Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service (45001 Views)

GTBANK Introduce Security Pin For *737# Transactions / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by reservd(m): 8:41am On May 07, 2016
So surprised abt dis wit d negativ comments abt gtb transfers, I always use it and it has neva failed me at least as at yestdy afternun, I stl used it. So it failed u doesn't mean its a failed system, its lik catchin a thief and condemin his whole family as thieves, that's wt we do in ds part of d world anyways, we use one person's xter or behaviour to judge his family, clan, tribe, village, state, country mayb race too wu knws
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by tammie24: 8:42am On May 07, 2016
I have never used that service before a will never

Things can easily go wrong

I'll stick to the Internet banking service

It has enough risk that I can handle
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by wollexie1106: 9:10am On May 07, 2016
I always tell people, it is better you use banks like Wema Bank, First Bank and Union bank. Other banks lack integrity which is a core value of a financial institutions.

While the likes of the MD of Fidelity, Access, sterling banks soil their integrity in the pool of corruption.

Keep your money and transactions where it is safe
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 9:21am On May 07, 2016
Well, I love my First Bank though I have been tempted to join the Orange family severally. First Bank never disappoints me even though I don't use all these transfer jargons as a computer scientist who knows they are prone to error. I can walk into dedicated Firat bank branches on Saturdays and Sundays for a Deposit or Withdrawal transaction (asides WU and MG transactions).Thanks First bank for not leaving me stranded 4 Saturdays ago when there was no debit card available or online transfer.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by IBBG(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2016
omolola15:

That's why I use quickteller.com e no dey fail me at all. I don't care about the 100 naira convenience fee. As long as it doesn't fail me.
Oga u r on point. quickteller is still d best. even though na 100 naira per transaction
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by bamseg: 9:30am On May 07, 2016
Use *737#
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 9:32am On May 07, 2016
The Airtime recharge do not fail me yet.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by edelweiss(f): 9:37am On May 07, 2016
jauntty:
I have used it twice in Lagos here and it was OK.

My problem with them is that they charge me #10.00 naira everytime I check my acct balance. That's outrageous!!
Jesu! Really? Me that can check balance every second! Thanks for the info!
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by preshpresh(f): 9:57am On May 07, 2016
The service works fine for me. I have never had any issue before.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by fresherdanU: 10:00am On May 07, 2016
Stalwert:
Hi,

Just Moments Ago....

I was in pickle I had great need to transfer money to a certain someone ..... Well thank God for Gtbank *737* platform which makes transfers convenient requiring only a functioning 1g phone to transfer money so easily.

*737* Fails me twice in a roll tongue

So I picked my phone copied the account number paste it after typing *737*2*10000*#!!@!@!×# and presto... supplied all the information requested and waited for a confirmation the money has been transferred but instead it said "sp service timed out"....
l was like first you don't succeed. try again

So I tried again and got the same response again ...sp service timed out.

Waited for a while

Then I tried it the 3rd time ... this time it confirmed that the transfer was successful.
I simply put my phone back in my pocket and sat down. grin

Invasion of the text mssg

I brought out my phone to browse and saw a torrent of. messages 6 in total. and opened my text box and saw all 6 mssg were from GTbank .... Immediately I knew they have done me real good. undecided cry
I opened the text mssg and saw that 10000 was deducted twice to the same account. One of the service timed out had actually timed in and transfered the money. I was outrage lipsrsealed angry I won't stand for this and even the paralyzed won't sit for it either.

Frantic call embarassed
I dialed 737 the line was so poor I droped and googled GTbank hotline which gave me 070 line which I dialed and followed the prompt. .. a nice and cordial lady picked up the line asked a series of questions which answered thinking I will get my money back only for the lady to say e pele sir please call the person you sent the money to refund your money there is nothing we can do for you ( no she didn't say e pele na sorry) cry undecided lipsrsealed angry angry I was utterly disappointed.

Why would the bank service that timed out send my money and pretend that it hadn't while waiting and lurking around for me to send the money again
and then deduct my money twice?
And the bank cannot do anything about it?

This is just so grade A crappy crap if you ask me.

lalasticala abeg come tell my story make country people learn small lesson.

the mistake you made was that u were not patient. next time wait a bit before doing another transaction. GTB 737 has never failed me. works like magic
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 10:32am On May 07, 2016
socialmediaman:

That service needs overhaul. Even MTN doesnt allow you transfer airtime without confirming with a "Yes". Its very insecure to allow someone transfer money without a second confirmation. I complained about this lack of security when GTB introduced the service because you could make a mistake in the first. Now other banks have joined and who knows if they're following the same model. This is money we're talking about.
Using USSD via MTN doesn't require your confirmation
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by SimpleBea(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2016
It may be due to the large influx of customers their.
atoleybaba:
I know....but first bank is worse of.
Ask any UNILAG student
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by atoleybaba(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2016
SimpleBea:
It may be due to the large influx of customers their.
they don't have customers as much as gtb...they are just naturally slow at everything including their atm
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by SmithHumble50: 11:00am On May 07, 2016
Why not use the app..

