Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Debunking The Trinity Logic - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debunking The Trinity Logic (22669 Views)

The Trinity And Identity Of God / Who Invented The Trinity? / youtube videos debunking Evolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 12:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Continue, Dolphinheart:

7. Jesus is able to forgive sin (Luke 5:20, 21); The Bible says only God can forgive sin (Isaiah 43:25).

8. Jesus accepted worship that according to the Ten Commandments is reserved only for the Almighty (Matthew 14:33). “And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, ‘All hail.’ And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him” (Matthew 28:9). Upon seeing the risen Savior, the converted skeptic, Thomas, confessed, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:26–29).

9. Even the angels worship Jesus. “And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him” (Hebrews 1:6).

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Furthermore, Dolphinheart:

10. The Scriptures also teach that only God knows the thoughts of a man’s heart (1 Kings 8:39). Yet Jesus consistently knew what people were thinking, “for he knew what was in man” (John 2:25). “Nathanael said to Him, ‘How do You know me?’ Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you’” (John 1:48 NKJV).

11.Through the Spirit, Jesus is omnipresent. “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20 NKJV). “For I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city” (Acts 18:10 NKJV).

12. He has power to give life, and even resurrected Himself. “No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it
again” (John 10:18). “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).

Therefore, Jesus Christ is the Almighty GOD since He has these qualities.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 4:29am On Aug 16, 2016
dolphinheart:

so now everyone can see who ran away!
Secondly, I replied all your questions. You ask me to provide evidence on what you know you did not say, what kind of question is that? to show you what does not exist!
I did not deny the scriptures.
I m still there, how did I run away? U can go back and rest respond to my post and next time if u are asking question post them one at a time not twenty million once.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien

DoctorAlien:
Also, consider this:

Science tells us that light is constituted of three primary rays, or groups of wavelengths. Clearly distinct from each other, none of them without the others could be light. Each ray has its own separate function. The first originates, the second illuminates, and the third consummates. The first ray, often called invisible light, is neither seen nor felt. The second is both seen and felt. The third is not seen but is felt as heat.

Like light, our “One God” is revealed in the three distinct persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one” (1 John 5:7 NKJV).

Concerning the bolded part of your post , the text in question despite been fake never said the three are " one God " grin grin therefore , it still doesn't prove the idea of a multiple personality god.

whereas The Scripture clearly spelled out who is the one God at Ephesians 4:6 , the " one God and Father of all " ... The one God is the Father of all.

is Jesus the Father of ALL ?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2016
Barristter07:

Concerning the bolded part of your post , the text in question despite been fake...

How is the Bible verse I quoted fake? Explain.

Concerning your question, let's see Isa. 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and his name shall be called...The everlasting Father ..."

So, the Bible clearly calls Jesus Father.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:

10. The Scriptures also teach that only God knows the thoughts of a man’s heart (1 Kings 8:39). Yet Jesus consistently knew what people were thinking, “for he knew what was in man” (John 2:25). “Nathanael said to Him, ‘How do You know me?’ Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you’” (John 1:48 NKJV).

11.Through the Spirit, Jesus is omnipresent. “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20 NKJV). “For I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city” (Acts 18:10 NKJV).

12. He has power to give life, and even resurrected Himself. “No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it
again” (John 10:18). “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25).

God bless you and other Christians trying to lead people to christ . what you are saying is the truth jws won't bother to check it out from the scriptures because they are told never to search the scriptures on their own without watchtower's guide.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Barristter07: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien

DoctorAlien:

How is the Bible verse I quoted fake? Explain.

Concerning your question, let's see Isa. 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given...and his name shall be called...The everlasting Father ..."

So, the Bible clearly calls Jesus Father.

You didn't answer my question, explain the Isaiah 9:6 in relation to Ephesians 4:6 !
does that make Jesus the Father of ALL ? even humans call their biological male parent Father . but never Father of all , so that's a lame point grin

The phrase is " Father of ALL " , is Jesus the " Father of All" ?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Barristter07:
DoctorAlien

You didn't answer my question, explain the Isaiah 9:6 in relation to Ephesians 4:6 !
does that make Jesus the Father of ALL ? even humans call their biological male parent Father . but never Father of all , so that's a lame point grin

The phrase is " Father of ALL " , is Jesus the " Father of All" ?

I think at this point we need to rephrase the argument: is the argument about the concept of Trinity and the GOD-status of Jesus or is it about whether Jesus is called Father of all?

