. How will she go about the processing.

Thanks.

read and join this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by coolbreeze44: 1:09pm On May 02, 2016
Better go to UK. I lecture here in Nigeria and I would dissappear to the US or UK at the slightest chance. In developed countries you spend less of your monthly salary and save more, in a developing society like Nigeria, you spend all your salary and borrow more- so how can u buy your dream car? I have spent about 30,000 within the past 3weeks on fuel for car and gen, other unavoidable expenses are within 50,000. I earn a litle above 100k, now how can I save?

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by olive282(f): 1:13pm On May 02, 2016
Bjergtrolde:

Take up the lecturer post. You are still young and after 3-5 years if you decide to go to the UK for nursing, it would be great on your CV.

I actually tink hz ryt...a bird in hand is better dan 2 in d bush....tk up dz opp...and also go for ur masters...u cnt jst gt a job abroad...u hav to go tru processes..nd durin those tyms....ur expected to spend.....hw wil u cope wid d expenses....u'l hv to manage lil jobs such as workin at a restaurant...nd d last tym i checkd...being a lecturer z better dan dat...50% of pple dt go abroad to mk moni do not mak it dah big so easily....most of dem jst show off in naija....so think twice dear
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by prettyeyo: 1:27pm On May 02, 2016
Honestly, I would ask you to take the lecturing job, it doesn't mean you'll end up in that sector forever! You can become anything else later in life. Alot of our youths go abroad and waste their youthful age achieving nothing and no career at all.. Think about it sha.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by DesChyko: 1:31pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

I.T.K.
You also made a mistake.
It should be "maybe practicing Nursing would be. .." and not "maybe practice Nursing...."
A$$ H©L£

No man is an island of knowledge. You should have corrected him with decorum. Practice is a noun in British English, thus practicing is non-existent. It should be practising.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by chiefconerstone: 1:32pm On May 02, 2016
I will advice you to ask anyone from Nigeria who left Nigeria with BSc Nursing for USA or great Britain and made it instantly . Your expectations are marveling for a young graduate. I am surprised that you don't have any passion except for mundane things like range rover and sport cars. is that all you are about? Those things that get outdated with time and usage? After that then what ? have you not seen illiterate mechanic driving such things in Nigeria? May God deliver you from mundane things. Go to the west or Europe and see how Nigerian are paying taxes forever and are been treated like second class citizens. I will rather be a king in my own country even if I am drinking gari everyday. My brother nurses a driving something better than Jeeps in this country. There is no faster way around these things . Either way you will have to work for it and of course cars are liabilities not asset.

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Schwartz: 1:49pm On May 02, 2016
chiefconerstone:
I will advice you to ask anyone from Nigeria who left Nigeria with BSc Nursing for USA or great Britain and made it instantly . Your expectations are marveling for a young graduate. I am surprised that you don't have any passion except for mundane things like range rover and sport cars. is that all you are about? Those things that get outdated with time and usage? After that then what ? have you not seen illiterate mechanic driving such things in Nigeria? May God deliver you from mundane things. Go to the west or Europe and see how Nigerian are paying taxes forever and are been treated like second class citizens. I will rather be a king in my own country even if I am drinking gari everyday. My brother nurses a driving something better than Jeeps in this country. There is no faster way around these things . Either way you will have to work for it and of course cars are liabilities not asset.
You deserve a bottle of red wine for this comment. Range rover indeed. Let him come to UK and pick Range rover the way others are picking it. Dreamer tongue
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by worry359(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2016
Nursing in the UK (and probably the USA) is a very stressful and exhausting job.
It is not an easy way to make money.
They return home from work worn out and often suffering mental problems from the pressure and stress of the job.
If you have a paying job I would stick with that and not risk everything by moving into the unknown for a dream that might become a nightmare.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by note123: 2:43pm On May 02, 2016
[You are luck to be offered a job in a country where millions of youth on the street looking for job.stay here and your jobqquote author=enieme post=45214948]
the grass is not always greener on the other side.
UK rules are pretty strict now that after ur studies, ur expected to pack ur load and return to ur home. And even if u find a way of staying back, it will take u years to buy that range rover - why? BillS.
Just go for the lecturing job and u could go for ur masters by taking a study leave so even after u come back, ull still have your joB And with a higher pay too.

You can also try finding a way to get urself posted to the university( provided ur qualified) as ur ppa so u don't lose the offer.

you're lucky sef, not many pple ha've the luxury of having a job at wait for them[/quote]
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by tenny07(m): 2:47pm On May 02, 2016
I must first congratulate you for this offers. but have you thought of it if you go abroad can you be given and offer of an office job and not a dirty job that most blacks with good cetification do. but as an academic here in nigeria you can still get an open offer to abroa for research and seminars. so please weigh your options and pray over your final decision. God bless our huzzles
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by tobechukwuka(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2016
chiefconerstone:
Thank you dear! You hit the nail on the head.
That OP has a kiddish mentality. He talk like all this internet scammers. So his problem is just to drive range rover? smh
Another, his insultive nature over a slightest correction. WHAT A KID!
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 3:00pm On May 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Both of you are buffoons for derailing the thread angry

Jus kidding. Two fighting cheesy

You wan make we face the wall or stoop down?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Duru009(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2016
oh boy see opportunity.
this guy wan thru- way
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 3:02pm On May 02, 2016
otitokoroleti:
u badt, lmao. thought(past of think) & taught(past of teach).

Make hin students no begin tell am, teacher don't teach me nonsense.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Ishilove: 3:46pm On May 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You wan make we face the wall or stoop down?
Do frog jump
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by RALPHOW(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2016
[quote author=enieme post=45214948]
the grass is not always greener on the other side.
UK rules are pretty strict now that after ur studies, ur expected to pack ur load and return to ur home. And even if u find a way of staying back, it will take u years to buy that range rover - why? BillS.
Just go for the lecturing job and u could go for ur masters by taking a study leave so even after u come back, ull still have your joB And with a higher pay too.

You can also try finding a way to get urself posted to the university( provided ur qualified) as ur ppa so u don't lose the offer.

you're lucky sef, not many pple ha've the luxury of having a job at wait for them[/quote

NO, I actually planned to give you the same advice from personal experience, but seen your discipline, you stand a better chance abroad UK/ US/ CANADA. You will ride Ranger Rovers soon. However make sure you don't travel out of this country with visitors VISA (Please don't allow anybody to deceive you that you will change status over there) go with students visa or WORK PERMIT.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 02, 2016
[quote author=RALPHOW post=45247740][/quote]
true, u have a point there as well. but maybe somewhere else other than UK. USA or Canada perhaps.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 02, 2016
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On May 02, 2016
Ishilove:
Do frog jump
Haba, you be soja?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 4:21pm On May 02, 2016
Ishilove:
Do frog jump
Haba, you be soja?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by RALPHOW(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2016
I actually planned to advice you against travelling to UK from personal experience, but seen your discipline, you stand a better chance abroad UK/ US/ CANADA. You will ride Range Rovers soon.
However make sure you don't travel out of this country with visitors VISA (Please don't allow anybody to deceive you that you will change status over there) go with students visa or WORK PERMIT. WITH GOD ON YOUR SIDE, YOU WILL MAKE IT. Less I forget tell your people not to ask or expect any money from you for the next five years if you want to be successful abroad. Reinvest any money you make in the next five years on yourself and the system. The major problem with Nigeria abroad is that they don't want to invest into the system before reaping dollars/ Pounds and start building mansion n Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos / US Supreme Court Allows Parts Of Travel Ban To Take Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.