Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying (26608 Views)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 05, 2016
Birds die more this time of the year.

Make sure you separate suspected sick birds, they could be contagious. Once you notice the birds eat less and not as active as the rest with roughed feather, remove asap.

Try and get a battery cage, and make sure the place is well ventilated ..

I had small issue too last week that made me lose about 15 birds.. But I have been able able to rectify it by placing the rest of my birds in battery cage and isolate the suspected birds for special treatment.

Birds mass mortality is the biggest problem is poultry production.

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by LordVoldemort(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2016
@Op the solution is easy, we wil bail you out.

Guys let's help a brother by donating what will we have.

I will supply all the pepper soup ingredients

Someone should provide firewood, pots, oil, big ORIGIN and If anybody sabi do BBQ abeg come along

Girls make una come with morning fresh and sponge to clean the plates
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by OMOBABAYEMI: 5:16pm On May 05, 2016
Only single sign is not enough4 us2get d true pics. But i suspect chronic respiratory disease. Hope the place they stay is not moist? Have u ever noticed them closing one eye or two or always trying to peep through the vent... Okay go back and try lowering your head to their level and see if you can breath clean air that is not highly filled with gas..( well i dont know shaaa.) but sorry.

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by gimbayaro(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2016
give them procain penicillin & streptomacine vial....is shall be well with you...Amen

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by phkka1(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari at it again. My friend lost five goats today to a strange disease.

2 Likes

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by damichworld(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2016
What you need to do is to take the dead bird and also the live one to a lab for further examination on your birds

Lagos Lab
ANIMAL CARE
ILE EPO BUS STOP ALONG LAGOS/ABEOKUTO
EXPRESS WAY

Once you get to Ile epo bus stop ask anyone that you are heading to animal care.After general hospital

Solution would be given to you after the analysis .Just dnt worry.It's well
Ciao
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 05, 2016
Pray
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by daphor11: 5:25pm On May 05, 2016
It's fowl pox!!!

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by dannytoe(m): 5:26pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:
I'm new to the poultry business. In Feb I started with 50 POL but they started dying last week after laying for about 7weeks now.
They start by discharging some kind of colorless puss from the eyes and mouth and within 18 hours they are dead.
I have used different antibiotics and even called in a vet but this morning another 2 were found dead.
Anyone with useful advice please help.
from your story it seems that u probably buy point of lay hens, since u said you started febuary, if u did buy such hens? i advice u nt to buy again, because 78% of most people who sell such chickens, fail to give them the complete and necessary vaccine at the nursery age, they jst buy the young chick's giv them just 2 or 3 vaccines, and then rush to the market to sell them off, so when the disease comes the chickens are unable to resist it. which it could be new castle or bird flew disease, quickly call a professional vet to examine the chickens, and isolate the sick ones.

2 Likes

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by OMOBABAYEMI: 5:26pm On May 05, 2016
MRFIXX:
when you need poultry tutorial and have a real problem, you can contact me and i will help you for free. All i see now is a boy that needs comments on his thread. First you said you started in Feb, the fastest of breeds takes about 16 weeks to start laying eggs and that is very rare most pullets starts laying between 18-20 weeks.
Secondly you also claimed they have laid for seven weeks and your pics looks more like that of a cockerel. Am sorry for not believing you albeit if you really have a real case PM me, i will help you out. 6 years experience believe me i have almost seen it all.
may be POL
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 05, 2016
OMOBABAYEMI:

may be POL

Thought of it now and had to modify the post. He actually stated POL.
Thanks
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by domack99(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:
I'm new to the poultry business. In Feb I started with 50 POL but they started dying last week after laying for about 7weeks now.
They start by discharging some kind of colorless puss from the eyes and mouth and within 18 hours they are dead.
I have used different antibiotics and even called in a vet but this morning another 2 were found dead.

Urgently go round and separate anyone with similar symptom

Guy what is the nature of the floor? are you using a caging system or floor cover with saw dust, if you are using the flooring system is it wet or dry and when last do you change the saw dust.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by yoged(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2016
yomz1e:
are you serious? your profit and livelihood is slowly disappearing and you come NL looking for tutorials on Bird Saving.......guy i smell fafafa ...Fowl ( Pun) with this ur story!
stop been unreasonable . There are a lot of experience poultry owner on nairaland and am sure he's gonna get help . You kids of nowadays . Smh

5 Likes

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Zdoh(m): 5:47pm On May 05, 2016
Remove the affected clean the environment thoroughly and give them only water with antibiotics for now.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:

You can call or text AFP (ifarms) on 07039614018 to help you out quickly.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by peter(m): 5:47pm On May 05, 2016
Get GOMBORO AND LASOTA vaccine fast.......use some cocidiostat too....good luck
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Jofez: 5:54pm On May 05, 2016
Bro sorry for your loss.... I know how u feel. Please if you can tell us more symptoms, many are ready and willing to help.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by SUXXI(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2016
Add Trevo to the water and give all your birds. Trevo is very effective in supplying 174 nutrients to the body.This will help fight any disease affecting your poultry since vets do not know what is actually wrong with them.I know of a friend who gives his dogs Trevo and it boosts their immunity and resistance to diseases.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by jibs4lv(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:
from ur pic, i can see ur floor is too dirty. Change d sawdust, clean d environment and giv dem necesary antibiotics.. ... tnk me later.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Standing5(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2016
To many kids on NL. The poultry guy needs serious suggestions and not jibes being thrown at him.

