Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers (14043 Views)

APC Promises ‘igbo Presidency’, Vows To Bury PDP / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Mohammad Babandede Orders Arrest Of Ex-Ministers, Senators, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by georjay(m): 4:01am On May 08, 2016
Aggrieved former ministers, who served under the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government, have said that the forthcoming national convention of the party may turn out to be used as a burial day for the former ruling party.

They said that unless the National Chairman of the party, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff retraced his steps from contesting at the convention, the coffin of the party would be nailed at the event.

The convention, which is slated for May 21 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, is to be used to elect national officers of the party.

At the last meeting of the party’s National Executive Committee, the offices were shared among the six geo-political zones.

However, of all the offices, party members are miffed that the office of the national chairman was zoned to the North-East where Sheriff hails from.

Sheriff, a former governor of Borno State, is the only formidable candidate for the position from the North-East.

Apart from the anger that the office was primarily zoned to Sheriff who is a new entrant to the party, majority of the members of the party are also complaining that the same North-East has produced the last two national chairmen of the party.

These former chairmen are Bamanga Tukur and a former Governor of Bauchi State, Adamu Mu’azu.

The former ministers said that Sheriff must drop his ambition or he would be the last national chairman to lead a united PDP.

Spokesperson for the ex-ministers, who is also a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Sulaiman, said this while speaking with two journalists in Abuja on Saturday.

He argued that any attempt by Sheriff to consolidate his position at the convention would spell doom for the party, adding that most stakeholders would dump the PDP and “allow it to continue to swim in impunity.”

He said concerned PDP members and stakeholders would not keep quiet and allow Sheriff to hijack the party because of his ambition, adding that the right thing needed to be done for the party to regain power at the centre in 2019.

He said, “Ali Modu Sheriff is there to perform the final funeral rites of the PDP. The May 21 national convention will mark the lying in state of the PDP which will be forever. We will not stop talking until the right thing is done.

“With what he is doing now, I think he is on a mission. The national convention must not hold on May 21. If it must hold, it will be the day of celebration of funeral rites of the PDP.”

Sulaiman added that it was “the impunity” in the PDP that led to the party’s defeat at the 2015 general elections, and urged party members and leaders at all levels to end impunity and re-position the party for future victory.

He described as political fault, the zoning of both the chairmanship and 2019 presidential ticket of the party to the North, claiming that “it is the work of Ali Modu Sheriff and his cohorts.”

Meanwhile, the members of the Board of Trustees are meeting Abuja on Monday to deliberate on the crisis rocking the party.

Our correspondent gathered that the board would also review the plan by Sheriff to amend the party’s constitution and make it almost impossible for the BoT to meet without his approval.

The National Working Committee of the party led by Sheriff has inserted a clause under the yet-to-be approved amended constitution, that the chairman of the BoT must inform the national chairman of the PDP before calling for the board’s meeting.

The majority of the members of the board have decried this aspect among other ones, as undemocratic and an act aimed at reducing the powers and influence of the board.

Efforts made to get the reaction of the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Olisa Metuh, were not successful. Calls made to his mobile telephone indicated that it was switched off. He also did not respond to a text message sent to him.

http://punchng.com/sheriff-will-bury-pdp-may-21-convention-ex-ministers/

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by georjay(m): 4:02am On May 08, 2016
hmmm lawa o
wailers over to you
zombies don show
toor
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:16am On May 08, 2016
grin grin I'm only concerned about PDP in my state Dazzol cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by chriskosherbal(m): 4:29am On May 08, 2016
Please we want peace oo
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by greatgod2012(f): 5:01am On May 08, 2016
The party wey don fall before , una wan use your hands scatter am patapata, instead make una find ways of strengthen the party.
E no kuku concern me. I no be politician.

12 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by modath(f): 5:04am On May 08, 2016
My Submission to "Mr NL Rebrand PDP king" who feels he knows it all because he has been co opted to sell some candidates!!! cool

modath:

No matter how much you wish or convulse on NL, Lere Olayinka will emerge as Pub Sec from the Sham of a convention that has already been concluded, 21st of May is just mere formality.....Stop being butthurt, not my doing that you Mostly back the horse that is a sure loser, Learn to be more discerning!!

Which yoot is PDP trying to sell? The ones fronting for bigwigs? That dont have any say? Stop that lies, even Morika that everyone is using as a model for our democracy isn't selling Fake yoot nothing!!! Ali Shekau is the potential presidential candidate, so who be fool?

Lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, PDP erroneously believes that because the hashtag, social media army propelled Bubu to prominence, they will replicate it ba? Only yoot PDP can get is the one they've always had, the type that rejoices when mishaps occur.

Is it not same PDP still singing discordant tunes? Same Impunity, Imposition of candidates, Lack of internal democracy, gross ineptitude and monumental corruption & insensitivity to ordinary Nigerians that are the hallmarks of PDP's 16yrs, have they been addressed? Nigerians are wiser and they can see through all the shenanigans and desperation to get access once again to the yam barn...