We know that GOD the Father, the first Person of the Trinity, is the Father of all. He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is GOD the Son, coeternal with GOD the Father. The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity. He is GOD, equally coeternal with the Father and the Son. There are not three GODs; There is one GOD.

The Bible says so.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
What people fail to understand is that the relationship that exists in the Trinity is a mysterious one. We are talking about GOD Himself here. The relationship that exists in the Trinity transcends human comprehension.

It is a purely selfless relationship in which the Father constantly seeks to glorify the Son and the Holy Spirit, the Son constantly seeking to glorify the Father and the Holy Spirit while the Holy Spirit constantly seeks to glorify the Father and the Son. This is evident throughout the Scriptures.

There is no schism or struggle for power and superiority in the Trinity. The Father is not seeking to assert His preeminence over the Son or the Holy Spirit. Neither does the Son, nor the Holy Spirit. Hence, the Three are One.

A proper understanding of this will help our knowledge of the Trinity.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 8:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Dolphinheart,

The triple point of water is the temperature at which ice, liquid water and water vapor exist together in thermodynamic equilibrium. This temperature is 0.01 degrees Centigrade. Look this fact up on wikipedia. So, water can exist in three states at once, contrary to your assertion.
sir, water as a body(collection of many H2O compounds) or water as a molecule, which one are you talking about.?

I never really said that the triune GOD is totally described by the relationship between the three states of water. A physical material like water cannot fully describe Divine Mysteries. However, a glimpse of the triune GOD can be obtained from it.
neither did I say you said so!, see what I said:
"sir, I find this interesting, for your explanation does not support the concept of trinity at all, unless you have your own definition of trinity which might be different from others."

at this point, pls I need to ask you, what is your definition and explanation of trinity?

I quoted 1 Jn. 5:7 from the KJV, and all the words I wrote can be found there.
I realised that.

The KJV is the only version that was translated from manuscripts that escaped corruption and adulteration. You can read more on that.
seems you know much about manuscripts, pls tell, which manuscript are you referring to, so that one can do his own investigation?

If you say Jesus Christ is not GOD, why did Jesus reply Satan thus: "...It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy GOD" Matt.4:7 ?
the answer or reason is quite easy to get , the verse says:
Mt 4:7Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

why did Jesus say this words that was written in deut 6:16, it is because that was what Satan was trying to do, Jesus' answer and the devils temptation shows us more emphatically that jesus is not the God Satan was referring to during the temptation.
verses 5 and 6 tells us:
[b]Mt 4:5Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him on the battlement of the temple
Mt 4:6and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning [color=red]you,’[/quote] and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’”[/quote]

can you see what Satan is trying to do, the temptation is not for jesus directly , he is trying to make jesus tempt Jehovah, for Jehovah had earlier said those words that the devil is using. Jesus knew that it was wrong for him to put Jehovah to the test by expecting angels to rescue him if he were to engage in reckless behavior, therefore jesus told him what is written in verse 7.

What do you have to say about this: "I and My Father are one" Jn. 10:30 ?
I've said a lot about that verse, jesus was emphasising the unity between him and his father, this same unity he wanted his disciples to have when he said they should become one, just as him and his father are one. He also expects his disciples to become one with him and his father. when this occurs, it does not mean they will all become almighty God, or become same as God or become equal to God.
just as a husband are wife are expected to become one flesh, it does not mean they become one person or become equal in the marriage(family) set up, jesus was only emphasising their unity and onness of purpose!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dolphinheart,

Did you even care to look up the concept of the triple point of water? You wouldn't be asking me questions about it if you did.

You said Jesus was not the GOD Satan was referring to during the temptation. My question for you: who was being tempted at that point? Jesus Christ or GOD the Father?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Dolphinheart,

Let us now consider the primary definitions of GOD and see if Jesus fits into all of them:

1. He is self-existent (John 1:1–4; 14:6); only God is self-existent (Psalm 90:2).
sir, John 1:1-4 and John 14: 6 does not say so. jesus had a beginning.

2. Jesus defines Himself as eternal. “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8 ).
sir, 1. It was John who was talking, telling us about what Jehovah said.
2. The statement is in reference to Jehovah and not to jesus, jesus was talked about in verse 6 and seven, and it is mentioned that he has a God, almighty God is the supreme being, he does not have a God superior to him, therefore jesus is not the almighty.
look at verses 1,4-6 and you will know jesus is not one who is, who was and who is to Come.

