Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer (42571 Views)

Photos: Ufuoma Ejenobor Shows Off Her Half Nigerian Half American Baby Boy / Half-nigerian International Singer, Shirley Bassey To Have A Movie Made To Tell / The Pretty Lilian Bach Is Half Polish Half Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by mamagee3(f): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
Outstrip:

How are we picking on her. We all said she was pretty except that she looks trashy. That's just the way she was presented to us. I bet if she cleans up she would be more striking
Exactly!

Couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Travelista(f): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
Looks like a tranny, sorry.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by mamagee3(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^You're not the only one that sees it in her. grin
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Kunbee: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2010
Yuck
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Iyineda(m): 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2010
I'd hit that.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 16, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/244322_240563_Barbie_4_jpg157718d0d1a75ef5ec8f4ab9a842cb57_jpge8e58f5f8c1ec0d3382b222befbc0aa3

Girl is bad. Keep hating!!!! She's beautiful with an hour glass figure. If she was full Nigerian she'd get better love from you females probably why she is more accepting of her mother's Jamo side.  angry (I SO mentioned that to piss ppl off lol but it's true).
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Ifygurl: 5:13am On Oct 16, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/244322_240563_Barbie_4_jpg157718d0d1a75ef5ec8f4ab9a842cb57_jpge8e58f5f8c1ec0d3382b222befbc0aa3

Girl is bad. Keep hating!!!! She's beautiful with an hour glass figure. If she was full Nigerian she'd get better love from you females probably why she is more accepting of her mother's Jamo side. angry (I SO mentioned that to piss ppl off lol but it's true).

Hon. Stop taking things personally. people are not calling her a trash because she's half jamaican. People are calling her a trash because she's a trash. The way she dress is not acceptable in Nigerian standard. Stop taking it so personally. Tracy Obonna is fully nigerian yet we call her trash as well.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 16, 2010
^^If you say so hon. It's a good thing she's living by standards of her own.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by InkedNerd(f): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2010
Ewwww gross. I've seen her in person. Her performance is ummmmm tongue. The chick looks like plastic in person tongue. Omg, the picture of her in the pink boots is at the Brooklyn Promenade. I love hangin' out there--its near one of my favorite restaurants Chipotle [on Court Street]!!! grin. Woop woop.

MzDarkSkin:

Girl is bad. Keep hating!!!! She's beautiful with an hour glass figure. If she was full Nigerian she'd get better love from you females probably why she is more accepting of her mother's Jamo side.  angry (I SO mentioned that to piss ppl off lol but it's true).

She's more accepting of her Jamaican side because she grew up in Caribbean neighborhood, keep in mind, she's from Brooklyn and majority of the African community is in the Bronx. The Caribbean community is very big over here so it makes sense that she would lean more towards them rather than the Nigerian community. Besides, where else could she dress like that and be embraced the most? I grew up in a Caribbean and Hispanic neighborhood so I'm very familiar with both cultures. Anyway, a lot of people I know think she's fake. I remember one day when I was coming home from school and I saw a poster for one of her wor wor performances and my friends and I nearly died laughing because the poster had some MAJOR photoshop work done to it. It was obvious that whoever worked on the poster was very heavy handed with the healing and patch tools on photoshop. Hmmm, I wonder why she calls herself Barbee. She's a little too big to look like a Barbie undecided.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2010
@Inked_Nerd Brooklyn is what's up & the Bronx too. I miss home  cry but she lived in nigeria with her father when she was a little girl so her living amongst Jamaicans now has nothing to do with her decision to identify as Jamaican, maybe she didn't feel good enough in Naija  lipsrsealed but recieved loved by her Yard side. I dont know all I know is I like her and I support ANY black woman trying to eat, I'm no crab. I dont always like her songs, or dressing and I am almost sure she bleaches but that's her and she likes it.

ok adios.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by InkedNerd(f): 1:46am On Oct 17, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@Inked_Nerd Brooklyn is what's up & the Bronx too. I miss home  cry but she lived in nigeria with her father when she was a little girl so her living amongst Jamaicans now has nothing to do with her decision to identify as Jamaican, maybe she didn't feel good enough in Naija  lipsrsealed but recieved loved by her Yard side. I dont know all I know is I like her and I support ANY black woman trying to eat, I'm no crab. I dont always like her songs, or dressing and I am almost sure she bleaches but that's her and she likes it.

ok adios.

