Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result (18336 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Vs TECNO Camon X Pro - Speed Test, RAM Management & Battery Life / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Youngpo413: 2:42am On May 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Download speed in MB/s depends on the website u are downloading from. Internet speed is measured in mbps. Even if u are getting 80mbps and the website u are downloading from has low bandwidth u will still get low download speed. Ideally with 80mbps u should be downloading at between 7-8 MB/s but if the website has low bandwidth u wont get that speed.
you are very correct.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Nobody: 6:49am On May 03, 2016
cahrym:
Where can i get mine in Lagos?

Maybe in the Lagoon lol. Ntel are not serious yet, I don't even think they have up to 20,000 subscribers yet and they supposedly launched on April 8th that is almost 1 month. people are getting 50mbps now with less than 20,000 subscribers, lets see what the speed will be when they have 5 million subscribers.

4 Likes

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by cahrym(m): 8:13am On May 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Maybe in the Lagoon lol. Ntel are not serious yet, I don't even think they have up to 20,000 subscribers yet and they supposedly launched on April 8th that is almost 1 month. people are getting 50mbps now with less than 20,000 subscribers, lets see what the speed will be when they have 5 million subscribers.
Lolz
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by COMPAQ(m): 12:50am On May 04, 2016
greenhulk:

If they ever get to 5m subscribers at this rate...!

1 Like

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Jeekarick: 8:54pm On May 08, 2016
Please dustmalik, can you give us the names of phones that you have confirmed actually work with ntel sim I am using one plus but apparently they said it's not compatible and going for a tecno sounds so strange to me so please if there are other well known devices out there that one can actually get and it works please let us know.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 9:14pm On May 08, 2016
Jeekarick:
Please dustmalik, can you give us the names of phones that you have confirmed actually work with ntel sim I am using one plus but apparently they said it's not compatible and going for a tecno sounds so strange to me so please if there are other well known devices out there that one can actually get and it works please let us know.
I just visited the official website of One Plus, and it clearly states that One plus One and One Plus Two and all their variants are compatible with ntel's LTE band 3 and band 8. So, yes, it should work fine.
Once you insert ntel's sim, network will most likely not come up immediately, since ntel is a pure 4G network, no 3g or 2g. What you need to do is, go to your phone's dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#*, then press Phone Information. Now, scroll down to where you can change network type and change it to 'LTE only', press the 'Update' tab. Now go and create a new APN as APN = ntel, save it and use it as the default APN. that's all.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Jeekarick: 11:02pm On May 08, 2016
Dustmalik, I tried what you ask me to, but after changing it to LTE only, if I press the update tab is says update error but when I press the refresh button that is besides the update tab some figures appear on the line besides the update tab. I don't know if am doing the right thing or not but up till now it's still not working.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 11:41pm On May 08, 2016
Jeekarick:
Dustmalik, I tried what you ask me to, but after changing it to LTE only, if I press the update tab is says update error but when I press the refresh button that is besides the update tab some figures appear on the line besides the update tab. I don't know if am doing the right thing or not but up till now it's still not working.
Have you created a new APN, using ntel as the APN? if so, make sure the apn is selected as the one to use.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Jeekarick: 7:58am On May 09, 2016
I created the APN but still nothing I don't know if it's because of the error message when I press the update tab here is a screenshot of it

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 9:06am On May 09, 2016
Jeekarick:
I created the APN but still nothing I don't know if it's because of the error message when I press the update tab here is a screenshot of it
The error message is normal. That is not the problem. I really don't know what to suggest again. Maybe you should take your phone to ntel office, see if they can do anything about it.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Jeekarick: 10:00am On May 09, 2016
Thanks for your help I will do that
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 10:23am On May 09, 2016
Jeekarick:
Thanks for your help I will do that
You are welcome.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by honsule(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2016
franciskaine:
Ntel over hyping and deceiving themself, when they are ready to do biz we shall know.

they are still test running their 4G LTE even after 1st May, 2016. some of us are still enjoying free and unlimited download till further notice cool cool
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Jeekarick: 2:13pm On May 09, 2016
Dustmalik, if I should get Nokia lumia 1320 like the one u have will I need to do any serious configuration? Or which phone will u advice I get
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 2:28pm On May 09, 2016
Jeekarick:
Dustmalik, if I should get Nokia lumia 1320 like the one u have will I need to do any serious configuration? Or which phone will u advice I get
I would advice you to get a device that performs better. Probably a device with at least category 4 LTE specification. Because, given how good network is where I'm now, I'm suppose to be getting above 50Mbps, but the Lumia seems to limit my speed between 40 - 50Mbps, even at nights. Also, if you want to get a device that would be fully compatible with ntel network, then you might consider the Tecno C5(ntel version). ntel personnel told me that their own version of C5 will have VoLTE support on the network, unlike non ntel version of the phone.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by muzammilwaziri: 6:44am On May 12, 2016
ntel works perfectly on all iPads with sim card.....imagine the unlimited speed
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 8:20am On May 12, 2016
muzammilwaziri:
ntel works perfectly on all iPads with sim card.....imagine the unlimited speed
Okay. Could you post your best speed?
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by toluxa1(m): 1:47am On May 13, 2016
My NTEL download speed just now shocked grin

I do not get this speed steady but I happened to get it now.

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 2:57am On May 13, 2016
toluxa1:
My NTEL download speed just now shocked grin

I do not get this speed steady but I happened to get it now.
Interesting. What device are you using as modem, and what's your location?
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by toluxa1(m): 5:47am On May 13, 2016
dustmalik:

Interesting. What device are you using as modem, and what's your location?

