Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? (2358 Views)

One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David / A Tribute To Freeman David / Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by MrLeno(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2016
Two years of my life will always stand out. The year 2005, the year we met and the year 2016, the year of your demise. 2005 was when I first met you. Then, I just joined Classical International School, Warri as a student in SS2 and our friendship was instant. I can't explain how it happened but suddenly we were more than buddies. We got into trouble together, we came out together but you were always there. We celebrated life successes together as time went on, as we achieved bit by bit, climbing through life's social stracta and aiming for the ultimate goal of self fulfilment. Your dreams were insurmountable. You always had a passion for the military. You always spoke of how much you wanted to get in and you shared some of the reforms you had in mind if given the opportunity to rise to the top. Your impact in my life is immeasurable. You hounded me into taking personal interest in the internet back in 2009 when I felt it was a bother. You introduced me to this forum and helped me create my profile. And even though I wasn't an active member as a commenter, I rarely missed a day without visiting and getting updated with news or trivia. Your soul was pure Freeman, purer than mine I daresay. You loved your family more than your self. Your sister was your all in all. Your mother? I can't even begin to start describing what she meant to you because your plans for her I knew them all. How would they cope now Freeman? I looked at your mum yesterday and I could not fathom just why it had to be you. Why?? Your life preached gentility. You didn't need to say it yourself. You were Meek to the letter. And like a lamb, you succumbed to death. Why did you not fight this my brother? Why did you not fight this?? This life makes no sense. We did not ask to be born so why do we come and get cut off in our prime? I cannot recall when last I shed a tear, not even when I got the news of your death initially because I did not just believe it possible. You whom I spoke with just that Friday morning and we were finalising plans of how you would travel to PH against the Air force screening test coming up this week. Little did I know that in the evening you would be gone. How I wish I stopped by when I passed your place Thursday evening. But when it finally hit me that Freeman is lying in the mortuary. My Freeman, My Saachi, in mortuary?? It was then I lost it. My heart is pained. I am wailing. The PDP people do not know what wailing is. My chest is hurting me. My head is migraine personified. Sleep is not helping. How do I cope with this? Can anyone help me cope with the fact that he is no more?? Who will read all his John Grisham books?? What about his mother and sister? How will they cope? How about I and his other friends?? What will we do? Almighty God, I beg you to please grant my brother and friend eternal peace. I cannot help him now. He is now in your care. Please help his soul to find peace. That is only what I can ask now. Freeman David Remilekun, a part of me will not forgive you. But I do not have the power to do anything about it. On my part, I will try as much as I can to be that brother to your sister and Son to your mother. It cannot be the same, but it is the little I can do here. God rest your soul my friend. I hope you're in a better place now.

cc Lalasticlala, RoyalRoy, Blissb

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Ayo081(m): 7:36am On May 02, 2016
Rip
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by BlissB(f): 7:39am On May 02, 2016
Ha! Remi..... Will i ever forgive you I am angry... Very angry... People will say do not talk ill of the dead but pls am sorry i have to... The very one thing u desired for me you did not wait to see it... You are very wicked.... Anytime we were together, yourself and MrLeno were always arguing, even when i call i must hear you guys arguing.... Then i will be complaining but now i am not complaining.. Come back and scream at Leno i will remain silent.... Freeman you offended me greatly... I am pained..... Lekun.... Whyyyy
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by warrenweste(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2016
Oh sorry about your loss is he a nairalander? What's his monicker?

May he soul Ripp
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by MrLeno(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2016
warrenweste:
Oh sorry about your loss is he a nairalander? What's his monicker?

May he soul Ripp

Yes he is. A very active one at that. He initially was Freemanan until he deactivated that account and created FreemanDave
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by kwencypresh(f): 7:58am On May 02, 2016
Rip Dave
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by fairygeh(f): 8:02am On May 02, 2016
RIP to him,so sad
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by speciallymade(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2016
So sad... RIP
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by ricsman(m): 8:14am On May 02, 2016
BlissB:
Ha! Remi..... Will i ever forgive you I am angry... Very angry... People will say do not talk ill of the dead but pls am sorry i have to... The very one thing u desired for me you did not wait to see it... You are very wicked.... Anytime we were together, yourself and MrLeno were always arguing, even when i call i must hear you guys arguing.... Then i will be complaining but now i am not complaining.. Come back and scream at Leno i will remain silent.... Freeman you offended me greatly... I am pained..... Lekun.... Whyyyy
such is life dear
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by IcePrincezzz(f): 8:19am On May 02, 2016
Its just so sad that such a beautiful soul is gone..... cry

Remember his FTC rendezvous? His witty comments.......

RIP Freemanan. I will miss u.
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Nobody: 8:23am On May 02, 2016
Wow, seems like he really meant alot to you.
This may sound stupid, but i never really thought that we nairalanders die, i always though we'd live forever
I dont know freeman, but the fact that he also posted in this same forum as me and has suddenly lost his life gives me all kinds of feels
We should try to value the people we love while they are still here.

BlissB:

I'm sorry for your grieve, accept my sympathies.

3 Likes

Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by BlissB(f): 9:14am On May 02, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
Wow, seems like he really meant alot to you.
This may sound stupid, but i never really thought that we nairalanders die, i always though we'd live forever
I dont know freeman, but the fact that he also posted in this same forum as me and has suddenly lost his life gives me all kinds of feels
We should try to value the people we love while they are still here.

