Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,249 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho (20742 Views)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) / UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by crowniran(m): 8:26am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Really. Is Ambode, Oshinbajo, Udom, Kayode Fayemi, Segun Oni, Gbenga Daniel just to mention a few. Are they artistes?. Guy you know nothing.
All the Aluta you had in your school, how has it changed your school's mode of operation. shaking my head.
Why can't your school stage another protest again during the increment of your school fees. Your school fees varies from one faculty to another. Abeg remove the log from your eye first.

c baba, signing of one 'form' can never happen in ogbafemi, forcing students to sleep outside the hall cannot happen in freshmen hostel sef
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 8:27am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Really. Is Ambode, Oshinbajo, Udom, Kayode Fayemi, Segun Oni, Gbenga Daniel just to mention a few. Are they artistes?. Guy you know nothing.
All the Aluta you had in your school, how has it changed your school's mode of operation. shaking my head.
Why can't your school stage another protest again during the increment of your school fees. Your school fees varies from one faculty to another. Abeg remove the log from your eye first.
http://www..ng/2014/07/08/obafemi-awolowo-university-releases-new-school-fees-plan/
Don't mind them, they call other schools secondary schools yet they go on mid term breaks. Be like say, 'em authorities figured out the reason they protest is to get a break from school.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:32am On May 07, 2016
crowniran:

c baba, signing of one 'form' can never happen in ogbafemi, forcing students to sleep outside the hall cannot happen in freshmen hostel sef
When your school authority chased you guys away with police force in 2014, why can't you guys wait for them in school premises, instead you all went in front of school gate to start frying puff - puff, cooking beans and so on. The school authority deliberately punished them because of the protest. How many OAU student live on campus? Just few. I have guys in your school. No dey give me bobo.
The population of unilag students living on campus is higher than students living off campus compared to schools in other part of Nigeria.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ped007(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2016
Too Bad...
This inhuman treatment can't happen in Unical.
Although students no longer act or speak in one voice again.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2016
bataderemi:

Don't mind them, they call other schools secondary schools yet they go on mid term breaks. Be like say, 'em authorities figured out the reason they protest is to get a break from school.
I do laugh at OAU students. Many if my guys in OAU, one of them just graduated, they do tell me they are tired of the school. Instead of them to protest their student union that embezzled money, using one million naira to call. They are busy pocking their noses into another school's affair.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2016
Schools like oau and ui have bigger hostels and affordable houses off campus.

Unilag students are at fault, they rushed to sign the form, they accepted the scrapping of their union despite the fact that the protest was extremely peaceful.

This is what u get when u trade your right for 'I don't want to be delayed, I wanna finish on time.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by otokx(m): 8:43am On May 07, 2016
bataderemi:

Reaping where they didn't sow in this case should be decided by whoever will squat them not by the school.... And, they never said they don't want hostels to begin with or that they won't pay for it, the problem is the school didn't provide. Ozolua is a bq inside school, they pay up to 200k in a year that's even more than their school fees. Unless u want to stay at bariga and even then, it will still be relatively expensive. Renting anywhere iin lagos should not be compared to renting in Ife.

same old story, same low mentality, a room made for 4 people who now squat 1 person more means 8 people who will now deplete the resource faster. The soak away will get full, the water tank will reduce faster, the light bill will over double then soon students will protest no light, no water when they are the ones that caused it.

There is always an excuse for illegality in Nigeria but things just have to change. I know of 3 students staying in 1 room paying 6k per month with shared bathroom and toilet with 5 other rooms off campus and the place is clean but some others will tell you they sleep outside under rain.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 8:44am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

When your school authority chased you guys away with police force in 2014, why can't you guys wait for them in school premises, instead you all went in front of school gate to start frying puff - puff, cooking beans and so on. The school authority deliberately punished them because of the protest. How many OAU student live on campus? Just few. I have guys in your school. No dey give me bobo.
The population of unilag students living on campus is higher than students living off campus compared to schools in other part of Nigeria.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 8:45am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Unilag students are at fault, they rushed to sign the form, they accepted the scrapping of their union despite the fact that the protest was extremely peaceful.

