Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts (7778 Views)

Owoboy Freeman Obg: 'Calling Me A Ritualist Hurts Me' / Hope For Naira As Economy Receives $1.5bn Diaspora Boost / Gtbank Expects Further Rise In Inflation This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by ifyan(m): 9:33am On May 02, 2016
By BusinessNews Staff
Following the rise in the Consumer Price Index (CPI), which measures inflation for three consecutive months to 12.8 percent in March, experts have cautioned that the index is likely to maintain its upward trend in April.

The headline index had increased to 11.4 per cent in February from 9.6 percent in January, according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
The latest increase had been blamed on an increase in the prices of goods and services across the country, the highest year-on-year rise since July 2012.

The statistical agency also pointed out that the planting season, transportation costs as well as foreign exchange movements contributed significantly in the upward movement witnessed on the food index in March.

http://www.nairausd.com/2016/05/further-rise-in-inflation-imminent-as.html?m=1

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Hyperchi(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2016
The law of gravity says wat goes up surely come down, but naija law says wat goes up hardly come down because we elect and they appointed ppl with fish brain.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by nigeriancritic1(m): 9:44am On May 02, 2016
Hyperchi:
The law of gravity says wat goes up surely come down, but naija law says wat goes up hardly come down because we elect and they appointed ppl with fish brain.
Even if you didn't vote the fish brain, some people made the choice for you and you're stuck with it!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:45am On May 02, 2016
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:47am On May 02, 2016
It's expected grin grin grin grin
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by ifyan(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2016
Hyperchi:

Welcome to change that Nigerians ask for

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Adesiji77: 1:28pm On May 02, 2016
Anticipated...This may make the MPC to increase MPR at their next meeting.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2016/05/02/further-rise-in-inflation-imminent-as-economy-hurts/

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by ifyan(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2016
Adesiji77:
Anticipated...This may make the MPC to increase MPR at their next meeting.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2016/05/02/further-rise-in-inflation-imminent-as-economy-hurts/

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique, Mynd44

Hmmmm
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by CharlieMaria(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2016
Our Economy hurts, Yet some people who i regard as senseless are busy telling us how they emerged as the President's running mate. Which way my country?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by WildChild00(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2016
cry cry
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Zico5(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2016
our economy hurts and those that put us in this mess are abroad hidden and also enjoying life like no tomorrow. We are here praising them, even wish they come back to rule again. I wonder if we can ever live a good life here or probably Nigeria is caused. I'm very sure these people will be laughing at us cos of our ignorance, they know they dear not show their face here unless being repatriated. We will all reap whatever we sow, not only that those that support evils will also be punished no matter how

3 Likes

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by eleojo23: 2:13pm On May 02, 2016
Bubu has bad luck when it comes to economics.
I hope things change for good soon for the sake of innocent Nigerians who have been forced to live with this change brought upon them by the myopic set of people who voted for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by chimah3(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2016
sad
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by chesterlee(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2016
The pains of Buharinomics!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Leviseed: 2:14pm On May 02, 2016
This regime lacks good economic team.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Pavarottii(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2016
Some zombies say there is hope. Let us be hoping.

Buhari will be the worse thing that will happen to Nigeria till 2019.

I don tire I swear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by chally02(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2016
We need to ask for the mercy of God in this country, I begin to wonder if this president carry "badluck" follow body

