Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,841 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam (6742 Views)

Boiled Yam Served With Smoked/fresh Fish Vegetable Sauce / Boiled Yam Served With Smoked/fresh Fish Vegetable Sauce / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by creamyy: 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
Please i really want to know how to prepaqe vegetable sause 4 boiled yam
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
Is there a special vegetable sauce for cooked yam?
try scrambled egg with cheese, and you will start to speak in tongues
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by creamyy: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2009
No i want vegetable sauce,please any body in da house
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by anochie: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2009
you can use ugu(fruited pumpkin leaf)
depending on d no of pple
1) shredded ugu
2)fresh pepper and tomatoes
3)onions and seasoning like maggi, royco ,onga etc
prep.
cut yr tomatoes n onions put g oil in yr pot but not too much oil then fry yr blended pepper,tomatoes and onions fr stime but dont allow it to dry, it must have a little sauce (water) inside add yr seasoning and add d thoroughly washed shredded ugu turn n allow fr few minutes den d sauce is ready fr yr yam.

d tomatoes will not be much but ugu will be much and u can as well use it to eat rice.
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by Hauwa1: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
Spinach and egg sauce with yam

recipe:

1 pack of spinach-defrost. if you in nig, get a bunch of spinach, clean and slice
3 or 4 Eggs
Rodo-sliced
salt
onion-sliced
EVOO or any Ororo you like

Prep:

put a clean pot on fire and pour in a good amt of EVOO
when it is hot a bit, pour you slice onion and rodo and let it cook till onion is soft
pour in your spinach and let it for 5 mins
pour your egg inside, add a pinch of salt (as u like it salted)
stir and cover to cook. i let mine cook for sometime like low heat for 15 to 20mins (till i see the egg and spinach in clumps cheesy

serve with nice Tiv yam. you wont ever forget it. now it takes exp to cook this. first time might be seemingly as you improve, you will see the difference grin
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by Hauwa1: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2009
other veggie sauce

1. follow the recipe above but leave the eggs out.
2. spinach stew: make stew and slice spinach into it. taste great with yam and rice

Shoko is good with yam.

Garden egg sauce:

boil garden egg till soft and mash it, slice onion into it, put a lil palm oil or ororo and some salt. eat with boiled yam.

another way:
Boiled garden egg and mash it. in a clean pot pour your ororo and sliced onion and rodo.
when onion is cooked, pour in your cooked mashed garden eggs and add salt to taste. let it cook for 5 mins and serve with biled yam.

my mom's methods for eating yam wink
Re: Vegetable Sauce 4 Boiled Yam by TOYOSI20(f): 8:04am On Aug 15, 2009
Nice one Hauwa, . , ma mom make a darn good garden egg stew, . . . .its so nice wid yam, . . . .

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Waka Waka Salad - Check Out This Recipe / Post Pictures Of Food Taken Off The Internet With Picture Credit Please / Christmas: Three Crowns Excites Mums With “Give Your Heart Out” Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.