Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July (19088 Views)

Airtel Rolls Out 4G Service In Nigeria / Nigerian States By Number Of Registered Phone And Internet Connections lines / How To Deactivate All Etisalat Services To Stop Deducting Your Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by matrixx9(m): 7:05am On May 07, 2016
MTN will be launching its 4G LTE Network in selected
Nigerian cities in July. They are going to do this by using the 800MHz
frequency they secured from CDMA network, Visafone earlier this year.
At the end of
this year, they should have about 1,500 LTE sites transmitted with fibre
optics cables.

According to MTN CEO, Mr. Ferdinand Moolman, Visafone subscribers
will port to the MTN network so they can clean up their
frequency and launch the LTE services.
The chosen cities for this launch have been selected as a result of
MTN’s analysis of data usage across the country. They haven’t
disclosed what cities these are so we’ll just have to wait and
see.
While it’s great that a top Telecommunications mobile network is
releasing LTE services in
Nigeria, I’m just wondering why they didn’t release this
earlier. Nigeria is definitely one of their largest markets but it seems
they
Think quite low about us.

MTN already launched LTE services in other
countries like Cameroon Rwanda and Uganda when Nigeria has more
MTN subscribers than the 3 countries put together, they've finally
“decided” to launch here.
I know, maybe the whole friction & feud with the NCC left MTN a bit
sore,
but still. I’m just wondering if this has to do with the launch of Ntel
which launched their LTE service in April , and they don’t want to
be left behind. Other Networks will have to join Soon to keep up with
the pace. This will probably mark the evolution of 4g in Nigeria

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/05/mtn-plans-to-roll-out-4g-lte-services.html?m=1

#www.nairaland.com

Cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Project400: 7:08am On May 07, 2016
Someone should tell ntel to go back to the drawing board.

ntel needs to readdress its SWOT & PESTEL analysis. We do not see them excelling with the current strategies and data plans. The telecommunication industry is strictly competitive.

While the network hitherto thrived on the platform of "buy naija to grow naija", Nigerians would not forfeit affordability for patriotism. Even the Nigerian government had to partner with Chinese firms for cost effective roads.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by gidimasters(m): 7:10am On May 07, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Frank3n2(m): 7:49am On May 07, 2016
Mtn don vex sha. Better for them, if not in few years they would be parking their bags.. grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Collinz2(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2016
I hope delta state is among the selected states oh.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Nobody: 8:25am On May 07, 2016
Smh for Nigeria networks on. They just wanna roll out 4G in 2016 when 5G is currently been tested in some again countries. Half loaf is better than none tho but this late upgrading of services is meaningless despite paying huge sum.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by chumakk: 9:59am On May 07, 2016
If other network allows MTN to be the first again to luanch LTE then they don't have future to be the number one

12 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 07, 2016
as them don realize sey dem dey lose customers grin grin
chai!! MTN sharp guys!!
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by hary158: 1:33pm On May 07, 2016
the results of healthy competition....

2000 sim card was 50k now its almost free 2000 per minute call was 50naira now its less than 20naira

more innovations and competitions brings better economic growth

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 07, 2016
ollah1:
Smh for Nigeria networks on. They just wanna roll out 4G in 2016 when 5G is currently been tested in some again countries. Half loaf is better than none tho but this late upgrading of services is meaningless despite paying huge sum.
keep quiet there... no be only 5G na 10G ... appreciate something ..

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by matrixx9(m): 9:02am On May 15, 2016
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Youngpo413: 10:00am On May 15, 2016
Better 3G we no get, talk less of LTE, ok na.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Youngpo413: 10:12am On May 15, 2016
CaptainECole1:
as them don realize sey dem dey lose customers grin grin
chai!! MTN sharp guys!!
MTN can never loose(?) customers, in fact check your contacts right now, I'm sure 98% are MTN numbers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by matrixx9(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
MTN can never loose(?) customers, in fact check your contacts right now, I'm sure 98% are MTN numbers.
true talk

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Jboynokiaphone(m): 8:32pm On May 15, 2016
am using d 4g lte here in lagos.
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Jboynokiaphone(m): 8:32pm On May 15, 2016
am using d mtn 4g lte here in lagos.

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Jboynokiaphone(m): 8:33pm On May 15, 2016
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by YoursGEJ(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2016
When I was using MTN 3G, e be like say na 1G abi 0.5G sef. Maybe this 4G LTE will be like 2G.The actual 4G will come out when they unveil 6G angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by DICKtator: 6:41am On May 16, 2016
When most developing countries are already on 5G, this empty Hen is planning to roll out 4G LTE?

Good morning!!!!!

When their competitors roll out 5G, they would shape up!!!!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by GogetterMD(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2016
They actually had this planned out long before now but waited to watch NTEL test the waters and fail at it before they launched theirs

2 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by ibkgab001: 6:42am On May 16, 2016
When 2 g is not working here in Osogbo

1 Like

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by uchman46(m): 6:43am On May 16, 2016
we're waiting
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by misscall247: 6:43am On May 16, 2016
who thy help
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by tollytexy(m): 6:43am On May 16, 2016
Lol these Empty Hen Fools sha.. the 4G wey we don forget say we dey use for SA. Na him dem just won invent for the country wey dem make money more than their country of origin

8 Likes

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:45am On May 16, 2016
Jboynokiaphone:

How is the speed
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by andersyn: 6:45am On May 16, 2016
H
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by niggi4life(m): 6:45am On May 16, 2016
I wonder why GLO keeps lagging behind..
They single handedly ran fibre optic cable from the UK down to Nigeria and other countries even tapped from them before landing. Yet they can't afford to give good data connection, no introduction of 4G LTE services and so on.

We are riding on thier LDS(Long Distance Service) in my office and I must say almost everyday we encounter loss of signal at their end due to fibre cut, power issues etc.

God bless MTN, nice projection

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by JesusmyGod1: 6:46am On May 16, 2016
mtn

world best network
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by barragan: 6:46am On May 16, 2016
It has already began in Ibadan for a few months now.
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by funkyrash(m): 6:47am On May 16, 2016
glo should try the same! Their network is having issues, also who noticed 'cryptocurrencies' in the rules for commenting? grin
Re: MTN Plans To Roll Out 4G LTE Services To Selected Nigerian States In July by loomer: 6:48am On May 16, 2016
CaptainECole1:
keep quiet there... no be only 5G na 10G ... appreciate something ..

No mind that one jare

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Bought Redmi 8 Because Of Nairaland Now This Is Happening / Things To Consider When Buying Smartphones. / These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.