Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

What Is So Special About Windows Phones? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is So Special About Windows Phones? (21428 Views)

What Is So Special? This Browser Costs 80,000 Naira On Google Play / Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Eleganza33(f): 9:07am On May 06, 2016
I am currently using windows phone,i love it
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Eleganza33(f): 9:09am On May 06, 2016
Use 'share it'
Ay04z:
which app can I use to share files like flashshare on my window phone? help?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Youngpo413: 9:10am On May 06, 2016
Poor marketing strategy, you guys need to learn from tecno.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by UjSizzle(f): 9:12am On May 06, 2016
llouis:
Unlike android, Windows is a real Operating System with efficient memory management. U can have an android phone with 3GB RAM and an octacore processor, and it will still hang or reload apps when you leave them for others (thereby eating your data), but a Windows phone with just 512MB RAM will manage your resources so efficiently you'd wonder...

The Interface isn't as straightforward as the android (hence the belief that Windows phones are for intelligent people), but once you take time to understand it, you'll be fine. There's also the fact that there aren't as much apps and games as android and iPhone stores, so consider that as well...

Windows 10 is something else! Have that in a phone and you're onto something else!

I do wish windows 10 for desktop can have live wallpapers like android does, that'll make my computer come alive in a new way...
I don't know if it'll work on Win 10, but try searching for/downloading Bing Wallpapers. I use it for my Win 7 PC and it works like the wallpaper updates for the Win Phone.

2 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by UjSizzle(f): 9:13am On May 06, 2016
Raphael81:
Mr OP, i beg u in the name of God/Allah/ any diety you dey worship, dont ever imagine or attempt to buy a windows phone, that is the worst mistake i made since i started using phones, sometimes i wish i can sue the company cos the only apps that is free on the windows store is whatapps, the phone doesnt have common voice recorder, you have to use all their apps in trial mode and after that gbam your regret starts...NB(CAVEAT) I REALLY TOOK MY TIME TO ADVICE YOU COS I DON'T WANT YOU TO SUFFER LIKE ME
Win10 has its own voice recorder + flashlight.
And the crap about WhatsApp being the only free app... Mehn can you go any lower than this? undecided
I don't pay for apps and I have so many of them.
See, if you're going to bash an OS let it be for tangible reasons other than your own inability to navigate and learn about it.

Try something else darling smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by miketayo(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2016
haibe:

LOL u took a photo from a single light condition? Are you aware camera qualities vary depending on the light condition? Also what of the front camera which is cherished more by most people..

Don't worry when am less busy I will show you a good comparism

i ll be waiting grin
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by haibe(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2016
miketayo:

i ll be waiting grin
I edited that post I see you added a video later
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2016
uniteam:
If you are a business person, windows phone is just the best. I use Nokia Lumia 1520, I bet the performance is better than Blackberry Priv.

1. My fully charged battery will last me for over 30 hours of continuous use for calls, messaging, e mailing, internet surfing amongst others.

2. The speed is just excellent, I have never experienced it hanging.

3. User Interface is also very good. Easy navigation and cool design.

4. I process an average of 10 mails per e mail address daily and I have nineteen (19) different official e mail addresses set up on the device and with optimum performance.

5. The phone has a 21 megapixels high resolution rear camera. Several friends have used my phone as professional cameras because you just wont believe its output and edit capabilities.

6. I use windows 8.1 but planning to upgrade to windows 10. Its just another computer for me.

7. The video playback quality is just like a 3D session and it has an auto projection inbuilt with the phone which allows me to share my screen automatically with a miracast enabled TV/projector.

8. I used to have 193 different apps without any impact on the phone but recently deleted some, left with 147 apps, some which are as heavy as 918MB, yet the phone performs excellently.

9. On security, no virus threats and I have an inbuilt mobile tracker which allows me to read all messages, facebook, whatsapp, calls log with recorded audio conversations, locations, wipe data, lock phone, snap picture and so on remotely, especially when the phone is stolen or missing.

This is just to mention a few but I can go on and on.

