Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. (20105 Views)

Family Of Late Oba Of Benin Are Tenants In The Kingdom-ogiamen Family / Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 3:08pm On May 04, 2016
In the spirit of paying homage and respect to the late Oba of Benin; Omo n'oba nedo, uku akpolorkpolor, Oba Erediauwa; I, an Edo indigene felt its necessary I also honor our late King, whom other Obas sees and refer to as the KING of kings, so I also had to shaved my hair.

The only thing we Africans have left in us is our culture, tradition and heritage, we must not allow the white to take it away from us.

My your gentle soul rest in perfect peace, the warrior of our time, ISE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by halfcurrent(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2016
normal haircut. some of us have our hair perpetually this low, so nothing new

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 04, 2016

26 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by EdegbeLine: 3:35pm On May 04, 2016
halfcurrent:
normal haircut. some of us have our hair perpetually this low, so nothing new
Yeah, you can say that, but to some of us that carries low cut or other types of hair cut, this isn't a normal haircut

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Sijo01(f): 7:43pm On May 04, 2016
EdegbeLine:
In the spirit of paying homage and respect to the late Oba of Benin; Omo n'oba nedo, uku akpolorkpolor, Oba Erediauwa; I, an Edo indigene felt its necessary I also honor our late King, whom other Obas sees and refer to as the KING of kings, so I also had to shaved my hair.

The only thing we Africans have left in us is our culture, tradition and heritage, we must not allow the white to take it away from us.

My your gentle soul rest in perfect peace, the warrior of our time, ISE.

Ride on bro.

This development will favour those who naturally clean shave their hair.

If I may suggest, why not edit your post to reflect the press conference that was released by the palace today, directing all male citizens of Benin kingdom to clean shave their hair in honour of the late monarch.

This is an extract of the press release - The Benin Palace has directed all male
citizens in the kingdom to shave their
head in honour of the late Oba of
Benin, Omo N’ Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo,
Oba Erediauwa.
The Iyase of Benin, Chief Sam Igbe made this know while
addressing news men at the Palace.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by DONSMITH123(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2016
NORMAL THING....Na skin i dey cut like DMX
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2016
kudos to your patroitism

check my profile for affordable data

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Rilwayne001: 4:32pm On May 05, 2016
where is oremusannctus?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by obainojazz(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2016
Are you sure its not because of lapkalapka that full your hair.....your mummy now flog you to go and barb.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by MrFlavvor(m): 4:32pm On May 05, 2016
Who e help?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Wadasco(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2016
this one na bar hair disturb am oo he just pretend
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
hmmmm U try ooo
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
Rilwayne001:
where is oremusannctus?
where the 'hell' have you been bro?
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
good
Scary angry
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by fowlyansh181(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
Nonsense angry

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Speakdatruth: 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
culture is just illiteracy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by mimicious(f): 4:35pm On May 05, 2016
We have seen ur phone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by opineflu(m): 4:35pm On May 05, 2016
damn skinny,

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 05, 2016
and plenty hair fit dea under hin armpit like that undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by bakingsoda: 4:35pm On May 05, 2016
It's good to our keep culture alive. Shave on!
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 05, 2016
Pls what is the significance of all this shaving of hair
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by DaBullIT(m): 4:36pm On May 05, 2016
What's all this hype ?

The truth is

The hair is lice and dandruff infested

he visited a barber

The End

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by bestower: 4:36pm On May 05, 2016
In EFCC custody
Rilwayne001:
where is oremusannctus?
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by erusen: 4:37pm On May 05, 2016
Speakdatruth:
you just an illetrate for calling culture illetrecy,I wonder how educated you are?

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by MzUkay24(f): 4:37pm On May 05, 2016
Hope he shaved the other hairs?......just asking
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by opineflu(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2016
Speakdatruth:
borne buy the so called ancestor to deceive us all.....
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by opineflu(m): 4:39pm On May 05, 2016
Op, odey ni ee

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by ERONX(m): 4:40pm On May 05, 2016
Bros no vex in be like say u don chop belle- full
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Osyxcel(m): 4:41pm On May 05, 2016
To land you better slap for head just dey hungry me grin tongue

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by Yinkatolu: 4:41pm On May 05, 2016
Re: A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. by freemanbubble: 4:41pm On May 05, 2016
nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21 Ibadan Kings To Dethrone Olubadan / Emir Sanusi: "If You Don't Have Money, Don't Give Birth To Many Children" / Oba Adekunle Baderin Of Ipetu-ijesha Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.