Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (24156 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX / Rejoinder: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Charly68: 12:22pm On May 06, 2016
smallJagaban prost=45362886:
FOOLISH OP..

NEW SCHOOLS HAS BEEN BUILT IN OSUN STATE... THOSE ARE OLD PICTURES.

How manynew schools were built ? Stop deceiving the public
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by HaneefahRN(f): 12:35pm On May 06, 2016
Even if Aregbe is far from being a perfect Governor, why are people trying to hard to paint him and Osun totally black and backwards. He tried no doubt in terms of school infrastructures.
These are some public schools in Osun

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by chinchum(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2016
I think the op commited fallacy of hasty generalisation. The title reads appaling state of schools in Osun , but only pixes of a school was shown.

The Next Governor after Aregbesola will now have to put less focus on buildings, but recruitment of teachers, training and motivation of the current ones. Aregbesola has done well on the volume of schools renovated and new ones built in the last 5 years. Offcourse, there would still be some bad ones, but he has reduced the bad ones drastically.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by rita25(f): 12:44pm On May 06, 2016
mumu Igbo boy bearing Kenny,kano is not the only northern state so stop talking in a myopic way...go to kastina,kebbi,jigawa and sokoto infact even mubi in adamawa.......notice me commentator you have been noticed.
kenny1313:

Pls since you can't go to the north your self, use your google to about modern school in kano and see for your self am an igbo boy for your info.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by eitsei(m): 12:49pm On May 06, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Even if Aregbe is far from being a perfect Governor, why are people trying to hard to paint him and Osun totally black and backwards. He tried no doubt in terms of school infrastructures.
These are some public schools in Osun
if not that I'm m from osun state the way some people some people talk about osun state one would have believed the state is really backward like they said...in terms of building structures for school aregbe really tried... I can't mention lot of names but I know about ataoja school of science, Osogbo Grammar School, wole Soyinka model high school Ejigbo and lot of schools like that round the state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by free13: 12:50pm On May 06, 2016
One chance. angry
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by eitsei(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2016
Charly68:
you can a tour round the state to find out..

1 Like

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by smallJagaban: 12:53pm On May 06, 2016
Charly68:

DO YOU LIVE IN OSUN STATE? GO TO THE STATE AND A LOOK FOR YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by HaneefahRN(f): 12:56pm On May 06, 2016
eitsei:
if not that I'm m from osun state the way some people some people talk about osun state one would have believed the state is really backward like they said...in terms of building structures for school aregbe really tried... I can't mention lot of names but I know about ataoja school of science, Osogbo Grammar School, wole Soyinka model high school Ejigbo and lot of schools like that round the state

Don't mind them jare. People that have never been to the State will be running their mouth like tap, and their states are no better. A blind man trying to remove spec from another person's eye. The way they talk about worker's salaries in Osun I was almost brainwashed into thinking only Osun owed workers salary. Not saying Aregbe is really good but the exaggeration of his bad sides is too much.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by kenny1313(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2016
rita25:
mumu Igbo boy bearing Kenny,kano is not the only northern state so stop talking in a myopic way...go to kastina,kebbi,jigawa and sokoto infact even mubi in adamawa.......notice me commentator you have been noticed.
Smh so you can't express your self without throwing insults ? No body has monopoly of insults, we where just properly and carefully brought up. back to the topic, I was just only trying to change your perception towards the north. for your info the north have good
schools.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tijankabba: 2:00pm On May 06, 2016
I took my time to read through this piece on the state of the educational sector in Osun. While everything about the educational landscape of the state is not perfect, I would like to point out that this story is all too misleading. The Aregbesola administration has invested heavily in education and will continue to do so. I saw pictures of school put up here to represent the current state of schools in the state and the desire to misinform Nigerians is all too glaring
Let me he by posting pictures of schools in Osun to balance the view.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Kennydoc(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2016
Larryton:
Of which I know things are more worst worse than this in ur horrible place called East, all I smell in u is hypocrite hypocrisy at the highest level.

I sincerely hope you're not a product of one of those schools.

To start with, the author of that article is a Yoruba for the South West, so I wonder why you're throwing shades on the Easterners. What has the east got to do with the article?

Secondly, the SE and SS have been topping the charts in WAEC, NECO and JAMB for over 4 or 5 years now. It means the educational system in that region may not really be in shambles as you are suggesting.

Also remember that last year, Osun state was the 29th state in terms of WAEC performance. If you marry that info with this post, it won't be difficult to understand why students from the state have been performing very poorly in SSCE.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Kennydoc(m): 2:03pm On May 06, 2016
Larryton:
Of which I know things are more worst worse than this in ur horrible place called East, all I smell in u is hypocrite hypocrisy at the highest level.