And how long did she live in Nigeria? And yes, her living among Jamaicans has everything to do with it. I have a friend who's mother is South Korean and who's father is American and although she was raised partially in South Korean, she is more touch with her American side than her South Korean side. Where you grow up and how you live has a lot of bearing on who you are as a person. I'm not tryin' to hate on the chick but I can't help but laugh when I see her. She cracks me up just like that Nicki what's her face tongue. With all honesty if she was more in touch with her Nigerian side as opposed to her Jamaican side.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 17, 2010
Not necessarily. I know plenty of JAmericans who take to their American side and are raised by their Jamaican parents. It's up to the individual as some people may just be ashamed of one half of their culture despite knowing and practicing the customs. I grew up with alot of African Americans yet I take to my Jamaican mother's side. When people ask me what I am I dont say Jamaican-African American I say 'Jamaican'.

I dont know how long she lived in Nigeria but i read that as a young girl her father took her back home to Nigeria with him and that she eventually visited and took to Jamaica in fact lives in Jamaica and the US (back and forth). Nicky Minaj is a joke I will agree with you and you are more than right that you dont have to like Barbee all I am saying is as a real woman I hope its not on any petty catty stuff. Somebody posted another one of these things about her on here and some of the Naija girls were saying s.ht about how she's "not cute like the full Nigerian women" and even posted pictures to I guess prove something which they failed. lipsrsealed Don't feel like im her body guard I just can't stand ppl who are miserable for no reason.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by InkedNerd(f): 6:04am On Oct 17, 2010
Ok, I get what you're saying. . . Still don't like her though tongue but hey, everyone has different tastes. Hmmm, just wondering what exactly do you mean by 'African-American'? Are you speaking in terms of ethnicity or nationality? 
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 6:17am On Oct 17, 2010
Ifygurl:

Hon. Stop taking things personally. people are not calling her a trash because she's half jamaican. People are calling her a trash because she's a trash. The way she dress is not acceptable in Nigerian standard. Stop taking it so personally. Tracy Obonna is fully nigerian yet we call her trash as well.

This illiterate, horrible-english speaking thing is still alive?
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by hackney(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2010
^^^ All that name-calling just because she wrote a trash instead of trash?
it might be that she's not well versed in ridiculing people (which is a good thing).
ever thought of that? ? ?
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Ifygurl: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2010
^^^^Don't mind that fool.
He loves arguing; he's just want to drag me into an argument.
I'm bored of him so let him run around like a maniac.

@ Mzdarskin and InkerdNerd

I'm actually just listening to her songs.
I like them.
Why don't ya'll like it?
BTW. At least someone else agree with me; she does look like she's bleaching.
Whatever floats her boat abi,
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ify yeah her songs are nice. I still have to get used to her style though. but i do like her. and she is definitely bleaching!

@ink African American the ethnicity (native black Americans)
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by MrCork21: 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2010
LIGHT SKIN, YEAAA, AT LAST!!! THANK QUE POSTER!! tongue
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by InkedNerd(f): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ifygurl:

I like them.
Why don't ya'll like it?

Sorry o. I no like am at all. Her performance at the show dey mash up my ears. As for whether or not she bleaches, well that's on her. I do know for a fact that there's been major photoshop work done on her photos though so it may actually be her actual skin color

MzDarkSkin:

@ink African American the ethnicity (native black Americans)

Hmmm, well if that's the case then you're when you said you were Jamaican and African American what I think you meant to say was that your of Jamaican and American decent since African American is an ethnic group and not and ethnicity. And what did you mean when you said you miss home? Where are you? Hmmm, you makin me feel homesick to tongue, thanks a lot MzDarkSkin cry
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 3:43am On Oct 18, 2010
Jamaican AND African American are ethnicities both being from the black race but because of the difference in culture they are ethnicities so I am a black woman who is bi-ethnic like Barbee who is Jamaican and Nigerian she is bi-ethnic. I am in boring hick-town North Carolina (pray for me lol!) but I am from Brooklyn, NY. Sry for making you feel homesick. undecided
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by InkedNerd(f): 4:03am On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Jamaican AND African American are ethnicities both being from the black race but because of the difference in culture they are ethnicities so I am a black woman who is bi-ethnic like Barbee who is Jamaican and Nigerian she is bi-ethnic. I am in boring hick-town North Carolina (pray for me lol!) but I am from Brooklyn, NY. Sry for making you feel homesick. undecided

The reason I asked is because Jamaican is a nationality not an ethnicity. But being African American[b]/[/b]black on the other hand can be considered an ethnic group. I will agree though that Barbee is bi-ethnic. Sorry to hear that your stuck in the middle of nowhere [hehehe, sorry couldn't help but giggle please don't be mad at my giggling grin]. I can't stand being in hick towns. lol, is it one of those town where everywhere closed by 8:00? Lmao. I had a friend that was in Tennessee and the kept complaining about how boring it was and that the only place to hang out was Walmart [lmao].
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by EzeUche0(m): 5:34am On Oct 18, 2010
I would still smash! cool
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 6:58am On Oct 18, 2010
EzeUche0:

