Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service (44991 Views)

GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by 9jatatafo(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2016
I walked to a UBA branch myself and did a local transfer, to my utmost surprise, the transfer failed and when I asked for refund, they still charged me for their services. SCAM EVERYWHERE
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by DzTzl(f): 7:36am On May 07, 2016
PoisonedOne:
Hmm, most times these transfers do fail and money deducted. It can even break relationships sometimes.

Sometimes after Easter I bought a laptop from a friend, he begged me to pay him that evening that he would need it to complete the one he has and make a transfer to another client that night. I agreed, took his account number, left and told him to expect alert in few minutes time.

I went home transferred 53k and it said transaction error, I tried another one and still got the same thing. I was mad when I received debit double alert of total of 106k plus their service charge. I quickly called my friend and told him that he would transfer back 53k for me buthhe told me he is yet to see anything.

After 30 minutes he called and begged to transfer the money and not playing with him, I got angry and told him not to joke with me over the money (thinking he had seen the alert). He keeps calling after 2hrs saying the same thing ;accusing me of not being a trusted friend, we quarreled and I was very angry that I've to call the customer care. It was then that I was told that the fund didn't go into his account neither did it return to mine embarassed. I now asked her where did the money go? She said the money would be reversed within 72hrs that I should send another one to friend now. I took the risk and resent another one to my friend.

Till this moment the guy doesn't trust me again, he has been wary of me in business and our business dealings has reduced to a minimum. I didn't care to explain anything again to him either since he didn't believe me when I told him it was a network error.

This happened with access bank (first time they are failing me).
Where your money went to is called a Virtual account, something introduced by NIBSS
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Stalwert: 7:36am On May 07, 2016
pretydiva:
Eya. It's really sad. Buh hope u don call d person back mk he refund ur 10k oo

He promised to refund
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by starlightRR(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2016
Its advisable that when you try it the first time and it failed, wait for some time (like 10mins) before trying again......and also since Edge network is not that reliable , switch your network to 3g (never fails)
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Bgorgeous: 7:42am On May 07, 2016
It was network failure chai kpele
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by divineappo(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2016
nmreports:
Never failed me.

Don't forget this things can have a bug in them sometimes.
It cannot be perfect all of the time.
It's a system, a computer, codes, software that are prone to errors due to bugs or human tweaks.

For me, I still believe GTBs service is still the best around.
u must be a staff of gtbank. we know
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by fotadmowmend(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2016
You beta thank God say no be recharge card u use am buy.... if na #3k recharge card u buy for 4 time u go no say mtn no dey refund money
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by ceejay80s(m): 7:47am On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

*737* Fails me twice in a roll tongue

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....
l was like first you don't succeed. try again

So I tried again and got the same response again ...sp service timed out.

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.
I simply put my phone back in my pocket and sat down. grin

Invasion of the text mssg

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again
and then deduct my money twice?
And the bank cannot do anything about it?

This is just so grade A crappy crap if you ask me.

lalasticala abeg come tell my story make country people learn small lesson.

I don't do internet banking or transfer or whateva, this is the reason why I don't do it... I can't shout, what if the? Person u are sending the money to is a scammer, instead of him choping ur 10k, he recieves 30k awoof money, I always withdraw the money and pay direct into the persons account
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by collinsJn(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2016
I Feel Ur Pain OP. This Is Almost a Daily Occurrence To Me.
I Have Bin Trying To transfer To Some Certain Accts Since Wednesday. Same reply U Get I do Get Too. Sometimes invalid Accts. When It's obvious The Accts 're Correct.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by cleavon(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2016
But after service time out...why don't you wait for alert considering how network might be...sometimes, u load card without confirmation..but when u check ur account balance u ve been credited

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jojothaiv(m): 7:51am On May 07, 2016
GentleYoung:
Once a STAFF
Lolz.... Was once a victim ni o
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by seunpas: 7:52am On May 07, 2016
Oboy my own na "service error" that is a success message. Remember in Naija everything na opposite.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Stalwert: 7:52am On May 07, 2016
Jarus:

Actually, once money enters someone's account, only that person can take it out. No bank can remove money from someone's account without the account holder's instruction.

I also had challenge with GT's 737 service few weeks back, but my account wasn't debited.

GT are dropping guard in their customer service, but I'm very loyal to them.

true talk sha.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by lionlee216(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2016
Access Bank, worst bank ever no thanks to nysc. I requested for atm n I was given an option to choose btw visa card or verve card, I went for visa card and that visa doesn't allow me to do internet transfer. I went to bank to complain only for thrm to tell me that I can only do atm transfer with their mastercard. can you imagine.

First Bank, atm always reliable and their online bank until they did me strong thing recently, I never receive the money. also their silly charges like account maintainance fee etc

my GTB is only effective for internal transfer only.

ECOBANK, my best bank, any time any day. atm never disappoint both for quickteller and atm transfer. I have never had bad experience with them.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by socialmediaman: 7:59am On May 07, 2016
nmreports:
Never failed me.

It's a system, a computer, codes, software that are prone to errors due to bugs or human tweaks.

