Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Effective Strategies For Maintaining Success And Dealing With Disaster As A Youn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Effective Strategies For Maintaining Success And Dealing With Disaster As A Youn (321 Views)

Dangote Cement Obajana Hit By Fire Disaster / 11 Tested Marketing Strategies For Outstanding Business Growth / Dangote Gives N500,000,000 To Kano Market Fire Disaster Victims (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effective Strategies For Maintaining Success And Dealing With Disaster As A Youn by probrand: 5:15pm On May 05, 2016
This another article on my leadership mastery free course; in case you missed the last blog post Subscribe to my Newsletter and get it straight on your mail box.

Leaders forum

To maintain success as a young leader or Guru, you will have to be committed and passionate about what you are doing.

The Perils Of Success

So why does complacency set in? One problem, i think is that when things are going well you start to believe your own publicity and invincibility. And because you’re at the top, you become removed from reality. You don't notice the danger signs that are definitely lurking there somewhere.

Once you’re successful, you find it difficult to listen to other people’s decisions. And the people around will find it difficult to express an opinion and they certainly very rarely say ‘no’ to you. So if things are slipping, you may well not hear about it.

The solution is to try and stay as grounded in reality as possible, to ignore the hype and the yea - Sayers. Make self help books your greatest asset; read books on leadership and self development books. Be ruthless with your time.

I certainly experienced this phenomenon myself. On one level, it’s very nice to find everyone around me agreeing with everything i say and questioning little. But as i’ve already said, it’s dangerous. At the very least it can lead to classic problem of people taking whatever you say absolutely literally.

As a younger leader, lets assume everything is going well, you are focused and your team feel motivated. You would think you could relax a little. Sadly No. It’s often how things seem to be going really well that problems can start to occur.

Apart from anything else- and somewhat ironically- any young leader that reaches to the top will inevitably run into hard time by virtue of its very level of success. More over, people will start to get tired of what you do, and because you’re too busy being successful to respond to whats really happening, the rot start to set in.

Things Fall Apart

A sense of reality, then can be one of the victims of success. And if things do start going wrong, truth rapidly flies out of the window.

In fact, i would go so far as to say that one sure sign of a failed or problematic young leader is that no one tells him the truth or at least the whole truth. This is partly because the failing young leader has already lost its grip on reality, but it’s also because, as things spiral out of control, no one wants to tell the truth. Why?

Because by this stage, if you tell the truth, you are automatically the carrier of bad news.

Fatal Errors Aspiring Young Leaders Make

The number one reason for failure is aspiring young leaders coming in with their own ideas and not inquiring.

They don’t allow others to influence their understanding of the situation and stick rapidly to their own set of principles or Style of leadership.

That comes from inability to engage his team in honest conversation and in, some cases, a lack of appreciation of its importance for performance and commitment.

SELF HELP BOOKS FOR YOUR LEADERSHIP MASTERY SUBSCRIBE TO GET IT FREE

Honestly, Good young leaders know how to create honest conversations. Whether it is their senior team or key people in the team.

As a new young leader, developing a clear direction for change, honest conversation about barriers, diagnosis and action planning is at the core of effective leadership.

One mental exercises useful for trying to establish what works and what dosen’t is apply the 7cs test.

Your answer should be immediate, not the result of deliberation and consultation.

How good or bad is your organisation at the following e.g Diamond bank of Nigeria.

Get Full Article Here:
http://www.promarketingbrand.com/2016/05/effective-strategies-for-maintaining-success-young-leadership-mastery.html

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need Retail Analytics / Do You Have Paypal For Sale Upto 8kusd? / Do You Have A Daily Mindset Practice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.