Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK (17174 Views)

Best Country To Find A Lecturing Job / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Odunharry(m): 10:48am On May 02, 2016
shots everywhere
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by honsaint(m): 10:49am On May 02, 2016
enieme:

the grass is not always greener on the other side.
UK rules are pretty strict now that after ur studies, ur expected to pack ur load and return to ur home. And even if u find a way of staying back, it will take u years to buy that range rover - why? BillS.
Just go for the lecturing job and u could go for ur masters by taking a study leave so even after u come back, ull still have your joB And with a higher pay too.

You can also try finding a way to get urself posted to the university( provided ur qualified) as ur ppa so u don't lose the offer.

you're lucky sef, not many pple ha've the luxury of having a job at wait for them

Nice one jare

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by otitokoroleti: 10:49am On May 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

To be a very good lecturer, you would be expected to understand that 'thought' does not mean 'taught'.

Maybe Practice Nursing would be a good idea, just remember to dose codeine and not paracetamol!!!!
u badt, lmao. thought(past of think) & taught(past of teach).
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Sunnynwa: 10:50am On May 02, 2016
Relocate to the UK if you can get a work visa.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by jonny86(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2016
Guy, without missing word. Go to uk. You will make it big time there. You can always learn how to cross the bridge when you get there. I'm a graduate assistant in one of the Federal University and I'm currently in the UK doing my master. The weekend pay alone for my part time work here is more than my monthly salary in Nigeria which is not even regular

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Jexyme(f): 10:52am On May 02, 2016
Don't be a fool son.

Accept the lecturing job. As a lecturer it's ur birth right to go for PG studies.

Job isn't easy to get globally, and more especially in the country where we are.

Above all, may God guide u.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by schumastic(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2016
oldtopics:

ur english is great thats what i taught sad go tu u.kay

that's grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Sunnynwa: 10:54am On May 02, 2016
Op, relocate to the UK but before you do that, try taking the IELTS and if you score enough points, you should be able to land a nursing job as Nursing has been added to the shortage of occupation list.

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by onatisi(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

So when he came visiting, he saw an
enlarged pic of my sister that was
hanging on the sitting room, he asked
my dad about my sisters whereabout
and my dad told him that my sister is
serving but about to round up (she
has now rounded up)
He told my dad to tell her to apply for
the ongoing police recruitment which
my sister has done.
He strongly promised to be of help.
In my own case, my dad told him
about me, my course, school, class of
degree etc.

He proposed a lecturing job for me.
He was too serious to meet whoever
that perfected the thing in a glance.
He called my dad yesterday that I
should go to the school and meet my
H.O.D.
I went to they school today and my
H.O.D.told me that I have been
approved to be a graduate assistant
after nysc or I should go for my
masters first and be an assistant
lecturer.

Why is no one seeing the negative aspects of this posts?
Someone got employed without even applying for the job?
What about many others who are overly qualified and who may have applied for that same post but rejected all because the op knows a powerful figure in politics.
When I said some days earlier that 90% of those applying for the police jobs are simply wasting their time because the available slots have already been shared among political office holders ,here is an vindication of that opinion

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by able20(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2016
Pranxta:
Op, do what you are comfortable with and what pleases you...
Moreover you should make research of how much you tend to earn as a lecturer and how much you could earn abroad ...

as for me i wld go abroad, cos nurses are fully paid big over there
"Nurses are paid big" are you a UK or EC citizen

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by livinbygrace: 11:01am On May 02, 2016
"I am a Graduate"that statement or believe has ruined many destinies,i know of.Think twice else you ll regrets your action.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by OreoPaschal(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Bad attitude all over

And your written English is atrocious for someone hoping to be a lecturer.
You shouldn't expect nothing other than what he did...when he is a nurse!..Most male nurses are sissies! grin

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by sibb2011: 11:08am On May 02, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:
my dear RUN go collect UK visa

move from this ZOO as immediate as you possibly can.

say goodbye to hardship and fulani massacre

at least until 2019 when power will return to the People's Democratic Party Leadership

......it pains me seeing our people giving up all hopes on Nigeria. Why are Nigerians calling this country a zoo? As the Lord liveth, this same country will become a pride among all the nations of the earth soon in Jesus name.

