Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria (952 Views)

Reason Why We Call awka Worst State Capital In The East. / OWERRI: The Worst State Capital In The SE- PIX / AWKA: The Worst State Capital In The East Not Abakiliki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 07, 2016
Rivers state used to be one of the best state in nigeria but not anymore.Insecurity is now a big issue in that state and needs urgent attention from well meaning nigerians.
Cult activities in the state has completely destroyed it,with recent news of clashes between rival cult groups often leading to the death of many young riverians needs urgent intervention to save our once revered garden city state that used to be peaceful and calm.
Believe me river state is now trailing the north east states in terms of the high level of insecurity and violence.
A state that it's youths has embraced cultism and gangstarism as the norm is doomed!!
A state where you won't be able to wear most of your clothes because they are of certain colours,why? simply because for every colour in this world a cult group in the state must have it as their own and when you dare put on it on other rival group(s) might take you down.
Recently I met with a youth from the area and while we were discussing topical issues I asked him of his opinion on what is happening in his state and to my greatest surprise he boldly told me that he is a cultist,he mentioned his own group to me and I was shocked to realise that all the while we were interacting I was with a cultist,he proudly told me that in river state cultism is like an age grade thing that once you are coming up you are mandated to join one.
Personally I have had so many encounters with cultists in school which are not nice experiences I would want a friend to experience too,in one of the encounters they collected my phone,my money like 4k and my wrist watch it was one ugly experience I will never forget.
I hate cultists with passion and if left for me I will advocate capital punishment for anyone convicted of cult activities in this country.
River state has lost it,the government needs to intervene and save the situation but the situation is so bad that even top government officials are Involved,most of them are cultists.
with little or no shame they address the youths with cult slangs.
WHO THEN WILL SALVAGE THE SITUATION?

3 Likes

Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by Karm16: 10:31pm On May 07, 2016
Have you blamed Yorubas today?

2 Likes

Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by criminalmindz: 10:57pm On May 07, 2016
@ OP , leave rivers state alone, don't pull her down. Go back to your brown roof state.
Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by m1500: 2:54am On May 08, 2016
Can't agree more; cult-related violence really on the rise. With so much violence and insecurity, how do you achieve sustainable development?
Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by bender79: 3:52am On May 08, 2016
criminalmindz:
@ OP , leave rivers state alone, don't pull her down. Go back to your brown roof state.
My friend can you just take the message and leave massenger? Funny how everything is brought down to tribalism...primordial and myopic

1 Like

Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:05am On May 08, 2016
criminalmindz:
@ [s]OP , leave rivers state alone, don't pull her down. Go back to your brown roof state.[/s]

Fixed. grin
So OP is now a yoruba because he's complaining of what's happening in Rivers State?

1 Like

Re: Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 4:34am On May 08, 2016
The need for religious body to play thier role.

(1) (Reply)

Reuben Abati: Atiku Is Right, Nigeria Needs To Be Restructured / Jonathan Says Nigeria May Revisit Anti-gay Law / Ogoni Clean Up: Shell Pulls Out For Lack Of Transparency & Commitment By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.