Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (36045 Views)

Nigerian Power Bikers Visit Obasanjo In His Mansion In Ogun State. Photos / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 06, 2016
Mehn.... Dark days ahead. This explains the sudden breach in the continous light we have been enjoyin.

At the poster below me, have you seen your hypocrisy? Was this not the same thing Jonathan was fighting against in his regime? Anyway, thank God say you have regained your "sanity" somehow. At least the pepper Rochas is showing you people is peppering you guys seriously! I heard many Imolites are broke

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Beremx(f): 5:25pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Buhari should just do his job and provide electric power and fuel otherwise he would be deemed a failure.Very soon the masses would soon revolt against him.Time is running out
and how is he going to provide electricity when militants keep blowing up gas pipelines? na magic?

shebi you live in Lagos? keep supporting the savaged militants while they blow up pipelines.

Gerrout joor!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by appini: 5:25pm On May 06, 2016
Okay
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by seunlayi(m): 5:26pm On May 06, 2016
we are truly in a mess

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.
Kikikiikikikki E pain am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Flets: 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
The only hope for a united Nigeria is True Federalism, No nation disunited in purpose will ever make progress.

A nation in darkness
Fuel queues has become a norm
Economy is in shambles
Inflation is at its highest
Job losses at unprecedented level
Prices of food items over the roof and beyond the reach of the common man
Bokoharam continues to play hide and seek with NA
Fulani Herdsmen wrecking havoc across middle-belt and SE
Crude pipelines getting blown up at will
Flashes of violence across the country

A grossly incompetent government blaming every other person except themselves for their ineptitude.
Was Buhari not in this country when force was tried on the ND militancy? How can he forget so quickly what led to the amnesty program in the first place? Does he really think that he can continue oil production even if he wipes the entire ND? How does he even take a war down there without a concrete plan not to disrupt crude and gas production?

For the sake of Nigeria, Buhari needs to give way to a competent hand. True Federalism is the only hope.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by malton: 5:27pm On May 06, 2016
shocked
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:28pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

Get a band and start a party... congrats....

Aso villa has 24hrs light, The Governors, ministers and Lawmakers would use government resources to get power...

I believe Almost all of SW and Most of the North apart from not experiencing degradation have more PMS available to power alternate sources of energy....

No, nothing meaningful was said by the saboteurs, foolish is what this is... cutting off the nose to spite the face...

Proudlyngwa ,

The more we look, the less we see!!

I believe it has turned to an issue of pride, than anything else. The heat will be felt by all and sundry, but more on the poor masses, the babies in incubators, the elderlies on life support. The pure water sellers and the cold room operators.
Who bears the immediate effect, the fishing community around that area.
Niger Deltans una doo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Wadasco(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2016
most times I wonder how people behave as if they in a kingdom of Animals.
while dealing with Boko Haram still thing of the past is gradually regaining it position as threat to national security..
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by MARKone(m): 5:29pm On May 06, 2016
If I am given one bullet to shoot Boko Haram or this Niger Delata Avengers, I will shoot the later. How can a group of miscreants throw a whole country in darkness, for the past three days no light, and I am oppurtuned to be linked to an industrial line, how will it fair for others. This is sad, Nigerians have suffered enough, what is this?!. What are they actually doing with their 13% derivation fund, is it they fault of Nigerians and the FG if their state Governors does not make judicious use of their allocation, Bayelsa state is amongst the highest revenue earners, yet it is broke and nothing on ground to justify huge allocation, what is really wrong with this country. My candid advice to the FG, DO NOT NEGOTIATE with anybody, let us sit it out, I mean i'm getting used to the no fuel and no light situation. The avengers should target their principal care takers, and leave thing that helps ordinary Nigerians alone!!! A$$ holes.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by LadyExcellency: 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
What effect has you comment on recent developments in Nigeria?

Always say something meaningful
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by modath(f): 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
this one will always support militancy and violence. Go queue and buy fuel for your generator that is if you have one. I am sure you will also be affected by the blackout.

nonsense!

Leave them nah, na dem go still cry "hardship".. people wey dey reason sideways...
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.
Let them blow all of them,it will not affect kanji,shiroro,jeba dam,already electricity on that area is comatose due to the activities of criminals.
I advice ipob to follow them bomb bridge head and aba,only then I will know that they are serious.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:32pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
and how is he going to provide electricity when militants keep blowing up gas pipelines? na magic?

shebi you live in Lagos? keep supporting the savaged militants while they blow up pipelines.

