Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 (67725 Views)

My Experience Using Tecno WX3 Pro / Will You Consider Using Tecno T484 With 4000mah Battery Which Last For 80days? / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Cdave: 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
braimeddy:
The word TECNO has spoilt everything. Try and use this phone for up to 6 months before giving us testimonies.

Hmmmm!!! So you have issue with the brand name!? Love your view! Pls try something new and affordable! TECNO. Its your choice sha
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by saxby(f): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2016
Tallesty1:
Ah swear.

What are u swearing for, why not wait and see what she has in stalk
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by kennybenjminz: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2016
i dont y ooo...the phone is simply good
monsieurpaul:
cant we all just like a phone without comparisons
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by shaneefe(f): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2016
kennybenjminz:
i dont y ooo...the phone is simply good
Nice pictures
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by shaneefe(f): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2016
doskie:
I blame my friend rasheed. He bought j8 and started insulting Samsung calling it unnecessarily expensive. Saying operating system, camera. Battery blah blah blah and I bought the idea. A whole Samuel Jin yung sung. Na him demand want take techno. Compare. Hmmm
It is tecno not techno
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by doskie(m): 10:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
Shane fee:
It is tecno not techno
shut up.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Piusman: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Why all the hate in this thread?
Leave MizMyColi to flaunt her W4 biko......she's obviously loves her phone!
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by TUNDEVO(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
to be sincere d phone is super cool, I newly bought mine bought #26k
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by mosjames: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
TUNDEVO:
I bet you'll enjoy it and recommend it to another person
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Hugo7(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2016
team techno w4....
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by TundeSalamu(m): 7:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Hugo7:
team techno w4....

It is Tecno cheesy
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
TUNDEVO:
i thought it was 23k.................now wat am i going to do?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Phyde: 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Bought the gold colour for my girl N27,500 on July1st....It nice for ladies who don't have much task on mobile devices. I was expecting the ram to be 2gb with with not less than 3600mah battery capacity. Its still OK anyway....

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by goodboy744(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Tecno w4 has a whatapp thread drop your number if interested
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Otunba2004(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
@OP,more than three you've done this w4 review but you did nt come back on this to do ur final review about the phone,i love your initial review i'm still wait for your final review Mizmycoli i blv u.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Otunba2004(m): 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
@OP,more than three Month you've done this w4 review but you did nt come back on this thread to do ur final review about the phone,i love your initial review i'm still waiting for your final review Mizmycoli i blv u.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Otunba2004(m): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
This thread is too boring y nw,i need many testimonies about this phone because i need to get one
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
Otunba2004:
@OP,more than three Month you've done this w4 review but you did nt come back on this thread to do ur final review about the phone,i love your initial review i'm still waiting for your final review Mizmycoli i blv u.

My dear, they stole the phone.
Infact it was two of my phones that was taken at the same time.

But I really flexed the phone while I had the chance to. It was awesome in its own way.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Otunba2004(m): 11:46am On Aug 18, 2016
MizMyColi:

My dear, they stole the phone.
Infact it was two of my phones that was taken at the same time.

But I really flexed the phone while I had the chance to. It was awesome in its own way.
oh sorry 4 dat,i will get the phone because i blv u.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Otunba2004:
oh sorry 4 dat,i will get the phone because i blv u.

You won't regret.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Olotobi(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2016
well, I use tecno w4 too and the phone is fantastic except for the ram that freezes at times on heavy usage battery is OK and runs 9hours with fair to heavy use depending on what you call heavy
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Olotobi(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2016
least I forgot, pls add me up on the group Thanks, +2347034730987
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by DeoyeMercy: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
new Techno W4 for sale...... Just a week old..... it was a gift.... am in Ilorin.... call or chat up.... 08130099929. it is cheap.....

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Zalam5: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
If you've ever been in a position where you desire something but constrained by cost due to other important priorities, then you can relate with the story I'm about to tell.

Please don't get it twisted, this is not my first time around Tecno phones. I've used two briefly Phantom Aplus and the Boom J8.
I wasn't too cool with the phantom APlus angry
But Having had a feel of J8 and seeing it compete comfortably with my LG G3 vigor which is way more expensive, I decided to buy it. I never hid my love for the phone here on Nairaland.

Somewhere along the line, through searching the internet, I caught wind of W4; TECNO's first Android 6.0 AKA Marshmallow Phone grin
I made up my mind to buy it for two main reasons.

1. It is Android 6.0
2. It was cheaper at 29k though I just realized that the phone actually sells for 23K undecided

Little did I know that I would be getting so much value for much lesser. I found out about other features which has made me a stickler to this particular gadget. I'm going to be talking about it in my own layman language. I am not a Tech Guru per se.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3685098_hdips4_jpeg473c11f76df06c93fa0b602cbaa594ad
Kindly note that I did not snap this picture with Tecno W4. I did this with my LG G3 because I was yet to unbox the phone at the time.
You can juxtapose this with the picture quality of the phone charger and earpiece I snapped using W4 below and reach your conclusion.