3 Things are going to happen;

1. Ali Modu and Fayose crew will manipulate the whole process to their advantage,

2. Majority of the founding elders especially northerners ( they are purporting to appease) will defect,

3. PDP will be worse off than where they were April 2015.

Like Vanguard, Like The Nation.. The narrative is CONSTANT.. cool

You throw stones from your glass house, then when you see the other person coming with an egg, you will then proceed to wail about Wickedness and Sadism! Very Funny..... smiley

No abuse or insult to Mo will solve it, you won't be allowed to twist narratives unchallenged.. Thank you. tongue

BTW, Today's Vanguard also has same story: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/pdp-crisis-disappointed-jonathans-support-sheriff-ex-ministers/

6 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by modath(f): 5:49am On May 08, 2016

13 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Pavore9: 5:54am On May 08, 2016
They will never learn.... well they have a right to self-destruct!

6 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Nobody: 6:04am On May 08, 2016
We are ready for the Burial Party Joor!
I prefer APGA becoming the next opposition Party. With Willie Obiano performing Wonders in Anambra, APGA may sweep the entire SE in 2019 same way ACN swept majority States in SW in 2017 under the influence of JAGABAN!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by TPAND(f): 6:13am On May 08, 2016
Please sherif Bury PDP and rebirth a more formidable opposition. Pin point the bad eggs and send them packing, they can decamp to APC where the fellow colleagues are
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by hmuhammad(m): 6:21am On May 08, 2016
He buried PDP since the day he was selected as the acting chairman, abeg make dem cook sweet jollof for the burial. I go come with friends and family

12 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by hmuhammad(m): 6:23am On May 08, 2016
TPAND:
Please sherif Bury PDP and rebirth a more formidable opposition. Pin point the bad eggs and send them packing, they can decamp to APC where the fellow colleagues are
do u even know who Sherrif is? Someone who couldn't win his polling unit for GEJ.
I was in maiduguri during the last election, the same BH sponsor voted for PMB if you don't know. PDP is dead

21 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by hmuhammad(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2016
adeyemi2015:
We are ready for the Burial Party Joor!
I prefer APGA becoming the next opposition Party. With Willie Obiano performing Wonders in Anambra, APGA may sweep the entire SE in 2019 same way ACN swept majority States in SW in 2017 under the influence of JAGABAN!
and APC sweeping north and SW come 2019 and PMB will be automatically elected

5 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by TPAND(f): 6:27am On May 08, 2016
hmuhammad:
do u even know who Sherrif is? Someone who couldn't win his polling unit for GEJ.
I was in maiduguri during the last election, the same BH sponsor voted for PMB if you don't know. PDP is dead

Alleged BH sponsor.
Buhari was a nominated BH negotiator. See the problem is the North will never vote GEJ. It's the truth. Same as the easterners, they can't vote Buhari. PDP is not dead, not even in the north. In 2019, when PDP will bring another northern as forerunner, except Buhari's vote of confidence to drop significantly. This is a simple logic a 2-year old will crack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Nobody: 6:34am On May 08, 2016
These men are snivelling because they have lost out in the power game. Everyone knows Sheriff has that position to keep. The region which should produce the National Chairman has decided to cede it to the North-East to help strengthen the party in the North. What then is this noise by some political invalids? The PDP will live beyond May 21 and will continue to go from strength to strength. If any funeral would take place, it would be that of the broom wielding party in 2019.
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by modath(f): 6:37am On May 08, 2016
bejeiodus:
These men are snivelling because they have lost out in the power game. Everyone knows Sheriff has that position to keep. The region which should produce the National Chairman has decided to cede it to the North-East to help strengthen the party in the North.

What then is this noise by some political invalids? The PDP will live beyond May 21 and will continue to go from strength to strength. If any funeral would take place, it would be that of the broom wielding party in 2019.

I am 100% sure that you do not in your heart of hearts believe this assertion, when did the north meet to decide on a consensus candidate?

Or the PDP Gov's forum (who went shopping for a money miss road to fund the party,s activities) is now your definition of the north?

If they were being sincere , why didn't they zone the presidency to a specific part of the north, ike they did the VP to the SE? smiley

Well meaning Nigerians can see clearly through all the shenanigans.. clear as day!!!! wink

5 Likes

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by omenka(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2016
Abeg when time reach, make dem give me contract to produce the coffin. At least, let one claim some financial benefit from the incident. cheesy

Ali Modu Shekau/Fayose 2019 or death!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by hmuhammad(m): 6:40am On May 08, 2016
[s]
TPAND:

Alleged BH sponsor.
Buhari was a nominated BH negotiator. See the problem is the North will never vote GEJ. It's the truth. Same as the easterners, they can't vote Buhari. PDP is not dead, not even in the north. In 2019, when PDP will bring another northern as forerunner, except Buhari's vote of confidence to drop significantly. This is a simple logic a 2-year old will crack.
[/s]we northerners believe in buhari, any northern politician that'll contest against buhari will have his political career smashed. Ask shekarau what he saw after contesting against Buhari