Gerrout joor!

Did you not know this would happen?

Even a sincere blind man knew.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by TheArchangel(f): 5:32pm On May 06, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Let them blow all of them,it will not affect kanji,shiroro,jeba dam,already electricity on that area is comatose due to the activities of criminals.
I advice ipob to follow them bomb bridge head and aba,only then I will know that they are serious.
you can't help dragging IPOB in.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Beremx(f): 5:33pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

Leave them nah, na dem go still cry "hardship".. people wey dey reason sideways...
very annoying set of ediots! they reason as if Buhari has heat rashes the way it has almost disfigured my skin and that of other Nigerians who are suffering the heat.

foolish people
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by duni04(m): 5:33pm On May 06, 2016
What we need to do is simple. The Federal Government needs to declare certain pipelines as Strategic National Assets. Any attack on our strategic national assets will then attract the declaration of a state of emergency in any such area and the use of the military in forestalling a repeat and bringing the perpetrators to justice.
The way it is now, the Niger delta militants have revealed to the world that if certain pipelines are destroyed, the whole nation will be in darkness. This alone is a national security flaw that our enemies are taking note of

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by omogin(f): 5:33pm On May 06, 2016
This is supposed to be a threat or what. Was there light before? Fuel is still #140. We are govt to ourselves. Bubu can go to Germany from France

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by nelronaldo(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:

Yet we all seeing nou wat Gej and his co thief's did with d fund. its obvious
Ogbeni lock up and go check your cattles. You have no business here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by DoctorTim: 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:

You no get sense. This your rants is bad and I don't believe good notherners wouldn't share your perspective.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Beremx(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

Did you nono now this would happen?
Even a sincere blind man knew.
gerrout of my mentions!!
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by repogirl(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
TheFreeOne:
undecided

Wisdom and Diplomacy are more effective than force.
Thank you, a sensible leader knows when to use the carrot or the stick approach but the dullard has no sense.

Too bad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Pidggin(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2016
Clears throat
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Chstel(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2016
yarimo:
Mtchew how I wish north Korean president to test his nuclear bombs to this side of people in nigeria, nonsense

imagine what you wish for human like you. We should preach peace bro. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Erickthewreck: 5:36pm On May 06, 2016
Serious ish..
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 06, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
FLASH: Bombing of Chevron facility-All Nigerian power plants using gas to shut down in 1hr i.e Omotosho, Geregu, Olorunsogo, Egbin, Ughelli

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/728594876129017857

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 06, 2016
TheArchangel:
you can't help dragging IPOB in.
Yes,that is because they love celebrating anything hurt or slow the progress of the same country that is feeding them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Chimighty007(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2016
...hmmmmmmm, so I don join them angry
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by forgiveness: 5:39pm On May 06, 2016
NwaEzefuNaMba:
FLASH: Bombing of Chevron facility-All Nigerian power plants using gas to shut down in 1hr i.e Omotosho, Geregu, Olorunsogo, Egbin, Ughelli

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/728594876129017857

Where is Geregu and Ughelli?

See wetin Ijaw dey cause 4 Niger Delta? No worries una cup go soon full wella.

Na only dem get oil for Nigeria, Itshekiri wey get oil pass for Delta no dey para, na Ijaw wey steal to get come dey form.

Make dem waka commot go Bayelsa go dey...... angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by betterABIAstate: 5:39pm On May 06, 2016
These guys are wasting the explosives, naija no dey get light before

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by modath(f): 5:40pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

when you were shouting boko haram attacks!! chibok girls!! was it affecting Jonathan? oya continue

Did it affect ordinary citizen's quality of life or their pockets? I don't know why I'm even engaging you, it's obvious the extent of logic you can apply to situations..

Bye! !

P.S... Please advise them to blow everything all at once , even NNPC corporate, Shebi with derivation, Bayelsa is still owing 5mths Salary.....

Na wah for people that Hosea 4:16 is all about but won't ever know it.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 06, 2016
oduastates:
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where people like him get their optimism from? I will like to know.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek.
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbirra thermal station to gas.
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.
yet the same "dysfunctional ijaw" Oil is feeding ur ungrateful silly mouth!

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Wins Ajeromi-ifelodun Federal Constituency Seat / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? / Pictures Of President Bola Tinubu And Governor Sanwo-Olu In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.