Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. (2228 Views)

Buhari's Whereabouts:what Are Nigerians Afraid Of? / Are Nigerians Afraid Of Buhari? / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Resource Control? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Feelingfree: 12:15am On May 04, 2016
sabiguy:

Truth is... The eastern elites, eastern elders, reasonable and well informed easterns would never agitate for Biafra because of their true understanding of its meaningless. Biafra is only being agitated by jobless, lazy and uninformed youths who have no idea what happened 45 years ago.

If truly the elites and elders in the east wants and supports it, they definitely know how to conspire to make it happen, but they understand better how It will be a self destruct mission for easterns hence why the real easterns would never want Biafra.

Only the touts and lazy jobless ones who knows not what they re talking about keeps disturbing the peace of a nation

I think you are actually the one who needs to think, research history and get facts right before you talk

More like it from you. Its a sentimental thing. Average easterner doesnt really care abt Biafra actualizing. But the sentiment arises when they see evidence of unfair treatment in the nation they want to love. Infrastructurally and politically
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of The Word Biafra. by Nobody: 12:26am On May 04, 2016
Feelingfree:

More like it from you. Its a sentimental thing. Average easterner doesnt really care abt Biafra actualizing. But the sentiment arises when they see evidence of unfair treatment in the nation they want to love. Infrastructurally and politically

If I'm being asked about my opinion on Biafra, I'll say my eastern brothers and sisters should keep calm and show more commitment on national unity. Look at it like this; A son once waged a rebellious war against his parent and after he was dealt with and punished for the treason act, he finally got the forgiveness of his parent, now you don't expect such parent to easily trust that same son enough to hand over their company to him, they would need time to patiently study him to be sure he is a real family member or just playing the chameleon game till he can get the key to the family treasury before re invoking the rebellious act again.

I hope my analysis sounds Familiar

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Adopt Gej's 2014 Confab Report / Presidency reacts: Buhari copied GEJ in wearing a military uniform / How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.