Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash (33274 Views)

Teebillz Files For Divorce From Tiwa Savage / Tiwa Savage, Teebillz And Their Son In Church (Photos) / Photos From Tiwa Savage's Lookalike's Prewedding Shoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by NEHLIVE: 10:43pm On May 06, 2016
It's been the number one trending entertainment topic for the past one week.

After Tiwa savage’s manager and husband, Tunji Balogun A. K. A Teebillz, went on social media last week to call out his wife accusing her to have slept with Tuface, Dr. Sid and Don Jazzy, amongst other serious allegations, after which he made an attempt to commit suicide by trying to jump inside a Lagos Lagoon; Tiwa in about 48 hours also granted an interview on camera narrating her own side of the story.

In the highly emotional interview, which some people believe was staged by her PR team to attract public sympathy for her, the singer accused her husband and father of her son of cheating whenever she was not in the country, taking cocaine, stealing from her as a manager, involved in a 45million Naira fraud case being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), amongst other allegations.
Most people are of the opinion that Tiwa Savage shouldn’t have gone to the extent of revealing all the incriminating allegations about Teebillz even if those allegations were true, as doing that shows that she was bent on destroying him, when it’s obvious the man needed help; this was a man who wanted to commit suicide!

Many also faulted the parts of the interview where Tiwa Savage kept mentioning that she was the breadwinner. The truth is that men have been breadwinners from creation without anyone complaining, should it now be a big deal to some women whenever they find themselves in a position to provide for the family, due to circumstances which make their men unable to be breadwinners?

Amid her failed attempt at winning public sympathy with the interview, Tiwa was also heavily blasted by many, especially some women folk who told her to keep her mouth shut for saying she could not be the breadwinner and still have time to cook for her man; according to them there are many women in this country, who due to circumstances find themselves becoming the breadwinner and still cook for their family. Yet, their marriages are still very intact.

All in all, there are a couple of lessons to take home from the saga and one of them is the fact that Teebillz has himself to be blame for his woes because he allowed his drive for Tiwa’s success to derail him from his own personal visions (if he had any to start with)

Lesson 1: A man without a dream is dead
Tiwa confessed in the interview that Teebillz work so hard and sacrificed to see her succeed when she was trying to find her feet in the industry.
However, after she was successful, Teebillz was not able to forge ahead with his own personal dreams, instead he kept hanging on to Tiwa’s, and some women when they start doing better than the man, honestly, starts to feel that their husband does not deserve them. This was obviously one of the problems with Tiwa and Teebillz’s marriage.

Obviously, Tiwa expected him to do something with himself instead of just being her manager, when she said in the interview; “I had to pay for everything so that he can go out and hustle, and get the contracts. He didn’t have money for diapers, but he had money to have a bi-weekly haircut, had money to pay for his laundry.”
Teebillz should have taken a cue from P-Square’s elder brother and manager, Jude Okoye, who had his own record label while still managing the twins. His record label, Northside Inc, gave birth to the sensational Dancehall star, Cynthian Morgan. Jude is also into music directing and he is highly sought-after. It was this side incomes that enable Jude to have his own larger-than-life personality instead of being overshadowed by the stardom of his brothers. It was also this knowledge that gave Jude the confidence to call his brothers’ bluff during their recent drama.
Thefirst lesson is, it’s totally fine to support your woman’s dream, but never lose focus of your own dream. But unfortunately, Teebillz failed to hustle (as Tiwa put it) for his own dream.

Lesson 2: What goes around, comes around

It’s been said that Karma is a bitch! That statement can’t be any truer. The announcement of Tiwa and Teebillz’s relationship about three years ago, stirred a lot of dust owing to the fact that Teebillz was married with two children to a woman in the London. Therefore, Tiwa is believed to have snatched Teebillz from his wife and children. Teebillz himself denied his wife in the London just to be with Tiwa, a celebrity. Today, that woman has got the last laugh. Tiwa and Teebillz have now been served a hefty dose of the bitter medicine they concocted for the poor woman in the London.