I sincerely hope you're not a product of one of those schools.

To start with, the author of that article is a Yoruba from the South West, so I wonder why you're throwing shades on the Easterners. What has the east got to do with the article?

Secondly, the SE and SS have been topping the charts in WAEC, NECO and JAMB for over 4 or 5 years now. It means the educational system in that region may not really be in shambles as you are suggesting.

Also remember that last year, Osun state was the 29th state in terms of WAEC performance. If you marry that info with this post, it won't be difficult to understand why students from the state have been performing very poorly in SSCE.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tijankabba: 2:05pm On May 06, 2016
Well over 30 new schools have been built from scratch while some many more have been given a face lift.
eitsei:
you can a tour round the state to find out..
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by GboyegaD(m): 2:30pm On May 06, 2016
The classrooms are averagely okay compared to oth public schools in the nation. More so, you can't conclude about the state of physical structures using one school out of the many schools in the state.
Regarding assembly, what really is its relevance? Scraping it isn't a bad idea and I am okay with it.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by sufficientGod(f): 3:07pm On May 06, 2016
tooman:
OP fear God

why don't you include the ongoing projects?

what will be your reward for this?
despite all the projects ,he still scored 5percent
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by suduji: 3:12pm On May 06, 2016
rita25:
they even have blackboard and op is complaining go to the north and see school under dogonyaro tree where students and chameleons are frends and attend lectures together.
my sister i tend to disagree with you on this...northern schools have good facilities just that they lack good teachers and personnels....even borno and yobe that have been ravaged by BH have good facilities..i rest my case
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by olajizz01(m): 4:11pm On May 06, 2016
scholes0:
This one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs as well as a nice chalkboard. Just some repair work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/25/ugbene-ajima-community-in-enugu-tale-of-woes-from-forgotten-schools/
And the children of hate will come here from their region of rising crime to spits venom,Op is even bais as if the govt never build any new building in already existing schools throughout the state,the govt havent erect new building in his own school,but he shouldnt generalise it throughout the state.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by miky2002(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Agunechemba1:
Osun again?

If not for no man's land(Lagos) the west would have been worst than the north.

. I just wondered how some of this IPAD or IPOD youths reason at time, do you think the best student in south west is from Lagos State, ask those Governors of Lagos where they schooled? You will be surprise with the answer... Get the fact from me now
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by olajizz01(m): 4:42pm On May 06, 2016
Regarding assembly,there was a time we heard a rumour that boko haram were in osun state,that was when govt cancelled assembly in schools in order to avert any danger as we all know that Bh always target public places and this present govt built schools more than any past govt we had in osun,but is like op has a hiding agenda just to rubbish the present govt in osun.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by olajizz01(m): 5:01pm On May 06, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Aregberascal is working, Osun is retrogressing
If u visit osun,you will be surprise that the rubbish they were saying about osun were not true,i am in my state and those who havent visited my state can't know it more than me.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Swissheart(f): 5:50pm On May 06, 2016
On the assembly issue, it was on hold for security reasons. Even here in Lagos we stopped conducting assembly for abt 3mnths. If a school doesn't have a timetable, is it the government that will construct one for them? Except the entire state is using a unified one. If I post pics of some old buildings here in Almighty Lagos, you'll be too surprised. But those buildings have bn replaced by modern ones. I am not from Osun bt I know how tasking educational sector can be.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Oshotse21(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2016
Osun Adara
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Halivy(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2016
Meanwhile

Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Halivy(m): 7:49pm On May 06, 2016
Meanwhile
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by hotspec(m): 8:04pm On May 06, 2016
Ona baba Ona, Sukuu baba Sukuu
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by Rhea(f): 8:33pm On May 06, 2016
scholes0:
This one is still looking good na, they even have good lockers/desks and chairs as well as a nice chalkboard. Just some repair work on roofing and they will be fine.
You need to see how bad the ones where I served in Enugu are. Students sit on the floor there, and everything has virtually crumbled.

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/25/ugbene-ajima-community-in-enugu-tale-of-woes-from-forgotten-schools/

Chief okey ezea is from itchi. He is rich enough to build a brand new school in itchi
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by tooman: 10:36pm On May 06, 2016
sufficientGod:
despite all the projects ,he still scored 5percent
typical Nigerian
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by editor123: 7:17am On May 09, 2016
Ghydyon:
THE APPALLING STATE OF SCHOOLS IN OSUN STATE

As one of the TP sudents' teacher at Oduduwa college in Ile Ife, my experiences so far instigated me to put up this heartfelt piece.