I have never had bad experiences..
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by greggng: 11:07am On May 07, 2016
I am old school I ve no business with all this visit the bank and collect deposit paper and instruct whoever at the countter to make it a swift transfer. I don't complain
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jojothaiv(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2016
lordoseji:
datx a lie bro.. U were once a yahoo guy
Chai, do you know me ni?
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Digriz(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2016
I hv the same issue last weekend, I transfer 15k to my bros and got the same information u got. I then wait till midnite to try again bt got d same problem.
I woke up early around 4am to try again and it worked, I checked my balance and noticed that 30k was deducted. I called my bros and he confirm that he received 30k.
Had it bn I transfered d money to someone I didn't knw quite well may be for a biz transaction.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Nobody: 11:37am On May 07, 2016
jojothaiv:
Chai, do you know me ni?
mayb
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by jojothaiv(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2016
lordoseji:
mayb
Maybe you are wrong then...
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by nmreports: 1:55pm On May 07, 2016
Teespice:

was going to say the same thing.

not once I haven't regretted banking with GTB.

Really?
Then GTBANK has brought us together.
How do I contact you?
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by josite: 2:06pm On May 07, 2016
even a high court judge in open court said she doesnt use atm or anything internet bakning in nigeria.even many lawyers to banks dont use their internet product and many lawyers are in court suing for money lost via internet banking.naija banks are only best in moneylaundering and got no attitude ,no infra-culture for internet banking.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by SimpleBea(m): 2:49pm On May 07, 2016
Well. GTB offers you a wide range of service, ranging from zero account opening to host of others.
atoleybaba:
they don't have customers as much as gtb...they are just naturally slow at everything including their atm
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by mamahorus(f): 2:51pm On May 07, 2016
grin
Compliance:
No be smal :ol matter. Who 737 EPP??
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by hadeolaikimat(f): 3:29pm On May 07, 2016
UBA is a little better but they deduct #105 on every money sent to another account. No charges for Balance checking or Recharging. I sent money to someone this morning and they deducted the #105 but to my greatest surprise they also deducted #16 which I don't know what it serves for. But I assure you their network is ok no disappointments apart from this issue of deduction.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Mintek: 10:11pm On May 07, 2016
Pearlvictory:
I've been in that poo before, I learnt my lesson. Whenever I get that service timeout response, I put my phone back in my pocket cuz that's the success message I just got. grin

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Adesiji77: 10:25pm On May 07, 2016
GTB's 737 money transfer service is a big flop! angry

Cc: DzTzl
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by DzTzl(f): 11:38pm On May 07, 2016
Adesiji77:
GTB's 737 money transfer service is a big flop! angry

Cc: DzTzl

y u cm copy me, mke pple cm dy bombard me with questions lk say i dy work for GTB? Anyways hw u dy bn a while?? tbh u knw most financial institutions in the banking industry usually copy GT's style, *737# flop or not! dt bank is still d real MVP! plus we all knw hw ds syntaxes work, dre r so many 3rd party dependance, switch app supports & all!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by DzTzl(f): 11:41pm On May 07, 2016
hadeolaikimat:
UBA is a little better but they deduct #105 on every money sent to another account. No charges for Balance checking or Recharging. I sent money to someone this morning and they deducted the #105 but to my greatest surprise they also deducted #16 which I don't know what it serves for. But I assure you their network is ok no disappointments apart from this issue of deduction.
Madam, interbank transfers charge is #105, irrespective of Banks, thou i dunno wt ds #16's charge attracts
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by Adesiji77: 11:55pm On May 07, 2016
DzTzl:
y u cm copy me, mke pple cm dy bombard me with questions lk say i dy work for GTB? Anyways hw u dy bn a while?? tbh u knw most financial institutions in the banking industry usually copy GT's style, *737# flop or not! dt bank is still d real MVP! plus we all knw hw ds syntaxes work, dre r so many 3rd party dependance, switch app supports & all!!

cheesy

I am fine, thanks. Trust you are fine too. Don't mind me on the copy part, saw your earlier comment and just wanted to draw you out tongue

GTB is just living on past glory jare, IT-wise.
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by U1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
So far so good. Never experienced something like this. The beef I just get be their commissions. I get charged like N110 to other banks and N21 to GTB (but they always claim it's N20).
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by remedick: 12:36am On Oct 20, 2016
cool
Re: My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service by iwatch: 12:39am On Oct 20, 2016
jvera:
Never failed me #teamGTB all the way
you have a mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.