3. He is, and has, eternal life (1 John 5:11, 12, 20).
because his father had granted him such power and authority, if Jehovah did not give him, he will not have it!

4. He is all-powerful (Revelation 1:8 ).
that verse was not talking about jesus, it was about Jehovah, the almighty god.

5. He created all things (John 1:3). “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth” (Genesis 1:1). “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are
on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him” (Colossians 1:16 NKJV).
God used him to create all other things, he was gods master worker.
[b]Heb 1:1Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways.
Heb 1:2Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things

6. The Father even calls Jesus God. “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom” (Hebrews 1:8 ).
no one is denying that jesus is not a God, the truth is that in the next verse, the one talking says jesus has a God, this God is different from jesus as it says that this God anointed jesus!
it did not say he anointed himself!,
other scriptures also support this and even jesus himself and his disciples comfirms it:
[b]King James Version
Joh 20:17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

sir, the almighty God does not have a god superior to him.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
dolphinheart:

sir, John 1:1-4 and John 14: 6 does not say so. jesus had a beginning.
When did Jesus begin?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
dolphinheart:
...almighty God is the supreme being, he does not have a God superior to him, therefore jesus is not the almighty.

Who told you that there is superiority and inferiority among the triune GOD? Does the Bible say that any among the three Persons of the Trinity is superior while another is inferior?

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dolphinheart,

If you say Jesus is not equal to GOD the Father, why did Jesus make this statement: "...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM " Jn. 8:58 ?

Explain the action of the Jews in verse 59 of that same chapter.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Revelation15: 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
udatso:

Isaiah 9 was a prophesy that HE WILL BE called The Everlasting Father. Is there any record of Jesus been called that in the Bible?

What do you mean when you demand it to be in the bible? Was Isaiah said that JESUS WILL BE CALLED THE EVERLASTING FATHER IN THE BIBLE, or just He will be called the everlasting Father? Why do you demand to be shown where in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
dolphinheart:
no one is denying that Jesus is not a God

Good. You agree that Jesus is GOD.

Let us now check the dictionary meaning of the word "almighty":

1. having complete power; omnipotent. (Oxford dictionaries)
2. having unlimited power (dictionary.com)

Now, I have a question for you: is Jesus Christ's power limited?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Continue, Dolphinheart:

7. Jesus is able to forgive sin (Luke 5:20, 21); The Bible says only God can forgive sin (Isaiah 43:25).
jesus was and is able to forgive cus he was given the power and authority to do so.
The pharises asked a question, having a wrong understanding ,"Who can forgive sins except God alone?” they reasoned. Jesus showed then he had the authority to forgive sins, and he did so by healing the man.
who gave Jesus that authority? his father Jehovah, the Almighty God:
Joh 5:22For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son,
Joh 5:27And he has given him authority to do judging, because he is the Son of man
Ac 10:42Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.
Ac 17:31Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

look at this verses, even the disciples where given the power to forgive sins
[b]Joh 20:21Jesus said to them again: “May you have peace. Just as the Father has sent me, I also am sending you.”
Joh 20:22After saying this he blew on them and said to them: “Receive holy spirit.
Joh 20:23 If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven; if you retain those of anyone, they are retained.”
this authority to forgive sins does not make the disciples to be Almighty God or does it?

8. Jesus accepted worship that according to the Ten Commandments is reserved only for the Almighty (Matthew 14:33). “And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, ‘All hail.’ And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him” (Matthew 28:9). Upon seeing the risen Savior, the converted skeptic, Thomas, confessed, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:26–29).
plso examine the Greek and Hebrew words that the kjv translated to worship, you will realise that the context decides how it is supposed to be translated , if jesus is Almighty God cus the translation said he is worshipped, then this are God Almighty too:
[b]King James Version
Re 3:9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee[/color]
read also Luke 14:10

9. Even the angels worship Jesus. “And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him” (Hebrews 1:6).
good, jess is God's firstborn son, when the disciples are resurrected, they will become brothers of jesus, but sons of God!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by udatso: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2016
Revelation15:

What do you mean when you demand it to be in the bible? Was Isaiah said that JESUS WILL BE CALLED THE EVERLASTING FATHER IN THE BIBLE, or just He will be called the everlasting Father? Why do you demand to be shown where in the bible?
Please be reasonable sir. Are you expecting him to be called all those names in Hindu Scriptures?
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 12:26am On Aug 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

yes , God's spirit was in him., same spirit that was in Peter when he knew what ananaias did in secret, does it make Peter God? no .

if that's how you understand it, then why is he going and coming back if he is present everywhere.
when Stephen was about to be killed , where did he say Jesus is, he said he saw Jesus in heaven standing at the right hand of God!