I was so saddened about the negative paradigm shift and polices of the State government which is prevailing in Government secondary schools of Osun state which in one way or the other bedeviled and served as a step back to the educational sector of the state and the nation at large.

I'm sure most of my readers here quietly Applauded the present Incumbent Governor when he came into power owing to some laudable projects he embarked upon and the drastic changes the governor intends to effect in the State.
Having tested power the second time we get to really know who this Man is, fulfilling the quote which says "all men can face adversities, but if you want to know who a man is give him power".

It was quite so worrisome that the Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has expunged the social gathering of students known as "Assembly" in all government schools in the State, making the students start their daily academic activities on a casual note.
The assembly of Students which is seen as an avenue to checkmate and moderate the illicit characters of the Student have been swept by the Governor under the carpet with no justifiable reasons.
Whether the Assembly whatsoever is promoting one religion or the other isn't enough justifiable reasons why the gathering of students should be expunged. At least laws ought to have been extended towards making sure that Assembly of students wouldn't promote one religion to the other.

As if that isn't enough, the governor has shown a lackadaisical attitude towards revamping and resuscitating the sector, as most of the buildings in public secondary schools which were built for donkey years now haven't been rehabilitated or rebuilt, rather students learn under porous and "underconducive" environment.

The syllabus of the Schools have been in disarray, due to the incessant industrial action that is rampant in the state. Schools no longer have time table as they are now taught by chance and not as planned; no motivation by the teachers to teach, teachers are threatened to be sacked, Salaries of the Teachers are half paid or not paid at all, among others.

Then I begin to pounder in my mind on what kind of products will these schools faced with these avalanche of problems produce by its government;the answer is quite obvious.

If possible I think a state of emergency should be declared on all public secondary schools in Osun State and a very urgent and responsible steps should be taken towards rejuvenating the educational sector in the state.

Lives of the youngsters are at stake. We can't afford to let things continue this way and if we're not cautious, these Youngsters will in the long run constitute join the leagues of causing nuisance to our very community.

Education should be a powerful weapon we can use in changing the world and not an institution to constitute nuisance to the world.

God Bless OAU
God Bless Osun state.
God Bless Nigeria!

Adetoba Oluwaseyi M.
A.Marx
(A student of Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile Ife)

Source:
http://oaupigeonpost.mywapblog.com/the-appalling-state-of-schools-in-osun-s.xhtml

This is irresponsible to say the least. It is a known maxim that you don't report a stort or event by presenting one side of the story. The proper thing you should have done is present the side of government.

What you presented is what Ogbeni met on ground when he got to Osun. He sat and decided to revamp the entire education system in the state.

You can see images here https://www.nairaland.com/3093905/rejoinder-state-public-secondary-schools.

He is building 38 modern secondary schools, 50 middle schools and 28 elementary schools.

He is doing his possible best sanitize the state and prioritize infrastructure for the over 4 million residence in the state of Osun.
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by G1gbolahan: 6:01pm On May 09, 2016
Truth is this is a very misleading piece. Anyone who has been to Osun recently is more likely to talk about the transformation of educational infrastructure under Aregbesola more. We should be careful not to be misled by attention-seeking people. How does one school prove the purported "state of public schools in Osun anyway"? That alone showed to me this was a shoddy attempt at dragging Osun in the mud
Re: The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State by delpee(f): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2017
G1gbolahan:
Truth is this is a very misleading piece. Anyone who has been to Osun recently is more likely to talk about the transformation of educational infrastructure under Aregbesola more. We should be careful not to be misled by attention-seeking people. How does one school prove the purported "state of public schools in Osun anyway"? That alone showed to me this was a shoddy attempt at dragging Osun in the mud

I did see some beautiful school buildings mainly on some major roads when i went to Oshogbo. However we now know better. There are still some dilapidated buildings in villages. Also check their current WAEC and NECO results. No student passed in Baptist High School Iwo for instance.

The teachers have become part time farmers to augment their over deducted half pay so they can't give their best. Many young people there can barely communicate in English. The wise ones take their children to good private schools. Where really is the impact of opon imo?

It's embarrassing, disgraceful and very sad that this is happening in the South West. Mass illiteracy is slowly creeping in while we bury our heads in sand to protect personal interests.

Somehow i think the governor is being misled but it's never too late to retrace one's steps if one is not succeeding on a particular project.

I wish Osun well. They deserve much better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar / Bowen University Sacks 100 Workers / Strike: FG Threatens ASUU With Contempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.