Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,875 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired (19095 Views)

Which Phone Are You Currently Using / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Which Phone Are You Currently Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2023
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

Even now as I'm typing it has popped up 3 times now ........... Arrrrghhgg

How to get rid of thisss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2023
Honestly If I find the app that's responsible, I'll blacklist them and give them the worst review ever

falcon01:
That's a tecno device or infinix.
its infinix

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2023
This is annoying

13 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Christistruth03: 3:19am On Sep 08, 2023
Download and run Malware remover just in case

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Successdude(m): 4:49am On Sep 08, 2023
Christistruth03:
Download and run Malware remover just in case

I have just done that; yet nothing is detected.

6 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by SalamRushdie: 5:03am On Sep 08, 2023
Probably the easy buy client doing it

21 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by ReacherSaidNoth: 6:47am On Sep 08, 2023
This must be a Transsion product. Try to disable the use of background data on all your apps.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by falcon01: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2023

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by PinkNature: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2023
falcon01:

You're not far from the truth grin

46 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by falcon01: 7:11am On Sep 08, 2023
PinkNature:

You're not far from the truth grin
Those phones are craps. Even the default phoenix browser is rigged with apps default browser is supposed to be against ads. And some nonsense phone master and task manager built in the device filled the phone with marlwares and pushes along of ads. How do they even keep using those phones?.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by PinkNature: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2023
falcon01:
Those phones are craps. Even the default phoenix browser is rigged with apps default browser is supposed to be against ads. And some nonsense phone master and task manager built in the device filled the phone with marlwares and pushes along of ads. How do they even keep using those phones?.

Because it's cheap? Or because they're addicted to the brand already. 😅

If God bless me, Samsung or an iPhone straight up.

I'm using a Xiaomi phone and Its serving me just fine. I don't see myself getting a Tecno, Infinix or God forbid Itel phone.

Unless it's given as a gift. 😅

25 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Robisky001(m): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:
Sometimes my phone vibrates by itself. Could it be that there is an undercover app installed ?

And, the worst of the worst is these screen-covering ADS I receive virtually every 30 seconds or so it pops up and covers my screen and you know what that means : it sti have to wait stops everything I'm doing - I have to wait until there is an X to exit the ads.

Please this has made my anger rise and stresses me ....... How can I get rid of this ?

NB : it's a new phone and I bought it through easybuy on Slot but it's about 4 months ago. They normally install something if you buy through easy buy. Could it be the case

How to get rid of thisss

Op kpele I feel your pain. Few weeks back I found myself in this dilemma and to say the least, used the phone to hit the wall. Go on playstore and download AppWatch what it does is that it monitor your activity on the phone. Once the ad pops up minimize and open the app and you will find the annoying app from there you can uninstall it.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by DyingFetus: 9:26am On Sep 08, 2023
Install adway to block ads

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by youngrichnigga: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2023
When did it start, what app did you install prior to the problem surfacing?
Delete that particular app and clear the cache then, restart the phone and you should be okay 👍👍
Try this ☝️

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Benwallt(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2023
My brother, those ads stubborn die. Dem no dey gree remove until you go back to home screen

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by blaquemyc: 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
That's what you get when you choose "cheap and affordable" over quality.

Go to settings in your phone. Search for "private DNS" in connection and sharing - input 'dns.adguard.com' in private DNS. This should help .

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by ImoleNaija: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
This must be a Transsion product.

6 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by ThiefnubuBandit: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
Your phone came in contact with Tilumbu's stinking blockos.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Adebaba1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
It's so annoying
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Solacemk: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
Use Private dns like adguard

9 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Father4all: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
Go and format it with computer

1 Like

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by lesbiconverter: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
falcon01:
That's the only way to cut the cost of production for the phone in the first place

Anyways go and disable the bloatware or install a deepfreeze app

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Moneyboyz: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
Somehow the virus has gained root access to your file system and you can't remove it.

These kind of virus won't go away even if you flash your phone.

What you can do now is to reflash the stock firmware.

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by omoredia: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Read the purchase contract. U permited them to show ads for a discount. Thats china for you

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Finessetraders(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude:

How to get rid of thisss

Change your
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Lightway: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Successdude

If you can't name the model and brand of the phone then nobody will help you

10 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Newman20(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
blaquemyc:

Go to settings in your phone. Search for "private DNS" in connection and sharing - input 'dns.adguard.com' in private DNS. This should help .

This guys has said it all @OP I use this method as well. It should work for you.

7 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by MorataFC: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ok
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by Lightway: 3:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
blaquemyc:

Do you even understand what you just typed

3 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by toclemmy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Use a private DNS. AdGuard is almost free to use. It will block all ads and even most malware will be starved of connection.

4 Likes

Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by modelsms(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nawao
Re: These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired by blaquemyc: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lightway:

Do you even understand what you just typed
if you don't understand, ask questions

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Consider When Buying Smartphones. / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" / We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.