Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction (23675 Views)

MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) / Soyinka: "I Will Hold Private Funeral On Trump’s Inauguration Day" / Stain From The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 11:11am On Jun 10, 2016
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2016
Divepen1:
SMU for her
What does SMU mean?
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Divepen1(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2016
Queenxstar:
What does SMU mean?
I wanted to type Smh
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by CuteChiluv: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2016
Thanks for updating, halfbread is better than none, even though am not satisfied, cutechi is crying for more,,,,, well done, will bw waiting for dinner ,,, smileyThanks for updating, halfbread is better than none, even though am not satisfied, cutechi is crying for more,,,,, well done, will be waiting for dinner ,,, plssss
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2016
Divepen1:

I wanted to type Smh
Oh... Okay. My Oga what do you think Lillian issue is?
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Thanks for updating, halfbread is better than none, even though am not satisfied, cutechi is crying for more,,,,, well done, will bw waiting for dinner ,,, smileyThanks for updating, halfbread is better than none, even though am not satisfied, cutechi is crying for more,,,,, well done, will be waiting for dinner ,,, plssss
Sorry darling but the situation can't be helped till next week. I'm strictly on doctor order to rest immensely. By the way, what do you think Lillian problem is?
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Divepen1(m): 7:14am On Jun 11, 2016
Queenxstar:
Oh... Okay. My Oga what do you think Lillian issue is?
Me ke?
Oga bi ti boo

In Yoruba we call it inu Fufu.
I'm not sure I can get the literal translation but it shows someone that gets angry excessively or that loses control when angry.

1 Like

Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by CuteChiluv: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2016
What is worrying lilian plenty oo, if i follow science, she has phycological problem serious one self, culture- them the follow her from her village, religion= she needs deliverance, she has issues and i feel she is insecure, something is bothering her,
please rest well oo, i guess i should be the second doctor,stay off nairaloand until u get well biko queen,
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2016
Divepen1:

Me ke?
Oga bi ti boo

In Yoruba we call it inu Fufu.
I'm not sure I can get the literal translation but it shows someone that gets angry excessively or that loses control when angry.
Okay. Thank you dear.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2016
CuteChiluv:
What is worrying lilian plenty oo, if i follow science, she has phycological problem serious one self, culture- them the follow her from her village, religion= she needs deliverance, she has issues and i feel she is insecure, something is bothering her,
please rest well oo, i guess i should be the second doctor,stay off nairaloand until u get well biko queen,
Well analyzed. You should be in the medical profession I suppose. Fortunately story is all typed.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2016
Hello Flakky! It's been ages. How're you?
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Flakkydagirl: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2016
Queenxstar:
Hello Flakky! It's been ages. How're you?
Hello ma......
Ayam fine o.
Its been long i saw you here.
Couldn't believe it was you at first.
I am enjoying this work.
Just as Oga Divepen said,Lily is suffering from Inu fufu.
Patiently waiting for more updates.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
Flakkydagirl:
Hello ma......
Ayam fine o.
Its been long i saw you here.
Couldn't believe it was you at first.
I am enjoying this work.
Just as Oga Divepen said,Lily is suffering from Inu fufu.
Patiently waiting for more updates.
Hahaha, thank you dear. More updates you will get.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by CuteChiluv: 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Me enjoyed, my seat is hot because i really want to understand madam lilian and know her iissues, how is your health
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by emmynku(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nice piece of literature,wot do i say? I think writing gets better with time. I would rather you unleash your descriptive ability onto the next chapter. The power of every good writer remains their ability to bring d reader into the situations the story creates. I like your work,but i think you need a lot patience while churning out ur imaginations.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Me enjoyed, my seat is hot because i really want to understand madam lilian and know her iissues, how is your health
I'm better dearest, thank you.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
emmynku:
Nice piece of literature,wot do i say? I think writing gets better with time. I would rather you unleash your descriptive ability onto the next chapter. The power of every good writer remains their ability to bring d reader into the situations the story creates. I like your work,but i think you need a lot patience while churning out ur imaginations.
I'm working on that. I appreciate your criticism, God bless you dear.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by ADUKKY(f): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Space booked.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
ADUKKY:
Space booked.
Welcome on board.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Princeville(m): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
This is a wonderful piece...Keep up the good work!!
The story reminds of my ex...got attacked by a knife out if jealousy
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Princeville(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
The story reminds of my ex...got attacked by a knife out of jealousy
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by CuteChiluv: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2016
Hope you are fine, how body, lets know u are fine oo, i have missed you here,
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2016
Princeville:
The story reminds of my ex...got attacked by a knife out of jealousy
Huh? You don't say! Attacked by a knife? Where? Hope it didn't leave a scar. How did you end the relationship?
Welcome on board dearie.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
CuteChiluv:
Hope you are fine, how body, lets know u are fine oo, i have missed you here,
Sweetie, I'm splendid now. Thank you.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by CuteChiluv: 6:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Good to know you are fine, please dont stop be encouraged,
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by babyunique(f): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice write up[color=#990000][/color]
Queenxstar:
Chapter three