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by hmuhammad(m): 6:41am On May 08, 2016
omenka:
Abeg when time reach, make dem give me contract to produce the coffin. At least, let one claim some financial benefit from the incident. cheesy

LOL!!! You want make dem get only 50 thousand votes from north?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Nobody: 6:49am On May 08, 2016
modath:

I don't
You have no stake in the PDP so you should keep away from its affairs. I am sure you fervently pray for a quick demise of the PDP and the subsequent subjugation of the country under a one party rule. Take it from me--it won't happen. The PDP will live through these challenges and continue to give APC political migraines.
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by ChetaNwaeze: 6:58am On May 08, 2016
We Igbos will gladly suppport Ali Modu Sheriff/Fayose Ticket
PDP2019 Ali Modu Sheriff for President Ayodele Peter Fayose for Vice President

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by FemiOlarinde: 7:00am On May 08, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by TopHand: 7:08am On May 08, 2016
Once again history is about to repeat itself, in the last election PDP imposed alot of unpopular choices on its followers the end result was that PDP lost the election, it is clear that many grassroot supporters want change within the party yet a few are once again dictating to the many and without question, as sure as the sun will rise up in morning expect massive defection in PDP, guranteed, triple gurantueed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by modath(f): 7:10am On May 08, 2016
bejeiodus:
You have no stake in the PDP so you should keep away from its affairs. I am sure you fervently pray for a quick demise of the PDP and the subsequent subjugation of the country under a one party rule. Take it from me--it won't happen. The PDP will live through these challenges and continue to give APC political migraines.

But i do, i may stan for BUBU but i love my country more...i want a virile , productive and formidable opposition to keep it on him on his toes, we are not seeing it, dammit!!!!!

PDP just aint up to scratch, they have refused to CHANGE (pun not intended) their ways from the rascality, lack of internal democracy, refusal to listen to reason etc riddled ways.... We need a great opposition....

NO Bloda, PDP's death i do not pray for, it's incapacitation and limitation of its propensity for damage however is welcome..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by IVORY2009(m): 7:14am On May 08, 2016
omenka:

The dreamer "Dropshot/passingshot = Omenka grin
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:27am On May 08, 2016
TPAND:

Alleged BH sponsor.

Who did the North vote in 2011

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by allthingsgood: 7:28am On May 08, 2016
Dead party grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Nobody: 7:34am On May 08, 2016
modath:

But i do, i may stan for BUBU but i love my country more...i want a virile , productive and formidable opposition to keep it on him on his toes, we are not seeing it, dammit!!!!!

PDP just aint up to scratch, they have refused to CHANGE (pun not intended) their ways from the rascality, lack of internal democracy, refusal to listen to reason etc riddled ways.... We need a great opposition....

NO Bloda, PDP's death i do not pray for, it's incapacitation and limitation of its propensity for damage however is welcome..
It is a worrying thing, I must admit. But you can't stop politicians from politicking. Politics, especially the Nigerian brand, is all about interest. It is quite visible to any objective observer that all these brouhaha is about 2019....The PDP needs to have a new leadership in place to begin to act as an opposition party. The PDP didn't get the kind of opposition you asked for so don't hope for such. It will take some time to get used to the role of an opposition party after the long years in power, but trust me, the PDP is not lacking in men to put Buhari on his toes.
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by TPAND(f): 7:37am On May 08, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Who did the North vote in 2011

You need education. Receive it.
Jonathan never won any state in the north in 2011.
Buhari didn't get a clean sweep of the North. Though he had majority votes, both Nuhu ribadu and shekarau dealt a major blow to his aspirations. Nuhu won 1 state in the north. So it's a simple logic, the south and east will not vote Buhari in 2019, all PDP needs to do is to make a northerner the forerunner who can also merit regional and brotherhood parity votes from the North.

It's simple logic

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2016
TPAND:

You need education. Receive it.
Jonathan never won any state in the north in 2011.
Buhari didn't get a clean sweep of the North. Though he had majority votes, both Nuhu ribadu and shekarau dealt a major blow to his aspirations. Nuhu won 1 state in the north. So it's a simple logic, the south and east will not vote Buhari in 2019, all PDP needs to do is to make a northerner the forerunner who can also merit regional and brotherhood parity votes from the North.

It's simple logic
Am very sorry, pardon my myopic style of reasoning, i didn't know that Adamawa, Benue and Nasarawa et al were not northern states, once again sorry for my misunderstanding.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idAFLDE73G05B20110417

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by omooba969(m): 8:29am On May 08, 2016
I thot they held the PDP funeral last year. cool
Re: Sheriff Will Bury PDP At May21 Convention- Ex Ministers by canalily(m): 8:30am On May 08, 2016
Where did he dig the graveundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite / 181 Kidnap Victims Freed In Katsina After Govt Negotiates With Bandits, Miyetti / Why Do Obi Supporters Tag Supporters Of Other Candidates Fake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.