Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria (3741 Views)

Poll: Are you satisfied with the voter registration

Satisfied: 2% (1 vote)
Unsatisfied: 83% (30 votes)
Indifferent: 13% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

INEC Set For Early Voter Registration – Jega / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Danoe(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2006
In Eket Akwa Ibom Sate, the registration is getting on and is expanding to the different and nearby communities. An applause to INEC in Eket.

I am very fine today because I have registered as an eligible voter to vote in 2007 election.

The registration was done using the DDCT. The procedure was so easy and fast !!!.

Let every body use this opportunity to credit the use of DDCT system.

KUDOS to Prof. Maurice Iwu and other Commissioners for good work. !!!!!!!.

I will like wish you guys merry Christmas in Advance
!!!!!!!@@@@@******$$$$######
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2006
Danoe:

In Eket Akwa Ibom Sate, the registration is getting on and is expanding to the different and nearby communities. An applause to INEC in Eket.

I am very fine today because I have registered as an eligible voter to vote in 2007 election.

Congrats. I pray that you use the vote wisely.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Jaybaba(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2006
The registration exercise is still not happening.
Only a few say they have registered so far in Lagos.
INEC should have plan B and extend the voter registration till end of January. During that period, it should verify no duplicate registrations exist and release a final list or number of eligible voters nationwide, Nigerians abroad should also be allowed to vote at our embassies.
So far, there are improvements in the registration but it should get better. Another thing INEC should do is tell us how they will ensure there is no rigging at the polls proper for it is one thing to vote and it is another for our votes to truly count.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 1:52am On Dec 17, 2006
Small deviation, weren't the census results supposed to be released this year as well?
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Danoe(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2006
The Voters registration execise is real, I have registered to vote by 2007.

INEC have extended the exercise till 14th of February 2007.

Let every body endeavour to register, find out about the nearest registration center within your area and register.

Support the DDCT registration method !!!. for a free and fair election.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by lafile(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2006
It is becoming almost impossible for me to register. I have only seen the officials twice. Each time i was working. The next free time i had, i checked out the place. lo and behold they were not there. i was told they had moved. to where? no one knows. about 2 months after the start of this exercise i am still unregistered and i'm starting to loose interest. more so since the parties have refused to bring up a candidate i can vote for with a clear conscience.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 7:28am On Dec 20, 2006
I thought they are not going to use this method anymore
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Danoe(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2006
The voters registration exercise is still vry much in progress and as the Co-ordinator of the National Voters Forum (NAVOF), I will like to commend the INEC official in Eket for their efforts in trying to make sure that people registers to vote for 2007 election.

Today marks Eket day Festival, a social -cultral festival meant to exhibit the rich culture and heritage of the Ekid people. The festival is organise and masterminded by the Efigh Iwaad Ekid, a youth social cultural organisation in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

This festival includes the display of masquarades and other cultural heritage of the Ekid people.

I want to use this meduim to wish every native of Ekid origin and the Efigh Iwaad Ekid a successfull festival!!!!.
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2006
how many people have been registered so far in Eket?

Do you have any statistics on the number of people registered so far as you are a co-ordinator
Re: Voter Registration Towards 2007 Election In Nigeria by Jaybaba(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2006
Nigerians are going to be disenranchised if INEC does not change to another system for this registration. There should be a plan B where plan A has failed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femen Protest In Tunisia: Is This Effective Activism Or Just Morally Offensive? / #Playing with democracy# Fashola Reopen Kalu House / Submission Of Yoruba/itsekiri Groups To The Committee On National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.