Forgot to mention, the time I got the screen broken, I paid N41,000 to fix it. I have used the phone now for over 18 months without a cover or protector and it still looks new because of the anti scratch design.

nothing special in all u just wrote.
what Android device have u seen with virus?
as for all d other points any good Android/iOS device can do all that

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:17am On May 06, 2016
olayinkajnr:

In as much as I am an android fan too, I dare to differ with your statement 'virus cannot affect android operating system'

Virus affects android OS. Have you heard about engrils, time service, monkey test , systeminfo, mobileocr etc?? Those are viruses that affects android OS and are always frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an android fan and I'm just trying to correct your assertion that virus don't affect android OS. I use an android phone.
no virus on Android bro
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Olasco93: 9:22am On May 06, 2016
felixawe:
WINDOWS PHONES HAVE THEIR BIG CHALLENGES, SOME OF EM DOEST RUN WHATSAPP, TO UPDATE APP IS ALWAYS FRUSTRATING DIRECTING U TO UPDATE VIA WIFI, D APP MY NOT UPDATE.
BATTERY LIFE OK. I RECOMMEND ANDROID E.G HTC
Please why do you recommend HTC?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Eleganza33(f): 9:23am On May 06, 2016
It av voice recorder
Raphael81:
Mr OP, i beg u in the name of God/Allah/ any diety you dey worship, dont ever imagine or attempt to buy a windows phone, that is the worst mistake i made since i started using phones, sometimes i wish i can sue the company cos the only apps that is free on the windows store is whatapps, the phone doesnt have common voice recorder, you have to use all their apps in trial mode and after that gbam your regret starts...NB(CAVEAT) I REALLY TOOK MY TIME TO ADVICE YOU COS I DON'T WANT YOU TO SUFFER LIKE ME
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by augster(m): 9:25am On May 06, 2016
Youngpo413:
Poor marketing strategy, you guys need to learn from tecno.
Dude, you used to be a die-hard windows fan..what happened?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by kristafieldevnt: 9:30am On May 06, 2016
I need help. I've been trying to download facebook on my lumia 535 via Wifi. And it won't download. I've upgraded all Apps and my phone update is up to date. What do I do please?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by miketayo(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2016
haibe:
I edited that post I see you added a video later

did u view it?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by sirwilly1(m): 9:40am On May 06, 2016
Mr. it depends on what you want in a phone. I'm using lumia 535 which i upgraded to windows 10 (the latest OS) late 2 weeks. It is amazing. Should I talk about the office with most commands as the pc (word, excel and co)? Or it is the live tiles, customization? Like someone said, I've set up 7 mails for me and my siblings. It depends on your choice.

For those that want to upgrade to windows 10, search for the app 'upgrade advisor' in the store.

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by ceaser: 9:42am On May 06, 2016
Ay04z:
which app can I use to share files like flashshare on my window phone? help?

ShareIt
Xender

Both in the store.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by osita76(m): 9:46am On May 06, 2016
jimohibrahim:
cortana, perfect battery life, best camera with a lot of snapping options, and the O.S is awesome.... I dated cortana one upon a time on my Lumia..
Please the problem I'm having with my Nokia window phone is its inability to make calls with its facebook messenger, please what is the way out
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by ceaser: 9:52am On May 06, 2016
haibe:

Minimum requirement doesn't mean it is better than every medium or high ranged android phone out there. Which of windows phone has a better camera than a galaxy s6? Except those lumias made largely for photography purposes.

Which of windows phone has a beautiful sleek premium hardware design and quality like xperia z3?

The question was if every windows phone out there has scratch resistant screen. I answered in the affirmative and gave reasons.

I have seen several android devices from many OEM that you cam barely see thru the screen because of several scratches from use

They are touchscreen devices for goodness sake, ain't no way they won't be exposed to scratches from swiping gestures, but you need a great screen to withstand that use. That was what I pointed out that your average windows device provides.

NB: The 4 year old L1020 camera trumps the shooters on every available phone out there. The L1520 has a very good shooter too.

The respect of Nokia when it comes to optics and its algorithms for smart devices is not mere mouth.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:55am On May 06, 2016
franklin007:
That was then, window 8.1 has app more
than that of android.
Don't say this outside, for your own good
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by AAinEqGuinea: 9:59am On May 06, 2016
You'd be a fool to buy a God forsaken Windows phone. They can barely get the base apps (music, edge, mail) working right. Then there's the reality that Windows Phones brick after one major OS upgrade.