I would still smash! cool

Ikenga, what the hell u doing here? Ileke-Idi done dumped ur aszz?!
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

You Jamaican and Nigerian? Wow, badaszz combo! I bet u got a phattie on u. And u from Bk too? Ma, when u coming back home from the boondocks?
And when u come back, u think I can hit it? At least if u look good!
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2010
Ifygurl:

^^^^Don't mind that fool.
He loves arguing; he's just want to drag me into an argument.
I'm bored of him so let him run around like a maniac.

I like them.
Why don't ya'll like it?

You mangy dog! I love arguing, huh? Remember u came after me and I told u after that day I'll make ur cyber-life hell?!
Binch, u should learn how to spell! I can almost hear ur deep Ibo accent from reading all the "a trash" u wrote up there!
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2010
hackney:

^^^ All that name-calling just because she wrote a trash instead of trash?
it might be that she's not well versed in ridiculing people (which is a good thing).
ever thought of that? ? ?

No, I never thought of that! I did think of something though. I thought to myself, "Why cant Hackney stay the fucxk outta beefs he knows not how they originated in the first place?"
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

The reason I asked is because Jamaican is a nationality not an ethnicity. But being African American[b]/[/b]black on the other hand can be considered an ethnic group. I will agree though that Barbee is bi-ethnic. Sorry to hear that your stuck in the middle of nowhere [hehehe, sorry couldn't help but giggle please don't be mad at my giggling grin]. I can't stand being in hick towns. lol, is it one of those town where everywhere closed by 8:00? Lmao. I had a friend that was in Tennessee and the kept complaining about how boring it was and that[b] the only place to hang out was Walmart[/b] [lmao].

LMFAO@ WALMART!!!!! but no I live in North Carolina. 90 PERCENT of the business close 9 p.m. SHARP! LOL. So I usually go to two other cities nearby Durham/ Raleigh to hang out. My town is bootleg! B.O.R.I.N.G! Mostly whites, asians and Mexicans here undecided

LOL@ BK.Babe. Im not half Nigerian, Barbee is. I am half African American.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2010
A Nigerian man claims her? Wow. If that was me I would never hear from my father again, even if I changed.

I'm all for living life as you like but don't shame your family in the process. She looks terrible.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2010
[img]http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.dancehall.mobi/pictures/island-groove-barbee.jpg&sa=X&ei=k8u8TKyQBMH58AaV1cmoDg&ved=0CAUQ8wc4Bw&usg=AFQjCNEs8QimzI8Xg4IXYHGyFoqu35sy3Q[/img]

I find her stunning in this picture. Lol. She and the rapper Game used to or still are dating which is so wierd.  But oh well I like the girl, and if I sound like a groupie so what? And to the person above me, her father loves his daughter end of story. I really dont see the big deal aside from bleaching. He had a child with a Jamaican woman and Jamaican ppl are liberal for the most part in how they express themselves/ dress so. . .why get mad? thats like a black man impregnating a white girl and being surprised that the baby has blue eyes i mean wtf?

@IFY have you heard her song "See bout me" with Trina? nice song.

@INK yea i know lol.
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by bkbabe97y(m): 12:16am On Oct 19, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

LMFAO@ WALMART!!!!! but no I live in North Carolina in a place called Chapel Hill (famous for UNC the school and basketball team) anyway 90 PERCENT of the business close 9 p.m. SHARP! LOL. So I usually go to two other cities nearby Durham/ Raleigh to hang out. My town is bootleg! B.O.R.I.N.G! Mostly whites, asians and Mexicans here undecided

LOL@ BK.Babe. Im not half Nigerian, Barbee is. I am half African American.

Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham. . . . used to be in them places back in the day; GreensBoro too!

Oh, u half Jamaican, right?

Dont pay Inked no mind I aint trying to get in ur pants. I just wanna know if I can hit "it"! cool
Re: Barbee= Half Nigerian Half Jamaican Reggae Singer by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 19, 2010
LMFAO@ BK yes I am half Jamaican. You used to live in G.Boro? pretty cool out there. Hit it? is that how you normally talk to women? &LOL @ your sig. what your beef with him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Meghan Markle And Prince Harry’s First Official Couple Portraits [photos] / 2 Guys Recreate Video Of Helen & Susan That Falsely Accused Davido / Wow! This Has Got To Be The Most Sophisticated Photo Of Olajumoke So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.