Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! (25407 Views)

5 Ways Your Girlfriend May Be Destroying Your Health [NO 1 Will Shock You] / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend From Malawi In A Romantic Way (Photos) / Guys! :how To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by godunia(m): 7:17am On May 11, 2016
One principle I know work well for anyone is give them generously when you have and they won't complain when you tell them you don't have. It is like making a large deposit in a bank account, minor withdrawals(when you say no) wont affect the relationship. The truth is only teenagers enjoy free relationships, as an adult, you must be response-able, you know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by vickylala239: 7:26am On May 11, 2016
layla129:
Errm, i have seen how most Nigerians guys complain about how their ladies love money and so on but the truth is everyone is craving for a better life and future. If not, why do some guys also say they can't marry an uneducated lady or an unemployed lady?

Anyways, here are some things i feel guys can do to limit the way some ladies prey on them.

1. Its simple be honest with her.
If your budget can't handle going out, tell her. If you can't afford the expensive dresses, bags and so on, tell her. She is going to respect your willpower and how responsible you are with money. If she balks, she is not the girl for you.

2. Be honest with yourself.
Truth is, some guys like to brag, show off and what's not...you clearly know you can't afford some things she requests for but you decide to play along. The more you prove you can afford those things, the more requests she brings.

3. Save for get aways and trips.
You don't just plan trips and expensive shopping overnight, you save for them...it makes spending a lot easier and fun.

4. Save for presents also.

If you explain things to her properly, i'm sure she'll understand if she means well for you and if not, what will be will be.

5. Tell her you can't withdraw from your account because of BVN grin

Indirectly girls are liability?
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 7:43am On May 11, 2016
unipol:

I thought they said beautiful girls dont get bored? Plus are u writing ur ideas or u have got experience?

Lol, none of the above
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 7:43am On May 11, 2016
vickylala239:

Indirectly girls are liability?

No ma'am
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by IykeWest: 7:46am On May 11, 2016
layla129:
Errm, i have seen how most Nigerians guys complain about how their ladies love money and so on but the truth is everyone is craving for a better life and future. If not, why do some guys also say they can't marry an uneducated lady or an unemployed lady?

Anyways, here are some things i feel guys can do to limit the way some ladies prey on them.

1. Its simple be honest with her.
If your budget can't handle going out, tell her. If you can't afford the expensive dresses, bags and so on, tell her. She is going to respect your willpower and how responsible you are with money. If she balks, she is not the girl for you.

2. Be honest with yourself.
Truth is, some guys like to brag, show off and what's not...you clearly know you can't afford some things she requests for but you decide to play along. The more you prove you can afford those things, the more requests she brings.

3. Save for get aways and trips.
You don't just plan trips and expensive shopping overnight, you save for them...it makes spending a lot easier and fun.

4. Save for presents also.

If you explain things to her properly, i'm sure she'll understand if she means well for you and if not, what will be will be.

5. Tell her you can't withdraw from your account because of BVN grin
OP, I was just discussing this topic with a friend yesterday, she said that being honest is the best way, you should tell the girl first thing that, I no too get money and if you earn 100k, don't go and tell her u earn 100k, tell her u earn less and if she loves you, or even likes you, she'll stay with u. If she came to dig gold then, immediately you say, 'No much money' she'll be at the door asap. And some guys don't even help their matter, them go brag say na der father born Buhari, they are step brothers to Buhari and that their father is Obj grin FYI, I'm not making any political jokes, I'm just trying to show how outrageous the kinda lie guys tell to girls, just to get her to bed *Smh*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Gbengem(m): 8:18am On May 11, 2016
cool

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 8:40am On May 11, 2016
IykeWest:
OP, I was just discussing this topic with a friend yesterday, she said that being honest is the best way, you should tell the girl first thing that, I no too get money and if you earn 100k, don't go and tell her u earn 100k, tell her u earn less and if she loves you, or even likes you, she'll stay with u. If she came to dig gold then, immediately you say, 'No much money' she'll be at the door asap. And some guys don't even help their matter, them go brag say na der father born Buhari, they are step brothers to Buhari and that their father is Obj grin FYI, I'm not making any political jokes, I'm just trying to show how outrageous the kinda lie guys tell to girls, just to get her to bed *Smh*

You see?
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Aawizdom(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2016
Thanks
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Princepoint(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2016
i just want to make common sense thanks
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by NnamdiN: 9:15am On May 11, 2016
don't have a girlfriend. how hard can that be?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 9:26am On May 11, 2016
Haute:

Awww....your bride price just appreciated. Now 11 Naira. Keep it up girl.

Lool
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 9:29am On May 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Be a man and lead your house.

Set a budget, open a separate family account and dump the budget amount in there.

If she balks, kick her to the curb and get a new more compliant one.

Nuff said.

Some of you guys make me sick with your effeminate questions. Are there any real men left at home? angry

Thank you. A little planning will solve this money issue
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 9:31am On May 11, 2016
doskie:
ok thanks. Buh izit dah your senior brother was recently wrecked and licked clean by a Nigerian lady with kids in the village or what.

Lol, don't even have an elder brother
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 9:33am On May 11, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

Nice one miss. From what you'v written here, the most important persona is HONESTY. If one is honest what's the need to fake what you don't have just to impress chicks. I detest fake & proud peeps tho, so I can easily relate to this. Nicey!

Exactly. Thanks for understanding...i can see from these comments that a lot don't understand me here
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by AsanwaKC(f): 9:50am On May 11, 2016
ladies..you don't have to worry about all these when dating a big boy..aka yahoo boy tongue ...
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 9:52am On May 11, 2016
AsanwaKC:
ladies..you don't have to worry about all these when dating a big boy..aka yahoo boy tongue ...

Lmaoo, hope you won't worry too when EFCC shows up?

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by AsanwaKC(f): 10:06am On May 11, 2016
layla129:

Lmaoo, hope you won't worry too when EFCC shows up?

not at all...
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by 400billionman: 11:03am On May 11, 2016
Nigerian girls greedy die.

If you spend N30k on a lady today, next week she will demand N70k.

You wan kill the guy ?
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by layla129(f): 11:04am On May 11, 2016
400billionman:
Nigerian girls greedy die.

If you spend N30k on a lady today, next week she will demand N70k.

It has happened to me. You wan kill the guy ?

Better place her on a weekly allowance if she will accept to be loyal. Say N3k to N5k per week.

Lool, thanks for the generosity
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Nobody: 11:52am On May 11, 2016
OP thanks for letting us know how your boyfriend(s) stopped you from wrecking him/them financially. It was an interesting read! undecided
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by vickylala239: 1:08pm On May 11, 2016
layla129:

No ma'am

Are u sure
Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by BUGOFF(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2016
EmekaBlue:
Too many broke 9ja girlz tho....And super dependant..They cant even sumtym just pay fr ur beer..
lol...did u say 'broke'? Dude datz a laff, them girls are downright stingy! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Oshotse21(m): 4:29pm On May 11, 2016
That last point make sense

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Your Girlfriend From Destroying Your Finances!! by Emorealnel12: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
Some of you women, don't need romantic relationships. What you need is intervention of an NGO that helps the less privileged

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys!! Is It Wise To Give Her The Spare Key To My Apartment? / VAGINA: Look At The Vagina I Drew — To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / Officially Ask A Nairalander Out,don't Be Shy We Are All Matured Minds Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.