Please know that I've been tempted many times to throw my windows phone through a wall. For as long as Microsoft has been a company and has even made software for the now archaic PDAs I still don't understand how they fail miserably to make a modern phone that can compete, or at the very least get the base apps to work.

Windows phone is the worse!
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by leahcimzil: 10:01am On May 06, 2016
lmao y'all are crazy! i'm sure most of y'all have neva used a windows fone. Dude! if im gonna buy 10,000 fones today, they all gon be windows. Trust me. i've used an iphone and numerous android fones and i'll still pick my windows fone over them all day any day
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Ay04z(m): 10:06am On May 06, 2016
ceaser:

ShareIt
Xender

Both in the store.
not working joor....d truth is window phone is crap In all aspect..
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by DedeNkem: 10:12am On May 06, 2016
superxam:
Since the proliferation of Androids, I have used a couple of them like Tecno, Infinix and currently Itel, I can remember i have even tried Blackberry phone. But I am thinking of trying at least a Windows Phone but i don't just know any thing about them. What is so special about Windows phones? Should I go for it and give it a trial or stick with my Itel phone which presently hasn't failed me?

Stick to Android! Android is the best mobile phone OS.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Harshirama(m): 10:16am On May 06, 2016
leahcimzil:
lmao y'all are crazy! i'm sure most of y'all have neva used a windows fone. Dude! if im gonna buy 10,000 fones today, they all gon be windows. Trust me. i've used an iphone and numerous android fones and i'll still pick my windows fone over them all day any day
abi o, Op ignore all the comments bashing windows phones, i'm currently using one and its over two years without any problem,cant imagine myself using an android phones,most people just hate windows phones because they dont understand how to use the phone to its maximum capability. Even after two years ,my phone screen looks new after falling several times
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Harshirama(m): 10:23am On May 06, 2016
i recently discovered that many people bashing windows phone just do so as a result of not being able to operate it and grasp the functions. And who said most apps are not free?, i have 173 apps that are very free

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Harshirama(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2016
superxam:
Since the proliferation of Androids, I have used a couple of them like Tecno, Infinix and currently Itel, I can remember i have even tried Blackberry phone. But I am thinking of trying at least a Windows Phone but i don't just know any thing about them. What is so special about Windows phones? Should I go for it and give it a trial or stick with my Itel phone which presently hasn't failed me?
get a windows phone,i assure you, u wont regret it, if you have any issues,post them here
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by larpazi(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2016
windows phone is d worst smartphone i have ever used in my lyf
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by spacefreak: 11:02am On May 06, 2016
repogirl:
windows phone is wack. After using an android, you will hate the windows OS experience.

Windows phone isn't wack and it offers more security than the Linux based OS.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Rhaspody(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2016
get a window phone that can be upgraded to windows 10 mobile. you will fall in love once you upgrade to windows 10 mobile

here's how to upgrade

http://www.techlova.com/2016/03/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-mobile.html?m=0
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by spacefreak: 11:05am On May 06, 2016
Harshirama:
i recently discovered that many people bashing windows phone just do so as a result of not being able to operate it and grasp the functions. And who said most apps are not free?, i have 173 apps that are very free

Its normal for humans to hate on what they can't understand. Free apps sucks btw apart from a few good ones made by top publishers.
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by RealAdewole(m): 11:20am On May 06, 2016
haibe:

They are asking what is better in an operating system and you are mentioning hardware features? So any phone running Windows have anti scratch screen or a good camera? Wake up bro
is d ui, protection frm virus a hardware feature?
Re: What Is So Special About Windows Phones? by Samtoby(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2016
haibe:

That there is shortage of apps on the app store is enough reason not to buy it.. except you are buying the phone for basic reasons only

Bro read that line again... Every app that you can possibly needed is available on Windows Phone..
Which app u want that can't be found on WP??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New MTN Tariff Plans: Which One Should I Choose? / Top 10 Keyboard Apps To Install In Your Android Smartphone 2018. / Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Specifications & Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.