Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin (26180 Views)

Family Of Late Oba Of Benin Are Tenants In The Kingdom-ogiamen Family / A Nairalander Honours Late Oba Of Benin, Shave His Hair. / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by 247frolic(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2016
She Wrote:

''Good day: This is Tafia from New York, I just wanted to share with you my new look paying homage to our Oba of Benin since he went to join their Ancestors, as a proud Bini woman in diaspora I had to pay my homage... Attached is my new look.... One love from NY''.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/05/photo-nigerian-woman-in-new-york-shaves.html

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by donbenedict(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2016
So if she come b him wife, she for dance round d market Square unclad na

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 8:41am On May 07, 2016
You be like sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Akkord4gov: 8:43am On May 07, 2016
Is this culture,madness,loyalty or______ ur opinion?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by darkenkach(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2016
Our culture and tradition shall not go into extinction.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by queenoflafia(f): 9:01am On May 07, 2016
Is there no abobaku in Benin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by buskie13(m): 9:06am On May 07, 2016
oba wey don die since last year...na now una dey wake up

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:24am On May 07, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Is this culture,madness,loyalty or______ ur opinion?
loyalty

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Sunnycliff(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2016
Who Ur shaving help

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2016
Even Governor Oshiomhole who's permanently wearing his skin cut will soon come out to say he did it for the oba. I tire for my people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Babyphinas(f): 9:55am On May 07, 2016
Indeed a true Benin born

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by ify2nyce(f): 9:55am On May 07, 2016
really?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Ramanto(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
OK
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by ibkgab001: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Until u shave the area ... Yes I mean the area where Oba chop when he was alive
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by donogaga(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Lovely

While no one would be forced to comply with the directive, all male citizens of the Kingdom are expected to respect the custom and tradition of Benin Kingdom as they are expected to clean shave their heads with effect from 29th April, 2016.

Some of my friends shaved theirs too.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by gudluckgreat(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Correct African babe..she now fyn better pass before sef grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by sirthisthickkal: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Wow! She still look hot and romanti . You won't believe it, am turning on already. Dammit!
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Houseofglam7(f): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
After weaves and braids don chop d hair finish.....
No be Oba cause her baldness angry
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:56am On May 07, 2016
The cut fits her well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by fisfat(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Nawa ooo. As she shave, e go wake up na
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by bebe2(f): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
Please respect our tradition and stay in ur lane,

It's the mend dat are required to shave their hair not women undecided

Umogun rio wa cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by omusiliyu(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2016
who the new look go epp?
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Flashh: 9:57am On May 07, 2016
ibkgab001:
Until u shave the area ... Yes I mean the area where Oba chop when he was alive
You need to go meet her privately for confirmation. cool

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2016
This is the only reason why we don't wanna see women shave their hair.

They look fuccking ugly

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 9:57am On May 07, 2016
Mstcheewu
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by kelvyn7: 9:58am On May 07, 2016
shocked
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by igraman(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2016
just negodu
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Zellie: 9:59am On May 07, 2016
All this for a human being that died last year and is already rottingcry

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by GentlemanUnltd: 9:59am On May 07, 2016
queenoflafia:
Is there no abobaku in Benin
There is, you are the one

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by haywire07(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2016
Liar. D lady been looking fr excuse for the reason y she shaved her hair . Its definitely not because of the late Oba .

Attention seeking f.ool
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by sinceraconcept(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2016
She dey sleep? Well,i no go diss am cos na my Yoloba sister
Re: Nigerian Woman In New York Shaves Hair To Mourn Late Oba Of Benin by Timfreds(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2016
So what does she want us to do? clap for her?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor / Oluwo Of Iwo Walks Out Of Yoruba Event In Port Harcout As Organizers Omit Photo / Little Oyinbo Girl Presents Yoruba Cultural Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.