2 Likes

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Zane2point4(m): 6:01pm On May 05, 2016
Pls your birds are suffering from newcastle disease, its a viral disease , u may google it for more info , isolate and quarantine any suspected fowl, use proper viral medication in vet stores arnd, clean and vaccinate your poultry house with bleaching agent, burn or bury dead infected fowl and do not eat.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by neyur: 6:04pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:

were d birds given pox and coryza vaccines at there seven weeks of age?
because the clinical sign of the eyes is an evidence of fowl pox d white fluid from d mouth cld be a chronic fowl pox....ma opinion though
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by ahmedio: 6:11pm On May 05, 2016
Thanks to everyone who has contrinuted one thing or the other.

As I mentioned that they are POL.

Other symptoms are coughing( that is the best way I can describe it), closing of eyes, green shit, and drop in egg production and quality.

I isolate sick ones but the healthy ones start showing symptoms the next day.
My wife has suggested we kill and cook anyone symptomatic.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by jonnieoneng: 6:11pm On May 05, 2016
I wish to help ,please can you call me on this number 08062141443.I am a poultry expert with years of experience.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by ahmedio: 6:11pm On May 05, 2016
Thanks to everyone who has contributed one thing or the other.

As I mentioned that they are POL.

Other symptoms are coughing( that is the best way I can describe it), closing of eyes, green shit, and drop in egg production and quality.

I isolate sick ones but the healthy ones start showing symptoms the next day.
My wife has suggested we kill and cook anyone symptomatic.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by Jofez: 6:24pm On May 05, 2016
Bro dat should be Newcastle disease or Infectious bronchitis...... more of Newcastle sef. ... . Please don't vaccinate now. Is risky. Place dem on polidine and Admacine. If u are on whatsapp kindly message me 08108887841... Let's add u to our poultry group.... We are willing to help you sir. .... . Please don't forget to change dia litter

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by jonnieoneng: 6:24pm On May 05, 2016
from the few symptoms you have given, I believe your birds are reacting to something in your environment which is strange to them.I ALWAYS DISCOURAGE those I mentor from buying POL.This is because a lot of things can go wrong along the way.It would have being better that you raise your layers from the scratch.With the way they are dying,there is nothing which you can do at a fast rate that will stop the Mortality.My candid advice count your loses and Try again but this time buy you birds as Day Old,So that the mistakes of the past are not made again.You might have also introduced diseases into your flock due to in discipline in Poultry management.You can not afford to be careless with your birds as you have seen.In my practice ,there is an outright ban on people entering my poultry out of 1000 birds I lost just 4.People thought I was too strict,including my wife and children.Pls call me on my Number I have a soft spot for people into poultry farming.Don't give up my bro.....God is in your side yet.

1 Like

Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by benny127(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2016
ahmedio:
obviously you called d vet late, this is what happens when ppl tries to prove smart. you dnt do that in poultry because poultry is d most risky business u can embark on , it is often advised dat to curtail risk ,one need to seek veterinary advise and uphold d various vaccination regimen and schedule prescribed.
Dr okunrinkoya benjamin
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by lukma227(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2016
U shd take one of de dead bird to a veterinary doctor for postmortem test to determine de cos of death. But mean while u can buy antibacterial and antiviral durgs including vitamin
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by goludayo: 6:31pm On May 05, 2016
That pox coming from the mouth and sinusitis is known as infectious sinusitis disease so if you can get pure tylodox from ur area u can use one spoon to 4litres of water pls isolate all d infected ones from your pen because it a bacteria infection that can spread easily u can add any neomycin based drug with that tylosin.
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by obadisa: 6:37pm On May 05, 2016
Bro.....my uncle was once a victim of that also, on the long run he discover that it was due to direct sunlight.Maybe ur poultry is in an open place that attract sunlight....moreover d sun wey dey shine dz days na die
Re: Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying by ogunronbi18(m): 6:38pm On May 05, 2016
bro dnt trow them away, just go to market buy tomato, magi, onion and so on.......,watch away that your 1 week stew and cook another one,
I tink dis can help, thanks me later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Without Legs Ploughing On A Farm (Photos) / Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Plant / Meet Edose Enaboifo, The CEO Of Sir Ej Farms Enterprise, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.