Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. (2099 Views)

Fayose Promotes 15,772 Workers, Pays 2months Salaries, Christmas Bonus / Ayade Pays May Salary On First Day Of The Month / PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by neolboy(m): 9:19pm On May 01, 2016
At a period the payment of salaries has become a herculean task to most of the state governments in Nigeria, the Governor of Cross River State, Professor Ben Ayade, made the issue look like a child’s play when he announced the payment of May salaries of workers in the employ of the state government on Sunday.

He made the announcement while addressing workers in the state during the 2016 May Day celebration held at the UJ. Esuene Stadium, Calabar.

Apart from the payment of this month’s salaries to the workers, Ayade announced the appointment of labour representative into the state executive council, release of funds for the building of Labour House, and donation of a new Toyota coaster bus to the NLC.

Ayade who minutes earlier had been pronounced “Best Labour Friendly Governor in Nigeria” by the organised labour in the state, said his administration would continue to dignify its workforce by ensuring that they get their dues promptly.

“No infrastructure is more important than labour that is why in all my programs, I focus on people….

“Anybody who pulls down labour does not understand the philosophy of existentialism, hence the need for labour to come before infrastructure and skyscrapers,” Ayade said.

source:www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/01/ayade-pays-cross-river-workers-may-salaries-2/

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Adebola02(m): 9:23pm On May 01, 2016
Aregbesola did you copy that?....over

6 Likes

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Caseless: 9:25pm On May 01, 2016
Better gofuno!

vote ivyy and feel the earthquake cos she's with the geologists!
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by ORACLE1975(m): 9:27pm On May 01, 2016
What?
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 01, 2016
Where are they getting their money from? Oshiomole hope u are seeing what u should be doing
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by donphilopus: 9:40pm On May 01, 2016
Oma307:
Where are they getting their money from? Oshiomole hope u are seeing what u should be doing

Last time I checked, Oshiomole ain't owing workers. So what do you want him to see? Are you also aware that Oshiomole has increased the minimum wage for Edo State Government workers from 18K to 25K?! Be appreciative joor!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by ckmayoca: 9:50pm On May 01, 2016
This na gbese oh, paying may salary on the 1st of may, he better pay June too eaarlier.

4 Likes

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by babdap: 10:03pm On May 01, 2016
The workers will now that the months of May and June would be a very long thing. If I were them could liaise with Bayelsa civil servants how they go cope between now till june ending.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by emekakelvin(m): 10:08pm On May 01, 2016
it's a good step from the Governor. Although, I have not seen this philosophy anywhere before, but I have advocated for such in my heart.
All I see, is the desire of the Governor to create a trend with the idea of payment before service as opposed to the payment after service being render in private and public sector.

1 Like

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by donogaga(m): 10:20pm On May 01, 2016
This is taking an overdraft, it will hurt if the next salary is not paid on time.

However, has he paid April? Well, if yes, what the workers need now is increment in order to meet up. All the same, he has done well. This is commendable Sir, Good job indeed, kudos!

And again, hope he will pay June salary in May, if not they will wait for 2 months before they will be paid.

I think he's the only governor in the country that has abolished taxation for low income earners.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by bb6xt(m): 10:50pm On May 01, 2016
I hope this "shock" no go turn to "rude shock" by d time wey dem no pay June salary on June 1.

Whether salaries are paid on 25th of the month or 10th of the following month doesn't matter so long as it is consistent. It is the erratic fluctuations that make mincemeat of ones plans.

2 Likes

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by saintkeppy(m): 12:30am On May 02, 2016
Good moves! A move in the right direction. Preparing grounds for his 2nd term gov'norship re-election bid come 2019. He is trying, i must commend him, even with the present economic reality couple with the peanuts the state is receiving from Federal Allocation. In governance, the welfare of the citizens should be of utmost importance. Prompt payment of salaries is one of the responsibilities that endears you to the hearts of the masses. I wish he will be able to sustain the tempo.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:18am On May 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Nobody: 1:25am On May 02, 2016
That's a good and bad news. Person go chop his salary within first week of the month and go hungry for the rest three weeks. Not funny at allgrin

Good one Mr Governor though8)
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Nobody: 3:00am On May 02, 2016
doing this isnt special to me,what will be special is continuity..else,this is just a showoff.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by moshoodn(m): 3:29am On May 02, 2016
Nice one Governor.

