Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

A Tribute To Freeman David - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Tribute To Freeman David (27758 Views)

One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David / Freeman David Remilekun, Are You Really Gone??? / Freeman David, A Nairalander Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To Freeman David by daxlasaint(m): 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
fratermathy:
On Friday 29th April, 2016, a great intellectual, literati, philosopher and friend departed this world of strife. I got wind of the news the following day and it was difficult to react to it. I became short of words because this friend was so full of life and bubbling with ideas. I have known him all through my years as an undergraduate student and even now, he is one of the few people I can truly call my friend. I remember how we wanted to publish a philosophical book entitled "What Happened to Man?" but for certain circumstances. I remember that we did publish a poem together "How does it feel to be a Problem?" which was published by Saraba Literary Magazine in the Solitude Edition 2013/2014. I remember when we talked about postgraduate studies and its prospects. I remember that he called Sandra James an Athenian beau. I remember that he was a bossom friend, and even beyond so, to the Iwezus; Joy and Ewere. I remember he spoke well about "Blacky" Daniel Nnamani and actually did introduce me to him. I remember our chats; some of which I still have "screen-grabbed". I remember the day you graced Lillysparrow's day with Blacky. I remember our Masonic alignments and ideals. The Hobbessian state of nature. I remember... EVERYTHING!
I have not made many friends in the life but you, Freeman David II, are my friend and I'll carry your memory with me, always and forever. You are not dead! I refute this Neitzschean state of affair!
You had always been an Existentialist! A Sartrean and a believer of Kierkegaard and Hiedegger! You believed in the power of human FREEWILL in the face of nothingness, absurdity and futility. Why did you compare yourself with Sisyphus? Why did you become Tantalus? You put questions at the lips of everyone! You made me reevaluate reality all day. It was you Freeman, it was you... I am short of words, for the umpteenth time.

Alas! The traveller has returned
Like an Avatar couched with dust:
This is the final initiation.
Memento, Memento Mori:
From dust we come,
To dust we return.
"Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
'To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.'"

Farewell my bro. We shall meet at the Cosmic gate!

-Mathias Orhero

I spent the last 6 months believing one of my closest pals on NL was absent cos he finally got his wish to enlist in the military.... I remember us tag teaming on issues and e fights within my first few days on NL... I remember the numerous times I would cc him in a post to come have my back and he always showed up guns blazing.... he was one of the few naira landers I always assumed I would one day get to sit across from and get to know as a friend... I have missed his presence on NL and it's so painful that I will never again get to interact with this incredibly intelligent young man... my intellectual brother... philosopher par excellence... if there is peace after life in this apathetic world... may you find it.... home is the sailor, home from the sea.... home is the hunter, home from the hills.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Freeman David by MiddleDimension: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
fratermathy:
One of his philosophical musings:

hmmm. this is deep. in the light of this, maybe we can now undestand Richard Dawkins more when he said: "there is no purpose to the universe". acordong to him, adking if the universe has a purpose, is a silly question. the universe cannot have an essence because it is a being like your friend has put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hy8NxZvFY
Re: A Tribute To Freeman David by BaEnki(m): 4:42am On Apr 22, 2017
I wish I could meet Freeman David, so sad I couldn't, death is truly painful when the loved ones are lost at the wrong time.

.....the beginning of me battling insomnia.

Maybe we all need some little of Elixir of life. Forever may you dwell in peace Muse, my General sir.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Freeman David by Objectives: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
Death is not the end, it is the beginning. We are afraid of death because we have yet to Start Living as we really should.

Clinging to nothing, Attached to nothing,
Happy for nothing, Afraid of nothing.

Living freely, as though each day was both our first and last.

Death is not the Enemy, We are.
Humanity is the Cancer in its own body.

Death is not the End. It is beginning.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? / How Do I Take Custody Of My Beloved Son? / 68-Year-Old Woman Battered By Her 79-Year-Old Husband In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.