This is what u get when u trade your right for 'I don't want to be delayed, I wanna finish on time.
They didn't 'accept' the scrapping of their union. If u saw the form, it simply said the union has been scrapped, not that sign that u accept the scrapping of the union.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 8:45am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Stop crying, lemme educate u. Add njokwu + sodeinde+biobaku+ el kanemi together, its not up to Awo hall in ife and not up to zik hall in UI. So how on earth can the population in unilag be more than those residing on campus in ife. That shows you have not been to schools outside Lagos.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

You are right about them rushing to sign the form. I told my neighbour, that they have sold their right by signing the forms they gave them. But we can't blame, some parents would etven tell their wards that I didn't send you to school to be rebellious to the school authority.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 8:50am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

http://www..ng/2014/07/08/obafemi-awolowo-university-releases-new-school-fees-plan/
No dey compare cat with a tiger.
OAU no be UNILAG mate for Aluta.
Oga swerve one side
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by lagosrd: 8:52am On May 07, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
This the same method uniport want to adopt. This is wickedness, the universities authorities now behave as if they are training criminals so whenever any disagreement between them and the criminals (students) they are training they treat them as such.
Uniport is now asking all students to vacant the hostels they paid for and write the first semester exam from outside campus. Exposing the students especially the female students to all kind of dangers including pregnacy.
It's happening cos we now have kids in school. The principle of aluta enforcement is applied in this case with strong media backup. Them never see anything. Break into the hostels and sleep well . Catch any management staff around loitering give the person be it old or young maximum shishi. The management will succumb. Great ife, artiulate ife, Eva dynamic. Ife....i just love that school men
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gabaleve(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2016
dem nor get house??

dis children nor stable at all
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 8:54am On May 07, 2016
otokx:

same old story, same low mentality, a room made for 4 people who now squat 1 person more means 8 people who will now deplete the resource faster. The soak away will get full, the water tank will reduce faster, the light bill will over double then soon students will protest no light, no water when they are the ones that caused it.

There is always an excuse for illegality in Nigeria but things just have to change. I know of 3 students staying in 1 room paying 6k per month with shared bathroom and toilet with 5 other rooms off campus and the place is clean but some others will tell you they sleep outside under rain.
Baba, which school u dey go? tf is low mentality? That there is not light in school is not because there are more people consuming, it's because they are not being supplied enough. My question is not of legality, cos squatting is illegal and with less people the resources are more likely to go around, it is a question or morality and/or being humane. I have a feeling u are that son of a UNILAG lecturer with the leaked chat.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Oga swerve one side
All the Aluta you had, which one went fruitful. Your school do go for mid-term break like secondary school.
Abeg, why can't you protest against your SUG that budget 1 million Naira to make calls
https://www.nairaland.com/2600158/oau-student-union-budgets-n1.8m
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are right about them rushing to sign the form. I told my neighbour, that they have sold their right by signing the forms they gave them. But we can't blame, some parents would etven tell their wards that I didn't send you to school to be rebellious to the school authority.

When the skul Mgt are not alumnus of a skul, it is wahala sometines, they don't feel the plight of the student. Rahman Oau, the two dvc UI, bursay-uniben, librarian-Ui

So the parent have sent their children to school to sleep outside. Even if one is coming from home. Tfare nko, some spend 1k on tfare coming to school.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by lagosrd: 8:57am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Oga swerve one side

They should ask the DSA's and the useless crackers. Na moremi/ faj be our battle ground I mean they dare not come ti sambisa hostel . Awo hall. Greatest gbigbi........

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 8:57am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Where are you getting your fried yam news from?
Nobody was chased out of hostels in. OAU. The worst the management can do is shut down power and water supply which is why many students are forced to leave the campus due to sanitary conditions.
No policeman, I repeat no policeman can approach Awo or Fajuyi to arrest a student talkless of chasing out students. Do you think OAU is UNILAG.
OAU students that locked up Obasanjo's minister in a stinking toilet!
OAU students that stoned Jonathan and Obas!
Baba swerve jor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 9:01am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

All the Aluta you had, which one went fruitful. Your school do go for mid-term break like secondary school.
Abeg, why can't you protest against your SUG that budget 1 million Naira to make calls
https://www.nairaland.com/2600158/oau-student-union-budgets-n1.8m
Make one million naira calls was an attempt by some ediots to play with our intelligence in OAU and we dealt thoroughly with them.
Such never happened. They only proposed it and got the surprise of their life .
This is not UNILAG sug jor
Again swerve

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by ibadanfinest(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Going for mid semester break no be big deal jare, that one no be point, Student will always be student, if they chop money, bye bye to certificate especially in UI. Mind u after one week in UI sone have not left their hostel o. I trust zik hall and Indy hall boys.