That service needs overhaul. Even MTN doesnt allow you transfer airtime without confirming with a "Yes". Its very insecure to allow someone transfer money without a second confirmation. I complained about this lack of security when GTB introduced the service because you could make a mistake in the first. Now other banks have joined and who knows if they're following the same model. This is money we're talking about.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by slightlyMad(f): 8:04am On May 07, 2016
i am always making noise about their no-time-for-research programmers like azeez arikuyo and co.
why would CBN allow banks to roll out services like that in the first place.

i already stopped using that 737 service long ago.

the simple solution to that simple bug is for the bank to wait for the customer to send back a final confirmation.
a message like

"your transfer has been completed successfully, please reply with 1 to end this session, 0 to reverse this transaction"

how simple is that? d.umb programmers

that way, if it fails, the d.umb OP wouldnt have been transferring his raining days savings without checking his balance
hmmm d.umb ppl everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by oladimeji09(m): 8:12am On May 07, 2016
anything u make a transfer and the service is timeout like that, just check ur balance, simply die *737*6*1# so that u will not send it again and again.

but for this one just call the person u sent the money to refund u, cos the whole money will enter the account of that person.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 8:14am On May 07, 2016
the code have been doing me real Good
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by menxer: 8:15am On May 07, 2016
GTBank internet banking sure pass.
It has never failed, once your token is confirmed successful, the deal is done.

i have never tried the short codes or ATM transfer.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by patobiora1979: 8:17am On May 07, 2016
I have had similar experience in December during the festive period. one just need to be careful especially in areas where the network is bad. mine was even a huge amount and was lucky the person I sent it to was a close friend who immediately sent it back to me. It's not a perfect code for transferring and people say that's why they prefer using the token... my advise next time after trying it once and it gives that error code Pls just be patient for like 10-20mins to see if it really went or not.... This is what I have been doing if I have to use it.... cheers... pray u get the cash back
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by ifoundmyperfect: 8:19am On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

*737* Fails me twice in a roll tongue

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....
l was like first you don't succeed. try again

So I tried again and got the same response again ...sp service timed out.

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.
I simply put my phone back in my pocket and sat down. grin

Invasion of the text mssg

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again
and then deduct my money twice?
And the bank cannot do anything about it?

This is just so grade A crappy crap if you ask me.

lalasticala abeg come tell my story make country people learn small lesson.

Na so I see am too. Thank God say e no pass 10k. There are times It gets worse.

The latest trend now is that you can't use this service (*737#) with zero Acct balance. You can't evern recharge with zero Acct balance. I learnt this is coming in from telecoms who no long allow for this service to run freely on their platform (Glo and Etisalat). It's been frustrating for me whenever my Acct carelessly hit the zero mark. undecided
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jvera(f): 8:19am On May 07, 2016
Never failed me #teamGTB all the way
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Praktikals(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2016
You can do 99 things for someone and all they'll remember is the one thing you didn't do
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by PoisonedOne: 8:20am On May 07, 2016
DzTzl:
Where your money went to is called a Virtual account, something introduced by NIBSS
Really But it's my money na, it shouldn't go to anywhere without my permission cheesy. But I lost money sometime ago when Liberty Reserve was still functional ; I tried to transfer money to an account and there was a network hitch, the money disappeared without a trace till today. Please check the Virtual Account to know whether mine is there, it's just $105 tongue
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by lozanni(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2016
I prefer using the ATM to make transfers. Its much more reliable.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 8:29am On May 07, 2016
My brother , there is noting they can do seriously! Same thing happened to me some few weeks ago. Mine was even that i sent the money THRICE. Until i perceived in my spirit that this has been debited. I check my account and to my surprise i was right. The money money had been debited 3rice. I just had to let go cause it was a SEED. And i felt that is wat God wanted from me.

Solution: its either you contact the receiver or you let it go. Something HUGGER AND BIGGER could be waiting for u
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by omolola15(m): 8:30am On May 07, 2016
ladycomfort:
. What's quickteller. How is it used?

Just log on to www.quickteller.com sign up and start using it. I recharge my phone, subscribe my dstv. Buy movie tickets. Even buy airline tickets. Transfer to any Nigerian bank. It makes life easier. The only time i step into the bank is when I want to deposit money to my account. You can also download the mobile app. Try it and you'll love it.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 8:32am On May 07, 2016
jojothaiv:
datx a lie bro.. U were once a yahoo guy
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 8:32am On May 07, 2016
jojothaiv:
datx a lie bro.. U were once a yahoo guy
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by tefund(m): 8:34am On May 07, 2016
nmreports:
Never failed me.

you mean they dont know these issues would crop up?what exit strategy have they designed to tackle these issues...cashless policy of rip off!
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by benideey(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2016
OP, that service is no crap! Its the best banking experience around. I don't ever wanna visit the bank or ATM to transfer funds, nor buy recharge cards and stock the paper as waste. With GTB *737# service, you can do those transactions anywhere and anytime! Life is so easier this way.

Once you get service time out notification, don't send another transaction, the previous worked. Just be patient, you had receive your sms debit or credit alert.

Also, for that service to still work despite "service timeout" reply tells me its an efficient and guaranteed transaction!
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by tolustx(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2016
Network has issues sometimes. That may be the cause and the bank cannot just refund u money from another person's account. If the money didn't actually transfer to the other person, then they could ve refunded u. I ve made a transfer on it before that didn't deliver. It was refunded days later. Just as the person said, talk to the person u sent money to and let the person return it. Better luck later

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.