Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (24114 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / Rejoinder: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Ghydyon(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2016
THE APPALLING STATE OF SCHOOLS IN OSUN STATE

As one of the TP sudents' teacher at Oduduwa college in Ile Ife, my experiences so far instigated me to put up this heartfelt piece.

I was so saddened about the negative paradigm shift and polices of the State government which is prevailing in Government secondary schools of Osun state which in one way or the other bedeviled and served as a step back to the educational sector of the state and the nation at large.

I'm sure most of my readers here quietly Applauded the present Incumbent Governor when he came into power owing to some laudable projects he embarked upon and the drastic changes the governor intends to effect in the State.
Having tested power the second time we get to really know who this Man is, fulfilling the quote which says "all men can face adversities, but if you want to know who a man is give him power".

It was quite so worrisome that the Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expunged the social gathering of students known as "Assembly" in all government schools in the State, making the students start their daily academic activities on a casual note.
The assembly of Students which is seen as an avenue to checkmate and moderate the illicit characters of the Student have been swept by the Governor under the carpet with no justifiable reasons.
Whether the Assembly whatsoever is promoting one religion or the other isn't enough justifiable reasons why the gathering of students should be expunged. At least laws ought to have been extended towards making sure that Assembly of students wouldn't promote one religion to the other.

As if that isn't enough, the governor has shown a lackadaisical attitude towards revamping and resuscitating the sector, as most of the buildings in public secondary schools which were built for donkey years now haven't been rehabilitated or rebuilt, rather students learn under porous and "underconducive" environment.

The syllabus of the Schools have been in disarray, due to the incessant industrial action that is rampant in the state. Schools no longer have time table as they are now taught by chance and not as planned; no motivation by the teachers to teach, teachers are threatened to be sacked, Salaries of the Teachers are half paid or not paid at all, among others.

Then I begin to pounder in my mind on what kind of products will these schools faced with these avalanche of problems produce by its government;the answer is quite obvious.

If possible I think a state of emergency should be declared on all public secondary schools in Osun State and a very urgent and responsible steps should be taken towards rejuvenating the educational sector in the state.

Lives of the youngsters are at stake. We can't afford to let things continue this way and if we're not cautious, these Youngsters will in the long run constitute join the leagues of causing nuisance to our very community.

Education should be a powerful weapon we can use in changing the world and not an institution to constitute nuisance to the world.

God Bless OAU
God Bless Osun state.
God Bless Nigeria!

Adetoba Oluwaseyi M.
A.Marx
(A student of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile Ife)

Source:
http://oaupigeonpost.mywapblog.com/the-appalling-state-of-schools-in-osun-s.xhtml

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Fynestboi: 9:38am On May 06, 2016
Warrisdis undecided
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by scholes0(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2016
This one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs as well as a nice chalkboard. Just some repair work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/25/ugbene-ajima-community-in-enugu-tale-of-woes-from-forgotten-schools/

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by jendy36(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2016
My Naija
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Agunechemba1(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2016
Osun again?

If not for no man's land(Lagos) the west would have been worst than the north.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by PIPPROF(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2016
they should thank God for Lagos, unless the west for hearam shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Nobody: 10:49am On May 06, 2016
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Nobody: 10:49am On May 06, 2016
Aregberascal is working, Osun is retrogressing

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Hillzy(m): 10:50am On May 06, 2016
Wat then is dis Head boi of debt is do self, salary u no pay, allowee u no pay, public skul u no repair n we no hear of any project wey u dey do

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Nine11: 10:50am On May 06, 2016
Abi naa
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by rita25(f): 10:50am On May 06, 2016
they even have blackboard and op is complaining go to the north and see school under dogonyaro tree where students and chameleons are frends and attend lectures together.

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Scofield92: 10:50am On May 06, 2016
These APC governors just dey spoil awolowo's legacy

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by gurunlocker: 10:51am On May 06, 2016
I don't understand, how will government keep watching till a school turn this way? not this state only but Nigeria in general.... Out maintenance is very poor.....

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tooman: 10:51am On May 06, 2016
OP fear God

why don't you include the ongoing projects?

what will be your reward for this?

6 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by omooba969(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2016
U guys deserve every vagabond in power because you routinely refuse to cast your votes for visionary leaders who are progressives.

Enjoy your meal my 9ja ppl. cool

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by GogetterMD(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2016
Public secondary schools in the country are an eyesore and are in an appalling state, esp Osun state. I had interactions with some senior secondary school students in Osun and they couldn't even write their own names on paper. Uniforms are in tatters, all dirty even though the natural colour of the uniforms is brown, they speak Yoruba in school with their colleagues and teachers alike, they sort their teachers to give them orijo for SSCE, and they graduate into their dream profession, becoming okada riders in Osogbo metropolis.
#concernedNigerian

6 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by HomeOfMe(f): 10:53am On May 06, 2016
Ghydyon:
THE APPALLING STATE OF SCHOOLS IN OSUN STATE

As one of the TP sudents' teacher at Oduduwa college in Ile Ife, my experiences so far instigated me to put up this heartfelt piece.

I was so saddened about the negative paradigm shift and polices of the State government which is prevailing in Government secondary schools of Osun state which in one way or the other bedeviled and served as a step back to the educational sector of the state and the nation at large.

