Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (36052 Views)

Nigerian Power Bikers Visit Obasanjo In His Mansion In Ogun State. Photos / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by hassan85(m): 8:29pm On May 06, 2016
Rapmoney:
You can't even spell correctly! angry

Mr spell well, I actually abbreviated and I wasn't hallucinating when I did that. I too know is your problem. Every other person read and understood my write up, so what are you claiming? Just don't get me mad ds evening.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by bot101(m): 8:29pm On May 06, 2016
These people seem to be very well organized. They have a website, FB page and Twitter handle. They also claim to have an airforce!!!
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Vongsama(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2016
abimic:

Pointless!
Baseless!!
Unfounded!!!
Boko haram never affected any national revenue generating services, infact, knowing our mainstay is oil, it's wrong putting this vis a vis themselves. Militancy in the ND affects even an unborn child cutting across geo political zones not only buhari here my brother.

Did u read what d person I quoted wrote in d hash tag? #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.
He implied ND r only cheating demselves that's y I brought BH into d equation. No one is tryin to justify wat dey did bt dat comment led to mine.

So before u open that rat infested mouth of urs to spew trash sayin ma comment is baseless or pointless, endeavour to have ur brain checked first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by henryhemon(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2016
donodion:
FYI

This Buhari...he is not Yar adua nor is GEJ.For every wrong move, there would be appropriate response in action with time.

When baba starts hitting and charring them...i dare not hear 'rule of Law' from "the irrelavants and wailers o o".

Abi o.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by henryhemon(m): 8:50pm On May 06, 2016
We will be here watching and listening for those applauding these boys who are clearly fighting for their pockets....when the destruction comes don't shout rule of law or we re back in military rule. It will happen from next week......they first set of people said they fought for us .....How have they improved out lands? Tompolo,asari and others can never be poor again but some folks are here applauding these ones.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by abimic(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2016
Vongsama:

Did u read what d person I quoted wrote in d hash tag? #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.
He implied ND r only cheating demselves that's y I brought BH into d equation. No one is tryin to justify wat dey did bt dat comment led to mine.

So before u open that rat infested mouth of urs to spew trash sayin ma comment is baseless or pointless, endeavour to have ur brain checked first.
Pointless still!
The melee called terrorism in the north had never affected me directly even though it affected some others directly, but the militancy is affecting me already as I don't even have light now, who knows it could have being occasioned by this menace. So, militancy is a national issue and terrorism is international but at that it's wrong to put them via a vis as one was doing the entire Nigerians more harm and the hashtag does not follow Here for militancy. Hopefully u get my point!
Ciao!
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by madenigga(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2016
iyb:
That is why Nigeria should use only hydroelectric power, wind power, biogas and solar and the power stations should be located in the north and the southwest where sane people live and let the niger deltans blow themselves up for all we care, bunch of fucktards
Does any sane person stay in the north?
The fulani herdsmen,
Boko haram,
Almajiri killers,
Religious extremists killing over cartoons I guess they are from the south?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by TomLepskie(m): 9:23pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Buhari should just do his job and provide electric power and fuel otherwise he would be deemed a failure.Very soon the masses would soon revolt against him.Time is running out

Is this one OK?it's quite unfortunate that pmb ll have to help people like you by force. As for the militants, time ll tell.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by kumakunta: 9:28pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Buhari is the one entrusted with the protection of pipelines and power supply,if the pipelines are bombed or power supply disrupted,he is the one to be blamed
But hope you won't still come here to blame Buhari when he orders for the clear out of those miscreants, coz we know what people like you stand for.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Ndolarr: 9:33pm On May 06, 2016
....And the Elders in South South are maintaining a deafening silence! A case of cutting your nose to spite your face!! The resultant suffering and punishment will not exclude the collaborating Elders and leaders of thought in the Niger Delta region. Time to condemn the senseless action is now!!!
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by iyb(m): 9:36pm On May 06, 2016
madenigga:

Does any sane person stay in the north?
The fulani herdsmen,
Boko haram,
Almajiri killers,
Religious extremists killing over cartoons I guess they are from the south?
Niger delta militants
Yahoo Yahoo Boys
Drug Dealers
Baby Factories
Kidnappers
Pirates
Ritualists
Ogogoro Drinkers
Alcoholics
Christian Fanatics
Worst Politicians
Criminal Supporters
are there from the north ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by madenigga(m): 9:42pm On May 06, 2016
iyb:

Niger delta militants
Yahoo Yahoo Boys
Drug Dealers
Baby Factories
Kidnappers
Pirates
Ritualists
Ogogoro Drinkers
Alcoholics
Christian Fanatics
Worst Politicians
Criminal Supporters
are there from the north ?
So shutup mk all of us go down together.
Since una no want get sense.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Rapmoney(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:

Mr spell well, I actually abbreviated and I wasn't hallucinating when I did that. I too know is your problem. Every other person read and understood my write up, so what are you claiming? Just don't get me mad ds evening.
If you feel like going mad, that's your damn business! Do you feed me? Or will that madness of yours put food on my table? Better face front o!!!
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by justice2016: 10:02pm On May 06, 2016
5 % has spoken n Nigeria is shaking. Use of force ll not work . We want 100$ resource control thats all
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by justice2016: 10:03pm On May 06, 2016
5 % has spoken n Nigeria is shaking. Use of force ll not work . We want 100$ resource control thats all . The world is watching. No more killing of innocent civilians by Nigeria govt
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Achorise: 10:12pm On May 06, 2016
Vongsama:

Just as d north did demselves with BH thinking GEJ is d target right?
you made my day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by investnow2013: 10:52pm On May 06, 2016
oduastates:
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where do they get their optimism from? I will like to know.My guess is the blindness along the corridors of power.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek .
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbirra thermal station to gas.
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.
Must you insult them just because they are beginning to understand that Nigeria structure is based on injustice!.Why not for once say the truth about this Country we call ours!...... Must all of us continue in lie?. Injustice do not make a Country great, but it reduces it to nothing!.The Oil Companies operating in Niger Delta must also pay their taxes to their host State & not anywhere else!.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by mbz101(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2016
I just wonder how the some youth of this country contribute to the down fall of the nation . Some pple has being killing this country with greed . Someone plan to repair the demage .. Becos of ethnicity and religion some youth stand to supports the country destroyers .. What a pity .. Unity I hope will stand . Corruption and poverty as demage our thinking faculty .
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 06, 2016
Pontaboki:
The people blowing up t Pipelines are not Nigerians
They are spirits same way those bombing were right?
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Buhari is the one entrusted with the protection of pipelines and power supply,if the pipelines are bombed or power supply disrupted,he is the one to be blamed

That is a stupid lie, on this same platform the Northern leaders have been accused of not doing enough to stem the growth of BH, we have discussed the in actions of the Arewa consultative forum, the Northern Govs Forum.

The so called leaders of the Ijaw nation and the SS are a complete failure and it's youth have shown themselves to be nothing but government dependent cry babies.

I'm glad the NA is planning to increase it's size so we can deploy a full force against these indiscipline, violent people who have set the nation back so many years time and again; over the last 7 years with the amnesty, ND ministry, Gov grants, favorable monthly allocations to SG, these criminals still want more, even Oliver Twist would be confused at such greed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2016
tuniski:
Sad Nigeria has deteriorated to this level of lawlessness,cos of a lack of nationalism primarily promoted by born to rule mentality!

Buhari where are u cos this is damn serious ooooooo.

It's not any foolish born to rule, it is the mentality of the sore losers that is at play here. For how long can we continue to be at the mercy of militants who are essentially racketeering the nation into submission.

WE were giving these hoodlums FG contracts, money, sending them in their hundreds to universities and technical institutes abroad, we bent backwards and they still insist we bend some more. Please let the NA raze the place like OBJ did during his time and they'll know "khaki no be letter"
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 11:39pm On May 06, 2016
Bassee:

So the North and South West will be in light while the rest will swim in darkness? Do you even believe your own lies? Pipeline attacks affect everyone and the moment you guys advise Buhari to do the needful and protect our pipelines, the better for us all! Buhari hasn't invested a dime in any other sector of our economy since he came in and Nigerians are crying, If oil is taken away, apart from Buhari whose food budget covers him, the rest of us are in for it.

Buhari is doing the needful and the relatively inadequate Nigerian forces are already stretched to the limit, fighting BH in the N.E and protecting the entire land mass of Nigeria, it is 1 soldier/4KM in NE, FG removed the facility protection contracts from private companies because of the fraudulent and patriarchal nature of the contracts and this obviously has vexed the likes of Tompolo, OPC , Dokubo and all militants in sight.