However, what really matters is the consistency of the 30-day interval between payments so people don't go a-borrowing.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by saintkeppy(m): 3:48am On May 02, 2016
SirJeffry:
That's a good and bad news. Person go chop his salary within first week of the month and go hungry for the rest three weeks. Not funny at allgrin

Good one Mr Governor though8)
. Is that What u think? What happens to ur savings, prudent management of money till when next salary comes. Abi u wan to dey swallow every thing the 1st week bros? Life no be so!
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by M4gunners: 4:00am On May 02, 2016
I am not impressed. Why pay salary when they have not worked? I haven't had of such, instead increase their minimum wage from 18k and stop looking for cheap praise.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Teedeechian(m): 4:26am On May 02, 2016
Now this is one hell of a shocker, I hope the real shocker doesn't surface anytime soon.Guys Today is my birthday pls click like
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by sorom4: 4:56am On May 02, 2016
Imo State a Government should borrow a leaf from Cross River instead of lying to the public that they have paid whereas they are owing since this year. Not to talk of primary teachers pensioners that are owed for more than 40 months now
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Pavore9: 5:10am On May 02, 2016
Payment before work? Hope those workers justifies it with increased productivity!
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by henryutd(m): 5:43am On May 02, 2016
sorom4:
Imo State a Government should borrow a leaf from Cross River instead of lying to the public that they have paid whereas they are owing since this year. Not to talk of primary teachers pensioners that are owed for more than 40 months now

Okorocha's phone is switched off. I am looking for his second line.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by OlujobaSamuel: 5:45am On May 02, 2016
Although I love his style of governance, but he is a prof, he should not be doing such(populist policy).
Either 1/10/20/30th of the month, it should just be consistent, when will he pay the next salary? if it's not Jun 1st, then he is wrong, because it will be more than 30days, then will have economic crisis if not properly checked.

1 Like

Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by maryjan8(f): 5:45am On May 02, 2016
Very good
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by YoursGEJ(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2016
I am anti-PDP but to say the truth, this man is performing. Surprisingly, wailers will not give this man half the praise they give Fayose.

Imagine if this was done by their golden boy fayose. Nairaland servers for don collapse
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by neolboy(m): 6:44am On May 02, 2016
I just love this prof. policy
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Nobody: 7:02am On May 02, 2016
This is wickedness o grin grin grin
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by Campusser(m): 7:03am On May 02, 2016
Dunno why people are jubilating or saying it's a shock. It should be the norm. Na because these selfish reasons politicians have made our right look as privilege
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by IrradiatoR: 7:09am On May 02, 2016
donphilopus:

Last time I checked, Oshiomole ain't owing workers. So what do you want him to see? Are you also aware that Oshiomole has increased the minimum wage for Edo State Government workers from 18K to 25K?! Be appreciative joor!!

moreover, paying May salary on the first (if true) is NOT good at all, the money can't be kept but must be spent (money spirit). . .

They have to wait for almost SIXTY Days to get another payment!!! Chai!!!
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by IrradiatoR: 7:11am On May 02, 2016
bb6xt:
I hope this "shock" no go turn to "rude shock" by d time wey dem no pay June salary on June 1.

Whether salaries are paid on 25th of the month or 10th of the following month doesn't matter so long as it is consistent. It is the erratic fluctuations that make mincemeat of ones plans.
Re: Cross River State Governor Shocks Workers, Pays May Salary. by tinkinjow: 7:25am On May 02, 2016
...and June is going to be a very difficult month for them

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Denies Bombing Buhari / Message From Edo Boy To Yoruba's / 2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.