I'm sure most of my readers here quietly Applauded the present Incumbent Governor when he came into power owing to some laudable projects he embarked upon and the drastic changes the governor intends to effect in the State.
Having tested power the second time we get to really know who this Man is, fulfilling the quote which says "all men can face adversities, but if you want to know who a man is give him power".

It was quite so worrisome that the Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expunged the social gathering of students known as "Assembly" in all government schools in the State, making the students start their daily academic activities on a casual note.
The assembly of Students which is seen as an avenue to checkmate and moderate the illicit characters of the Student have been swept by the Governor under the carpet with no justifiable reasons.
Whether the Assembly whatsoever is promoting one religion or the other isn't enough justifiable reasons why the gathering of students should be expunged. At least laws ought to have been extended towards making sure that Assembly of students wouldn't promote one religion to the other.

As if that isn't enough, the governor has shown a lackadaisical attitude towards revamping and resuscitating the sector, as most of the buildings in public secondary schools which were built for donkey years now haven't been rehabilitated or rebuilt, rather students learn under porous and "underconducive" environment.

The syllabus of the Schools have been in disarray, due to the incessant industrial action that is rampant in the state. Schools no longer have time table as they are now taught by chance and not as planned; no motivation by the teachers to teach, teachers are threatened to be sacked, Salaries of the Teachers are half paid or not paid at all, among others.

Then I begin to pounder in my mind on what kind of products will these schools faced with these avalanche of problems produce by its government;the answer is quite obvious.

If possible I think a state of emergency should be declared on all public secondary schools in Osun State and a very urgent and responsible steps should be taken towards rejuvenating the educational sector in the state.

Lives of the youngsters are at stake. We can't afford to let things continue this way and if we're not cautious, these Youngsters will in the long run constitute join the leagues of causing nuisance to our very community.

Education should be a powerful weapon we can use in changing the world and not an institution to constitute nuisance to the world.

God Bless OAU
God Bless Osun state.
God Bless Nigeria!

Adetoba Oluwaseyi M.
A.Marx
(A student of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile Ife)

Source:
http://oaupigeonpost.mywapblog.com/the-appalling-state-of-schools-in-osun-s.xhtml
SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by MbaanabaraAgu(m): 10:53am On May 06, 2016
Since Aragbesela wore his school uniform to school to advocate his failed academic reforms, Osun schools have not been the same again. He just went there to destroy what was left of Awo's legacies.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Larryhoover(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2016
So degrading and pitiful. I guess the people of the state would use their mandate wisely in the next electioneering program.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tmtech: 10:56am On May 06, 2016
Aregbe is a freaking noise maker..... He taught Osun is like lagos where u spend money anyhow without consequences... The rot in osun education system started during Bisi Akande Era when he sacked teachers cos he wanted to build state house... Aregbe wasted money on useless tablets and so many white elephant project4.... The most annoying thing is that Aregbe would neva admit failure ... He should return to lagos where you sink a borehole with #70million.... States like osun need a very prudent, creative and innovative leaders... Aregbe is a big scam....

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by bigerboy200: 10:56am On May 06, 2016
Ops is talking like this is strange....Nigeria is a big mess as a whole..u will find hundreds of schools worse than this around the country...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by manutdrichie(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2016
W
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Larryton(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2016
Of which I know things are more worst than this in ur horrible place called East, all I smell in u is hypocrite at the highest level.

7 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by iconSAGE1(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2016
scholes0:
These one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs. Just some work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

Igbophobia, as usual u must look for a way to refer to the Igbo's wey this thing no concern.

9 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Dottore: 10:59am On May 06, 2016
[size=15pt]All hail Gov. Aregbese, the recharge card sharing governor, the gbigi gbaga owing governor, the proponent of state bailout funds, the APC chiki chaka of Osun.

My salutations to you and your amiable Co achiever Gov. Rochas Okorocha and like minded Senator Theodore Oji of the great mysteriously loser PDP.
Many obeisances to your other likes under probe and those that are still unprobed.

Greetings to all heartless looters of public funds. All One time this and one time that and many other former former former without present and future.
May your generations reap what you have sown directly and indirectly. [/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by EYIMICHAEL(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Osun again?

If not for no man's land(Lagos) the west would have been worst than the north.

What is this one Saying.

Anambra Weeds.

Even in America there is a village there

5 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by dragonking2: 10:59am On May 06, 2016
I expect aragbesola to come and blame GEJ as usual since that's what APC and their zombies know how to do.. grin

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2016
This is indeed a very pitiable condition. Education system is now in total shambles. Which way Nigeria?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE BELOW.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by BarclaysV(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2016
Of course, this is pathetic, but yo people have a problem with osun state and its govt, u come here write poo about the state alone, go to plateau state where i served,jos to be precise, you will have to praise this what you are seeing... i don't blame the op, u r yet to go for nysc regarding what u wrote up there, you will see worst... Stop masturbating on osun state issue, it seems u r bias and present you like hypocrite...God bless nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by phemmyutd(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2016
These should be old building. The State Government have constructed new building to replace most

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by scholes0(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2016
iconSAGE1:

Igbophobia, as usual u must look for a way to refer to the Igbo's wey this thing no concern.

Go and DIE!!
You didn't see your own brothers saying thrash and exhibiting their chronic YORUBAPHOBIA in the following comments abi?
MKPI!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious: After A Poor Performance, And The Teacher Says You Need To "Sit Up" / The 2 Immutable Laws Of Being A First Class Student / Olukayode Mobolaji Oluwasona Graduates With 5.0 CPGA In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.