OP, there's nothing wrong in going abroad to practice what you study. But, as someone says, try and weigh your options and make decision that will benefit you alone. The Lord will guide you through it in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Exodusontop(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2016
You guys should free the poor OP abeg. If you don't anything to contribute, come read and go just like me...English na ur mama language? Nairaland, the best place ever.

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by chinchum(m): 11:15am On May 02, 2016
With your degree in nursing, you are better suited outside in UK. Leave !

Change the 'round up' in your post to 'round off'

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by ephi123(f): 11:19am On May 02, 2016
OP, this your attitude get as e be oh. No one is above correction, if you can't take correction simply ignore it rather than dragging issues as if in a mud fight.

As onatisi pointed out, I am surprised no one spoke about the manner in which the job was obtained. What about qualified candidates, what happens to them? Herein lies the problem of Nigeria, nepotism at various levels.

UK is only palatable if you have a valid work permit, and even with that be ready for the numerous bills/taxes that come along with it. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by akyus(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2016
Except if your uk relative owns hospital, I advice that you grab the present opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2016
follow r dad advise... that the best bro...
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by nonix22(m): 11:22am On May 02, 2016
hmmm, as someone commented "the grass is always greener @ the other side". UK no be pot of beans o. I lived in UK for roughly 4 years inclusive of my MSc I did there; after comparing the standard of living I used to have in Naija b4 I travelled even as unemployed as I was then- I never waited for someone to tell me that " guy, na suffer U dey suffer for here o" .
If you are not ready to mop floors, wash loads of toilets or stand for 8-12 hrs doing security or some factory jobs while enduring insults from ordinĂ ry first school leaving certificate holder holder whom may probably be ur supervisor in ur place of work, nwanne stay back in naija o. cos that is what you are probably going to start with to put body and soul together before you get ur dream nursing job. Also, UK gives little regard 4 our degrees, they are just interested in the thousands of pounds we bring in to pay to study there after that you go fear quit notice as if no be them were begging you to com study there.
In naija, someone can easily invite you to his house or when you visit- there will be enough eating and drinking and lafta but in UK no one has anybody's time if they don't have anything they will gain from you directly. hmm, u say ur cousin dey advise u to show, if u had said ur blood brother or sister I will concur and approve immediately. mind u abroad is like a jungle and as the saying goes " there is no brother in jungle". even some regard card sellers in naija are far better than those UK guys u see showing off on facebook and co.
You are evn lucky that someone is trying to help u in naija without abeg Sir. In UK, .... hmm!
I don talk finish o.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 11:22am On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
Hi pals.
I'm a graduate of Nursing Science
( BNSc, RN)
I'm yet to serve though(nysc)
But the problem now is that I have
always nursed the idea of joining my
cousin in the Uk after nysc.
But of recent, they young man who
happens to be my constituency
representative (Federal Reps) came to
our house to pay a courtesy visit to
my dad. (My dad thought him in
primary six and registered him for his
first school living certificate exam,
because he was very brilliant. A
gesture he normally do then as a
young teacher)

has now rounded up)
my sister has done.
degree etc.

H.O.D.
lecturer.

The issue is that I want to travel to UK
and make it big with my Nursing
degree.
I have not seen a lecturer that rides
Range Rover sports car and its like
and I want to be among the Range
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

UK no be am o, talking from experience and regret. Time and money wasted.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Charly68: 11:23am On May 02, 2016
Get your lecturing job and move up in life...it is an opportunity you must not miss..when you get the privilege of choosing between choice & chance which one do you think is better. There are things the divinity throws at you to give you sense of director to your life purpose. Your dream of riding new range rover to me is good but childish in this context. What you become in life is already in your brain..use it well in Naija & you will live advance life here is if you are in Britain. Life across the bother is not a bed of roses. You will work like slave over there. Those who really have self worth don't take stupid adventure in life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by ocheejemb: 11:25am On May 02, 2016
The UK does need nurses and I believe it is classed as a shortage occupation, so with a bit of luck and direction you may get a job there. You may never buy a Range Rover Sport as a UK Nurse though, don't get it twisted,