Lesson 3: Before you kill yourself over any man or woman, think again

I won’t say that you should not kill yourself at all. In Charly Boy’s voice, ‘na u know wetin make you think say the solution to your wahala na to kpeme’. Teebillz wanted to kill himself because of Tiwa Savage, when their issues could have been easily resolved through dialogue. If not for the miraculous intervention of a stranger named Ani Chukwuma and Banky W and Peter Okoye who showed up in the nick of time, we would have been saying Rest in Peace to Teebillz by now. And Tiwa Savage would have still continued to shake her tiny “bumbum” in music videos and on stage even before Teebillz is buried.
Or is it not the same Tiwa whom despite the ongoing serious marriage issues, was pictured shooting a new music video with her dancers barely 5 days of the drama which almost had her husband committing suicide.

Just hours ago, Tiwa was also pictured on set of a new episode of Funke Akindele’s TV series, Jenifa’s Diary, all smiles. Although, you shouldn’t be surprised about the Funke Akindele’s part, because you know what they say about birds of a feather.
Not that one expects Tiwa to go and hang herself, but here is woman who just lost her marriage, (not a piece of jewelry) and her husband had just been rescued from committing suicide over an issue he claimed has to do with her.
What does all that implies to Tiwa? This is logically not the time to move on, but a time for sober reflection. You can move on discreetly.

Lesson 4: Never marry out of pity

Marry someone because you truly want them, not based on pity or compensation. You are meant to be with this person forever, and you shoud ask yourself if the reason for which you are marrying them can sustain your interest in them forever, even in the most violent storms of life. From the interview Tiwa Savage granted, what she said about Teebillz working hard and sacrificing for her career shows that she might have chosen to marry him because of that, or probably Tiwa Savage just wanted someone to help her produce a baby, and Teebillz appeared to be the perfect man for that purpose. If you check the part she mentioned that she told a friend the marriage was over after Teebillz Internet rant, you would realise that the marriage meant nothing to her in the first place.

Lesson 5: A rotten ingredient cannot make a good meal

Marriage is not for irresponsible people. If everything Tiwa savage said about Teebillz is anything to believe, then aside from Tiwa’s many short-comings, Teebillz’s irresponsible lifestyle is highgrade.

Just read some of her accusations; “I walked in on TJ taking cocaine in my house in 1004 (Victoria Island, Lagos). I didn’t even know he takes cocaine. I walked into the kitchen, and I saw him taking cocaine, so I screamed, and asked if that is cocaine. HE started screaming that ‘What am I doing down here, where is the cocaine?’ How can someone without money take cocaine? I called his parents and complained that I can deal with weed, but cocaine, no. So I am dealing with his alcohol problem, you come home late, infidelity, coaciane, bad debt, jealousy over my success.”

Finally, it is worthy of note that during the interview, when asked, Tiwa never denied sleeping with Tuface, Don Jazzy, and Dr. Sid, as Teebillz initially accused her of. What most people didnot observe is that, she gave a very smart and dodgy answer there by saying that she never cheated on her husband when she replied;
“I have never cheated on my husband. Not with Don Jazzy, Dr Sid, 2face Idibia or anybody. I have never cheated on my husband, and Tunji knows this. He knows that in his heart.”

The question was supposed to be whether she slept with those people her husband said she has slept with, and if Tiwa Savage slept with those people way before she got married to Teebillz, then ofcourse she never cheated on her husband.

But does that mean she has denied sleeping with Tuface, Don Jazzy and Dr. Sid?

http://www.blueprint.ng/2016/05/06/5-vital-lessons-from-tiwa-savageteebillz-marriage-crash/

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by menstrualpad: 10:50pm On May 06, 2016
don't believe Tiwa's lies

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by johnson232: 11:00pm On May 06, 2016
both of them lack charateristic modesty...
such a marriage can never last...

when i see some of tiwa's videos, i just sigh, a married woman....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by diagro: 11:25pm On May 06, 2016
What shallow lives! Too disgusting.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by gmacnoms(m): 11:45pm On May 06, 2016
I ddnt know she was married, because She's one of d nigerian female acts I dnt bother about.