In skin colour, Lillian was ebony black, six feet tall with average facial features but with a curvaceous body most women would kill for. At 31 years of age, she had a career that was the envy of both men and women alike. In a crisp white, sleeveless, belted fit and flare dress with legs in burgundy, blue and tan strappy upper and leopard print covered back four inches heels shoes her husband had given for her birthday a couple of months back, Lillian gaze absentmindedly from the window of her office providing view of the hanger where a military plane was been serviced with her well manicured finger drumming on the glass plane.
The phone in her hand vibrated and she hurriedly with optimism looked at the screen. It was a call from her network provider and it took all her will power not to smash the phone in a fit of anger.
Matthew had refused to pick the calls she had spent the better part of her time off appointments making. They had not seen eye to eye since the incident of the night before.
She drummed her manicured fingers on the glass momentarily. It had been a fact, her source was reliable and her husband had not denied that he had been at Classic hotel. He had no right to be angry at her reaction and if he wanted to stew in his juice to make her feel guilty over nothing, it was his call.
Lillian hissed as she walked back gracefully to the brown high back swivel chair, settled in and opened the file to the unpublished manuscript of the brochure a private aero company had sent for her expert review.
She was going to play a puppet wife to no man, not at this level of her life; a level that men in her profession envied.
She had risen in a male-dominated profession via hard work, discipline, perseverance and resilient. Though the road had not been rosy but she lived for challenges and had always proved herself and disappointed awfully those who had discouraged or didn’t believe in her.
No. she shook her head. Matthew wasn’t going to take her down that emotional path of weakness and poor decision, she decided as she picked a black pen and uncapped it.

“What is the meaning of this?” Matthew said with obvious irritation as he looked through the patient’s folder. “Is it too difficult for instructions to be carried out around here now?”
“I told her o.” The patient with eyes shielded with dark glasses said.
He pressed a button on the table and in his irritation pressed it a second time in spite the knowledge that a tap on the button was all he needed to get the necessary attention.
In less than a minute, a nurse knocked and entered the consulting room.
“Nurse Adanma, were you the one that the repeated the visual acuity of this patient?”
“Yes.”
“So why didn’t you carry out every of my instructions Nurse emm... Ada?”
She looked momentarily confused.
“I told you that doctor said you should put the eye drop.” The patient interjected.
“Doctor, all I saw on the folder was that his visual acuity should be repeated. I can’t dilate his eyes when it is not indicated.”
He could have argued with her knowing he was unlikely to make that type of error instead he looked away from her to the folder and flipped it backward to where the consultation for the day started. His error locked gaze with him.
“Mr. Alex, could you please excuse us?” He told his patient without looking up. “Nurse Adanma, I’m terribly sorry.” He told her when the door closed.
“I understand Doctor.” She smiled. “I know you to be meticulous so whatever the issue may be, take care of it fast.”
He nodded and wrote down the instruction he had skipped before handing her the folder.
“Should I send in the next patient?”
“No, I need a moment. I'm sorry.” He repeated.
She nodded with a smile and head out.
He picked his smart phone that had been on silent mode just to see twenty missed calls, sixteen of which were from his sweetheart.
He huffed and massaged his forehead.
He had retired to the guest room the night before with clothes and everything he needed for work. She had been in the shower when he left for work without touching the meal he knew was meant for him on the dining table.
He was tired of communicating to her about how much she hurt him every time she became paranoid and accused him falsely. She shattered things and replaced them as soon as possible but did nothing to replace the holes in his heart which was now taking a toll on him.
Like the day before when she had accused him of infidelity. He had gotten an emergency call from one of his patient, the owner of the hotel and had decided go see him. Which man would explain that to a wife who had apparently drawn her conclusions? It was even painful to explain and get unbelief in return. He scrolled through his contacts deciding to let her be for a while as he dialed his cousin’s number.

Don't leave without leaving a comment on the post, please.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Thank you Unique.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by slimsue(f): 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
Another one from the Queen herself.
Lillian deserve what ever is coming to her and so much more.
Where ever u want to post it I will make sure to follow and read so far I have the link. Weldone ma.
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by lenmafon: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
Queenxstar weldone. Pls dont stop posting on NL. It is well with u smiley
Re: A HOLD FROM THE PAST- Women fiction by Queenxstar(f): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2016
slimsue:
Another one from the Queen herself.
Lillian deserve what ever is coming to her and so much more.
Where ever u want to post it I will make sure to follow and read so far I have the link. Weldone ma.
Thank you dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Christmas Party / The Airegin Mafias (by Oyinprince & Donkross1) / 11 Facts You Didn't Know About William Shakespeare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.