Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (24152 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / Rejoinder: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by freeborn76(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2016
[quote author=Agunechemba1 post=45361807]Osun again?

If not for no man's land(Lagos) the west would have been worst than the north.

See this mumu! Name one state in the entire Southeast that is habitable...is it Aba-that huge dump site? Is it Ebonyi-that state that still operates with 1919 calendar? Or is it Anambra-with filthy and disjointed storey buildings? Abi na Imo? Apart from Enugu CBD, the entire Enugu state is a case study in underdevelopment. Which state you wan name? It is not our fault that Lagos is developed and prosperous; if e pain you, google and search for the direction of the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Olukat(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2016
scholes0:
These one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs. Just some work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

Are you trying to justify the state of the school or what? sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Category1: 11:02am On May 06, 2016
F
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by christopher123(m): 11:02am On May 06, 2016
Technically speaking

I give up on education from there ...WAEC and NECO are correct
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by arimahoseloka(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2016
this country is an embarrassment. we are being ruled by animals
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by chiefolododo(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2016
What else should we say? Aregbesola has destroyed all sectors be it education, economy ,health etc . the man will now come out with one elephant project just to embezzle money the more.

A lot of retirees have died because he no longer pay them pension , ask me their offense? (The didnt vote for him)
Let me say this again,God will have to appolgize to pharaoh or destroy aregbesola.

WOE TO AREGBSOLA ! WOE TO AREGBESOLA !! WOE TO AREGBESOLA!!!

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Checked86: 11:04am On May 06, 2016
scholes0:
These one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs. Just some work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

I know the school personally. The Itchi boarders Unadu, Ibeawa. You should try to post believable pictures. We have dilapidated classroom blocks but your pictures are pure exaggeration. I am from Igbo-Eze South(Alor-Agu) but I served in Osun state, Ede South. Osun state has many nice school buildings. In short, you can get up to three public secondary schools in one community. What Osun state lacks is teachers. They depend entirely on corps members

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tvreporter: 11:06am On May 06, 2016
2016 Recruitment in a Multinational Oil & Gas Company in Nigeria

A multinational organization in the Oil & Gas sector, is currently inviting applications from suitable and qualified persons. So all intrested candidates are hereby informed and are advised to apply as quick as possible.

List of Jobs

Job Title

Secretary/Technical Assistant

Code

STA 09

Nigeria

Minimum Qualification

B.Sc. / HND in Applied Sciences,
Have at least 6 years working experience.
Be fluent in both spoken and written English, while being experienced in using MS Word & Excel, CorelDraw, Auto CAD, Power Point etc

Job Title

Pipeline Inspector

Code

PLI 02
Nigeria

Minimum Qualification

B.Sc, / HND in any of these engineering fields namely; Mechanical, Process, Electrical. Metallurgy, Material or other relevant areas.
Have at least 4 years working experience.
In-depth knowledge of one or more and understanding of others out; Oil & Gas, Power Plants, Process, Infrastructure/Construction.
Have comprehensive knowledge of the Factories Act or similar legislation, codes and standards.
Have quality assurance knowledge e.g. Quality Systems/ Manuals/Procedures,
Be conversant with safe working practices.
Be competent and experienced in compiling technical report writing.
Be fully familiar with international codes of practice related to their areas of specialization.
Have API 570, 571, 563 and other qualification
Be fluent in both spoken and written English while being experiences in using MS-Word/Excel, Power Point, etc.

click>>>here
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by PaulJohn1: 11:07am On May 06, 2016
No excuse for the dilapidated school the OP posted. But saying nothing has been done about school structures in Osun is Incorrect.

Here are pictures of schools in Osun.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by sunshinegurl(f): 11:08am On May 06, 2016
gracebaby696:
v
you better delete that stupid advert of MTN...you fake fraudster.. I have reported you to effcc today
.who told you that MTN is doing promo
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by PaulJohn1: 11:08am On May 06, 2016

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Osun again?