Her public portray disgusts me. Not surprised about dis whole isshhh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by johnson232: 11:54pm On May 06, 2016
gmacnoms:
I ddnt know she was married, because She's one of d nigerian female acts I dnt bother about.

Her public portray disgusts me. Not surprised about dis whole isshhh
u re right...

no trace of married woman in her...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by stevebond007(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2016
6)
Private matter is not for public.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by kennyman2000(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2016
hmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:22pm On May 07, 2016
A wise woman builds her home... A wise man takes charge of his home... They both share a substantial part in the blame.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by afolabi1992(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2016
Have you been sitting for 'O' Level exam times to time without making it. A great opportunity is now open for you, Register with the most reliable center in Offa Kwara State.. A trial will make you happy.

1 Like

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 07, 2016
Ii
Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by DaBullIT(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2016
In the next few weeks , we'll hear another one

people never learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Flashh: 1:25pm On May 07, 2016
I learnt Tiwa is for everybody and for nobody.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 07, 2016
[b][/b]OP PLEASE I BEG YOU: ENOUGH OF THIS TIWA/TEEBLIZZ EPISODE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by adebrave1(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2016
good one op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Eseose9(f): 1:25pm On May 07, 2016
Not again!!! their story is boring already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Akshow: 1:25pm On May 07, 2016
Long hiiisssssssssssss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by SAMBATLAN(m): 1:26pm On May 07, 2016
check my signature... forget Tiwa and TJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 07, 2016
What made those points vitalis.

Ur preaching were late

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by izzou(m): 1:27pm On May 07, 2016
Tiwa again?

I thought it aff passed

Can't we read something else? Niger delta avengers are waiting to be noticed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by OnWebTech: 1:27pm On May 07, 2016
noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 07, 2016
trashy topics on frontpage.. e remain small to quit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by macino1(m): 1:27pm On May 07, 2016
You are on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by 400billionman: 1:28pm On May 07, 2016
Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 07, 2016

yes...the poor woman in the London!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by orubebe2: 1:29pm On May 07, 2016
......And Tiwa Savage would have still continued to shake her tiny “bumbum” in music videos and on stage even before Teebillz is buried... grin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by Orikinla(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2016
This celebrity scandal has been over recycled.
Please, leave them and their #GidiBlues.
The world has moved on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by emilil(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2016
The thing here is that tiwa used and dump teebillz, tiwa only wanted a child, so she used teebillz to gain money and fame, the thing here is teebillz was used and dumped, tiwa had fun with other male celebrities buh teebillz maintained as a man, tiwa discovered teebillz extra marital affair she became angry not knowing she isn't holy, as far as teebillz paid tiwa's bride price, the child belongs to teebillz, the thing here is tiwa will brainwash the child that his dad is evil, drug addict just for him not to go back to his dad, am so sorry for teebillz

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by LaRochelle(f): 1:30pm On May 07, 2016
Errm, I don't normally think like this but I just wish another celebrity "kwanta" starts. I'm already tired of this Tiwa and Tunji's telenovela, puhleaze.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by anny268(f): 1:30pm On May 07, 2016
johnson232:

u re right...

no trace of married woman in her...
Guess she should have written "Married Woman" on her forehead for people like u to see the trace of married woman in her..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Lessons From Tiwa Savage/Teebillz Marriage Crash by 400billionman: 1:31pm On May 07, 2016
Dont manage your relationship while dating.

Ensure that both parties are investing equally.

Dont ever whine. Ensure your partner is a reasonable person with listening ears..

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Posted A Photo With Her Boyfriend?, Read A Fan Advice / Monalisa Chinda And Her Daughter, Tamar, Rock Matching Outfits / Omawumi Makes First Public Appearance Since The Birth Of Her Child(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.