I believe I've mentioned the one who gave Jesus the power to give life, using several scriptures as guide.

Did Jesus resurrect himself ? no !
Ac 2:24 But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.
Ac 3:15whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.
Ro 4:24but also for our sake, to whom it will be counted, because we believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.
1Co 6:14 But God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up out of death through his power.
Col 2:12For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.
Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant,

so sir, Jesus did not raise himself up, neither did God raise himself up!

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 12:34am On Aug 17, 2016
dolphinheart:
if that's how you understand it, then why is he going and coming back if he is present everywhere.
when Stephen was about to be killed , where did he say Jesus is, he said he saw Jesus in heaven standing at the right hand of God!

So, are you saying Jesus is not omnipresent?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 1:16am On Aug 17, 2016
Barristter07:
DoctorAlien

Concerning the bolded part of your post , the text in question despite been fake never said the three are " one God " grin grin therefore , it still doesn't prove the idea of a multiple personality god.

whereas The Scripture clearly spelled out who is the one God at Ephesians 4:6 , the " one God and Father of all " ... The one God is the Father of all.

lie lie barristter

as a person in God Jesus is the son
as God He is of course the one God and Father of all

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You won't understand and cannot, but those with the right Spirit can, and you don't believe that verse and others like it that go against your satanic doctrines.

We Christians are talking about three persons in the one God, the one God of the bible
we are not talking about the two god's of false jw, the Almighty God (Father)
and the mighty God (Jesus)

We Christians know that the terms almighty and mighty refer to the same one God and Father of all

I posted many verses showing that, which of course false jw do not believe.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah points out that Jesus is in fact God, -The mighty God, The everlasting Father,
and of course they are names of God.

And as even false jw's believe that the Father is God, so there you have two persons who are the one God,
but not two god's (mighty and almighty) as false jw say.

jw lyingly accuse Christians of believing in three god's, a three faced god, a two headed god, and so on
while they themselves believe in two god's an almighty god and a mighty god,
their own descriptions fit their own god's

They believe the Father's only begotten Son is an angel

they have a false jesus and a false jehovah.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 2:26am On Aug 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Dolphinheart,

Did you even care to look up the concept of the triple point of water? You wouldn't be asking me questions about it if you did.

You said Jesus was not the GOD Satan was referring to during the temptation. My question for you: who was being tempted at that point? Jesus Christ or GOD the Father?

Hi Doc, good to see another Christians at this place

you will notice that dolphinheart won't continue to reply to verses that he cannot twist or manipulate to say something else

Yes it clearly was Jesus being tempted

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 3:55am On Aug 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

water(H2O) cannot exist in the 3 states at once, unless you have 3 different body of water that exist in the liquid, solid and gaseous state. then if that is the case, you will have three different body of water, applying that to trinity means you have 3 gods and not one God.

Nonsense, the example Doc gave showing liquid, ice, and vapor, to be water is a good one

the three diffrent persons of God: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, are all God:
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = God

three diffrent bodies of water are all water:
ice, liquid, and vapor, = water

you have no comprehension of what people say, changing what they say,
and no understanding of the Bible, changing what it says

your understanding of God and the Word is that He is "a two headed god"
your understanding of the Trinity is that they are three gods

false jw have no comprehension of what is said, and no understanding of the Bible
and how could they have, having no Holy Spirit as well.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2016
johnw74:

Hi Doc, good to see another Christians at this place

you will notice that dolphinheart won't continue to reply to verses that he cannot twist or manipulate to say something else

Yes it clearly was Jesus being tempted

Hello, Johnw. Good to see you.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by johnw74: 7:50am On Aug 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

seems you know much about manuscripts, pls tell, which manuscript are you referring to, so that one can do his own investigation?