8 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by nonix22(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2016
hmmm, as someone commented "the grass is not always greener @ the other side". UK no be pot of beans o. I lived in UK for roughly 4 years inclusive of my MSc I did there; after comparing the standard of living I used to have in Naija b4 I travelled even as unemployed as I was then- I never waited for someone to tell me that " guy, na suffer U dey suffer for here o" .
If you are not ready to mop floors, wash loads of toilets or stand for 8-12 hrs doing security or some factory jobs while enduring insults from ordinĂ ry first school leaving certificate holder holder whom may probably be ur supervisor in ur place of work, nwanne stay back in naija o. cos that is what you are probably going to start with to put body and soul together before you get ur dream nursing job. Also, UK gives little regard 4 our degrees, they are just interested in the thousands of pounds we bring in to pay to study there after that you go fear quit notice as if no be them were begging you to com study there.
In naija, someone can easily invite you to his house or when you visit- there will be enough eating and drinking and lafta but in UK no one has anybody's time if they don't have anything they will gain from you directly. hmm, u say ur cousin dey advise u to show, if u had said ur blood brother or sister I will concur and approve immediately. mind u abroad is like a jungle and as the saying goes " there is no brother in jungle". even some regard card sellers in naija are far better than those UK guys u see showing off on facebook and co.
You are evn lucky that someone is trying to help u in naija without abeg Sir. In UK, .... hmm!
I don talk finish o. others dey but na secondary. abi, na racism u wan talk?? naija na tribalism and everyone seem not to be bothered.
there is one old saying chant when I am in group of friends and every1 will burst in2 lafta "who no go- no know!,"
i'm out

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 11:27am On May 02, 2016
If you think u can become a lecturer just like that cause u hve bsc in nursing nd going for nysc. you must be joking, no phd, no msc, no teaching experience.. Well maybe lecturing job at waec special centre lesson.. Bro seize this opportunity and fly away, nursing job is high in demand over there. Wft are you waiting for
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by politicalpastor: 11:28am On May 02, 2016
U better take that job unless you coming to uk with greencard. If not. U will regret it. Uk of all places not even America.
I tbought they said there is no job in Nigeria? Why this one dey leave lecturing job offer dey come uk. Na wah for Nigerians oh.

( BNSc, RN)
young teacher)

has now rounded up)
my sister has done.
degree etc.

H.O.D.
lecturer.

degree.
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

[/quote]
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by adekzy: 11:42am On May 02, 2016
BreadandBeans:
Well OP, Assuming it's Canada, I'll have suggest you come.. there are a lot of jobs here for folks like you who have a degree in nursing

I have a practising nurse who want like to travel to Canada. How will she go about the processing.

Thanks.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by banmee(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
Hi pals.
( BNSc, RN)
young teacher)

has now rounded up)
my sister has done.
degree etc.

H.O.D.
lecturer.

degree.
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

You studied nursing and you want to stay in Nigeria. Seriously? Forget the U.K, head to the U.S. They will welcome you with open arms. Guaranteed 70k starting salary.

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by EazyMoh(m): 11:51am On May 02, 2016
God help us!
Guy please go UK and flex. Have mercy on the students of that school. Ah ah which kind lecturer you go be? Not that the ones we have are any better.
On second thought, if you think the politician will still be in office beyond 2019, just go to your UK. When you come back you go find him again, or make your dad call him.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 02, 2016
why not try USA or Canada? Go for masters in america. Thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware! Possible Heavy Traffic On Lagos-ibadan Expressway By 1st, 2nd And 3rd Of / Pictured: Roofless Main Terminal Of Yola Airport In Nigeria / Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.