If not for no man's land(Lagos) the west would have been worst than the north.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by PaulJohn1: 11:10am On May 06, 2016
schools

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:10am On May 06, 2016
How I wish I am Iwo town, I would have snapped the new building of Baptist Aipate primary school. OP na where u walk reach na there you see.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by PaulJohn1: 11:11am On May 06, 2016

4 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tuzeriouz(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2016
scholes0:

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/25/ugbene-ajima-community-in-enugu-tale-of-woes-from-forgotten-schools/

Dats wia zombies like u ought to serve to ensure dat u remain a zombie for ever....

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2016
PaulJohn1:
No excuse for the dilapidated school the OP posted. But saying nothing has been done about school structures in Osun is Incorrect.

Here are pictures of schools in Osun.
I swear to God, despite the fact that am not a fan of Aregbesola. On schools infrastructures he really tried. The OP just hate Aregbe. If he wants to judge someone he should put his hatred aside and be objective.

6 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2016
rita25:
they even have blackboard and op is complaining go to the north and see school under dogonyaro tree where students and chameleons are frends and attend lectures together.
Read the post well .
The school curriculum is in disarray. No continuum. People are taught just by chance due to incessant strikes, etc
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by kenny1313(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2016
rita25:
they even have blackboard and op is complaining go to the north and see school under dogonyaro tree where students and chameleons are frends and attend lectures together.
Pls since you can't go to the north your self, use your google to about modern school in kano and see for your self am an igbo boy for your info.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by jkaro(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2016
Ghydyon:
THE APPALLING STATE OF SCHOOLS IN OSUN STATE

As one of the TP sudents' teacher at Oduduwa college in Ile Ife, my experiences so far instigated me to put up this heartfelt piece.

I was so saddened about the negative paradigm shift and polices of the State government which is prevailing in Government secondary schools of Osun state which in one way or the other bedeviled and served as a step back to the educational sector of the state and the nation at large.

I'm sure most of my readers here quietly Applauded the present Incumbent Governor when he came into power owing to some laudable projects he embarked upon and the drastic changes the governor intends to effect in the State.
Having tested power the second time we get to really know who this Man is, fulfilling the quote which says "all men can face adversities, but if you want to know who a man is give him power".

It was quite so worrisome that the Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expunged the social gathering of students known as "Assembly" in all government schools in the State, making the students start their daily academic activities on a casual note.
The assembly of Students which is seen as an avenue to checkmate and moderate the illicit characters of the Student have been swept by the Governor under the carpet with no justifiable reasons.
Whether the Assembly whatsoever is promoting one religion or the other isn't enough justifiable reasons why the gathering of students should be expunged. At least laws ought to have been extended towards making sure that Assembly of students wouldn't promote one religion to the other.

As if that isn't enough, the governor has shown a lackadaisical attitude towards revamping and resuscitating the sector, as most of the buildings in public secondary schools which were built for donkey years now haven't been rehabilitated or rebuilt, rather students learn under porous and "underconducive" environment.

The syllabus of the Schools have been in disarray, due to the incessant industrial action that is rampant in the state. Schools no longer have time table as they are now taught by chance and not as planned; no motivation by the teachers to teach, teachers are threatened to be sacked, Salaries of the Teachers are half paid or not paid at all, among others.

Then I begin to pounder in my mind on what kind of products will these schools faced with these avalanche of problems produce by its government;the answer is quite obvious.

If possible I think a state of emergency should be declared on all public secondary schools in Osun State and a very urgent and responsible steps should be taken towards rejuvenating the educational sector in the state.

Lives of the youngsters are at stake. We can't afford to let things continue this way and if we're not cautious, these Youngsters will in the long run constitute join the leagues of causing nuisance to our very community.

Education should be a powerful weapon we can use in changing the world and not an institution to constitute nuisance to the world.

God Bless OAU
God Bless Osun state.
God Bless Nigeria!