Anybody who wakes up and for what so ever reason decided to blow up facilities that we are still trying to finance to improve, where these multinationals are already withdrawing investments and are weary of coming to Nigeria, such a person has no bone of National pride in his body, has no soul and no aspirations.

Such a person is a bastard
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

just allow her to continue to yarn opata.I live in lagos and know what exactly these pipeline attacks have done to the city.Niger-delta remains the power house of the country.Going after Tompolo was the most stupid decision Buhari has ever taken

What a silly statement, has the country become so lawless that a man accused of fraud and brought before a court, can refuse to attend such hearing, go into hiding and communicate through his lawyer his intention not to honour the will of the judiciary, thereby a grand insult to the constitution of the Fed Rep of Nigeria, the constitution being the pride of the people, and an agreeable condition of coexistence for all Nigerian citizens, and you being sill, petty make a ridiculous statement

Going after Tompolo was the most stupid decision Buhari has ever taken

may I ask you when Tompolo became above the law !
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by otr1(m): 12:05am On May 07, 2016
...this clearly doesn't affect me.

The FG will not dialogue with saboteurs.
I've come to realise that the ND will still be as backward - if not worse- given full resource control.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 12:11am On May 07, 2016
repogirl:
Thank you, a sensible leader knows when to use the carrot or the stick approach but the dullard has no sense.

Too bad

Carrot and stick approach does not work with terrorists, the only approach is a big stick, hit them till they turn to mush
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Scatterboss(m): 12:30am On May 07, 2016
What a country of unpatriotic miscreant parading themselves as citizens. You killing yourself thinking you sabotaging the government, even a local government councillor will not feel anything but only the masses will suffer. Some never do wells are even happy they are gonna suffer more just because they hate there President. Nigeria is truly doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Scatterboss(m): 12:37am On May 07, 2016
modath:

Did it affect ordinary citizen's quality of life or their pockets? I don't know why I'm even engaging you, it's obvious the extent of logic you can apply to situations..

Bye! !

P.S... Please advise them to blow everything all at once , even NNPC corporate, Shebi with derivation, Bayelsa is still owing 5mths Salary.....

Na wah for people that Hosea 4:16 is all about but won't ever know it.. cool

I will advise you to stop engaging some of these people, you will feel sorry for yourself if you know those behind some of those monikers, most are little kids awaiting NECO results.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sweetgala(m): 12:40am On May 07, 2016
Acidosis:

Some people don't understand the rudiments of politics, conflicts and peacekeeping.

You don't frustrate people out of power using such tools as tribal & regional limitations and then expect to live peacefully when they're out.

I'm not in anyway supporting violence. As a matter of fact, I'd spend more on fuel when power goes off. It is sad, but it is expected.

What you so simply termed as
frustrate out of power
is what George Washington described as democracy, I would expect an individual like yourself to be able to comprehend this fact.

There is nothing such as tools of tribal & regional limitations, put simply one party sold a dream, another sold a promise and the people choose as they willed best; the majority took the spoils of war, how is that difficult to comprehend !

Using your same principle, if BH are indeed political in nature they are thereby blameless as their design was to correct a regional imbalance caused by a democratic process.

abeg go back to bed, and reason am again when you wake up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by seunlayi(m): 6:22am On May 07, 2016
The blackout since yesterday is affecting me, hop the right thing is done soonest

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by ancientbanana: 6:23am On May 07, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.

Modified, I no wailers will kill demselves on my comments. well keep d mentions coming. For nou sha enjoying my space for my SECOND FIRST TO COMMENT 2016. I owe nobody any apology.
thank n pipelines dem dey blow up not humans like some islamic terrorists love killing their self n their brothers just because they wanted to oust a gej. God forbid such evil beings n forgetting the bomb also destroys the ecosystem n their economy. The north now wants to benefit from the south wealth by force. A certain religion is a curse to all nations been spotted in.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by ancientbanana: 6:26am On May 07, 2016
hassan85:

Yet we all seeing nou wat Gej and his co thief's did with d fund. its obvious
na him tell una to start to kill una self. Y waste money on ppl Dat want to kill dem sef by any means because they want power. Mtcheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Subsidiary NPDC Benin Head Office Construction (photos) / AIG Mbu’s Utterances Throw Reps Members Into Rowdy Session / 7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.