Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,261 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way (14368 Views)

Reps Propose Six Months Jail Term For Anyone Who Distorts Queues / Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine / Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by amisgogo: 10:25pm On May 04, 2016
Gud job, that is very gr8
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by goshen26: 10:27pm On May 04, 2016
Goos move....we will stop having funny graduates.

I used to have a colleague during NYSC from IMT, she can't speak simple English, Buh when she sees an ibo colleagues she flows, even my principal do mock her...
angry I wonder how she graduated cheesy
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2016
all those randy lectureal u na dey here nw...
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by stagger: 10:41pm On May 04, 2016
I find it ridiculous... this new law.

You want to jail randy lecturers for sleeping with female students, but the same lawmakers import these same girls and put them in Transcorp and other hotels in Abuja to f**k them.

Who is really deceiving who? This country never ceases to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by madenigga2dcore(m): 10:42pm On May 04, 2016
CRAZY BILL GIVING FEMALE students MORE POWER TO GO NUDE and seduce people at will.....
BTW
lazy female students won't be smiling at this.....

especially those that don't read their books just to sleep with lecturers for marks
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by nephemmy(m): 10:44pm On May 04, 2016
doublewisdom:
Same lawmakers that are sugar daddies to girls young enough to be their grand daughters?
they should be included also..not just the lecturers alone..even lawmakers that marry underage girls...just saying...
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by IYANGBALI: 10:45pm On May 04, 2016
5 yards too small jo. 20 yards lo sure ju
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by malton: 10:47pm On May 04, 2016
Lames!
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Krismart(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2016
That means my lecturer go soon go jail cos he obviously can't do without it
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Lionhearted511: 10:52pm On May 04, 2016
What about lawmakers that pursue young students? Bastards. As if they ain't worse than the lecturers. Trust naija lecturers to use ASUU strike threaten them.

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Ebukaokeke5: 10:57pm On May 04, 2016
Applause honourable senators!!! Dats a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:58pm On May 04, 2016
e go make sense oh! make them start with UNIPORT and uniben and Lagos and Abuja
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Agozie48: 10:58pm On May 04, 2016
For the first time una dey talk sensible matter

2 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Agozie48: 11:01pm On May 04, 2016
stagger:
I find it ridiculous... this new law.

You want to jail randy lecturers for sleeping with female students, but the same lawmakers import these same girls and put them in Transcorp and other hotels in Abuja to f**k them.

Who is really deceiving who? This country never ceases to amaze me.

Oga read through the post ,mediate on it first before coming to Say anything

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 04, 2016
After sleeping with all the Uni Abuja, Uni Maiduguri, FUTMINA etc..babes, HOW MANY YEARS ARE THEY PLANNING FOR THEMSELVES?

While others coerce with grades others coerce with money.

Anyway kudos to them. He who says nothing when evil is happening is also guilty of committing/supporting it.

I hope this can be properly enforced.

And please make this law robust enough to ensure innocent lecturers are not accused falsely by female students who hate them or see their courses as tough.

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Benwems(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2016
doublewisdom:
Same lawmakers that are sugar daddies to girls young enough to be their grand daughters?
the lawmakers did not force the girls. Lecturers force the girls to get screwd.

4 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11pm On May 04, 2016
When passed into law, vice chancellors of universities, rectors of polytechnics and other chief executives of institutions of higher learning will go to jail for two years if they fail to act within a week on complaints of sexual harassment made by students.

they should spell that failure to act properly, nah like dis dem go take escape

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by davidsgal(f): 11:13pm On May 04, 2016
Good one.... At least fine girls go reserve goodies for dia hussy

2 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by stagger: 11:13pm On May 04, 2016
Agozie48:

Oga read through the post ,mediate on it first before coming to Say anything

You don't know what these politicians do to these young girls here in Abuja. I do. I don't need to meditate on jack before I post on things I know. I will not mention names for security reasons but this law is the highest point of hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by ridwintin89(m): 12:06am On May 05, 2016
I solidly support it,those lecturers are dogs.
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Nobody: 12:12am On May 05, 2016
While i sympathize with innocent young ladies who get harassed by randy lecturers, i hope a provision is put in place in the law equally protecting innocent lecturers from some dangerous, scheming female students who could use it as weapon of blackmail against lecturers. If they eventually pass this bill into law and you happen to be an academic, ill advise you to bar all female students from coming to your office without their MALE class-rep, lest you get promoted from senior lecturer to senior jailbird grin

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Nobody: 12:14am On May 05, 2016
davidsgal:
Good one.... At least fine girls go reserve goodies for dia hussy
Or use it to get through school on blackmail

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by Nobody: 1:04am On May 05, 2016
h a l l e l u y a h! Finally. I just hope it wont end on paper. Let them actually enforce this one

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by moshino(m): 2:30am On May 05, 2016
chikel2000:
Just five years? And if its the ordinary guy in d street; 20 years abi?. There is a bg gap between the elites n the ordinary people

How many years was it before now?