Two downsides I noticed though is that the charger has two connecting rods, I prefer three; secondly, the earpiece is very good for those who like to have a total music experience, but me, I prefer to be aware of my environment sometimes when listening to music. (Pictures attached)

THE DISPLAY & SCREENSHOT FUNCTION
I was told that the phone is a 5.0 inches HD IPS Touch Screen, initially I thought it was Fabuu, but using it now, I can say that it lived up to my expectation. Moreso, I noticed that the 5.0 inches screen size of the W4 is bigger than that of my LG G3 Vigor.
Secondly, for me, gone are the days of having to hold the volume and power key just to take a screenshot which most times ends up getting spoiled because that volume icon tends to mess it up.
All for 29,000 23,000 naira. cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3684971_hdips_jpeg026b413499bf05b006ef7ab639642f7b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3684970_hdips2_jpegc513ef19a5eabd4102a3f6423f38886e

Pictures 1 & 2 above depict the brilliant screen display and how I get to take screenshots on my phone respectively.

CAMERA FUNCTIONALITY

The phone came with an 8MP camera. When I saw it, I was like pfffttt.
BUt to my surprise, the picture quality is amazing really. My LG G3 is 8MP as well but the picture quality is nothing compared to this one.
I snapped the phone charger and earpiece to show you guys what it looks like.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3685069_hdips3_jpegdea3edf4374376eea6ebda270f04028f

I could go on and on about other intricate features of the phone, but let me rest here first please. *Drinks Water* tongue
wink

You can ask me questions or better still,

:- https://www.naij.com/822141-tecno-w4-android-marshmallow.html
Is OK. Is the one am using right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Zalam5: 10:18am On Sep 24, 2016
Zalam5:

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by Krystale: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Could games, i mean games with all thier datas(apk, obb) be stored on memory card in this phone and other tecno phones in general?
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
Zalam5:

Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MizMyColi(f): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Krystale:
Could games, i mean games with all thier datas(apk, obb) be stored on memory card in this phone and other tecno phones in general?

Yes. If you make your SD card your default storage memory.
Though there are some apps that you can't move if they are already in phone memory.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by shollyboy: 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hello house, I've just gotten a techno w3. The daily data usage was initially set at 5.3mb per day. Now, I want to change it. How do I effect a change to 1g daily
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by MosquitoLaps(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mizmycoli, are you sure it is the same W4 I'm using you mentioned above? Because it appears I'm beginning to regret buying it.
The major problem I've encountered so far since I bought it early August is its speed.

The phone takes too long to load, and to use the minimize icon is a huge task because the time between tapping the afore-opened app and it's response takes like an eternity.

Mind you, before you say it is because of too many applications on the phone, you're wrong. I noticed this deficiency a day or two after I bought it and I don't have much apps on the phone either.

To put it simply, the phone dey hang. E jus dey hang anyhow, I mean for most of the day.

And I also noticed that the battery can't last for 24 hours, and it gets worse when you charge it with any power source except NEPA. which means, using a power bank is useless, as it runs down like Usain Bolt.

Please, I could use some help here.
Cc Robinhez and other Tecno tech gurus in here.
Re: My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 by RobinHez(m): 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
Mizmycoli, are you sure it is the same W4 I'm using you mentioned above? Because it appears I'm beginning to regret buying it.
The major problem I've encountered so far since I bought it early August is its speed.

The phone takes too long to load, and to use the minimize icon is a huge task because the time between tapping the afore-opened app and it's response takes like an eternity.

Mind you, before you say it is because of too many applications on the phone, you're wrong. I noticed this deficiency a day or two after I bought it and I don't have much apps on the phone either.

To put it simply, the phone dey hang. E jus dey hang anyhow, I mean for most of the day.

And I also noticed that the battery can't last for 24 hours, and it gets worse when you charge it with any power source except NEPA. which means, using a power bank is useless, as it runs down like Usain Bolt.

Please, I could use some help here.
Cc Robinhez and other Tecno tech gurus in here.

I've never been a fan of Tecno phones, one reason being the bloatwares they ship along with their phones.

If I were the owner of that phone, I'll root it, do a hard reset and remove every single app I don't intend using that was added by Tecno.

Another thing is, most of these battery savers and task killers do more harm than good on phones, if u don't wanna do the above step, just try and check with your battery saver or task manager to see if there's anything they're doing that's not right . e.g. Force closing apps when screen is off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 6300 : / Ngage 2.0 And All Games Cracked. Instructions And Download Link. / A 1963 Newspaper Predicted What The Phone Of The Future Would Look Like (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.