Unlocked spectranet mifi, Idu
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 6:50am On May 13, 2016
toluxa1:

Okay. What is the full model name of the modem? I mean, for instance, Huawei E5432-765
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by walcolm(m): 7:27am On May 13, 2016
toluxa1:

how do i unlock my spectranet unit? pls share or give me a contact i can reach you on
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by toluxa1(m): 12:39pm On May 13, 2016
walcolm:

how do i unlock my spectranet unit? pls share or give me a contact i can reach you on

I saw a number of a guy on OLX who unlocks for 1000 naira. He did it
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by toluxa1(m): 12:42pm On May 13, 2016
dustmalik:

Okay. What is the full model name of the modem? I mean, for instance, Huawei E5432-765

Which one are you using.

E5372s-601
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 1:41pm On May 13, 2016
toluxa1:

Which one are you using.

E5372s-601
I'm using a Lumia to tether via WiFi. I thought you have the new Huawei E5578 spectranet are now issuing.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by DanGombe1: 7:19pm On May 13, 2016
Hello Guys,

Quick question.

Is the unlimited promo still on or has it ended ?!

Secondly, apart from the data network has the voice network (VOLTE) been activated?!

Finally, can someone post a list of their tariffs ?!

Thanks
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 9:10pm On May 13, 2016
DanGombe1:
Hello Guys,

Quick question.

Is the unlimited promo still on or has it ended ?!

Secondly, apart from the data network has the voice network (VOLTE) been activated?!

Finally, can someone post a list of their tariffs ?!

Thanks
Unlimited promo is for the next three months, for the pioneers, of course.

Voice hasn't been activated yet

Not sure about the tariffs.
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Stanley08(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2016
jmichlins:
ok so for me to get it i have t visit the hotel right? Do you know why cowbell became one of the hottest milk brand in nigeria? That is because they understood the market and knew that they have to make their products available for the low income earners who are the highest number of the population. So if their sim is for the rich then they will sell off before they know it

Your comments are irritating. It's a brandnew network, give them time to rollout. What is all this bullcrap u writing about it being for the rich? etc. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHEN MTN SIM WAS 30K+ and 'NOT-RICH PEOPLE' couldn't buy it?

They are only in Abuja now, with time they will be all over the country. Give them time! They have to start from somewhere! Soon the sim will be like purewater everywhere. But for today and right now, it's not so accept that.

And instead of saying it's for the rich, go where the 'not rich' people are and stay nah!

On an unrelated but relevant note,
"Nothing is too expensive, it's just not for your class"

No disrespect meant, just facts. smiley

1 Like

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by Stanley08(m): 1:34am On May 21, 2016
Instead of people to stay on topic and post what shouted they have on Ntel, those without the SIMs are coming to post conspiracy theories. Mhen!!!!
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by saint2ace(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
dustmalik:
The intent of this thread isn't about showing off impressive ntel download speed, but to show others how devices performance may vary from one another, even those with the same LTE speed specification.

I have both a BlackBerry Q10 SQN 100-3 variant and Nokia Lumia 1320, and though, they both support LTE download of up to 100Mbps and 50Mbps upload speed, the Nokia Lumia 1320 seems to perform way better than the BB Q10.

The best download speed i have achieved on the Q10 is 33Mbps, and 6Mbps upload, While the best download i have gotten on the Lumia 1320 is 50Mbps, and 36Mbps upload. In fact, the average download speed on my Lumia is 40Mbps. Mind you, i have made extensive tests for the past 11 days, both at home and away from home. I'm particularly very impressed with the upload speed of the Lumia, and in turn, ntel.

I believe that the low download speed of 50Mbps is due to device performance. Clearly, you can see that in difference between the Q10 and Lumia 1320. Also, we have seen faster ntel download speeds from a couple of other Nairalanders. So, by uploading your ntel download speed test and stating your device, others may be encouraged to get your kind of device in order to get the best out of ntel's LTE network.

Above, is my best download speed using Nokia Lumia 1320

Below, is my best Upload speed test result using Nokia Lumia 1320

Cc: honsule, melya, mikron, omodada1111, and all other ntel users, come in here and upload your speed.

Hello dustmalik, pls how did you get ur blackberry Q10 working with ntel, mine doesn't allow me create or edit APN when i have an ntel sim in it, please break down the process for me. thanks in advance
Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by dustmalik: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
saint2ace:

Hello dustmalik, pls how did you get ur blackberry Q10 working with ntel, mine doesn't allow me create or edit APN when i have an ntel sim in it, please break down the process for me. thanks in advance
I have encountered that problem on a Z30. What i did was to access the Engineering screen, and then used ntel as the default APN.

If you don't know how to access the engineering screen, follow the guide on Crackberry. here is the link http://crackberry.com/how-access-engineering-screen-blackberry-10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result by saint2ace(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
dustmalik:

I have encountered that problem on a Z30. What i did was to access the Engineering screen, and then used ntel as the default APN.

If you don't know how to access the engineering screen, follow the guide on Crackberry. here is the link http://crackberry.com/how-access-engineering-screen-blackberry-10

Thanks boss, I do appreciate; unfortunately I couldn't get into the engineering screen, got the code generated but after saving the page and restarting; I entered the code generated but nothing happened.

Read up more but seems it's a pressing issue that hasn't really been addressed.

Once again thanks for your time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Z – Introduction To The Upcoming Flagship / /////////////////// / What's So Special About The Windows Phone..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.