Adetoba Oluwaseyi M.
A.Marx
(A student of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile Ife)

Source:
http://oaupigeonpost.mywapblog.com/the-appalling-state-of-schools-in-osun-s.xhtml
cant say why this generational politics cant look at the poor masses who they claim voted them in
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:18am On May 06, 2016
Checked86:
I know the school personally. The Itchi boarders Unadu, Ibeawa. You should try to post believable pictures. We have dilapidated classroom blocks but your pictures are pure exaggeration. I from Igbo-Eze South(Alor-Agu) but I served in Osun state, Ede South. Osun state has many nice school buildings. In short, you can get up to three public secondary schools in one community. What Osun state lacks is teachers. They depend entirely on corps members
I like you for being objective. That is exactly what they are lacking. I was discussing with one of my cousins in SS 2 now he was complaining they had no chemistry teacher. School infrastructures, Osun has it.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Checked86: 11:20am On May 06, 2016
scholes0:

Go and DIE!!
You didn't see your own brothers saying thrash and exhibiting their chronic YORUBAPHOBIA in the following comments abi?
MKPI!
I can see u are learning Igbo very fast by calling him Mpki (he-goat). I don't know if you have finished service but Itchi is in my Local govt(igbo-eze south). Osun has schools, good schools, but few teachers.

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by smallJagaban: 11:25am On May 06, 2016
FOOLISH OP..
NEW SCHOOLS HAS BEEN BUILT IN OSUN STATE... THOSE ARE OLD PICTURES.

3 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Nobody: 11:30am On May 06, 2016
rita25:

Eco Friendly Learning.

The Chameleons will blend with the Children's attire
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by scholes0(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2016
Checked86:
I can see u are learning Igbo very fast by calling him Mpki (he-goat). I don't know if you have finished service but Itchi is in my Local govt(igbo-eze south). Osun has schools, good schools, but few teachers.

Bro, we need to put these stupid tribal sentiments behind us and try to forge ahead together, or at worst , be peaceful neighbors.
All these E-fights and tribal exchanges is of benefit to nobody. Let us address the problem of decaying public / social infrastructures across the country and not just one region, and look for ways to hold our governments responsible.

I originally reserved the space on the front page and later edited it to post those pictures there because I knew some people will come later and begin tribal slurs. I just waited for that akpa amu to post his rubbish about the west, and I edited the space.

Peace.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by IME1: 11:44am On May 06, 2016
i want to say something...
when i was in school (a public school) my schoolmates used to bend the ceiling fans and puncture the ceiling boards. also in another public school i used to attend lesson in, guys in the area used to play ball, and it used to destroy the roof of the school.
Finally some other people used to destroy these schools by poor maintenance culture.
you match the painted walls
you write on the walls
you scratch the tables and inscribe on them
you sign "Dapo Ike Ahmed Ebi" waz here on the door, wall, chair and even pillars!
well some things just need maintenance
others need minor repairs before they become severe
and the rest need intervention (government, corporate bodies, the communities, the alumni, etc)

my 10 kobo.
God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Checked86: 12:07pm On May 06, 2016
scholes0:

Bro, we need to put these stupid tribal sentiments behind us and try to forge ahead together, or at worst , be peaceful neighbors.
All these E-fights and tribal exchanges is of benefit to nobody. Let us address the problem of decaying public / social infrastructures across the country and not just one region, and look for ways to hold our governments responsible.

I originally reserved the space on the front page and later edited it to post those pictures there because I knew some people will come later and begin tribal slurs. I just waited for that akpa amu to post his rubbish about the west, and I edited the space.

Peace.
you are right. The method of politics in Nigeria is the problem. The tribal war is becoming inborn problem. Even if the Igbo secedes from Nigeria, the problem will still crop up, may be within the states. It will always be there but let's manage the problem in our own individual ways. I have seen many topics in Nairaland like, "see this beautiful yoruba actress" instead of Nollywood actress. Things of this nature unconsciously remind us that we are not one. Because if Igbo guy that is going to click that topic is doing so just to look for fault and not appreciate the actress.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Kessyy2k4(m): 12:18pm On May 06, 2016
but y is Enugu state mentioned@ d sign post OP hope my eye& ur eye not deceiving me?
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Charly68: 12:21pm On May 06, 2016
First class fake governor in Naija...he has looted the state dried in the name of fake school projects & road projects ..If a man is rebuilding 20 schools out of over 120 what percentage is that .? Even the cost of demolition would have been enough to repair the entire schools but alas! He is just very unstable a man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar / Bowen University Sacks 100 Workers / Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.