I'm sorry for your grieve, accept my sympathies.
Thanks my dear
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by fratermathy(m): 12:47pm On May 02, 2016
MrLeno:
Two years of my life will always stand out. The year 2005, the year we met and the year 2016, the year of your demise. 2005 was when I first met you. Then, I just joined Classical International School, Warri as a student in SS2 and our friendship was instant. I can't explain how it happened but suddenly we were more than buddies. We got into trouble together, we came out together but you were always there. We celebrated life successes together as time went on, as we achieved bit by bit, climbing through life's social stracta and aiming for the ultimate goal of self fulfilment. Your dreams were insurmountable. You always had a passion for the military. You always spoke of how much you wanted to get in and you shared some of the reforms you had in mind if given the opportunity to rise to the top. Your impact in my life is immeasurable. You hounded me into taking personal interest in the internet back in 2009 when I felt it was a bother. You introduced me to this forum and helped me create my profile. And even though I wasn't an active member as a commenter, I rarely missed a day without visiting and getting updated with news or trivia. Your soul was pure Freeman, purer than mine I daresay. You loved your family more than your self. Your sister was your all in all. Your mother? I can't even begin to start describing what she meant to you because your plans for her I knew them all. How would they cope now Freeman? I looked at your mum yesterday and I could not fathom just why it had to be you. Why?? Your life preached gentility. You didn't need to say it yourself. You were Meek to the letter. And like a lamb, you succumbed to death. Why did you not fight this my brother? Why did you not fight this?? This life makes no sense. We did not ask to be born so why do we come and get cut off in our prime? I cannot recall when last I shed a tear, not even when I got the news of your death initially because I did not just believe it possible. You whom I spoke with just that Friday morning and we were finalising plans of how you would travel to PH against the Air force screening test coming up this week. Little did I know that in the evening you would be gone. How I wish I stopped by when I passed your place Thursday evening. But when it finally hit me that Freeman is lying in the mortuary. My Freeman, My Saachi, in mortuary?? It was then I lost it. My heart is pained. I am wailing. The PDP people do not know what wailing is. My chest is hurting me. My head is migraine personified. Sleep is not helping. How do I cope with this? Can anyone help me cope with the fact that he is no more?? Who will read all his John Grisham books?? What about his mother and sister? How will they cope? How about I and his other friends?? What will we do? Almighty God, I beg you to please grant my brother and friend eternal peace. I cannot help him now. He is now in your care. Please help his soul to find peace. That is only what I can ask now. Freeman David Remilekun, a part of me will not forgive you. But I do not have the power to do anything about it. On my part, I will try as much as I can to be that brother to your sister and Son to your mother. It cannot be the same, but it is the little I can do here. God rest your soul my friend. I hope you're in a better place now.

Take heart MrLeno! It was a big blow but Freeman is finally FREE!!! He alone knows the reason for his action. He alone knows why... We can only wonder. Is there any burial plan?
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Ptoocool(m): 12:47pm On May 02, 2016
Served alongside Dave in BY just last year,,this is unbelievable, he's so full of life, vibrant n' jovial,,even though we had our low moments, you still can't help but love this dude,,

I find it disturbing typing RIP to such a young soul, but heard we die to live again, till we meet again Dave, God rest your soul..
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 02, 2016
RIP Freemanan. I was not even online when I heard the news of his death.
My heart is heavy.
My the Lord give the family and close relatives the fortitude to bear the loss.
God knows best!
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by johndwayy(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2016
R. I. P Freeman.
MrLeno and BlissB, where does he live and what about burial plans?

1 Like

Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Swissheart(f): 1:12pm On May 02, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry..... I hate to feel this way. We didn't come here on our own volition, why dispatch us when we aren't set ??. At least allow us make a choice for once!

RIP 'Man

1 Like

Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by telemapreye1(f): 2:03pm On May 02, 2016
RIP to him

Remilekun...who are we to question God?
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by MrLeno(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2016
johndwayy:
R. I. P Freeman.
MrLeno and BlissB, where does he live and what about burial plans?

We're currently with the family so when plans are finalised we will inform you guys. He lives at Warri
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by johndwayy(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2016
MrLeno:

We're currently with the family so when plans are finalised we will inform you guys. He lives at Warri
Ok.. Thanks. If i may ask, which area in warri are they staying?
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by MrLeno(m): 9:09pm On May 02, 2016
johndwayy:

Ok.. Thanks. If i may ask, which area in warri are they staying?

Alegbo. But information reaching us is that he's likely to be buried in Lagos. Because that's where he's originally from. Will keep you informed.

1 Like

Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by Pidggin(f): 9:32pm On May 02, 2016
MrLeno:

cc Lalasticlala, RoyalRoy, Blissb

Take heart and be there for his family, it is well
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by fratermathy(m): 3:26am On May 03, 2016
MrLeno:

Alegbo. But information reaching us is that he's likely to be buried in Lagos. Because that's where he's originally from. Will keep you informed.

Has the date been fixed?
Re: Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? by prettyjo(f): 7:48am On May 03, 2016
its a pity.
RIP

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Ask A Man For A Come Back? / Men Will You Divorce Your Wife If You Found Out She Was Your Best Friend's Ex? / Resign To Take Care Of The Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.