the answer or reason is quite easy to get , the verse says:
Mt 4:7Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

why did Jesus say this words that was written in deut 6:16, it is because that was what Satan was trying to do, Jesus' answer and the devils temptation shows us more emphatically that jesus is not the God Satan was referring to during the temptation.
verses 5 and 6 tells us:
[b]Mt 4:5Then the Devil took him along into the holy city, and he stationed him on the battlement of the temple
Mt 4:6and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning [color=red]you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’”

can you see what Satan is trying to do, the temptation is not for jesus directly , he is trying to make jesus tempt Jehovah, for Jehovah had earlier said those words that the devil is using. Jesus knew that it was wrong for him to put Jehovah to the test by expecting angels to rescue him if he were to engage in reckless behavior, therefore jesus told him what is written in verse 7.

see how false jw dolphinheart and all fales jw's twist the scriptures-lie

the word Jehovah is not mentioned in any of those verses,
the greek that "Lord" comes from is "kurios"
which is often used for Jesus

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD (kurios) said to my Lord (kurios), Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Both Father and Son are called "kurios"

kurios - supreme in authority, God

Father and Son is God as is said in so many verses which I have posted
and will post again if anyone hasn't seen them.

Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Verse 1, it is Jesus that is to be tempted
verse 7, it is the one being tempted that is the Lord thy God.

and there is no disputing that jesus is God

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I know you don't believe that verse, I can post many more just like that one which you won't believe also

Because they are not spiritually discerned, it is the way of the cults to reduce biblical truth to make God comprehensible and understandable by their minds. To this end, they subject God's word to their own reasoning and end in error.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by DoctorAlien(m): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Kudos, Johnw74, for that explanation.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Revelation15: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2016
udatso:

Please be reasonable sir. Are you expecting him to be called all those names in Hindu Scriptures?

Why do u need a verse from the bible or anywhere else whatsoever? Christ is alive now, and He is reigning as King and Lord, how do you know He isn't called The Everlasting father NOW?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2016
dolphinheart:

yes , God's spirit was in him., same spirit that was in Peter when he knew what ananaias did in secret, does it make Peter God? no .

I believe I've mentioned the one who gave Jesus the power to give life, using several scriptures as guide.

Did Jesus resurrect himself ? no !
Ac 2:24 But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.
Ac 3:15whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.
Ro 4:24but also for our sake, to whom it will be counted, because we believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.
1Co 6:14 But God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up out of death through his power.
Col 2:12For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.
Heb 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant,

so sir, Jesus did not raise himself up, neither did God raise himself up!

you forgot the part that says the lord is that spirit
The spirit of God is the spirit of Jesus so, Jesus is God
But also Jesus is a man, that is why he had to be given authority.
So ur argument is lame

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by Revelation15: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2016
The best and most convincing way (to me) to explain the Trinity is by using the analogous example of TIME. With time, for example, the past is distinct from the present, which is distinct from the future. Each is simultaneous, yet they are not three 'times' but one. That is, they all share the same nature: time.

TIME as it is, is divided into three, PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE.

We all agree that, Past is time (past time), present is time (present time) and future is time (Future time)

We also agree that, Past is not future, and future isn't present, and Past is not present.

It is also absurd to add past, present and future to get THREE TIMES. Its nonsense, how can someone do that? In fact, how can you use addition not division, multiplication or subtraction?

LIKE WISE we try to explain trinity we can draw the following similarity

TIME = GOD

Past, Present, Future = The father, The Son, The holy Spirit

Past is Time, Present is Time, Future is Time = The Father is God, The Son is God, The Holy Spirit is God

Past is not Present, Present is not Future, Future is not Past = The Father is not The Son, The Son is not The Spirit, The Spirit is not The Father

Its important to not on this analogy that (for there are people who will question the existence of past present and future together), the last trillion nano seconds ago ( which in fact is like the present) is still past, and that makes it possible to conclude likewise, the trillion nano seconds later is still future. The small difference of seconds doesnt change the past to be present or present to be future.They are very distinct and yet simultaneous exist as one TIME.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Dolphinheart,

I did read it, that's why I want some clarification, hence the question. You also seem not go talk about the other 4 points I talked about.
Secondly, I asked you, what is trinity?

answer : Jesus Christ, he was trying to make Jesus tempt jehovah!, but Jesus answered him with words found in verse 7. verse 5 and 6 give a perfect picture of what the devil was trying to do.
Re: Debunking The Trinity Logic by dolphinheart(m): 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When did Jesus begin?
at the beginning of the creation of God
Pr 8:22Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo / Photos From Helen Oritsejafor's Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.