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by evapointed(f): 4:51am On May 05, 2016
they should be serious with that their law. no be for mouth ooo

1 Like

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by gud4dbest(m): 5:01am On May 05, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Na im be say plenty lecturers dey enter kirikiri soon.
it is now I see the meaning to their sittings...
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by 41lady(m): 5:27am On May 05, 2016
What about lecturer that his joystick gives a standing oviation as a result of illicit dressing of student? I saw it happen when I was in University thats Y I ask. Pls... Mr senator, am waiting for reply.
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by fejicruz(m): 5:36am On May 05, 2016
One problem that won't go away even with this law is that students will always be afraid of reporting a lecturer because of the fear of victimization.
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by lastpage: 5:36am On May 05, 2016
manuch:
A bill for a law which prescribes five-year jail term for lecturers who engage in sexual relationship with students was passed for first reading in the Senate on Wednesday.

The bill also has provisions to sanction students who falsely accuse lecturers of sexual harassment. Such students could face dismissal from the school but no jail term was prescribed.

According to the bill, the only exemption is where the student is legally married to the lecturer before admission in the school as a student.

It states that the consent of the student shall not serve, in anyway, as a defence as the bill seeks to completely ban lecturer-student relationships.
The bill also imposes on institutions the responsibility to protect students who initiates a sexual harassment charge.

source:http://www.leadership.ng/news/523659/sexual-harassment-senate-plans-5-year-jail-term-randy-lecturers

Its a good Bill but needs refinement.

First, if the student is of "adult age" (over 18), you cannot criminalize it if both of them have "consensual sex" because they are both adults, not withstanding that one is a lecturer and the other a student.

Secondly, Sex itself is not a criminal act so, if done with and adult and done with consent, it cannot be criminal.

Thirdly, because of the existing relationship between a lecturer and student and the preponderance of LAZY and DESPERATE STUDENTS of today, how do you isolate cases of "set-up" and where a student wants to amr-twist a lecturer into passing him/her, by blackmailing them into such, using the law: I will claim you sexually harrased me by touching my bwest?
What is the level of admissible evidence .... or is it just "word of mouth accusation" that would be the yardstick for conviction?

I have heard cases where "Boyz" used their girlfriends to set-up a lecturer, so he can pass them in his course!

Its a delicate slope and l dont trust these our daft legislators to do the nitty-gritty of ensuring the innocent is not punished unjustly.

BTW: *When would they (Legislooters) pass the law that will jail Legislators who use this same Undergraduate Girls as "call-girls" (prostitute really), in their "Bonga-Bonga parties? or
*Demand and accept bribes to sweep corruption under the carpet?
*When would they pass Law that says if you are a Principal officer of the NASS, you must step-down to allow investigation to conclude, if you are accused (with reasonable evidence, but yet to be convicted) of Corruption?

They are so eager to overlook their own shortcomings, even when we know they are most criminals in that NAAS.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by wink2015(m): 5:37am On May 05, 2016
[size=15pt][b]At least Ovie Omo Agege is working. I thought he was in the senate to warm bench and take the booty! I mean take the huge money senators are taking and then go back to his native delta state to build mansions like Senator Amori.

This bill that he just raised now will create sanity in our tertiary institution especially the polytechnic and the university as no lecturer wants to go to jail.

If only Senator James Manager who has stayed so long in the senate did something beneficial to his constituency in delta state and Nigeria at large.

people like senator Ighoyota Amori was in the senate to make money and the money he use it to carry girls to america for cruise ship lavish party.

the only thing Ighoyota Amori did was to set up palm wine drinking bar at his native mosogar near Sapele, delta state.

Senators in Nigeria must pick a cue from this noble act and move bills that will bring rapid development to Nigeria instead of seeking for furniture allowance, suv cars etc at the expense of the masses and tax payers.

[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by lastpage: 5:44am On May 05, 2016
Benwems:

the lawmakers did not force the girls. Lecturers force the girls to get screwd.

The Legislooters actually use MONEY to seduce the Undergraduates! Its a form of taking advantage of their Poverty and greediness.
Not different from lecturers who use "pass/fail" as the tactics.

We should hold them to the same "moral standard" we hold the lecturers.

Am also wondering, how will it pan-out if a male student accuses a female Lecturer of 'sexual harassment'?
Will everyone laugh at him .... the same way they will if a guy accuses a lady of raping him?

Seems this law is specifically aimed at MALE lecturers, whereas, sexual harassment cuts across both gender.

Lastpage!
Re: Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way by toprealman: 6:11am On May 05, 2016
Abeg these legislators and lecturers who randy pass? LIKE for lecturers, SHARE for legislators. Your time starts now!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS Makes ₦‎10 Trillion In Revenue For The First Time Ever / Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.