I think the student should have stood their ground in unilag. Let's not even compare schools now. The jaja boys should have led the struggle, in every skul, there is always one hall that motivate others, Zik in UI, Bawo in OAU so jaja in unilag should pick up the leadership role.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

When the skul Mgt are not alumnus of a skul, it is wahala sometines, they don't feel the plight of the student. Rahman Oau, the two dvc UI, bursay-uniben, librarian-Ui

So the parent have sent their children to school to sleep outside. Even if one is coming from home. Tfare nko, some spend 1k on tfare coming to school.
You made another salient point. The funniest thing is this man called Rahmon Bello is from the department I graduated from.
Bro, during my final year I had to live in my friend's house for 2 months before I got an accommodation on campus. It wasn't easy for me. I swear to God if what is happening to these students should happen to me. There is no doubt I will fail.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:06am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:

Make one million naira calls was an attempt by some ediots to play with our intelligence in OAU and we dealt thoroughly with them.
Such never happened. They only proposed it and got the surprise of their life .
This is not UNILAG sug jor
Again swerve
Baba abeg, search for it is there. Lol
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Where are you getting your fried yam news from?
Nobody was chased out of hostels in. OAU. The worst the management can do is shut down power and water supply which is why many students are forced to leave the campus due to sanitary conditions.
No policeman, I repeat no policeman can approach Awo or Fajuyi to arrest a student talkless of chasing out students. Do you think OAU is UNILAG.
OAU students that locked up Obasanjo's minister in a stinking toilet!
OAU students that stoned Jonathan and Obas!
Baba swerve jor
Oga stop lying. They chased you guys away. During the increment of school fees. I have guys in your school. haha....
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 9:12am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Baba abeg, search for it is there. Lol
Search for something inside my school?
Baba swerve
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 9:13am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Oga stop lying. They chased you guys away. During the increment of school fees. I have guys in your school. haha....
Look here. They don't chase people out of OAU hostels. Nobody can enter Awo or Faj to send out people
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Going for mid semester break no be big deal jare, that one no be point, Student will always be student, if they chop money, bye bye to certificate especially in UI. Mind u after one week in UI sone have not left their hostel o. I trust zik hall and Indy hall boys.

I think the student should have stood their ground in unilag. Let's not even compare schools now. The jaja boys should have led the struggle, in every skul, there is always one hall that motivate others, Zik in UI, Bawo in OAU so jaja in unilag should pick up the leadership role.
Some students from that hall spearhead it. Even after school called in police, the students still stood their grounds but, the police used their armour vehicle to open the school gate by force. Some were even injured. You can't blame them, If some students were shot just like Akintunde Ojo of blessed memory was shot by soldiers in the 70s. Those students had tried their best but in any society you must have a Judas.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Look here. They don't chase people out of OAU hostels. Nobody can enter Awo or Faj to send out people
They chased you out. What level are you?
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Nobody: 9:21am On May 07, 2016
lebienconnu:
This is execrably pugnacious, pestilential and attenuating.
small small bros

1 Like

Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:22am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Search for something inside my school?
Baba swerve
I told you to search for the info of your SUG that budgeted 1.8 million Naira for calls. Haba! na heaven dey wan call. When I read the news I felt you guys would protest, you didn't do jack.
Your school fees was increased, with all you gra gra, they never returned it back. yeye people
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by OAUTemitayo: 9:25am On May 07, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

I told you to search for the info of your SUG that budgeted 1.8 million Naira for calls. Haba! na heaven dey wan call. When I read the news I felt you guys would protest, you didn't do jack.
Your school fees was increased, with all you gra gra, they never returned it back. yeye people
You really don't know what you are talking about.
True, they proposed to use 1 million naira as cost for calls, however the budget was not approved by parliament. Stop talking about what is beyond your comprehension.
Re: Unilag Students Forced To Sleep In The Rain As School Shuts Students Out Of Ho by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
You really don't know what you are talking about.
True, they proposed to use 1 million naira as cost for calls, however the budget was not approved by parliament. Stop talking about what is beyond your comprehension.
See, you get angry just because I talked about your school. But you guys from OAU knows how intrude and say crap about other schools. One of my bro a graduate of OAU to be precise, once told me he would never advice anybody to go to OAU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos House Of Assembly Passes Yoruba Language Bill Into Law / Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ / FG Releases N16.8bn To Settle Tertiary Institutions Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.