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Acidosis(m): 2:16pm On May 02, 2016
Courtesy of Buhari's archaically backward policies.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Reference(m): 2:20pm On May 02, 2016
Hmmm....when it rains, it pours.
Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by okuwehcris: 2:22pm On May 02, 2016
Apart from being setimental about issues, pls is the govt trying to tell us things are good and we shld be happy with them? I don't want to insult d govt but they just have fix d economy for it to work fast or they resign their appointment as what ever they are in office. I'm so tired of this govt...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by okuwehcris: 2:23pm On May 02, 2016
Apart from being setimental about issues, pls is the govt trying to tell us things are good and we shld be happy with them? I don't want to insult d govt but they just have to fix d economy for it to work fast or they resign their appointment as what ever they are in office. I'm so tired of this govt...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by onatisi(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2016
Anyone thinking that the signing and passage of this year budget in may will change the economic fortunes of the nation is either a blinded political supporter of buhari or just a complete dreamer.
The bitter truth is that buhari and his so called team have lost control of the nation economic ship in today's global economic sea and they are going with the tide ,there is no sense of direction or purpose ,all they are hoping for is a rise in global oil prices. Even Lai Mohammed the emperor of lies had no choice but to admit that buhari has lost control.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/6323-buhari-has-lost-control-of-nigeria-economy-lai-mohammed&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjpx9zxvbvMAhVI9mMKHU_PAkcQFggGMAA&usg=AFQjCNH5f4het-RzQD3MKfSiDOaTQHpQyg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by IBBG(m): 2:23pm On May 02, 2016
that statistic is being lenient. The current inflation on ground almost above 20%.
imagine two cups of garri is now for 100 naira

2 Likes

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by danasjoe1: 2:26pm On May 02, 2016
When You Ask A Nigerian Politician 'What's Your Take On The Heat? Journalist: What are your thoughts on this heat Nigerians are complaining about and what is government doing about it? Lai Mohammed: This is the result of PDP's misrule, they stole the ozone layer. FEMI ADESINA: Mr. President promised us change and that includes change in temperature. Change is here, embrace change. Akinwunmi Abode: We have signed a $10 million deal with LG to install air condition across the Lagos skyline. Ibe Kachikwu: I assure you all that this heat will disappear by 2pm on 29th May. Bukola Saraki: Tinubu wanted the heat to be more than this, but I opposed him out of my love for Nigeria and that's why they're witch hunting me. Goodluck Jonathan: The heat was not this bad when I left power, but Nigerians did not appreciate me. Adams Oshiomole: Diezani Alison-Madueke stole the N100 billion meant for temperature control research. Nasir El Rufai: We are in talks with General Electric to see how they can generate power for Kaduna from this heat Rauf Aregbesola: I have just approved payment of January salary so that Osun workers can buy hand fan Aliko Dangote: Next week, we are commissioning the Dangote Fan Factory. By 2030, Australia will be buying fans from us. Ben Murray-Bruce: *tweets* when Naira is weak and inflation is high automatically there will be heat. This is common sense! Ngozi Okonjo Iweala: Under the last administration, there was no political will to address climate change. Amaechi: When I wanted to go the sun to reset the temperature for the betterment of my people, Patience Jonathan sent EFCC after me. Fashola: If they had allowed me to deport all none Lagocians, there would have been cold now instead of heat! Rochas: My free education scheme has produced abt 4 students who will, in less than 30yrs time put the issue of this heat behind us!!!Change is here

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 02, 2016
Buharinomics at work..

Nothing new.

Since May 2015, Nigerians don hear am..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by JonSnow(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2016
Zoogeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by otitokoroleti: 2:29pm On May 02, 2016
wheres my intl passport sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 02, 2016
Cement added N100 in April.

Today, it has added N50 again.

Sai Barber..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by otitokoroleti: 2:33pm On May 02, 2016
Naughtysite:

Sai Barber..
SAI BARBER!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by onatisi(m): 2:36pm On May 02, 2016
Naughtysite:

Sai Barber..

3 Likes

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Coraje(m): 2:46pm On May 02, 2016
ifyan:

Welcome to change that Nigerians ask for

It will get better soon under this administration and y'all gonna eat back your words

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Further Rise In Inflation Imminent As Economy Hurts by Sunnycliff(m): 2:51pm On May 02, 2016
I wasn't surprised! When a government is insensitive to the plight of it's citizens and with zero economic knowledge this is what we get!

Just a tip of the iceberg! Zombies come and defend this una government o!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUA, Wartsila OY Of Finland Sign Agreement For Construction Of 70MW Power Plant / CBN To Issue N5, N10, And N50 Notes In Polymer Substrate Like The N20 Note / Peak Milk Distributorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.